Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,091 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames (8711 Views)

Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children / 13 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra State / 14 Suspected Kidnappers Killed In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Standing5(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2012
The duo of Emmanuel Onyeka, a trader and Mrs. Chichi Obiajulu, a beer parlor operator at Aguda, Surulere, Lagos will never forget what happened to them last Sunday, in a hurry. In fact, while they are alleging that they were victims of kidnapping, the police is investigating whether their ugly encounter with a customer in the bar was a kidnap or ritual attempt.

However, the man at the center of the whole drama identified simply as Chief Ibekwe, according to Police sources, vehemently denied the allegations made against him and his driver insisting that the so-called victims were drunk and they were rendering a humanitarian service by taking them back to their respective homes.

Crime Alert gathered that the drama started in the early hours of the penultimate Sunday around 3.30am at Celenzia bus stop, Badagry Expressway.

The main suspect, at the center of the dram, Chief Ibekwe had gone to his usual drinking joint owned by Madam Chichi and while there, he met Emmanuel Onyeka who happened to be an old time friend dating back to 25 years. They hugged, exchanged pleasantries and tried to get back at old times. They reportedly spent time together after which Ibekwe offered to drive both him and the bar owner home.

Chief Ibekwe and driver

The story took a dramatic dimension after the victims suddenly discovered that instead of being taken to their residence at Surulere area, Chief Ibekwe and his driver, Thomas, were heading towards Badagry expressway. They reportedly started struggling to free themselves from the hands of their suspected abductors. Mrs.Chichi succeeded in jumping out of the car into a swamp at Celeniza bus stop while her colleague failed.

Thereafter, she pulled off her clothes, a white blouse and wrapper in order for her assailants not to recognize her. She was able to crawl out of the swamp naked and hid in front of a shop. Luckily, she was seen by some members of a Vigilante Group in the area who clothed her before she narrated her ordeal to them.

It was learnt that while she was narrating the story, she received a call from the other victim Mr Emmanuel, who told her where they were after which members of the vigilante group succeeded in rescuing him also and arrested their suspected kidnappers.

A member of the Vigilante Group, Mr. Afolabi Omotosho told Crime Alert that while they were on patrol at about 3:30.a.m at Celeniza, bus stop, they saw something crawling from the swamp into one of the shops around there.

“Thinking it was a mad person or a robber, we drew closer only to see a naked woman breathing very fast. So, we quickly provided a cloth for her to cover her body, calmed her down and asked her what the problem was. She told us that she owns a bar at Aguda, Surulere and that she does not know what happened.

“That she just woke up to find herself in car going towards Badagry, so she jumped off the car. While narrating her ordeal to us, she got a call from one man who happened to be another victim. He told us that the vehicle he was in was heading back, so I told some of my boys to stay at the expressway to track the vehicle down. When my boys saw a vehicle coming, they stopped it and found Mr. Emmanuel Onyeka.

Madam Chichi and Mr. Emmanuel

“When we questioned Chief Ibekwe, he said he did not kidnap the two victims, that it was because they were drunk he decided to take them home. The Chief also offered us the sum of N300,000.00 which we declined. Later in the morning, we handed him and his driver over to the Police at Ijanikin for further interrogation,”he stated.

In another development, members of the vigilante group recorded another feat by arresting a notorious bugler while he was breaking into a sachet water depot (name withheld) in Jakande area of Ajangbadi community, Oto Awori Local Council development area of Lagos state. The suspect told Crime Alert that he has been indulging in criminal activities from the age of 12 after he was scolded by his parents for stealing N200.

The suspect who gave his name as Jimoh Olalekan,19, was earlier arrested by men of the vigilante group when he allegedly tried to break into a sachet water depot. He also confessed to have been responsible for the criminal activities in the community stating that he also sell his loot to a ready buyer at the Alaba-Rago market in Ojo Local Government Area.

Efforts by Crime Alert to confirm the story from the police at Ajangbadi station failed as the officers refused to speak with us. A source at the station however alleged that the suspects have been released by the police after making their statements.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/drama-as-suspected-kidnappers-and-victims-trade-blames/

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2012
There is no serious evidence pointing to a kidnap or an attempted kidnap.

It is their word against his own.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Standing5(m): 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2012
The whole thing is funny on one hand but then could be really as serious as it appears here. Someone is definitely at fault here.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Eve100000: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
[quote author=virtuoso01]There is no serious evidence pointing to a kidnap or an attempted kidnap.

Are u sure u are ok? THE WOMAN JUMPED OUT OF THE CAR# and y the hell did the so call chief offers the vigilante 300k! Pls stop being stupid and make use of ur brain that is if u hv any,na wah o sumbodi just wake up and notice she is on the way to badagry and u still dey doubt d story,ode

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 25, 2012
The story took a dramatic dimension after the victims suddenly discovered that instead of being taken to their residence at Surulere area, Chief Ibekwe and his driver, Thomas, were heading towards Badagry expressway. They reportedly started struggling to free themselves from the hands of their suspected abductors. Mrs.Chichi succeeded in jumping out of the car into a swamp at Celeniza bus stop while her colleague failed.

how many other people have these beer parlour stalking serial ritualists sent to their maker?
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=Eve100000][/quote]
yeah my point of view differ from yours, so that is why you are hurling insults and feeling like superman.

Any way, I am too matured to return it back to you.

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2012
Standing5:

Thereafter, she pulled off her clothes, a white blouse and wrapper in order for her assailants not to recognize her. She was able to crawl out of the swamp naked and hid in front of a shop. Luckily, she was seen by some members of a Vigilante Group in the area who clothed her before she narrated her ordeal to them.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/drama-as-suspected-kidnappers-and-victims-trade-blames/

Madam Chichi is gangsta. Excellent presence of mind and survival insticts
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Eve100000: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2012
virtuoso01:
yeah my point of view differ from yours, so that is why you are hurling insults and feeling like superman.

Very well then before talking next time, Please connect the tongue to the brain….

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2012
Eve100000:
Very well then before talking next time, Please connect the tongue to the brain….
You have already proven that you are very immature. No need to dwell on it.

You need to learn to speak to people without trading insults. Annonymous forum or not, what we do here shows who we really are.

I hope you will reflect on that.

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Standing5(m): 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
oyb:

I tell ya!
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by jude33084(m): 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
virtuoso01: There is no serious evidence pointing to a kidnap or an attempted kidnap.

...Did I read that he offerred someone 300k? undecided

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Incred(m): 5:20am On Oct 27, 2012
Hmmm!diz kontry is 2much,Devil is proud of everyone here
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by agohavivi(f): 5:41am On Oct 27, 2012
virtuoso01:

Thanks. People like him are best handled this way.

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by agohavivi(f): 5:48am On Oct 27, 2012
@Eve100000: U should learn to respect the next man's opinion. Do you have to hurl insults at anyone who refuses to accept your opinion? You are the one I think, needs to connect his tongue to his brain because people like you always start or get into fights when around people with diverse opinion. U've got a lot of growing up to do, indeed.

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Jayloy: 5:52am On Oct 27, 2012
hmmmm must it be you guys again. You people and crime, naija for don let una go teytey. I no mention names o.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 27, 2012
AND WE ALL KNOW WHY THESE MADE FRONT PAGE EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT A KIDNAP STORY AT ALL... BIGOTED, TRIBALISTIC MODS! A GUY WAS COMPLAINING YESTERDAY OF HOW HIS POST OF "TWO YORUBA BOYS RAPPE A GIRL TO DEATH AND BURIES HER", NEVER MADE FRONT PAGE. YET THIS RUBBISH STORY MAKES FRONT PAGE JUST BECAUSE OF THE WORD "KIDNAP" AND BECAUSE IT INVOLVES THE TRIBE OF YOU ALL KNOW NA. ANYWAYS, GOD IS WATCHING Y'ALL ON "AFRICAN MAGIC"!

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by rabonni(m): 6:03am On Oct 27, 2012
if u re into sportbetting visit betagist..com for your daily picks its free.......note he buys the pick from a link in europe but he is giving them out free cos he want is blog to grow try them and see, i know him one on one, he makes his living from sport betting
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by onatisi(m): 6:10am On Oct 27, 2012
@eve
cant u for once your life make a point without throwing insults ,the man made a point,if u disagree with his point just tell him no need to throw insults

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by aljharem(m): 6:11am On Oct 27, 2012
exxell: AND WE ALL KNOW WHY THESE MADE FRONT PAGE EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT A KIDNAP STORY AT ALL... BIGOTED, TRIBALISTIC MODS! A GUY WAS COMPLAINING YESTERDAY OF HOW HIS POST OF "TWO YORUBA BOYS RAPPE A GIRL TO DEATH AND BURIES HER", NEVER MADE FRONT PAGE. YET THIS RUBBISH STORY MAKES FRONT PAGE JUST BECAUSE OF THE WORD "KIDNAP" AND BECAUSE IT INVOLVES THE TRIBE OF YOU ALL KNOW NA. ANYWAYS, GOD IS WATCHING Y'ALL ON "AFRICAN MAGIC"!

does it matter ? What matters is the crime

You think people are jobless to be looking for the criminal ethnicity

BTW here is your thread you call two yoruba boys

https://www.nairaland.com/1083944/two-students-arrested-over-kidnap
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by azimibraun: 6:17am On Oct 27, 2012
Another evidence of Nigerians bin overated as intelligent ppl... All involved in dis are alive yet u wll nt get a straight story...hw drunk wia dis 2? Owner of bar drunk.. Dos she sell alone in her joint, see d time o! Around 3 o clock, hw did she gt into the car, and hw ws the chief alone goin 2 handle dis 2 cos d driver wld b driving and hw did hee even knw dis 2 wll b dia up till dt time? When d woman jumped off what held d Man, and hw did she not lose her fone and in wht manner did d man call her and hw did he concince the chief 2 turn back and why dd d chief still went knwing a knwn person hd jumped off his car? Infact dey wia all drunk and are wasting ourtime. Eediots

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by RickyRoss1(m): 6:38am On Oct 27, 2012
Sometime tells me that the so called chief is not innocent though I have no evidence against him.
WHY IS THE CHIEF OFFERING 300,000.00 NAIRA BRIBE OR ALAWI TO THE VIGILANTE PEOPLE IF HE IS INNOCENT AS HE CLAIMS?
Even if he is guilty, he will likely bribe his way out, after all, the police na our friend, NONSENSE
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Mezzari(m): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2012
With the driver driving how could the chief alone handle two victims?
How was the male victim allowed to make a voice call?
Why did the 'kidnappers' make a u-turn?

I believe the chief was truly helping out.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by baslone: 6:53am On Oct 27, 2012
alj harem:

does it matter ? What matters is the crime

You think people are jobless to be looking for the criminal ethnicity

BTW here is your thread you call two yoruba boys

https://www.nairaland.com/1083944/two-students-arrested-over-kidnap

Maybe you should just quote it.

BENIN—TWO students of Federal Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State, Henry Edewo, 21 and Emmanuel Isikhuime, have been arrested by the Police for kidnapping, Molesting and murdering a female student, one Mercy Peter, 21, also a student of the institution.

They were alleged to have buried their victim in a shallow grave in a forest at Ugbor village, Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State, after killing her.

Vanguard gathered that the victim, who was kidnapped on July 29, this year, was killed four days later after she was serially Molested by the suspects.

They were also alleged to have continued to demand for ransom from her parents after killing her.

State Police Public Relations Officer, Anthony Airhuoyo, however, told newsmen that the police made a breakthrough in the case on October 17 when two of the suspects were arrested.

The arrested suspects
He added that a third suspect, whose name was given as Charles, was still on the run.

Airhuoyo disclosed that the suspects took the police to the spot where they buried Mercy and her corpse was exhumed. He said they were awaiting autopsy report.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Richy4(m): 6:54am On Oct 27, 2012
I was thinking that the first thing a kidnapper would do will be to confiscate their victim's phone to avoid communication. especially when they are semi conscious. in this case,this individual was able to even dial the number of his fellow victim and to the hearing of the so called kidnappers, explain were they where. I just hope this is not another ALUU false alarm.based on drunks Account.

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 27, 2012
oyb:

omo that woman eh...dem suppose give her special award! E no easy to be female jackie chan! Mama chichi you too much!
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by ridgeman: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2012
obviously something isn't right, guess the reporter couldn't be bothered to get the facts.

I can only think that the chief knew the game was up once one of the victims escaped so he had to cancel whatever plans he had...

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by salam001(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2012
exxell: AND WE ALL KNOW WHY THESE MADE FRONT PAGE EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT A KIDNAP STORY AT ALL... BIGOTED, TRIBALISTIC MODS! A GUY WAS COMPLAINING YESTERDAY OF HOW HIS POST OF "TWO YORUBA BOYS RAPPE A GIRL TO DEATH AND BURIES HER", NEVER MADE FRONT PAGE. YET THIS RUBBISH STORY MAKES FRONT PAGE JUST BECAUSE OF THE WORD "KIDNAP" AND BECAUSE IT INVOLVES THE TRIBE OF YOU ALL KNOW NA. ANYWAYS, GOD IS WATCHING Y'ALL ON "AFRICAN MAGIC"!
you over-feed baby monkey,so you wanna spoil a thread that has been going smoothly by bring your hypocritical thoughts here,but it won't work
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by ifeegee(f): 7:06am On Oct 27, 2012
SO vanguard actually published this crapy & inconsistency story abi?How did mr Emma,make the call,is it with a muffled mouth,or in the glaring eyes of his abductors, how?Kidnapping gone weary indeed.

Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by buchibabe: 7:20am On Oct 27, 2012
cry"Ember" month....... Hmmm. I'm fearing o.afraid is catchin me
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by geeez: 7:24am On Oct 27, 2012
As usual
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by qplus(m): 7:29am On Oct 27, 2012
I thought this thread was on a kidnap attempt, but reading through I noticed a guy diverted everybody's attention by insulting another. I would have loved to comment on d thread but my attention is diverted also. I just want to advise the guy who insulted to grow up....imagine I ended up not contributing to the thread.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers And Victims Trade Blames by nikky341: 7:33am On Oct 27, 2012
this is how a vigilant group should operate, do citizen aresst and hand over to police.

Mob Lynches Cop For Killing Driver Over Bribe / Security Man Caught Defiling 8year Old Girl In Asaba (photos) / 1000 Nigerians In Egyptian Prisons

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58