Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans (2859 Views)

Nigerians Are Angry As Apple Set To Release Iphone 12 / Why Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Buy Smartphones On Contract. / Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by engkorede(m): 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
Darkseid:
The reason why most Nigerians hate the iPhone is because they can't afford it and the inability to side load pirated media and apps. If I have the cash, I won't think twice before switching to the iPhone. Back in the days, I preferred using my jailbroken iPhone 4s to my galaxy S4.

Do people still have time to jail break?
Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by engkorede(m): 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
sodiqapril:
the only reason I'm not a fan of iPhone is because of my pocket...

Hahaha, truth serum. cool
Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by frugal(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
michlins:
Aside financial commitment, I don't know any other reason Nigerians don't like iPhone. Cost is a deciding factor in device purchase
Far from it. Some just don't like it. Tried the 6+, but ended up not using it. I use a Samsung note 8, and i can't imagine leaving the beauty and freedom of that for an iPhone.
But iPhones just work outta the box, simple enough to get the job done without stress.

1 Like

Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by michlins(m): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2018
frugal:

Far from it. Some just don't like it. Tried the 6+, but ended up not using it. I use a Samsung note 8, and i can't imagine leaving the beauty and freedom of that for an iPhone.
But iPhones just work outta the box, simple enough to get the job done without stress.
aside you boss how many Nigerians can afford those. A Nigeria people see iPhone as luxury good. Ordinary to buy a phone of 100k and see people asking how many plots of land you already get. Please price is the first thing that scares people from using iPhone
Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by ollah2: 12:45am On Sep 08, 2018
michlins:
aside you boss how many Nigerians can afford those. A Nigeria people see iPhone as luxury good. Ordinary to buy a phone of 100k and see people asking how many plots of land you already get. Please price is the first thing that scares people from using iPhone

Hell to the no. How many Nigerians buy iPhones brand new to begin with? There are so many Android users that buy high end Android phones brand new..I'm presently using an S8 and it's was bought brand new, likewise my S6 edge prior. Surely, i'm not the only one In thks circle. So it's choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by Gudiza(m): 1:04am On Sep 08, 2018
engkorede:

Recently, Apple became the first trillion dollar company in the world beating Amazon. The company hits a $1trn market capitalization 42 years after they were founded. So if you ask me, I will always tell you iPhones are elegant and exquisite.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/northamerica/top-stories/amazon-is-2nd-us-company-to-reach-dollar1-trillion-market-value/ar-BBMS8DA

1 Like

Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by engkorede(m): 5:37am On Sep 08, 2018
Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by michlins(m): 6:47am On Sep 08, 2018
ollah2:

Hell to the no. How many Nigerians buy iPhones brand new to begin with? There are so many Android users that buy high end Android phones brand new..I'm presently using an S8 and it's was bought brand new, likewise my S6 edge prior. Surely, i'm not the only one In thks circle. So it's choice.
you could afford it brand new. Do you know why people buy used iPhone, cause they can't which goes back to the issue of funds. IPhone 6s costs almost same price as Samsung Galaxy S8 even with the former being better specs wise and recent
Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by ollah2: 7:41am On Sep 08, 2018
michlins:
you could afford it brand new. Do you know why people buy used iPhone, cause they can't which goes back to the issue of funds. IPhone 6s costs almost same price as Samsung Galaxy S8 even with the former being better specs wise and recent

You are still not understanding something simple here. Most iPhone users bought theirs used and not new. Some could afford to buy a new iPhone amongst them but they chose for used best reasons known to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by ollah2: 7:43am On Sep 08, 2018
frugal:

So you expect phones not to work outta the box?
Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by michlins(m): 7:45am On Sep 08, 2018
ollah2:

You are still not understanding something simple here. Most iPhone users bought theirs used and not new. Some could afford to buy a new iPhone amongst them but they chose for used best reasons known to them.
since I was born and am getting old now, I have never seen someone refuse better thing. Even the rich as sometimes frugal. Aside money there's no reason someone won't buy iPhone
Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by ollah2: 7:50am On Sep 08, 2018
michlins:
since I was born and am getting old now, I have never seen someone refuse better thing. Even the rich as sometimes frugal. Aside money there's no reason someone won't buy iPhone

So if I have say 200k in my account and i want an iPhone, buying a used iPhone is s bad idea? Dude, quit talking like a teen. Some hommies have the cash but would rather buy used than new and yes you won't notice the difference.

At the bolded, speak yourself. That point is trash dude.
Re: Iphones: Why Some Nigerians Are Not Fans by ddjay: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Brutally Honest Review Of Transsion Devices / Camon 16 Or Samsung A12 ? Which One Is Better ? / How To Fix Your BB From Switching Off By Itself(mainly CURVE USERS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.