Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,922 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now (15015 Views)

Where Are The Class Of 1999 Governors Now? 10 Dead, Many Convicted / Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen / Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by hisexcellency34: 7:44am On Sep 05, 2018
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has advised the leadership of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to yield to the demands of state governors of the party to conduct indirect primaries in their states ahead of the 2019 polls.

The governors, who are in favour of voting by delegates, are reportedly spoiling for war with the national leadership of the party through their various state chairmen.

The governors want states to exercise their right to conduct indirect primaries in picking the party’s candidates for the 2019 general elections against the position of the party leadership as stated by the party’s Acting Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena.

The party’s leadership has directed that all candidates be picked through direct primaries.

This contradicted an earlier report that states would determine their own mode of primaries.

There is a deep division in the party between those who favour direct primaries preferred by President Muhammadu Buhari, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the party’s National Chairman, and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the party and head of its reconciliation committee, and most of the governors who prefer indirect primaries.

The governors are led by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, who is the head of the APC Governors’ Forum.

Speaking on the development in a chat with Daily Independent on Tuesday, Sagay – who is currently in the United States – said the party could not afford to go to war with the state governors who are critical stakeholders in the party, with just few weeks to the general elections.

Sagay said the APC leadership could not afford to lose the election to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and advised the APC National Working Committee (NWC) to listen to the governors’ demands by accepting indirect primaries in the selection of candidates.

“I will urge the party to think of the consequences. In this case, I will advise the party to acquiesce to their demands for indirect primaries rather than direct primaries.

We need to be pragmatic on this issue and, also, they have to think of the future. If they do anything now and go against the government or the party, it will not bode well at all. So, we have to be pragmatic about these things.

“If there is such a threat and they are likely to carry it out, I will advise the party to accept indirect primaries rather than direct primaries.

“The election is around the corner. If they don’t listen to the governors’ demands, the consequences are that the party may lose power.

“If we stick to principles and you lose power, you are out of power and all the indiscipline and mis-governance we experienced under the PDP will come and haunt us. So, I believe the party should concede to them,” Sagay said.

https://independent.ng/sagay-wants-oshiomhole-to-concede-to-govs-on-indirect-primaries/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:48am On Sep 05, 2018
This Oshi is not that strong as he wants people to believe; he's only playing to the gallery of a lifeless Tom.
Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by tc1od: 7:52am On Sep 05, 2018
Please fellow Nigerians help them they need our help. Read this: https://www.nairaland.com/4714959/moved-tears-when-saw#70913284

1 Like

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by murphyibiam15(m): 7:57am On Sep 05, 2018
a party divided against itself

12 Likes

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by aolawale025: 7:57am On Sep 05, 2018
“The election is around the corner. If they don’t listen to the governors’ demands, the consequences are that the party may lose power.....Sagay

That's what Nigerians are praying for. Go on Osho fight them. Enforce party supremacy

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Caseless: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2018
Sagay is right and oshomole is right as well. I wish the direct primaries can be wholly adopted. I also do not wish to see rancorous engagement in the party on our way to the election.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by ZorGBUooeh: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2018
Yes oo.. yu guys can afford it.
Osho the chimpanzee is working pipu are complaining.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Racoon(m): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2018
“The election is around the corner. If they don’t listen to the governors’ demands, the consequences are that the party may lose power.

“If we stick to principles and you lose power, you are out of power and all the indiscipline and mis-governance we experienced under the PDP will come and haunt us. So, I believe the party should concede to them,” Sagay said.
So sad Sagay have lost respect & relevance because of being in the corridors of power. undecided So Sagay will advise Buhari like this Any wonder the anti-corruption war have been a charade?

So direct primary that should have being more democratic & the best should be sacrified because of political survival? Our democracy will never be better for it.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Nbote(m): 8:13am On Sep 05, 2018
Make dem dey fight themselves jare...

4 Likes

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:14am On Sep 05, 2018

So Sagay's problem(s) is not even for APC to accomplish their campaign promises or better the lives of Nigerians but, for APC not to lose power?

I sorry for Nigeria

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by KenOne: 9:14am On Sep 05, 2018
If Oshiomhole would listen to Prof. Itse Sagay wise council and advise.

You don't go to war with governors in your party, those that have tried it paid for it.

GEJ went to war with some governors in his party PDP he paid for it.

Former PDP chairmen Ezekwesili Nwodo and Bamanga Tukur went to war with governors in PDP and they paid for it dearly.

Oshiomhole to be removed after 2019 election, he thinks he can undetermine the effort of the governors in their various state.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by magoo10(m): 9:24am On Sep 05, 2018
Loud mouthed sagay is the Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), if he can be dabbling into APC internal politics I wonder the type of advice he will be giving to the lifeless one.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by magoo10(m): 9:26am On Sep 05, 2018

Sagay said the APC leadership could not afford to lose the election to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and advised the APC National Working Committee (NWC) to listen to the governors’ demands by accepting indirect primaries in the selection of candidates.

Which other corruption could there be than using tax payers monies to pay a supposed San to advice the president on financial crimes and he ends up being an adviser to to a political party in power. Buhari is a hypocrite
Sagay has lost every integrity.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Racoon(m): 9:28am On Sep 05, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

So Sagay's problem(s) is not even for APC to accomplish their campaign promises or better the lives of Nigerians but, for APC not to lose power.I sorry for Nigeria
I am telling you dear.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by driand(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2018
APC,

The way I'll watch them selfdistruct

3 Likes

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by excomarow(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2018
Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by lathrowinger: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2018
shocked
Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Robboggs: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2018
Oshiomole the mole

4 Likes

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 05, 2018
That's correct politically
Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:37am On Sep 05, 2018
Oshiomole fight ALL the fightables jàrè

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Exponental(m): 9:37am On Sep 05, 2018
I know and believe that Oshiomole is a disaster in APC leadership.
He doesn't understand today's politics. he must have read a political book published in 1865.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by MooreJozo(m): 9:37am On Sep 05, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by fergie001: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2018
As Chairman of PACAC?
Is he permanently resident in the USA?
Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2018

“If we stick to principles and you lose power, you are out of power
and all the indiscipline and mis-governance we experienced under the PDP will come and haunt us. So, I believe the party should concede to them,” Sagay said.

This is the only thing they are after, but Nigerians are wiser.

1 Like

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by Emyres: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2018
Division Party.
Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2018
fight them na
Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by gen2briz(m): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2018
Kín tèmi.. What's my own

1 Like

Re: Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now by BruncleZuma: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2018
angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aminu Tambuwal Visits Sultan Of Sokoto For Royal Blessing / Train Attack: 41 Women, 22 Men, 5 Kids Held By Terrorists / Oluremi, Tinubu’s Wife Urges Women To Campaign In Markets, Workplaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.