Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,031 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day (1861 Views)

NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event / 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) / Groom Dies On Wedding Day In Jos, Shocked Bride Lands In Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by trendysturvs(f): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2018
A twitter user identified as @seehausaboy on the platform has narrated on how a heart-breaking scene unfolded at a wedding a colleague of his attended in Lagos. The bride and groom’s mother fought each other on the wedding day.

Read his post below:

I asked a colleague how her weekend went and she said she went for a wedding in Lagos and something dramatic happened Guys! I can’t laugh alone Issa Thread

My colleague is a friend to the groom and as such, had to represent. They worked back in day as bankers in one of the top generation Banks. There was lotsa food and drinks, DJ was on point, everything was going on smoothly.

But then again, both the groom and the bride cooked separately to ensure the meal gets to all the people they invited (which i think is the norm these days with Yoruba weddings) but unfortunately, the food on the groom side had finished in no time

Then walked in a very important guest from the groom’s family, a very close relation of the mother in law of the bride. He apparently showed up late and she needed to have them served. they were just too important not to be entertained

The mother in law approached the bride to speak to her caterer to have them serve her guests who had just arrived. to her surprise, she declined and said the food remaining was for some guests at home.

The mother in law ignored her and went to dish out some food from the cooler and ordered it to be taken to the guest who were already seated and waiting. The caterer couldn’t stop her because after all, she was the mother of the groom!

Next thing, the bride came down from the car and ordered that the food be returned. the guys carrying the food were confused. the bride actually went by herself, collected the tray and poured the food back into the cooler

The Mother in law felt to embarrassed and disrespected that she slapped the bride. The bride returned the slap! the heavens let loose.

There was chaos everywhere. The groom and the groomsmen were so disappointed. he said he wasn’t interested in the solemnization of the union anymore. He left along with his family members. The bride too left as well

In the end, my colleague kukuma packed her ‘Kaya’ and left. leaving a huge number guest murmuring and stuff at what had transpired.

https://tsb.com.ng/2018/09/bride-and-grooms-mother-exchange-slaps-over-food-on-wedding-day/

Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by Zuorom: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2018
Tales by moonlight

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by keepingmum: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2018
if the groom's mum had a very "important" guest that "must" be served, the groom's family should have reserved food for their "very important" guest pending their arrival- afterall, the bride reserved food for the bride's family "very important" guests who couldnt make it to the reception venue.
Just because you are the groom's mother doesnt mean you ll be given preferential treatment over the bride's family. The Bride and her family are just as important as the groom and his family.
The MIL was once a bride, and it appears she doesnt approve of her son's choice of spouse - she is also a violent and shameless woman, to have assaulted another woman in public but clearly wasnt expecting humiliation or retaliation in public from a fellow shameless DIL.

In any event, i hope the guests enjoyed the parry, because afterall, thats what a wedding reception is about

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by Eketem: 10:16am On Sep 04, 2018
This is why it is good to plan and harmonise, during planning sometimes the mothers can go over board and this causes conflicts, the food taken by the mother in law should not have mattered if they both had smooth pre wedding plans. Even at that the wife should not have done what she did, she should have let it go, it's just food.

The mother in law too should not have been violent.

This whole thing shows there was a lot of tension planning the wedding and it was just what made the whole tension scatter
Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by Florblu(f): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2018
What?

The bride shouldn't have slap her mother-in-law.
I will receive the slap and even smile. People around will hail me and my home training while the mother-in-law will be condemned by guests around.
But.....
There are better ways of paying her back.
Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by eluquenson(m): 11:38am On Sep 04, 2018
the bride is not a good wife
Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by royalguy123(m): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2018
What is food,that will ruin your own wedding,!!!
I experienced it in my own marriage,my family rejected the food my in-laws gave to them,but I have to take the whole food home ate it for a whole 2weeks!!!
my family is intact,my marriage is intact,my in-laws still respected me till date,
lesson the DIL over reacted,what's food compare to her MARRIAGE?
Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by keepingmum: 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2018
royalguy123:
What is food,that will ruin your own wedding,!!!
I experienced it in my own marriage,my family rejected the food my in-laws gave to them,but I have to take the whole food home ate it for a whole 2weeks!!!
my family is intact,my marriage is intact,my in-laws still respected me till date,
lesson the DIL over reacted,what's food compare to her MARRIAGE?

I am sorry but with inlaws like that, i will choose food over that type of marriage

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by yvelchstores(f): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
keepingmum:
if the groom's mum had a very "important" guest that "must" be served, the groom's family should have reserved food for their "very important" guest pending their arrival- afterall, the bride reserved food for the bride's family "very important" guests who couldnt make it to the reception venue.
Just because you are the groom's mother doesnt mean you ll be given preferential treatment over the bride's family. The Bride and her family are just as important as the groom and his family.
The MIL was once a bride, and it appears she doesnt approve of her son's choice of spouse - she is also a violent and shameless woman, to have assaulted another woman in public but clearly wasnt expecting humiliation or retaliation in public from a fellow shameless DIL.

In any event, i hope the guests enjoyed the parry, because afterall, thats what a wedding reception is about
even if it was fowl they were giving the food to, what is a plate of food? Why will D so called bride do that? Your analysis is so bias. That slap from the old woman was as a result of provocation. Forget she is the mil, she was utterly disgraced by this bride over a mere plate of food. It's not done. That is, if the story is true sef
Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by zeestone99(m): 1:01am On Sep 05, 2018
keepingmum:

Wat r u saying, hw dare you colet fud from ur mother in law, where is the home training... If I'm d guy, dat gurl is out 4eva... Ordinary fud
Re: Bride And Groom’s Mother Exchange Slaps Over Food On Wedding Day by Exponental(m): 9:32am On Sep 05, 2018
I'm very very happy for the groom. Fine, money wasted but the fact that he ended it with her is better than a sorrowful marriage no matter how short. I bet any man who attempts marrying the lady will leave when he hears this story.

(1) (Reply)

Case closed thanks / Daily Wisdom For Your Marriage / Why Do People Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.