Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,163 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? (3194 Views)

My Wifes Male Course Mate / My Younger Brother Is A Bone In Our Throat. Pls Help! / Does Man Need Permission Frm His Wife B4 Bringing His Siblings To Live Wit Dem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 4:18am On Sep 06, 2018
Very voluminous though

Front page material.

Though, my advice to my friend in this case is that he should send his brother-in-law out for his wife to have peace of mind. What happen is that there is this friend of my with his wife. His brother-in-law just move down to Lagos after his NYSC, fortunate or unfortunately he has no place to stay comfortably than to stay with his immediate elder sister luckily for his he got job around that area . But the issue is that this boy is disrespectful, arrogant to her sister, he is a big rival and headache to his sister (my friends wife)when they were living together. He call his sister by name and talk to her anyhow in the present of their mum . According to his sister, their mother actually caused it when they were young, their mummy always pampering this boy because he is the only boy of 4children so she gave the boy unecessary preferential treatment over other kids. Now the boy has no choice than to stay with his sister in her marital home, evn despite that his sister has 3kids now he still call her by name which nobody does in their compound. Whenever he want to talk to his sister in the present of her husband, he speak English or pidgin to his sister. So he is pretending. The funny part of this is that if they both meet outside or along the street, the boy will pretend as if they are not sibling or present as if he didn't see her sister. My friends wife never wanted this boy to come and stay with her base on longtime rivalry between them but their mummy persuaded her to allow her brother to stay with her, she belive that the boy would have changed, now the boy is giving her tough time. The boy always trying to avoid to be in thesame gathering with his sister because he won't not want to talk to his sister. Anytime his sister husband is around this boy will lock himself inside his own room living everybody in the sitting room imaging isolated life because of ego and lack of home training . He is full of Ego or regreting to have female as elder one. Many of this boy friends have scolded him to correct this immorality but he is finding it hard to do. Now I adviced my friends to send this Ego-ladden brother-in-law away because the boy does not help his sister out in any house work especially when the husband is not around. But inlaw-case is very sensitive. Pls anyone with good advice or who has ever experienced this bfor.

The boy use to attend deeper life church before when he use to stay with his friend in their family house because he has no choice. But when he moved in to his sister place he stop attending church.
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Eketem: 4:31am On Sep 06, 2018
Nobody should make you uncomfortable in your own home if he cannot live and respect people then let him go and have his own house and do ego

12 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by alterswerve(m): 4:56am On Sep 06, 2018
Doesn't she have cane in that house? angry

5 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 06, 2018
kennydotkom:

Very voluminous though

Though, my advice to my friend in this case is that he should send his brother-in-law out for his wife to have peace of mind. What happen is that there is this friend of my with his wife. His brother-in-law just move down to Lagos after his NYSC, fortunate or unfortunately he has no place to stay comfortably than to stay with his immediate elder sister luckily for his he got job around that area . But the issue is that this boy is disrespectful, arrogant to her sister, he is a big rival and headache to his sister (my friends wife)when they were living together. He call his sister by name and talk to her anyhow in the present of their mum . According to his sister, their mother actually caused it when they were young, their mummy always pampering this boy because he is the only boy of 4children so she gave the boy unecessary preferential treatment over other kids. Now the boy has no choice than to stay with his sister in her marital home, evn despite that his sister has 3kids now he still call her by name which nobody does in their compound. Whenever he want to talk to his sister in the present of her husband, he speak English or pidgin to his sister. So he is pretending. The funny part of this is that if they both meet outside or along the street, the boy will pretend as if they are not sibling or present as if he didn't see her sister. My friends wife never wanted this boy to come and stay with her base on longtime rivalry between them but their mummy persuaded her to allow her brother to stay with her, she belive that the boy would have changed, now the boy is giving her tough time. The boy always trying to avoid to be in thesame gathering with his sister because he won't not want to talk to his sister. Anytime his sister husband is around this boy will lock himself inside his own room living everybody in the sitting room imaging isolated life because of ego and lack of home training . He is full of Ego or regreting to have female as elder one. Many of this boy friends have scolded him to correct this immorality but he is finding it hard to do. Now I adviced my friends to send this Ego-ladden brother-in-law away because the boy does not help his sister out in any house work especially when the husband is not around. But inlaw-case is very sensitive. Pls anyone with good advice or who has ever experienced this bfor.
Your friend should stay clear from the matter and thread with caution because blood is blood what I we say is that the boy should be giving a time to leave the house because it not permanent, the boy should be reminded that is not is father house so he should join in the house choice too your friend must step up and tell him all this thing, but he should do it in a proper way .

6 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Kewtt: 5:33am On Sep 06, 2018
Jesse25:

Your friend should stay clear from the matter and thread with caution because blood is blood what I we say is that the boy should be giving a time to leave the house because it not permanent, the boy should be reminded that is not is father house so he should join in the house choice too your friend must step up and tell him all this thing, but he should do it in a proper way .
They should carry the blood is blood out in their father's house!!

6 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by ITbomb(m): 5:46am On Sep 06, 2018
Stop feeding that overpampered oversize baby

I can't even live with any male in law in my house even if he is respectful.
I can endure the female if and only if she is useful in the house

2 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 6:12am On Sep 06, 2018
alterswerve:
Doesn't she have cane in that house? angry
☺ ☺. U mean the sister should cane the boy that is taller than her.? The fault is from their mummy. Over pampering. So the boy now find it hard to respect his yet sister.
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 6:24am On Sep 06, 2018
Eketem:
Nobody should make you uncomfortable in your own home if he cannot live and respect people then let him go and have his own house and do ego

Abi now. How can he call his sister by her name in the present of her husband and that wont cause trouble evn if he has been doing that before now? when ever woman get married either your elder sister or younger one, she deserve respect from that day she got married, but this boy stil want to live in the past.
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Prognose: 7:37am On Sep 06, 2018
Can you live live live with your wife's younger brother that doesn't respect your wife? Live, not leave with your wife, live with your wife.

1 Like

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by bladeAnders(m): 7:39am On Sep 06, 2018
Prognose:
Can you live live live with your wife's younger brother that doesn't respect your wife? Live, not leave with your wife, live with your wife.
not all.. disrespecting my wife, means disrespecting me....

1 Like

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Nbote(m): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2018
Oga if He cannot respect his host den why is he still in d house?? U did not marry d broda and d house is her sistas house. Let ur friend sit d boy down and talk to him. If he can't respect his wife who happens to b d boys sista den he can as well go look for anoda accomodation

2 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Exponental(m): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2018
Op..... you've abused English. If the sister agreed to be manipulated while growing up,, should she be so stupid to be manipulated in her marriage She decides!!!

5 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Exponental(m): 8:19am On Sep 06, 2018
Op..... you've abused English ooo.
If the sister agreed to be manipulated while growing up,, should she be so stupid to be manipulated in her marriage She decides!!!

1 Like

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 9:13am On Sep 06, 2018
Exponental:
Op..... you've abused English ooo.
If the sister agreed to be manipulated while growing up,, should she be so stupid to be manipulated in her marriage She decides!!!

I really abuse English � �. Meanwhile that is the exact. Advice I gave my friend. If he call his sister by name, then he is calling my friend by his name be that.
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2018
Nbote:
Oga if He cannot respect his host den why is he still in d house?? U did not marry d broda and d house is her sistas house. Let ur friend sit d boy down and talk to him. If he can't respect his wife who happens to b d boys sista den he can as well go look for anoda accomodation

My friends is just trying to manage the situation maturely because of tomorrow. Who knows tomorrow? But to keep abusing, disrespecting his sister in her husband house is a no no no. Yet this boy has 2 younger sisters who dare not call him by name.
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 9:18am On Sep 06, 2018
bladeAnders:
not all.. disrespecting my wife, means disrespecting me....

Yes now. I appreciate you all for this mature advice. If my friend send this boy out on the ground of rudeness I don't think people will see that as wickedness.
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2018
Prognose:

Thanks I was supposed to have corrected it.
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 06, 2018
Wait the boy is giving her tough time in her own house Hehehhehehehe... And she never pack him rags throway for express. Mtcheww this is the real indulgence. KatiKati!

5 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by anayolity: 9:34am On Sep 06, 2018
Jesse25:

To hell with his stupid blood.... the best i will do is raise part of his house rent and send the moda4ka away.... see ehn i dont take bullshit... i dont bring sentiments into stuffs like this... even if he is my own brother i will send him out in few days angry angry

1 Like

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:48am On Sep 06, 2018
Kewtt:

They should carry the blood is blood out in their father's house!!

Lol it seems you and your friend are the same person. Tell your wife to drive her brother if she's not comfortable with him. You should also caution her brother when he disrespects your wife.

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2018
[quote author=yettymuse post=70947934]Wait the boy is giving her tough time in her own house Hehehhehehehe... And she never pack him rags throway for express. Mtcheww this is the real indulgence. KatiKati! Quote

Infact radarada ni ooo. It's like is a crime for lady to have boy as immediate younger brother. The boy will not want to respect her sister especially if he has big stature than his sister. Sending the boy out is not the issue but my friend is being careful because it's inlaw case here and who knows tomorrow. I accept ur advice

1 Like

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by keepingmum: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2018
Infact, i like the responses so far - i hope when the table is reversed and a wife complains that her inlaws that live with her are disrespectful to her, you will all encourage and insist the husband throws his sibling out of the house : afterall, you cannot and should not make someone uncomfortable in their home

7 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by royalguy123(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2018
I am married for 21yrs,but experience is what matters,the HUSBAND should call the Inlaw in a meeting one on one,tell him as a brother and friend that's though this woman is his sister,but she is my wife and its my home.
you won't tolerant any of his ego any more and if he decides to show them again he will force me as an Inlaw to do the needful. Trust me it works,speaking from experience.!!

3 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2018
royalguy123:
I am married for 21yrs,but experience is what matters,the HUSBAND should call the Inlaw in a meeting one on one,tell him as a brother and friend that's though this woman is his sister,but she is my wife and its my home.
you won't tolerant any of his ego any more and if he decides to show them again he will force me as an Inlaw to do the needful. Trust me it works,speaking from experience.!!

Also brilliant advice indeed, what happen is that my friend in question works in abeokuta, so he only come home on Friday. So Imaging what kind of rift, rivalry his wife Wil be facing with his brother during the week before the husband comes back which will make the boy adjust
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 11:37am On Sep 06, 2018
keepingmum:
Infact, i like the responses so far - i hope when the table is reversed and a wife complains that her inlaws that live with her are disrespectful to her, you will all encourage and insist the husband throws his sibling out of the house : afterall, you cannot and should not make someone uncomfortable in their home

With the way it is my friend never wish or
allow anybody to come and stay with them, but his wife play smart by bringing the boy home before telling her husband. So my friend can't turn this down anymore, now it has boomerang. As for me I prefer to have my siblings who I can deal with anyhow than to accept in -
laws that I can't scold to come and stay with us
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Eketem: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
kennydotkom:

Abi now. How can he call his sister by her name in the present of her husband and that wont cause trouble evn if he has been doing that before now? when ever woman get married either your elder sister or younger one, she deserve respect from that day she got married, but this boy stil want to live in the past.

My sibblings call me by name doesn't matter to me but staying in my house and doing nothing is not acceptable

2 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2018
Eketem:

My sibblings call me by name doesn't matter to me but staying in my house and doing nothing is not acceptable

Calling you name before your husband when he knows ur kids name is bad. Also calling you ur name or disrespecting u bfor his friend will empower his friend to do same to you and society frown at it. Secondly the boy never do anything in the house when his sister is busy with her 3kids, cook food, sweep, mop tiles the boy will remain inside his room until it's time to go to kitchen to carry his food or go to watch ball on saturday afternoon. His sister is feeling the need to have her female sibling staying wit her than this boy.
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Eketem: 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2018
kennydotkom:

Calling you name before your husband when he knows ur kids name is bad. Also calling you ur name or disrespecting u bfor his friend will empower his friend to do same to you and society frown at it. Secondly the boy never do anything in the house when his sister is busy with her 3kids, cook food, sweep, mop tiles the boy will remain inside his room until it's time to go to kitchen to carry his food or go to watch ball on saturday afternoon. His sister is feeling the need to have her female sibling staying wit her than this boy.

The name thing is cultural, some cultures don't really care about that, the main issue is not doing anything around the house and expecting to be served, that isn't decent behavior

3 Likes

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by royalguy123(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
kennydotkom:

Also brilliant advice indeed, what happen is that my friend in question works in abeokuta, so he only come home on Friday. So Imaging what kind of rift, rivalry his wife Wil be facing with his brother during the week before the husband comes back which will make the boy adjust
IS your friend the owner of the house!?
if yes then let him (your friend)sits his Inlaw down discuss one on one with him,tell him the does and the don't.
He must abide by those rules or else he should look for another place to stay.
Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2018
anayolity:

To hell with his stupid blood.... the best i will do is raise part of his house rent and send the moda4ka away.... see ehn i dont take bullshit... i dont bring sentiments into stuffs like this... even if he is my own brother i will send him out in few days angry angry
See dey is a parable that say
"Nor b how body take dey pain person. They take dey press am" that why I said the man should thread with caution because if the man use force for the boy he can distroy is relationship with the in-laws e.g the girl mother according to the story d mother love that is son very much

1 Like

Re: Can U live Wit Your Wifes Younger Brother Dat Doesn't Respect Ur Wife? by kennydotkom(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
Eketem:

The name thing is cultural, some cultures don't really care about that, the main issue is not doing anything around the house and expecting to be served, that isn't decent behavior

Yes some culture doesn't care about that but we are talking about yoruba rich culture here where they don't joke with respect for elders evn Bible teach to honor our father and mother and whoever that are older than us so no justification for this boy to see his sister as someone to cover with respect basically though their mum that cause this is regretting now . If the sister kids grow up to start seeing all this Unculture attitude, do you expect those kids to respect their mothers brother? Meanwhile this boy has 2 grown up younger sisters, they dare not disrespect him, call him by name or turn down his order

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sabicleaners Home|Office Cleaning Service in Abuja / Dad Picks Her Daughter From From School, But Her Daughter's Reaction Is Adorable / Inspirational Stories For Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.