Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? (1634 Views)

France National Team Players And Countries Of Origin / This Is The Richest Footballer In The World, It Is Not Ronaldo Or Messi / 30-Woman National Team Players Packed In A 14 Seater Bus In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2018
Actually I write this to compare between these two greats, as to who has had a better team... Let's start with CR7...

1. CR7
team..... Man Utd

Notable teammates (top 7)
Scholes
Carrick
Anderson
Nani
Rooney
Giggs
Evra

Portugal

Nani
Moutinho
Quaresma
Eder
Pepe

Real Madrid
Ozil
Modric
Marcelo
Bale
Ramos

Now let's look at Messi...

Argentina...
Tevez
Di Maria
Aguero
Higuain
Mascherano

Now I'm gonno divide Barcelona into two eras

1st era.....

Ronaldinho
Deco
Thiery Henry
Etoo
Puyol

2nd era....
Xavi
Iniesta
Neymar
Suarez
Dani alvez..

So from the players that I have listed above, who would you pick that has had the better team mates for both club and country??

If you say Ronaldo, then you must accept that Modric is better than Ronaldinho, Xavi, Deco and Iniesta....

Mod: let's settle this....
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by obonujoker(m): 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
Lol... from what I'm seeing here, Messi has had the better players na...

The thing is that Ronaldo doesn't assist, he only scores goals unlike Messi.... who does both, and he only waits for tapin from his team mates....

Buh from what I'm seeing here, Messi also benefited from having world class team mates, which are clearly better than those of Ronaldo... imagine comparing Etoo with Nani, or Anderson with Deco.... lol...

However both Ronaldo and Messi are legends... both have different playing style....

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
obonujoker:
Lol... from what I'm seeing here, Messi has had the better players na...

The thing is that Ronaldo doesn't assist, he only scores goals unlike Messi.... who does both, and he only waits for tapin from his team mates....

Buh from what I'm seeing here, Messi also benefited from having world class team mates, which are clearly better than those of Ronaldo... imagine comparing Etoo with Nani, or Anderson with Deco.... lol...

However both Ronaldo and Messi are legends... both have different playing style....

Huh... Ronaldo doesn't assists ke??

Since the history and foundation of Real Madrid, who is Real Madrid highest assists holder?? both in league, UCL and other competitions??

Ronaldo wait for tapins?? Ronaldo has scored 450 official goals better than Raul with over a hundred goal difference, and from those goals Modric and Kroos assisted on 28 of those goals. What does that tell you?? Even the Marcelo you guys call has just 65 assists total in his Madrid career... and how many do you think he would have assisted Ronaldo??

Some fools even say Ronaldo doesn't allow bale play, buh they forgot Messi didn't allow Neymar, David Villa, Sanchez even the great Henry play enough, look at Paco Alcacer? and if you ask them why, they will say how can you bench Messi for them, so they expect Ronaldo to be bench for bale??

Imagine the double speak....
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2018
Jokerman:

Since the history and foundation of Real Madrid, who is Real Madrid highest assists holder?? both in league, UCL and other competitions??

Ronaldo wait for tapins?? Ronaldo has scored 450 official goals better than Raul with over a hundred goal difference, and from those goals Modric and Kroos assisted on 28 of those goals. What does that tell you?? Even the Marcelo you guys call has just 65 assists total in his Madrid career... and how many do you think he would have assisted Ronaldo??

Some fools even say Ronaldo doesn't allow bale play, buh they forgot Messi didn't allow Neymar, David Villa, Sanchez even the great Henry play enough, look at Paco Alcacer? and if you ask them why, they will say how can you bench Messi for them, so they expect Ronaldo to be bench for bale??

huh.... lemme Google first... how can Ronaldo have more assist than Zidane, Di Stefano, Beckham, guti...

I don't believe all these lies....
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2018
Oga, you for just say you wan praise Ronaldo na... You opened a thread and na you begin to complain... As much as I love Ronaldo, his game has changed to only scoring goals and nothing else, the assists you are shouting sef are not what you would want to call special (person stay inside box and recieve ball and pass, otan)... Assist pass assist abeg, but never you compare Ronaldo to the greats we have had in football as if you are comparing him with some average players. Ronaldo is only lucky to play against these wack players we have today.. The same as Messi but Messi na Messi (everybody knows what he can do on a good day).

See as you dey call Raul and Eto like say na Kane or Lukaku them be... At their peaks Ronaldo no near any of them, if peak Eto plays against the yeye players of these days, he too will win at least 4 Ballon d 'or.
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2018
Jokerman:

When you asked if Messi allowed the great Henry play, I just knew you probably didnt watch Barcelona when Henry was there.. So Henry didnt play because of Messi, SMH... Same with Neymar? David Villa? and Sanchez? Please stop misleading people.
Ronaldo of the last 3 years na palm wine Tapper (can tap anything into the net), and Zidane made Madrid play in a way that Ronaldo is always free on the field in a position to score and yes, cos he is a very good finisher no doubt. But you guys now want to make it look like Ronaldo does the playing like Messi does (NEVER!). While Ronaldo is always around the penalty box, Messi is always dropping back to the midfield and dictates the play for Barca, he decides the game for Barca and pulls the strings. Ronaldo has teammates that does the work and all he has to do is to stroll around the penalty box and he does that the entire duration of the match (except for only a few times he drops, and not like he can take the ball upfield himself tho). So tell me why that kind of player won't have many assists and goals... Still yet Messi tops him in goals scored in La Liga and Assists (I'm not comparing them both but the way you people carry Ronaldo is like he does the whole playing for his teammates the way Messi does). I always say it that swap Messi and Ronaldo and see who maintains the goal scoring... I am certain Messi will double his scoring ratio cos he will have less work to do.
The people saying Ronaldo does not allow Bale shine know what they are saying but they fail to add Benzema too. Benzema's work rate is very high and unlike Ronaldo he drops deep, same as Bale. Now when Ronaldo does all the scoring (cos he wants to be top scorer at all cost) what do you expect Bale and Benzema to do? In every situation where all three of them have the opportunity to score, it is Ronaldo that has to score, if anybody else scores, Ronaldo is not so happy until he scores (most evident was the last CL final). Why won't he be top scorer in Madrid or did they tell you that was how Raul was selfish? What Ronaldo does is just *stats padding*
Now Ronaldo is not in Madrid and they have continued winning, Bale is playing his best football, Benzema is playing his best football... Benzema has 4 goals in 3 matches, Bale has 3 in 3, and Ramos has scored 2 Penalties already (if Ronaldo was there, he would have scored 7 goals easily then the rest will share 2 and we will not hear word). Ronaldo himself has not scored 1 goal for Juventus yet even tho he still hangs around the penalty box... Does this not tell you that his teammates at Madrid were sacrificing their own personal glory for him to be collecting awards and stats padding?
You now came here to use style to call teammates so you can find an excuse to praise Ronaldo. Yes, Ronaldo is good but stop making it look like he made his teammates better, all his teammates made him better. Ronaldo played for Manchester United at a time when Man U was dominating the league and was very strong in Europe (not the Man U we have now), Man U was one of the best teams and had arguably the best players in England and at that time Messi was just breaking from the youth team into the first team of Barcelona. I won't correct your list of his teammates but please go and check properly and see his real teammates and not Nani and Anderson you have listed here cos Nani only played one season with Ronaldo and was never a regular until Ronaldo left Man U and Anderson never even got to play 20% of any season. You made it look like at United Ronaldo had an inferior team whereas the same Man U knocked Barca out of the CL.
Messi made and is still making his teammates better, apart from the era of Deco and co when Ronaldinho was the main man, the moment Messi broke into the first team, he has been making his teammates better and they all attest to that.... Last weekend Barca had a penalty in the 92nd minute and the last kick of the game and Messi had scored 2 goals already, he could have completed his hattrick but what did he do, he gave the ball to Suarez to score his own second for the night.
Just watch out for Bale and Benzema even Isco this season and see what they will do...
Make I no shout too much make e no be like say person dey take sides... And you even mentioned Paco Alcacer, so na Messi dey worry that one too? SMH
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:
Oga, you for just say you wan praise Ronaldo na... You opened a thread and na you begin to complain... As much as I love Ronaldo, his game has changed to only scoring goals and nothing else, the assists you are shouting sef are not what you would want to call special (person stay inside box and recieve ball and pass, otan)... Assist pass assist abeg, but never you compare Ronaldo to the greats we have had in football. Ronaldo is only lucky to play against these wack players we have today.. The same as Messi but Messi na Messi (everybody knows what he can do on a good day).

See as you dey call Raul and Eto like say na Kane or Lukaku them be... At their peaks Ronaldo no near any of them, if peak Eto plays against the yeye players of these days, he too will win at least 4 Ballon d 'or.

When Ronaldo won his first BallonDo'r, wasn't Etoo still in Barca??

So you want to compare Etoo to Ronaldo now... you Messi fans are clowns... Ronaldo use 9 years shatter all Madrid statistics, and you compare Raul to him...

Well, I no blame you Sha... you never still tell us wetin Messi take better pass Ronaldo...

Tell us between both, who has played with better players....
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

When you asked if Messi allowed the great Henry play, I just knew you probably didnt watch Barcelona when Henry was there.. So Henry didnt play because of Messi, SMH... Same with Neymar? David Villa? and Sanchez? Please stop misleading people.
Ronaldo of the last 3 years na palm wine Tapper (can tap anything into the net), and Zidane made Madrid play in a way that Ronaldo is always free on the field in a position to score and yes, cos he is a very good finisher no doubt. But you guys now want to make it look like Ronaldo does the playing like Messi does (NEVER!). While Ronaldo is always around the penalty box, Messi is always dropping back to the midfield and dictates the play for Barca, he decides the game for Barca and pulls the strings. Ronaldo has teammates that does the work and all he has to do is to stroll around the penalty box and he does that the entire duration of the match (except for only a few times he drops, and not like he can take the ball upfield himself tho). So tell me why that kind of player won't have many assists and goals... Still yet Messi tops him in goals scored in La Liga and Assists (I'm not comparing them both but the way you people carry Ronaldo is like he does the whole playing for his teammates the way Messi does). I always say it that swap Messi and Ronaldo and see who maintains the goal scoring... I am certain Messi will double his scoring ratio cos he will have less work to do.
The people saying Ronaldo does not allow Bale shine know what they are saying but they fail to add Benzema too. Benzema's work rate is very high and unlike Ronaldo he drops deep, same as Bale. Now when Ronaldo does all the scoring (cos he wants to be top scorer at all cost) what do you expect Bale and Benzema to do? In every situation where all three of them have the opportunity to score, it is Ronaldo that has to score, if anybody else scores, Ronaldo is not so happy until he scores (most evident was the last CL final). Why won't he be top scorer in Madrid or did they tell you that was how Raul was selfish? What Ronaldo does is just *stats padding*
Now Ronaldo is not in Madrid and they have continued winning, Bale is playing his best football, Benzema is playing his best football... Benzema has 4 goals in 3 matches, Bale has 3 in 3, and Ramos has scored 2 Penalties already (if Ronaldo was there, he would have scored 7 goals easily then the rest will share 2 and we will not hear word). Ronaldo himself has not scored 1 goal for Juventus yet even tho he still hangs around the penalty box... Does this not tell you that his teammates at Madrid were sacrificing their own personal glory for him to be collecting awards and stats padding?
You now came here to use style to call teammates so you can find an excuse to praise Ronaldo. Yes, Ronaldo is good but stop making it look like he made his teammates better, all his teammates made him better. Ronaldo played for Manchester United at a time when Man U was dominating the league and was very strong in Europe (not the Man U we have now), Man U was one of the best teams and had arguably the best players in England and at that time Messi was just breaking from the youth team into the first team of Barcelona. I won't correct your list of his teammates but please go and check properly and see his real teammates and not Nani and Anderson you have listed here cos Nani only played one season with Ronaldo and was never a regular until Ronaldo left Man U and Anderson never even got to play 20% of any season. You made it look like at United Ronaldo had an inferior team whereas the same Man U knocked Barca out of the CL.
Messi made and is still making his teammates better, apart from the era of Deco and co when Ronaldinho was the main man, the moment Messi broke into the first team, he has been making his teammates better and they all attest to that.... Last weekend Barca had a penalty in the 92nd minute and the last kick of the game and Messi had scored 2 goals already, he could have completed his hattrick but what did he do, he gave the ball to Suarez to score his own second for the night.
Just watch out for Bale and Benzema even Isco this season and see what they will do...
Make I no shout too much make e no be like say person dey take sides... And you even mentioned Paco Alcacer, so na Messi dey worry that one too? SMH

So why doesn't Higuain and Aguero play well for Argentina... ?? if not Messi that killed their country careers ....
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

So why does Ronaldo have more assist than bale, or benzema or Raul or Zidane or guti etc??
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
Jokerman:

When Ronaldo won his first BallonDo'r, wasn't Etoo still in Barca??

So you want to compare Etoo to Ronaldo now... you Messi fans are clowns... Ronaldo use 9 years shatter all Madrid statistics, and you compare Raul to him...

Well, I no blame you Sha... you never still tell us wetin Messi take better pass Ronaldo...

Tell us between both, who has played with better players....

Anyday anytime, give me peak Eto... When Ronaldo won his first Ballon d'or, an era of football (the greatest era) was ending... Or where was Ronaldo when Eto was painting La Liga with goals... The real La Liga with strong men o... Not these Akwoche footballers we have now... Peak Eto anyday anytime..
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
Jokerman:

So why does Ronaldo have more assist than bale, or benzema or Raul or Zidane or guti etc??

Did or does any of Bale, Benzema, Raul, Zidane or Guti hang around the box and wait to tap in, nod in or pass/cross for assist? If any of them did, let me know then I'll answer you.
Im not doubting his scoring abilities, but Messi leads him in total goals and assist...
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 11:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Anyday anytime, give me peak Eto... When Ronaldo won his first Ballon d'or, an era of football (the greatest era) was ending... Or where was Ronaldo when Eto was painting La Liga with goals... The real La Liga with strong men o... Not these Akwoche footballers we have now... Peak Eto anyday anytime..

Even peak Henry cannot compare with peak Ronaldo, not to talk of Etoo... if you mention top 5 top strikers, who go put Etoo there?? grin....
Delima, Henry, Van basten, Shearer, Raul even RVN... Etoo wey be local champion....

You compare Etoo to Ronaldo... lol....
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Did or does any of Bale, Benzema, Raul, Zidane or Guti hang around the box and wait to tap in, nod in or pass/cross for assist? If any of them did, let me know then I'll answer you.
Im not doubting his scoring abilities, but Messi leads him in total goals and assist...

So where does Messi hang around to give his assist?? in the midfield?? coz you'd tell me where Iniesta or Xavi plays.... so bale, Raul, etc play in the midfield for over 14 or 15 years at Madrid??

I know it surprises you that Ronaldo has more assist than all those Madrid legends... however as for Messi I don't doubt, but at bigger stages like UCL, Ronaldo leads messi in assists, where it matters...
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2018
Jokerman:

Even peak Henry cannot compare with peak Ronaldo, not to talk of Etoo... if you mention top 5 top strikers, who go put Etoo there?? grin....
Delima, Henry, Van basten, Shearer, Raul even RVN... Etoo wey be local champion....

You compare Etoo to Ronaldo... lol....

grin grin grin Henry, Van basten, Shearer, Raul even RVN.... Forget it, not these ones... Henry played for Barca... Eto outclassed him no be mouth. But Arsenal Henry i still respect but Eto is a better finisher... Shearer, Ruud boy (who dash monkey banana na)... If not for the form of Ronaldinho, Eto was Barca's leading man... He didnt win the Ballon d'or because he is African... Still the best player to come out of Africa till date..
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
Jokerman:

So where does Messi hang around to give his assist?? in the midfield?? coz you'd tell me where Iniesta or Xavi plays.... so bale, Raul, etc play in the midfield for over 14 or 15 years at Madrid??

I know it surprises you that Ronaldo has more assist than all those Madrid legends... however as for Messi I don't doubt, but at bigger stages like UCL, Ronaldo leads messi in assists, where it matters...

That's why I said assist pass assist. I know Ronaldo has more assists before now but go check the assists out and come and call them assists again... That's why I said stats padding is different from really working extra hard. No disrespect to Ronaldo but without him Madrid wins 3 out of the 4 Champions League they won. You are a Ronaldo fan and you will not understand but no worry, soon una eye go clear...
Watch Barca and see Messi's assists and know the difference between assists. if not for the wasteful Neymar, Suarez and co, Messi will have more assists. He was still leading in assists when Iniesta and Xavi were still playing, Messi made those guys better not the other way round... Not taking anything from Iniesta and Xavi tho..
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

grin grin grin Henry, Van basten, Shearer, Raul even RVN.... Forget it, not these ones... Henry played for Barca... Eto outclassed him no be mouth. But Arsenal Henry i still respect but Eto is a better finisher... Shearer, Ruud boy (who dash monkey banana na)... If not for the form of Ronaldinho, Eto was Barca's leading man... He didnt win the Ballon d'or because he is African... Still the best player to come out of Africa till date..

The golden boots RVN won, Etoo no win am o... Etoo never won the UCL Golden boot once for him striking career o.... in terms of being a striker, Henry is far far ahead Etoo.. some persons will even say drogba made a bigger impact than Etoo (Although Etoo was a better striker) .....

However if you say Ronaldo disturbs bale or benzema from scoring or playing their football, then you must also agree that Messi disturbed Neymar, Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Villa , Paco Alcacer, Higuain etc as well.... coz since you expect Ronaldo to be benched for Bale, then I expect Messi to be benched for either Neymar or Sanchez....

And who did Messi improve, biko??
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 11:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

That's why I said assist pass assist. I know Ronaldo has more assists before now but go check the assists out and come and call them assists again... That's why I said stats padding is different from really working extra hard. No disrespect to Ronaldo but without him Madrid wins 3 out of the 4 Champions League they won. You are a Ronaldo fan and you will not understand but no worry, soon una eye go clear...
Watch Barca and see Messi's assists and know the difference between assists. if not for the wasteful Neymar, Suarez and co, Messi will have more assists. He was still leading in assists when Iniesta and Xavi were still playing, Messi made those guys better not the other way round... Not taking anything from Iniesta and Xavi tho..

If what you are asserting is true, then why didn't Messi make Argentina better, the way Xavi and Iniesta made Spain better??Why does Argentina struggle even with Messi on the pitch since he makes the team better.... Remember without Messi, Spain won both Euros and World cup....

Without Ronaldo, Madrid wins 4?? in the same way without Messi, Barcelona would have won the ones they did win...

Ronaldo doesn't work hard, yet he doubled his tally in goals and assist.... ok o... Messi fan...
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 12:00am On Sep 05, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Etoo a better finisher than Henry?? When you are talking of finishers ever, do you know Etoo no dey top 10?? I can list 10 better finishers ahead of Etoo...
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:03am On Sep 05, 2018
Jokerman:

The golden boots RVN won, Etoo no win am o... Etoo never won the UCL Golden boot once for him striking career o.... in terms of being a striker, Henry is far far ahead Etoo.. some persons will even say drogba made a bigger impact than Etoo (Although Etoo was a better striker) .....

However if you say Ronaldo disturbs bale or benzema from scoring or playing their football, then you must also agree that Messi disturbed Neymar, Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Villa , Paco Alcacer, Higuain etc as well.... coz since you expect Ronaldo to be benched for Bale, then I expect Messi to be benched for either Neymar or Sanchez....

And who did Messi improve, biko??

Messi was on the same pitch with Neymar, Sanchez, Villa even Higuain... They are all starters and Messi didnt stop any of them from playing. Barca's style of play is different from Madrid's... Sanchez's problem from his Barca's days is still the same he has till now.... Neymar didnt shine? excuse me... Ibrahimovic had problems with the coach... Villa didnt shine? But Messi is better them all of them so you dont expect them to outshine him... If not for how wasteful Neymar and Suarez are, you know how many assists Messi for dey count? No dey mention Paco Alcacer... Even Munir play Barca ball pass am..

Ruud boy is just the lazy version of Ronaldo... Just to score and hang around the box... Drogba is good but EPL made him more popular... Eto is a beast and the best player to come out of Africa... Henry and Eto argument is based on personal opinions just like every other argument... I am not a fan of the useless EPL so I don't follow it as much as La Liga... but Peak ETO > Peak Henry....
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:08am On Sep 05, 2018
Jokerman:

If what you are asserting is true, then why didn't Messi make Argentina better, the way Xavi and Iniesta made Spain better??Why does Argentina struggle even with Messi on the pitch since he makes the team better.... Remember without Messi, Spain won both Euros and World cup....

Without Ronaldo, Madrid wins 4?? in the same way without Messi, Barcelona would have won the ones they did win...

Ronaldo doesn't work hard, yet he doubled his tally in goals and assist.... ok o... Messi fan...

Remove Messi from Argentina and watch what happens...
Before the world cup... 2 Matches Messi didnt play... 2-4 against Nigeria... and 1-6 against Spain...
OK... Messi took them to the finals of the world cup... wetin remain
Took them to 2 finals of South American Championship where they lost both times in penalties
Won them the olympics and u 20 world cup
Just remove Messi from Argentina and see what happens with their current crop of players

Without Messi, Barca would win, yes, but i am not sure they would win all what they have won
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:10am On Sep 05, 2018
Jokerman:

Etoo a better finisher than Henry?? When you are talking of finishers ever, do you know Etoo no dey top 10?? I can list 10 better finishers ahead of Etoo...

It will shock you to know that Eto will appear before most of the players you listed and the ones you intend listing... Because Eto is African and Black was why he was not recognized... Peak Eto > Peak Ibrahimovic

Believe me, even Mo'Salah never play half of wetin Eto play and yet he is shortlisted amongst the top 3... Thats to show how wack football is now...Football is on the decline now, these guys just play for the money and make millions... no passion, no zeal, no loyalty, no improvements, no flair, skills on the decline...
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 12:10am On Sep 05, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Messi was on the same pitch with Neymar, Sanchez, Villa even Higuain... They are all starters and Messi didnt stop any of them from playing. Barca's style of play is different from Madrid's... Sanchez's problem from his Barca's days is still the same he has till now.... Neymar didnt shine? excuse me... Ibrahimovic had problems with the coach... Villa didnt shine? But Messi is better them all of them so you dont expect them to outshine him... If not for how wasteful Neymar and Suarez are, you know how many assists Messi for dey count? No dey mention Paco Alcacer... Even Munir play Barca ball pass am..

Ruud boy is just the lazy version of Ronaldo... Just to score and hang around the box... Drogba is good but EPL made him more popular... Eto is a beast and the best player to come out of Africa... Henry and Eto argument is based on personal opinions just like every other argument... I am not a fan of the useless EPL so I don't follow it as much as La Liga... but Peak ETO > Peak Henry....

Lol... Barca fan like you... I understand... like I said, when we are talking greatest strikers ever, Etoo is not in top 5 or top 10 ehhhh... and mind you George weah is the best to come out of Africa, and in terms of football, Etoo no smell Okocha o, buh since Okocha no get record though.... grin... and Ronaldo just hangs around the box, you no watch the early years of Madrid's Ronaldo or man utd Ronaldo?? na wa for una...
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 12:15am On Sep 05, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

It will shock you to know that Eto will appear before most of the players you listed and the ones you intend listing... Because Eto is African and Black was why he was not recognized... Peak Eto > Peak Ibrahimovic

Ronaldo de Lima
Henry
Raul
Gerd Muller
CR7
Lionel Messi
RVN
Puskas
Alan shearer
Pele

All those I listed above are better finishers (goal scorers not overall game play), than etoo...
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 12:20am On Sep 05, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Remove Messi from Argentina and watch what happens...
Before the world cup... 2 Matches Messi didnt play... 2-4 against Nigeria... and 1-6 against Spain...
OK... Messi took them to the finals of the world cup... wetin remain
Took them to 2 finals of South American Championship where they lost both times in penalties
Won them the olympics and u 20 world cup
Just remove Messi from Argentina and see what happens with their current crop of players

Without Messi, Barca would win, yes, but i am not sure they would win all what they have won

Lol... Ronaldo led Portugal to a final ( 3 goals and 3 assists ) and they won the cup.. remember Messi led Argentina to 3 finals and won nothing...

Argentina already won the world cup and COPA with Maradona, not having the same excellent squad Messi has... and remember the biggest player for Argentina is still Maradona, while for Portugal it's Ronaldo, beating the likes of Figo and Eusebio already.....

Before Ronaldo, Madrid couldn't even cross round 2 of champions league, hope you remember that??
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:25am On Sep 05, 2018
Jokerman:

Lol... Barca fan like you... I understand... like I said, when we are talking greatest strikers ever, Etoo is not in top 5 or top 10 ehhhh... and mind you George weah is the best to come out of Africa, and in terms of football, Etoo no smell Okocha o, buh since Okocha no get record though.... grin... and Ronaldo just hangs around the box, you no watch the early years of Madrid's Ronaldo or man utd Ronaldo?? na wa for una...

Yes... History has it that Weah is the best to come out of Africa... But I watched Weah play and I watched Eto play... I will pick Eto (my opinion cos Weah was a beast as well). Eto was more consistent tho and was at the same level with Ronaldinho (sometimes played better) but because he was black. Okocha ke (abeg o, Okocha was all about entertainment). Like I said when I started my argument... I said Ronaldo of the last 3 years... Ronaldo of Man U and early days of Madrid was something else... But he got obsessed with goals cos he wanted to surpass Messi... I love both of them but Ronaldo got obsessed with goals
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 12:29am On Sep 05, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Yes... History has it that Weah is the best to come out of Africa... But I watched Weah play and I watched Eto play... I will pick Eto (my opinion cos Weah was a beast as well). Eto was more consistent tho and was at the same level with Ronaldinho (sometimes played better) but because he was black. Okocha ke (abeg o, Okocha was all about entertainment). Like I said when I started my argument... I said Ronaldo of the last 3 years... Ronaldo of Man U and early days of Madrid was something else... But he got obsessed with goals cos he wanted to surpass Messi... I love both of them but Ronaldo got obsessed with goals

With your last comment... I think we've come to an understanding.... grin... and yeah Etoo was good, buh there was a reason why someone was called Igwe....
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:33am On Sep 05, 2018
Jokerman:

Lol... Ronaldo led Portugal to a final ( 3 goals and 3 assists ) and they won the cup.. remember Messi led Argentina to 3 finals and won nothing...

Argentina already won the world cup and COPA with Maradona, not having the same excellent squad Messi has... and remember the biggest player for Argentina is still Maradona, while for Portugal it's Ronaldo, beating the likes of Figo and Eusebio already.....

Before Ronaldo, Madrid couldn't even cross round 2 of champions league, hope you remember that??

Messi led them to the world cup final... Let Ronaldo do that first...
Messi reached the same final Ronaldo reached (different continents tho) but twice and lost in both finals and was named best player at both tournaments... Take one final and that equals what Ronaldo did (cos he didnt play that final, injury) and he was not even the best player at the tournament.
Ronaldo is Portugal's top scorer as Messi is Argentina's top scorer as well... We know the great players that have played for Argentina o, but Messi is their top scorer.
Maradona's 86 team is not excellent you said? if they are not, then Messi's 2014 team is rubbish..
Madrid could not cross second round of CL before Ramos, Bale, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Navas and the whole team... lol...
Or was Ronaldo not there with Mourinho? why didnt he win the Champions league?
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:34am On Sep 05, 2018
Jokerman:

With your last comment... I think we've come to an understanding.... grin... and yeah Etoo was good, buh there was a reason why someone was called Igwe....

Is Henry better than Ronaldinho?
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by Jokerman(m): 12:39am On Sep 05, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

Is Henry better than Ronaldinho?

Lailai... buh he was definitely better than Etoo....
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:44am On Sep 05, 2018
Ok o... For me Eto = Ronaldinho... So Ronaldinho > Henry... Do my maths...
My opinion tho... Peak Eto was the best striker... Even Ronaldo Delima was still playing for Real Madrid, but he no smell Eto... Eto was a beast... Just watch clips of Peak Henry and clips and Peak Eto... I know most people will disagree but na my opinion..
Re: Ronaldo Or Messi, Who Has Had Better Team Players?? by frbona: 6:30am On Sep 05, 2018
Jokerman:

huh.... lemme Google first... how can Ronaldo have more assist than Zidane, Di Stefano, Beckham, guti...

I don't believe all these lies....
google I dey wait

(1) (Reply)

Georgina Gifts Ronaldo Expensive Jeep, Spoils Birthday Boy To Surprise Party / 80% 2 Odd Daily Prediction Adamkeyj's / Wayne Rooney: Wrestler Or Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.