Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,807 members, 7,813,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Sagay Reveals Why APC May Lose 2019 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay Reveals Why APC May Lose 2019 Presidency (548 Views)

States APC May Lose In 2019 - Daily Trust / Ekiti Election: Why APC Is Winning In My Polling Unit – PDP Agent / Ten Reasons Why APC May Win Ekiti Governorship Election By Suanusblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sagay Reveals Why APC May Lose 2019 Presidency by Daniyke88(m): 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption Itse Sagay has urged the All Progressives Congress to adopt indirect primaries ahead of the 2019 polls.
State governors under the party are rooting for indirect primaries in their states with the national leadership of the party gunning for direct primaries.

However, Sagay has said if the party does not yield to the demands of the governors, it may have issues that would make it lose to the Peoples Democratic Party in 2019.

“I will urge the party to think of the consequences. In this case, I will advise the party to acquiesce to their demands for indirect primaries rather than direct primaries,” he told Daily Independent.

“We need to be pragmatic on this issue and, also, they have to think of the future. If they do anything now and go against the government or the party, it will not bode well at all. So, we have to be pragmatic about these things.

“If there is such a threat and they are likely to carry it out, I will advise the party to accept indirect primaries rather than direct primaries.

“The election is around the corner. If they don’t listen to the governors’ demands, the consequences are that the party may lose power.

“If we stick to principles and you lose power, you are out of power and all the indiscipline and mis-governance we experienced under the PDP will come and haunt us. So, I believe the party should concede to them.”

https://newsdey.com/sagay-reveals-why-apc-may-lose-2019-presidency/

Re: Sagay Reveals Why APC May Lose 2019 Presidency by iammo(m): 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
this man really enjoys his political appointment. he is now advising APC to succumb to Governors demand perhaps on indirect primaries. he would rather we have non performing governors so his master can retain power

1 Like

Re: Sagay Reveals Why APC May Lose 2019 Presidency by Alejoc(m): 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
Direct primary is handling power over to the people and governor don't like it one bit......

They prefer to control their fate with the stolen wealth

Arise o compatriots

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Proposed Sit At Home On The 14th Of This Month An Advantage To Apc N Buhari / Finally, Vivian Okadigbo Steps Down For Enefe / Why PDP Should Reject A Bye Election In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.