Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Urgent Advice Ui Masters Delay In Releasing Results - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Urgent Advice Ui Masters Delay In Releasing Results (389 Views)

See The Names Of Universities That Delay Releasing Results. / Atlanta Teacher Blasted For Releasing A Twerk Video On Social Media / JAMB Explains Reason For Delay In Releasing Some Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Ui Masters Delay In Releasing Results by Dazzle86(f): 6:36am On Sep 05, 2018
My husband is a Masters student in UI, they have written their 1st and 2nd semester exams just remaining project defense.

He has seen his results except for one 1st semester course that has not been released.

Right now, The department is about to conduct exams for the new intake. In fact just four days left for them to write exam on this very course for the new intake without releasing the previous set's result.

He has met with the hod, the msc coordinator to no avail.

The course lecturer is larger than the department, no body dares to meet her on such issues. She is the oldest and the only professor in the department they all dread her.

In this situation, peradventure he fails the course what action should he take.

For us we don't have an extra money to pay new school fees and wasting an extra year on issue that isn't his fault.

Pls advise
Re: Urgent Advice Ui Masters Delay In Releasing Results by Illuminatus(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2018
Your husband should contact his classmates so that they will discuss the matter and handle it as a group. They will command more attention if they act as a group than as individuals.

The obvious option is for them to approach the said lecturer, the Head of Department and Dean of Faculty.

If these meetings prove abortive, then they should write to the school administration.

That said, I do not think that the situation is bad yet. It is not out of the ordinary for schools to conduct examination for prospective students whilst the results of the immediately past set has not been released. It all depends on the reason for the delay and the department's precedents.
Re: Urgent Advice Ui Masters Delay In Releasing Results by Dazzle86(f): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2018
Illuminatus:
Your husband should contact his classmates so that they will discuss the matter and handle it as a group. They will command more attention if they act as a group than as individuals.

The obvious option is for them to approach the said lecturer, the Head of Department and Dean of Faculty.

If these meetings prove abortive, then they should write dmpmajjwtm the school administration.

That said, I do not think that the situation is bad yet. It is not out of the ordinary for schools to conduct examination for prospective students whilst the results of the immediately past set has not been released. It all depends on the reason for the delay and the department's precedents.

Thanks. But what if there's a carryover in the said course . Are students supposed to wait 2years to rewrite the exam? The exam being conducted is not for prospective students. It's a semester course.

(1) (Reply)

FUTO 2018/2019 Admission List Is Out. / Jamb Caps Accept Or Reject Before Oct 16 / Can I Do My Msc In Network And Cyber Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.