Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September (13653 Views)

Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer / LAGBUS/BRT:-20% ROI Per Month -offer Closes By Nov 31st-hurry Up. / Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Just2endowed2(m): 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
Enosa1:
What are the likely risk involve
Risk involved is if nigeria go to another civil war or the nation divide
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by AkhereOkaka(m): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2018
Owutuotuo:
It'll be a worthy investment if there won't at any point in next 2 years be an inflation equal or greater than the 11.3% interest payable quarterly. The decision to invest had to be weighed viz a viz the eventual value of money at the end of the term.
You're right bro my concern has to do with inflation

1 Like

Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
abumoney:
Hope this bond will not be like that scam Daar communications and Raypower put up in 2008? Till now, I haven't gotten a penny in dividends. We're such a lawless set of people
Sleezwizz:
Whats this l about? Can someone please explain?
sammy4life2:
What's the minimum and how much for each unit
wandeay:
I need a concise but comprehensive explanation please, ee learn everyday, thanks
Balitah:
Please can somebody that understands and knows about bond tell me how this works?... I'm interested please
Daliano:
Can a corps member buy? How much for a unit and how does it work?
MrHighSea:
Nlders financial experts
Break it down to our understanding
Enosa1:
What are the likely risk involve
sirBLUNT:
i think buying this bond and liquidating after 3month or more won't be bad idea...pusyiter, lefulefu what do you guys think?
anjilgreat:
More explanations needed
Babayoutoomuch:

Thanks for the explanation. God bless. At d end of the agreed duration, will my capital be returned to me automatically?? Why the short notice open 3rd closes 7th?
Ev
nkemjacob2:
Explain to me anyone who understand how to buy
Balitah:

Thank you so much, I really do appreciate
er
NaijaTalkTown:
N10,000 to start and a minimum of N1,000 thereafter. Apart of FGN, there are other investment companies out there too. The difference between FGN and other investment agencies is the high interest rate and security of the FGN Bonds. Some investment plans lets you to deposit monthly for a fixed duration (usually 3 - 15 years) and you get a lot of money by the end of that period.
Optmus:

What is T bills?
yt
sweetilicious:
Please what's the least amount to invest?
Everythinging you need to know about FGN Savings Bond is on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3658395/fgn-savings-bond
You can ask questions there too.
Thank me later.
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by mycar: 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
The interest rate is rubbish. Invest N18k and get N22,091 in two years time.
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by anjilgreat(f): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
Just2endowed2:

Government (savings) bonds are assets in form of cash that are lend to the federal government for a duration of more than a year by individuals like me and you or corporate organisations and interest is paid quarterly and its not subject to withholding tax.

You can also read about Nigeria treasury bill, this is also financial instruments issue by government and the duration is less than a year. Also it's not subject to withholding tax and interest is paid upfront unlike fixed /savings account that's paid at the end of the duration.

Read more;https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/563

Thanks
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by datola: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
abumoney:
Hope this bond will not be like that scam Daar communications and Raypower put up in 2008? Till now, I haven't gotten a penny in dividends. We're such a lawless set of people

No
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by anjilgreat(f): 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2018
4601CE:
verything you need to know about FGN Savings Bond is on this thread
Thank me later.

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by sweetilicious(f): 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2018
NaijaTalkTown:
nPower and prospective corpers, you should invest in this. Your savings will always be there, but your investments will always increase your savings and ability to save.
Please what's the least amount to invest
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by sweetilicious(f): 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2018
NaijaTalkTown:
nPower and prospective corpers, you should invest in this. Your savings will always be there, but your investments will always increase your savings and ability to save.
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Optmus(m): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2018
frankIzuchukwu:
There interest rate is to poor
I prefer T bills

What is T bills?
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by SarakiBukola: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
abumoney:

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
sweetilicious:
N10,000 to start and a minimum of N1,000 thereafter. Apart of FGN, there are other investment companies out there too. The difference between FGN and other investment agencies is the high interest rate and security of the FGN Bonds. Some investment plans lets you to deposit monthly for a fixed duration (usually 3 - 15 years) and you get a lot of money by the end of that period.
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Unscrup: 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2018
I will have suggest you to go for the ARM money market fund because the rate is at 12.33% currently and can go above that. You can contact me for more explanation.
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Unscrup: 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2018
Optmus:

What is T bills?

Treasury bills
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by gift01: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
Inflation is coming. This is a poor deal
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by sweetilicious(f): 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2018
NaijaTalkTown:
How do I start?
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by osazsky(m): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
sonnie10:

You must hold for 2-3 years
leave them let them rush in na dem go still rush out,na fg dey rush them now cuz of election,11% that will mature in 3 years time is that an investment?
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by osazsky(m): 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2018
sweetilicious:
Please what's the least amount to invest
oga nor waste ur money if u are not investing big,use the money to play 10 odds and thank me lata
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by talk2emma: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
So if I give them 100k now after one years they will pay me 111k this is nonsense na so buhari pikin take get money buy power bike

2 Likes

Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by BabaRamota1980: 11:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
Balitah:
Please can somebody that understands and knows about bond tell me how this works?... I'm interested please

It is deep.

Govt always want citizens to have a sense of ownership in its business. The wisdom is that people don't destroy where they invest. So by engaging public and ordinary citizens to invest in government you encourage patriotism.

Also, govt is always in need of funds to meet demands. They don't really need to come to public for their funds, they could go to banks and get the loan. They will pay interest on the money till maturity and then pay back what they owe bank. The bank makes profits.

Instead of always going to banks for money, govt will come to public citizens and ask for loan. It is termed savings fund or savings bond to give the lender (you and i) a reduced tax bracket....somewhat of a tax shelter. If it was called loan, instead of savings, the tax on it will be higher.

So the govt will issue a savings bond and give terms for its offer, the subscription and maturity date with ppercentage yield.

This particular bond is going at minimum of N 5,000. That means you cannot invest less than 5,000. You can subscribe for more at increment of 1,000. This means you cannot buy 500 or 200 or 700 naira bond. The maximum any one entity can subscribe is N50,000,000.

If you pay money into it and leave there for two years term it yields at about 11% and some change. If you do for three years it yields a little over 12%.

The yield is calculated every quarter (3mos), and paid to you. You can elect to withdraw or reinvest the yield back into your holding.

If you do this two times and you get paid good, you will always look forward to the govt to offer more bonds so you can subscribe. You will become interested in govt business and start monitoring rates, debts, projects and getting your nose into govt business more. This is the goal....you have taken ownership of your govt and wish success on it so you yourself can succeed. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Balitah(f): 12:28am On Sep 05, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

It is deep.

Govt always want citizens to have a sense of ownership in its business. The wisdom is that people don't destroy where they invest. So by engaging public and ordinary citizens to invest in government you encourage patriotism.

Also, govt is always in need of funds to meet demands. They don't really need to come to public for their funds, they could go to banks and get the loan. They will pay interest on the money till maturity and then pay back what they owe bank. The bank makes profits.

Instead of always going to banks for money, govt will come to public citizens and ask for loan. It is termed savings fund or savings bond to give the lender (you and i) a reduced tax bracket....somewhat of a tax shelter. If it was called loan, instead of savings, the tax on it will be higher.

So the govt will issue a savings bond and give terms for its offer, the subscription and maturity date with ppercentage yield.

This particular bond is going at minimum of N 5,000. That means you cannot invest less than 5,000. You can subscribe for more at increment of 1,000. This means you cannot buy 500 or 200 or 700 naira bond. The maximum any one entity can subscribe is N50,000,000.

If you pay money into it and leave there for two years term it yields at about 11% and some change. If you do for three years it yields a little over 12%.

The yield is calculated every quarter (3mos), and paid to you. You can elect to withdraw or reinvest the yield back into your holding.

If you do this two times and you get paid good, you will always look forward to the govt to offer more bonds so you can subscribe. You will become interested in govt business and start monitoring rates, debts, projects and getting your nose into govt business more. This is the goal....you have taken ownership of your govt and wish success on it so you yourself can succeed. grin

Thank you so much, I really do appreciate
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by nkemjacob2(m): 1:06am On Sep 05, 2018
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by jemby: 2:15am On Sep 05, 2018
Nice
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Babayoutoomuch(f): 3:03am On Sep 05, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

It is deep.

Thanks for the explanation. God bless. At d end of the agreed duration, will my capital be returned to me automatically?? Why the short notice open 3rd closes 7th?
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Youngzedd(m): 4:34am On Sep 05, 2018
Owutuotuo:
It'll be a worthy investment if there won't at any point in next 2 years be an inflation equal or greater than the 11.3% interest payable quarterly. The decision to invest had to be weighed viz a viz the eventual value of money at the end of the term.

If it's not greater than inflation rate, to me it's not a wise investment.

Though it's better for people who doesn't understand elementary economics that saves money in the bank.

1 Like

Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 05, 2018
sweetilicious:
How do I start?
Visit dmo.gov.ng and use the FAQ page to get more info on FGN Bonds and get a list of verified agents from the website too.
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by byna: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2018
wandeay:
I need a concise but comprehensive explanation please, ee learn everyday, thanks

You invest into FGN bond.

For instance you want to invest 1m @ 10% for two years.

Your 10% per annum equals 100,000 per annum.

Divided into 12 months gives N8,333 monthly.

You will receive alert of N8,333 for the next 2years and get your 1m + the last N8,333 on the last month.

1 Like

Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by BabaRamota1980: 10:17am On Sep 05, 2018
nkemjacob2:

Babayoutoomuch:

To buy you will contact licensed agents designated by govt to sell its bonds. If you go to the website referenced at bottom of the notice you can find the agents and their contact info.

The short term notice and subscrption window is too tight. I don't know the reason for that.

When the bond matures, that is at end of the term, yes, your initial invested amount + interest earned - tax = payout. You can elect to have the money reinvested into other derivatives. This will be a discussion between you and your agent.
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Pusyiter(m): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2018
Bro, anything FG, abeg, it means forget it.
Nothing would come out from this shit
4601CE:
verything you need to know about FGN Savings Bond is on this thread
Thank me later.
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Pusyiter(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2018
It could be tempting to buy but liquidating eh, you will go through hell. It is like getting your pension money from your PFA
sirBLUNT:
i think buying this bond and liquidating after 3month or more won't be bad idea...pusyiter, lefulefu what do you guys think?
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
Pusyiter:
Ok.
You didn’t have to quote me in the first place though
Re: FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2018
Pusyiter:
Continue to say nonsense and let others benefit from the Government.
Oga, Shift Abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Help You Get Proof Of Funds Today / Financial Lessons We Can Learn From Warren Buffet / Is MMM Going Down Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.