Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

How To Correct Error In Driver's License - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Correct Error In Driver's License (8093 Views)

How Does One Make A Correction To His/her Driver's License? / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Correct Error In Driver's License by Akpuoru: 1:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hi, good people. I noticed an error on the date of birth in my driver's license; instead of July they put June. Now I want to renew the license but it is proving very difficult doing so. I initiated this process more than 3 months ago and I keep hearing there are issues with database in Abuja and all that crap. This is happening at the FRSC licensing office here in Port Harcourt. Who has had similar issue, kindly advice how you sorted it out.
Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by guru03(m): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
its a year and three months I apply for renewal and nothing yet, follow them on Twitter and twit, they will respond.
Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by Akpuoru: 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2018
OK thanks
Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by sooperrescue(m): 6:12am On Sep 08, 2018
guru03:
its a year and three months I apply for renewal and nothing yet, follow them on Twitter and twit, they will respond.
Where did you apply? Did you start the process by yourself or through a proxy. Watch Autoxpat this Sunday on mitv channel 255 on Dstv by 7pm. There's a topic on driving license with the Vio.
Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by guru03(m): 11:13am On Sep 08, 2018
I did it at their office in Bauchi not by proxy.
Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by sooperrescue(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2018
guru03:
I did it at their office in Bauchi not by proxy.
at that their one stop office? Where all the Vio, Frsc and internal tax board are in one place? It should be easy then. Go there and ask for their DL head. And mind you, they don't read anything on twitter. Maybe you can check out your license number on their website and see the status before I can help
Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by pattybf(f): 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
Akpuoru:
Hi, good people. I noticed an error on the date of birth in my driver's license; instead of July they put June. Now I want to renew the license but it is proving very difficult doing so. I initiated this process more than 3 months ago and I keep hearing there are issues with database in Abuja and all that crap. This is happening at the FRSC licensing office here in Port Harcourt. Who has had similar issue, kindly advice how you sorted it out.

If u supplied all d requirements for correction of error, d next is to exercise patience while correction is effected. Usually, d license office scans n sends d requirements to head of FRSC Abuja.

Nothing can be done, until approval comes from there.

Yes, lately it has taken forever to get approval from Abuja. Patience is highly required.
Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by Akpuoru: 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2018
I can officially say that the error (Date of Birth) on my drivers license has been rectified but I feel I should state the process that got to this
1. My earlier license had my correct DOB, July.
2. The index license has June instead of July, strangely I had been using it without noticing this error until I was accosted by road safety this June. I confidently produced the license with the knowledge that it would expire the coming month. I will not go into the embarrassment I went through.
3. I immediately went to have it renewed at RIRS Port Harcourt but had to apply for correction to the DOB.
4. I got no positive response from June till September. I decided to through one of the "agents" working for the road safety there. She told me straight that it would cost me #5K.
5. Fast forward, I paid the money and the change has just been effected.
6. I'm ashamed to say that I had to pay money to have something as trivial as this to be done; yet we complain of corruption in high places when in our small spheres, we are all involved. This is the Civil service world in 9ja.

2 Likes

Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by chiking850(m): 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2019
Hello Akpuoro,pls I will love to get your contact so u can help me out.I have been facing same DOB issue in my driver's license and I have been on it for almost a month even after paying 5k as requested in warri.this is just too frustrating.pls here is my phone contact. 08032695764.thanks.
Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by Pebo(f): 1:25pm On May 21, 2019
Hello. Please can i have your contact who helped you? Mine has an issue where my first name was mixed up and used as my surname. Thanks

Akpuoru:
I can officially say that the error (Date of Birth) on my drivers license has been rectified but I feel I should state the process that got to this
1. My earlier license had my correct DOB, July.
2. The index license has June instead of July, strangely I had been using it without noticing this error until I was accosted by road safety this June. I confidently produced the license with the knowledge that it would expire the coming month. I will not go into the embarrassment I went through.
3. I immediately went to have it renewed at RIRS Port Harcourt but had to apply for correction to the DOB.
4. I got no positive response from June till September. I decided to through one of the "agents" working for the road safety there. She told me straight that it would cost me #5K.
5. Fast forward, I paid the money and the change has just been effected.
6. I'm ashamed to say that I had to pay money to have something as trivial as this to be done; yet we complain of corruption in high places when in our small spheres, we are all involved. This is the Civil service world in 9ja.
Re: How To Correct Error In Driver's License by ladycn: 12:00pm On May 22, 2019
I have gender error on my Drivers License Card. I informed them when I first applied and I was told to apply for correction and also attach some documents which I did. I was further told to go, that the correction will be effected before the license is due for renewal. I have now applied for renewal and still discovered same error. I reported at their office and was informed that correction of such errors have been suspended and there's no immediate remedy pending when the suspension is set aside.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Minivan Should I Choose For Family / ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... / Flying Car, Airscooter To Go On Sale Later This Year For Around $50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.