Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,541 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

Kidnappers And Gsm - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers And Gsm (837 Views)

Confessions Of Kidnappers And Murderers Who Killed Keke Riders (graphic Pics) / Kidnappers Shoot Man After Collecting N30m Ransom / Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers And Gsm by faithin9ja: 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2010
apparently we now have to register your new Sim Card, partly to curb the rampant crime especially kidnapping. I fail to see how registering a GSM phone will thwart kidnappers given that many kidnappers use the victims phones to call the victims families and fake registration is easy enough.

Why doesn't the government and telecos work together to use the available technology to pin point where a call is been made from at the time the call is made. How difficult or expensive can this technology be? I believe a kidnapper must call the victims family otherwise there is no ransom, even if they keep changing the phone, the technology can over ride withheld numbers and trace the call in a very short space of time. The technology can even trace sim cards NOT making calls as they still give a signal.

surely I can't be the only person to suggest we explore this option?
Re: Kidnappers And Gsm by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
faithin9ja:

apparently we now have to register your new Sim Card, partly to curb the rampant crime especially kidnapping. I fail to see how registering a GSM phone will thwart kidnappers given that many kidnappers use the victims phones to call the victims families and fake registration is easy enough.

Why doesn't the government and telecos work together to use the available technology to pin point where a call is been made from at the time the call is made. How difficult or expensive can this technology be? I believe a kidnapper must call the victims family otherwise there is no ransom, even if they keep changing the phone, the technology can over ride withheld numbers and trace the call in a very short space of time. The technology can even trace sim cards NOT making calls as they still give a signal.

surely I can't be the only person to suggest we explore this option?

damn, after reading about another kidnapping, i was thinking the EXACT same thing!
i guess some people dont really give a damn until their families will be the ones kidnapped . . . . . . . . . . . by then it will be too late!
Re: Kidnappers And Gsm by Osama10(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2010
We know what to do in Nigeria but dont just know why they fail to do the right thing, guess they are benefactors of the kidnapping shit.
Re: Kidnappers And Gsm by williamsdr: 5:43am On Jul 14, 2010
kid and napping
Re: Kidnappers And Gsm by Saddam: 1:01am On Jul 11, 2012
Do you have low GSM Signal?
Do you have Zero Signal?
Is it a remote location?
Home or Office?

We can boost you poor signal or bring a signal to you.

Start enjoying that calls today at the comfort or your home or office.

Call 01 7328442

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Cultists Terrorise Ekiti Varsity / Trader Bites Off Kai Official's Finger In Lagos / Uniabuja Big Babe Dies After Buying N8m Car!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.