Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! (103858 Views)

Longest Recorded Earthquake In The History Of The World Lasted For 32 Yrs (Pics) / Earth Tremor: Hydrologists Speak On Possibility Of Earthquake In Nigeria / Major Earthquake Likely In Abuja, Kaduna, Ogun, Oyo, Bayelsa – NASRDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by mvem(m): 7:35am On Sep 06, 2018
ThinkSmarter:
what some people failed to understand is that the rocks we have now were all formed as a result of molten magma that erupted few centuries ago, and they are bound to happen in the future.
asorock=igneous rock[product of volcanic eruptions].
the underground rocks is in molten state and choose to explode when it feels like.
...Nooo... Not all rocks are product of volcanic eruption, it's only igneous rocks... Those rocks were formed by either movement of plates in the crust or by sediments... And volcanic eruptions and earthquakes are two different things... Earthquakes are caused by fault lines at the tectonic plates which our region luckily don't have... Volcanic eruption happens at active or passive volcanic areas... The only volcanic mountains we have are in the eastern part of the country around Taraba,adamawa close to Cameron... Cameroun has an active volcanic mountain

5 Likes

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 06, 2018
nurshah:

;Di am very sure you didn't anticipate the number if likes you received ...and by the number clearly youths want the old wines gone for good.

How can we still be run by our grandfather's and great grand father's for goodness sake ,are they not supposed to he preparing for their graves (

Any posting that carries high number of likes is only an indication of high level of frustration & bitterness by Igbos people. It shows the high number of their people keeping vigil on nairaland for negative information on PMB.

1 Like

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Printerscanner: 7:36am On Sep 06, 2018
Qsscruz:
Behind Aso rock and you aint throwing a party? I hope there is a NEC meeting going on in there. That way we have solved our problem at a time. Maybe nature actually wants to help implement the not too young to run bill. We are fed up with old wines in new bottles all the time.

This will happen after the whole of Biafra land and its criminal citizens have been washed into the Atlantic by massive Erosion.

1 Like

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by evictor305: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2018
I live in Abuja, no such thing happened please
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Awoo88: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2018
mvem:
...no fault lines or tectonic plate fault lines passes through our Region...only Land slide can happen... Earthquakes can't happen here... You feel tremors doesn't mean it's an earthquake, some hear explosives and think it's an earthquake when we know earthquake doesn't come with an explosion....you see a lot of ignorant post, actually it's not there fault....everyone just loves his/her life
Some part of Karina experienced a mild earthquake some times ago. Did you read about it? Don't say it can't happen. A simple process like the one that happened in some part of kaduna can create enough fault that can result into something serious
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by mvem(m): 7:41am On Sep 06, 2018
Our Region has no fault lines at the tectonic plate... We can't experience an earthquake... Earth quakes are monitored all round the world and measured by the Richer Scale... No agency has indicated any earthquake in the region... All what we are seeing is just the usual Ignorant talks... Earth tremors can be as a result of anything, it must not be earthquake... Let's try and understand certain things than ignorantly talk

1 Like

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by mvem(m): 7:44am On Sep 06, 2018
Awoo88:

Some part of Karina experienced a mild earthquake some times ago. Did you read about it? Don't say it can't happen. A simple process like the one that happened in some part of kaduna can create enough fault that can result into something serious
..please forward an article on it.... Was it actually an earthquake?.. I haven't heard of such... The only documented earthquake in this region happened in Ghana many years ago
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by edupedia: 7:44am On Sep 06, 2018
Qsscruz:
Behind Aso rock and you aint throwing a party? I hope there is a NEC meeting going on in there. That way we have solved our problem at a time. Maybe nature actually wants to help implement the not too young to run bill. We are fed up with old wines in new bottles all the time.

Hopefully your village in IPOBLAND will provide the next solution with every building including even dogs razed/burnt to the ground...u did it in 1966 so come and try it again this time and u will know say Boko Haram na Boys Brigade...

Sebi all of una Igbos dey boast say una wan send Buhari to Daura...now see how u same Igbos have revealed u just get big mouth for nothing.Shame...

1 Like

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by redarrr(m): 7:51am On Sep 06, 2018
oh kkk,i nw understand...i think those Nigeria leaders,their parties have started fighting abi...
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by menshowng(m): 7:55am On Sep 06, 2018
Jus called a colleuge of mine he confirmed...pple around there should stay safe ooo
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by suyamasta(m): 7:57am On Sep 06, 2018
mvem:
Our Region has no fault lines at the tectonic plate... We can't experience an earthquake... Earth quakes are monitored all round the world and measured by the Richer Scale... No agency has indicated any earthquake in the region... All what we are seeing is just the usual Ignorant talks... Earth tremors can be as a result of anything, it must not be earthquake... Let's try and understand certain things than ignorantly talk
There is a fault line o google it tho not major but we've had minor trembles and research has shown there exist some minor fault line which requires further probing to properly ascertain
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 06, 2018
GLOBALINF:
My concern is not the earthquake �
The 2 biggest issues I hv now is
1) which agency do we contact for update?
2) where are the choppers to evacuate us should Incase it’s for real

‘should incase’

Are you for real?
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Awoo88: 7:57am On Sep 06, 2018
mvem:
..please forward an article on it.... Was it actually an earthquake?.. I haven't heard of such... The only documented earthquake in this region happened in Ghana many years ago
Daily posts ran a story about it so did nta.you can google it. It was in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by edupedia: 8:02am On Sep 06, 2018
babaolofin:

Any posting that carries high number of likes is only an indication of high level of frustration & bitterness by Igbos people. It shows the high number of their people keeping vigil on nairaland for negative information on PMB.

...very correct but please include PDP laptop boys too.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by solid3(m): 8:07am On Sep 06, 2018
I felt the tremor at around 9:30pm.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by ojialo(m): 8:07am On Sep 06, 2018
meromero11:
There is nothing like earthquake. The quarries blast rocks at several rounds a day. The blast impact is enough to be misinterpreted as a tremor.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by amsktn: 8:15am On Sep 06, 2018
show pics.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by kenchizzy(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2018
Nigerians and propaganda..
do you know what is earthquake? some people just post anything that come into their mind.. do you think an earthquake will occur with lost of life and hundred of properties destroy... do you think if is earthquake you will hear it b4 the government or better said international communities.. and one mumu is trying to tell that his office want to sink and he was able to come outside ... do you think earthquake walk or travel like a sheep or dock? please reason for once or if you don't know what is earthquake check nepal earthquake and see the difference between earthquake and ordinary tremor... please that isn't and will never be even consider and minor case of any earthquake
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 06, 2018
.....finally, the land is about to be #HEALED #REDEEMED #LIBERATED....a word is enough!
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by DateMynd44(m): 8:22am On Sep 06, 2018
Printerscanner:

This will happen after the whole of Biafra land and its criminal citizens have been washed into the Atlantic by massive Erosion.
biafra doesn't border the Atlantic unless you want to include the south south states
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Tobiart: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2018
MAY BE THERE IS AN UNDERGROUND TUNNEL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THAT COULD BE THE CASE COULD BE TOP SECRET
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Danma(m): 8:25am On Sep 06, 2018
It even came late,,, that was not an earthquake. It is thunder,,, thunder is about to fire all that thief politicians in Abuja
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by budusky05(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2018
Ikpongiton:
bu-dusty,get a bathing soap and wash yourself and see a doctor for brain re-set

Atabala head
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by missionmex(m): 8:32am On Sep 06, 2018
kenchizzy:
Nigerians and propaganda..
do you know what is earthquake? some people just post anything that come into their mind.. do you think an earthquake will occur with lost of life and hundred of properties destroy... do you think if is earthquake you will hear it b4 the government or better said international communities.. and one mumu is trying to tell that his office want to sink and he was able to come outside ... do you think earthquake walk or travel like a sheep or dock? please reason for once or if you don't know what is earthquake check nepal earthquake and see the difference between earthquake and ordinary tremor... please that isn't and will never be even consider and minor case of any earthquake
the scale differs.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Revolva(m): 8:32am On Sep 06, 2018
make e Hit Aso rock alone....pls
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by MicroSweet(m): 8:42am On Sep 06, 2018
Earthquake ni Quaker Oath ko.

I would rather you call it earth tremor not earthquake.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by saymax(f): 8:51am On Sep 06, 2018
I also felt the vibration in my apartment.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Ikpongiton: 9:03am On Sep 06, 2018
budusky05:

Atabala head
i can see that your eyes,nose and mouth are place on your breast,meaning that,you have no head at all
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Greenback: 9:27am On Sep 06, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Sey e don swallow Buhari

1 Like

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by YesBoss1(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2018
Ogbeni, do you know what "massive " earthquake really means? Why the drama Abeg!
olaola45:
We are receiving reports of possible earthquakes around Mpape area in Abuja.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156679443108686&id=698268685
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2018
babaolofin:

Not necessarily.sir,its not possible for eceryne to be on the same reasoning as others ....a lot actually simply just don't feel Buhari is doing a good job.its obvious that econimc hardship has worsened .this isn't a lie I personally have nothing against Buhari bit I feel its not possible for APC to sell to the north that Buhari is the messiah and only capable hands ..not possible
I think Buhari should step aside based on age ,health and capability
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Dwhyte(m): 10:02am On Sep 06, 2018
Terrible nation
Sins everywhere

Where are the Geological Survey Agencies they claim to have as an establishment
Where are the Seismologist Geological Survey agency claim to have recruited

Everything been messed up everyday!.
What a nation!!!
I sober for its ORIGIN

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Snake Refuses To Come Out After Man Swallowed It During Magic Stunt. Photos / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) / Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.