Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event (36518 Views)

Lady Slams Her Husband After She Paid For Their Food At An Eatery / 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) / Husband Seeks Divorce Over Food, Threat To Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by dre11(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2023
An officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence (NSCDC) and a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) yesterday engaged in fisticuffs over food at an event in Abuja.

The event organised by the Department of Parks and Recreation, Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), was to mark the 2023 World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought and to flag off the annual tree planting campaign.

Our correspondent reports that if not for the quick intervention of some of the guests, including journalists who were still at the venue, the fight would have escalated, as the other corps members were prepared to join their colleague in fighting the NSCDC officer.

The event, held at the office of the Department located within the military protected area of Asokoro, was packed full with guests, many of whom went home angrily because staff of the department hoarded the food and drinks meant to entertain guests.

The fight ensued when a NSCDC officer, in uniform, attempted to forcefully collect a bag containing packs of rice and drinks from a male youth corps member.

The corps member, who pleaded anonymity, said he tried to explain to the officer that the food packs were meant for his colleagues who were officially invited for the event, but he refused to listen.

One of the staff called me to go and carry food, so I saw the bag and carried it, but three Civil Defence Officers just came and hijacked the bag from me. I asked them why were they dragging the bag from me because I was made to understand that it’s for NYSC members.

“Before I knew what was happening, one of the NSCDC officers started warning me to be careful and I said ‘is it because of food that you are pointing at me telling me to take time?’

“I told him to take time too, and he said he will beat me, but I told him that he can’t beat me. Before I knew what was happening, he started hitting me, so we started fighting
.”

One of the civil defence officers said It is wrong for this young man, who calls himself a NYSC member, to be dragging food with one of our men. My concern is not even the food but how he was fighting with a uniformed person. I am angry with some of our men who were looking at the whole thing instead of manhandling the guy.

https://dailytrust.com/nscdc-officer-nysc-member-fight-over-food/

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by presidentBAT: 11:47am On Jun 18, 2023
dre11:

An officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence (NSCDC) and a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) yesterday engaged in fisticuffs over…

Nlfpmod
No be juju be dat

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by Magnoliaa(f): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2023
Nonsense and ingredients. undecided

Awon elebinnas.

The way some Nigerians who are in places of authority behave like gods is disgusting.

See talk that this one is saying, and even speaking about abuse casually.

It's a sin for them to go and get their own food abi?

One of the civil defence officers said “It is wrong for this young man, who calls himself a NYSC member, to be dragging food with one of our men. My concern is not even the food but how he was fighting with a uniformed person. I am angry with some of our men who were looking at the whole thing instead of manhandling the guy.”

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by Martinsmine(m): 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
dre11:

An officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence (NSCDC) and a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) yesterday engaged in fisticuffs over…

Nlfpmod
hunger they the town.... Please the both have received salaries and still drag food wit corper

4 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by HarunaWest(m): 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
dre11:

Nlfpmod
the NSCDC forget say corper sef wear uniform ba? He for collect .

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by KashApp: 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
"Instead of manhandling the guy"...same way you've been manhandling herdsmen, terrorists etc that kills you people daily unchallenged. This is where they flex muscle.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by GOFRONT(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Hmmm......Truely, there is hunger in the land

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by PerfectStranger(m): 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
Na with civilians their muscle dey strong.

14 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by harryboyng(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Wahala wahala wahala
Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by Pandev(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
grin. This is funny

3 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by Treasure17(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
There's hunger in the land.

4 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by Ireportlive: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
cool

Nigerian Party Jollof

Even Big men no dey use am play

13 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by menaxe: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nscdc always on the news, #my Oga on top comes to mind#

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by NwaNimo1(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by SAMBARRY: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
grin
Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by MrMcJay(m): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Lol.
Youth Corpers will beat the Civil Defence guys silly and nothing will happen.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by GoodRocks: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Damn!

Hunger in Yolubbaland. By the time the drug lord is done with yollloba people, their eyes go clear!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
grin
Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by Kharol1234: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Royal rumble

Nysc Vs Civil defence

First price: Rice
Second price: Nothing.

6 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by SultanOfAbia: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ok
Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by SlyIg(f): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
S
Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by MrMcJay(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Those Civil Defence guys need training. They believe that because they wear uniforms, they can misbehave anyhow. That's what happens when you give FG uniforms to illiterate forest guards.

Always in the news for the wrong reasons and them no even plenty.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by CartelKenneth: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
😂😂😂😂
Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by datola: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
They are hungry government children.
Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by kelvindj98: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Let the poor breathe...Dont suffocate them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by DamnnNiggarr: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
shocked

I know that it must be owambe people,

Those foodies can do anything for food,
dem don carry their owambe attitude enter Abuja

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by MrAmbrose(m): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
hunger na your mate? grin

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by TGreatGatsby: 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
Shouts out to the League of Dealers for keeping the price of kush constant even through these trying times

Re: NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event by Joconceptbest4(m): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
...Over food. Shame shame shame undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman In Tears As She Reunites With Mentally Challenged Son Who Went Missing (vi / Can I Fight This Now Or Wait Till The Baby Is Grown? / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.