Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God (6080 Views)

Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? / Difference Between Righteousness And Holiness / What Does Bible Mean By "The Righteousness That Exceeds That Of The Pharisees?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:34am On Sep 26, 2018
God gave the natural use. A man should live with a woman. However, the fact that men have relation with men and women with women shows that they deny the natural use that God has given.

The Book of Romans was written about 1900 years ago. Paul the Apostle predicted that those who leave the natural use of their sexes would pay the penalty for their sexual disorder. God’s word is achieved in reality these days. We know that AIDS is prevailing especially among the homosexuals. It is completely adequate for them to pay the penalty for their sexual sins.

The wrath of God is revealed against the men who change the natural uses of their sexuality. They deserve to receive the penalty of AIDS. This disease is surely caused by the disbelief in God. God gives over unbelievers to a reprobate mind. In other words, it surely is the curse of God.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:37am On Sep 26, 2018
They are opposed to the righteousness of God

Men who don’t like to retain God in their minds are like the following. “Being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them” (Romans 1:29-32).

What do ‘those who practice such things’ do to those whopractice the same evil? They ‘approve’ of them. What do men who are against God do to the righteous, who obey the word of God? They persecute the righteous, saying, “You are heretics.” The righteous are persecuted for righteousness’ sake after they believe in Jesus. They are blessed.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2018
People sympathize with those who wander by the flesh. However, strange to say, we see that they object and prevent others from believing in Jesus and becoming righteous by the forgiveness of sin. This is like living as a servant of sin because they neither believe in God nor obey the word of the truth.

Therefore, unbelievers and Satan say that we should neither be perfectly sanctified nor have the perfect forgiveness of sin, although they permit us to believe in Jesus Christ. Unbelievers and disobeyers think and say that they must believe in Jesus in order to go to Heaven even though they have sins in their hearts. That is why they feel comfortable when they believe in Jesus as sinners.

The ones, who don’t know and believe in God, although they are Christians, don’t receive God in their knowledge and oppose Him. They oppose the righteousness of God. They also worship Satan and all the sins. Those, who are not born again, although they believe in Jesus, are like that. There are so many nominal Christians who have not been born again. Those who believe in Jesus with sins in their hearts don’t obey the word of the truth of God and oppose born again Christians who have obtain the remission of sin and got sanctified by believing in the truth of Jesus Christ.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2018
Those who are not born again oppose the born again

Paul the Apostle says in the Bible that the wrath of God is revealed to men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness. He also says that the judgment of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness, and unrighteousness.

Everything is done according to the truth. The truth is that the Lord has blotted out all our sins. The judgment of God is revealed to those who are against the truth and block it. We learn through the word of God that all the believers who are not born again are going to be judged by Him. God will judge those who are not born again, even though they believe in Jesus.

Believers who have not been born again like to slander the born again, with hearts full of maliciousness. Those will go to hell. God expels them to hell. They are full of malice and whisper to each other. Sinners who whisper together against the righteous, who have the forgiveness of sin, are to be judged. Do you see what I mean? We should sympathize with them. They oppose God with their sins, not knowing that they are against Him, whispering, “It’s strange for them not to have sins. It sounds strange.”
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by Thegospelman(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2018
estheragha:
Those who are not born again oppose the born again

Paul the Apostle says in the Bible that the wrath of God is revealed to men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness. He also says that the judgment of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness, and unrighteousness.

Everything is done according to the truth. The truth is that the Lord has blotted out all our sins. The judgment of God is revealed to those who are against the truth and block it. We learn through the word of God that all the believers who are not born again are going to be judged by Him. God will judge those who are not born again, even though they believe in Jesus.

Believers who have not been born again like to slander the born again, with hearts full of maliciousness. Those will go to hell. God expels them to hell. They are full of malice and whisper to each other. Sinners who whisper together against the righteous, who have the forgiveness of sin, are to be judged. Do you see what I mean? We should sympathize with them. They oppose God with their sins, not knowing that they are against Him, whispering, “It’s strange for them not to have sins. It sounds strange.”
Amen!

1 Like

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 11:56am On Sep 27, 2018
The judgment of God is revealed to those who are against God with their evils. Those people take pleasure in those who do so. They admit whisperers and slanderers to be right. Christians who are not born again whisper to each other and slander the righteous. They backbite and hate the righteous, pride themselves, and plot evil things together. Do you know how they devise evil things? They commit evil acts by uniting with one another. They oppose the righteous with good slogans such as “Let’s believe in Jesus well. Let’s have the right kind of faith. Let’s be the light of the world.” They commit such sins uniting themselves, because it’s not fun to sin alone.

Therefore, God says in Psalm 2:4, “He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision,” because the kings of the earth are against God. ‘Oh! It’s funny. Nothing will ever happen to Me no matter what your challenge against Me is. You guys bribe me to be judged.’ God is waiting for the time of judgment because it is too laughable.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 11:59am On Sep 27, 2018
Those who judge the righteous will be judged by God

Those who are against the truth of God and who have not been born again commit sins. Those who are born again also have malice and imperfections in the flesh. However, it’s basically different, in fact. We believe in God and the truth. We have received the remission of sin through God. However, they don’t believe in God at all. These people are against ‘the righteousness and the truth of God.’

“Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things” (Romans 2:1). Paul the Apostle talks to the Jews and Christians who have not been born again and only stuck to the law. They judge others, saying, “Don’t murder, don’t commit adultery, don’t steal, and only serve God”, while they themselves don’t keep the law. Only God justly judges, and only His children, who have been born again, can judge according to the word of God.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
These kinds of people are to be judged because they judge the righteous arbitrarily. God will judge all of those who have not been born again, that is to say, the Jews and the legalist-Christians.

The wrath of God is revealed to those who lead religious lives by keeping the law, while not being born again, and who believe that they will go to hell if they don’t obey God and that they will go to heaven if they do as God has said. A person of faith is one who becomes righteous after he/she believes in Jesus Christ. We must be discriminate.

Those who can believe in God and lead seemingly pious lives without being born again, ie the LEGALISTS , judge the righteous according to their own criterion. However, God will surely judge them. They don’t know they are judging themselves according to their own criterion. Oh, you men who judge the righteous without having the forgiveness of sin, with wrong faiths, not receiving the grace of the truth of God, do you think that you can escape the judgment of God? These people are going to be judged by God.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2018
The judgment of God is righteous

“But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth, against them which commit such things” (Romans 2:2). We are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth, against those who judge other people while not being born again, even though they believe in Jesus. We must know that God sends these people to hell and that He judges them according to His truth. God sends sinners to hell because His truth is right, and because the judgment of God is accurate.

Whether one goes to hell or not doesn’t depend on the false Doctrine of Predestination that preaches, ‘God loves some, but hates others unconditionally.’ GOD CHOSE ALL MEN in Jesus Christ before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4). Whoever believes that Jesus Christ blotted out all his/her sins receive the remission of sin. God predestined this.

Therefore, all of those who have not been born again, even though they believe in Jesus, will go to hell. They will go to hell according to the judgment of God and this is the truth. The judgment of God, which sends sinners to hell, is right. Why? Because they rejected the great love of God and neither received the salvation of God nor believed in Him. It’s proper for Him, according to the truth, to send those who are not born again to hell.

1 Like

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
Some would say, “Why didn’t God preach the gospel to me?” Didn’t He? God preached the gospel to you so many times. Try to obtain salvation by widely opening your eyes. There are a few churches that preach the true gospel in this world. However, you can meet the truth if you really search for it.

In my case, I really tried to find it! I don’t know how much I have tried to find the truth. God wants to meet whoever seeks Him. God wants to redeem even those people who didn’t seek Him. “I will call them My people, who were not My people, And her beloved, who was not beloved” (Romans 9:25). God says that He is our Savior who came to this world to save us.

People who have sought God earnestly will surely meet Him. Some others haven’t sought God, but come to get an opportunity to meet the Lord when the gospel preachers come to them and preached the gospel. Some would be interested in the gospel, but others would not. Men who will go to hell will end up there because they rejected the good news.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
Jesus already blotted out ( as in wiped out, remove, erased, obliterated, destroyed) all the sins of the world through His love

Paul the Apostle says to sinners, the Jews and the legalistChristians, who neither receive the love of Jesus nor are born again, that they will be judged. They are destined to go to hell. But what is the gospel? In Romans 2:4, God says, “Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?”

The love of God has accurately appeared to all people and has justly prevailed. Nobody is excluded from the grace of the salvation of God. Jesus blotted out all the sins of the world. Jesus perfectly sanctified us and made us SINLESS and RIGHTEOUS . Does He only blot out the original sin and forgive us for our daily sins whenever we pray for forgiveness of them? No. The Lord already blotted out ALL the sins of the world once and for all.

Nonetheless, those who are against God ignore His goodness and love saying, “How did Jesus save us? How can I say, ‘I have no sin’, even though I constantly sin? It’s nonsense. How could God blot out all my sins while I continuously sin, even though He is the Savior and Lord God?”

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
People think according to the flesh like this, yet God has already washed away all the sins of the world with His love. The Lord came to the world and perfectly blotted out all our sins. The Lord knows the imperfections and infirmities of men (The flesh cannot but sin again and again). Therefore, He blotted out all the sins of the world once and for all with His BAPTISM and by shedding His BLOOD on the Cross.

The Lord knows the infirmities of the flesh very well. “I saved you because I knew you would sin again and again until you die.” The Lord washed away the sins of the world. The Lord has accepted all of us by redeeming us. The Lord paid the wages of sin for sinners and sanctified them with His power and righteousness (Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist at the Jordan River). The Lord allowed us to be blessed, become His children and enabled us to go to the Kingdom of Heaven by paying the wages of our sins with His life (blood). The Lord turned SINNERS into His RIGHTEOUS children.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
Unbelievers must repent and turn their hearts to the Lord

“Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?” God sentences those who despise and deny the goodness, riches, forbearance and long-suffering of God to go to hell. It is certain that Jesus Christ washed away all the sins of the world, and that the gospel pervades all over the world. However, people still go to hell because they don’t believe in it. Jesus saved us by washing away all our sins to prevent us from going to hell, even if we wanted to go to hell by despising the forbearance and riches of His goodness. Even if we desired to go to hell, He saved us.

Therefore we must believe in the WATER and the BLOOD of Jesus Christ to be saved. Believe, and be saved. Those who despise the love and salvation of God will go to hell. Hell is a place that God has prepared for those who despise the grace of His salvation and the riches of His goodness. Unbelievers have already bought their tickets to hell. People who are destined to go to hell must repent and turn their hearts to the Lord. You also must say good-bye to the Kingdom of Heaven unless you have faith in the TRUE GOSPEL.

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2018
People go to hell because they reject the love of God

“But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God” (Romans 2:5). Those who have impenitent hearts and people who don’t repent will go to hell. Some people go to hell because they have rejected the great love of God. Sinners who reject the truth with stubborn hearts and pursue their own thoughts will go to hell, due to the wages of their sin. Those who refuse to receive God’s love and persist in doing repentance prayers to reach gradual sanctification will eventually go to hell. To have stored God’s wrath until the day of revelation and His righteous judgment is due to denying the Lord’s love.

In His plan of redemption, God decided to save sinners and make them righteous, even before Satan corrupted us into sin. God sent His Son to save and sanctify us. However, sinners have not accepted this. They have stored His wrath full to the brim by refusing God’s love and will be judged on the day of wrath and revelation of His righteous judgment. The righteous judgment of God is to send those who have sins in their hearts to hell.

Why? Because God washed away all the sins of the world and made everyone in the world be saved by faith. Unbelievers will surely go to hell. They are stubborn and volunteer to go to hell, so they will ultimately regret their foolishness. Sinners will go to hell if they don’t accept God’s great love.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:10am On Sep 30, 2018
People think that God is unreasonable because He sends some people to hell and others to the Kingdom of Heaven at random according to His own authority. However, this is not true. God invented hell for those who are stubborn to deny His love and truth so that there would be an adequate place for them to go.

The Bible says that hell is a lake that burns with fire and brimstone. There are wriggling dirty maggots for those who prefer to have sin. They may cry, “No, No. I hate this place.” But God would say, “I had washed away all your sins, but you said that it didn’t matter if you possessed sin. Therefore, I give you maggots as a gift, as your friends, because you didn’t like to have the forgiveness of sin.” “No, I hate it, Lord.”

“You’ve asked for it, even though you hate it. I’m the Lord of righteousness. I gave you what you wanted. I give hell to all those who like to have sin in their heart.” It is the right judgment of God. Human beings sin while they live in this world, yet they should not ignore the gospel of the salvation of God that has washed away all the sins of the world.

People go to hell because they are hard-hearted. We should not be stubborn before God. We should believe that He already washed away all the sins of the world. You must believe, even if it is not visible.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by orisa37: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2018
Nothing like human Righteousness. All Righteousness is obedience to God's Will and Pleasures.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2018
Philippians 3:9

"and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the LAW, but that which is through FAITH in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;"

Piling one's own pride by doing good deeds portrays human/self-righteousness. Having faith in human righteousness attained through the deeds of the law like the Jews, is a decent short cut to hell. But having correct faith in the righteousness of God revealed in the complete saving works of Christ: BAPTISM, DEATH AND RESURRECTION, makes us TRULY righteous and leads to heaven .
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
God tells us that He already loved us

God tells us that He already loved us. “I already washed away all of your sins.” You must believe this fact. When God says that He created the heavens and the earth, we must believe it because the word of God is true. Faith begins with the belief in God’s word. People believe something only when they understand it with their small heads and don’t believe when they can’t understand. Unbelievers who don’t believe that God saved all sinners from their sins will go to hell. They are the ones who make up their minds to go to hell.

There was a prominent Christian who once declared publicly, “I confess before God that I’m a sinner until I die.” He died and surely went to hell. He said to God, “I declare that I’m a sinner before God and can never be righteous before Him.” He persisted in being a sinner until the time of his death. He rejected God’s love and the truth up to his last breath. Then the Lord said, “You are so faithful to your own faith! It’s proper for you to go to hell according to your faith. I send you to hell because sinners can never enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.”

1 Like

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
If I had believed

The man who said, “I declare that I’m a sinner until I die,” went to hell. Even God can’t help these people. Not only have they declared that they are sinners, though they may end up in hell the day after tomorrow, but they also taught believers who trusted in them, “We are sinners until we die and will still be sinners when we stand before God.” Therefore, many believers also follow the same religious route. God said that sinners would go to hell. However, innumerable Christians follow this teaching in today’s Christianity. God said that those sinners would eternally regret, grinding their teeth in the hot flames of hell, saying, “If I had believed; if I had only believed it.”

“If I had believed in the fact that Jesus washed away all my sins and abandoned my own thoughts, I would have entered into the Kingdom of Heaven!” “If I had believed; if I had only believed.” There are going to be many people uttering things like this in hell. They will say, “If, If, If I had believed, If I had received the truth, I would have been His son. Why had I been so stubborn....”

1 Like

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:13am On Oct 01, 2018
God will render to every man according to his deeds

God “will render to each one according to his deeds: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality” (Romans 2:6-7). God renders to every person according to his/her deeds and judges him/her so. ‘Render’ means to ‘reward in accordance with a deed.’ What kind of a person uses patience to continue doing good whiling seeking glory, honor, and immortality? He/she is the one who believes in Jesus’ perfect salvation.

There are many people in the world, but God gives eternal lives only to those who endure for righteousness and believe in His truth, no matter what other people say. God gives the glory of the eternal Kingdom to those who want to become the righteous and wish to lead eternally happy lives. They continue in doing good and seek glory, honor, and immortality; wanting to be the sons of God. They would endure and continue in doing good to follow and pursue after the righteousness of God. God gives those people eternal lives. God allows them to live eternally and makes them His children. The sons of God are gods in His Kingdom.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:29am On Oct 01, 2018
But to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness─ indignation and wrath” (Romans 2:cool. “But to those” refers to the group of people who are opposite to the blessed. The indignation and wrath of God are given to those who disobey His righteousness, are contentious and don’t obey the truth. God sends them to hell. Those who are not born again and don’t obey the truth are contentious and against the truth as a group.

Those who are not born again are contentious and like to form factions. Throughout Korean history, our ancestors made factions and contended each other in political problems. The ruling group would be decided according to the fact who became king. When one of Lee families became king, men of the Lee family were placed on high social positions while others were expelled or persecuted. But when the throne changed to the Kim family, everything was completely changed. People formed factions for their own advantages, not for achieving just causes.

The present Christianity is similar to this. They form denominations and sects. What for? To disobey the truth as a group. They say unanimously that they have sin, though Jesus washed away the sins of the world. They pretend to be righteous and saved, but don’t obey the truth. They condemn the righteous as heretics, saying that they are right to have sin. The Lord says that sinners who are contentious to the righteous are wrong and that they must all go to hell.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2018
But to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness─ indignation and wrath” (Romans 2:8 ). “But to those” refers to the group of people who are opposite to the blessed. The indignation and wrath of God are given to those who disobey His righteousness, are contentious and don’t obey the truth. God sends them to hell. Those who are not born again and don’t obey the truth are contentious and against the truth as a group.

Those who are not born again are contentious and like to form factions. Throughout Korean history, our ancestors made factions and contended each other in political problems. The ruling group would be decided according to the fact who became king. When one of Lee families became king, men of the Lee family were placed on high social positions while others were expelled or persecuted. But when the throne changed to the Kim family, everything was completely changed. People formed factions for their own advantages, not for achieving just causes.

The present Christianity is similar to this. They form denominations and sects. What for? To disobey the truth as a group. They say unanimously that they have sin, though Jesus washed away the sins of the world. They pretend to be righteous and saved, but don’t obey the truth. They condemn the righteous as heretics, saying that they are right to have sin. The Lord says that sinners who are contentious to the righteous are wrong and that they must all go to hell.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
Can Christian denominations send us to the Kingdom of Heaven?

Denominational bodies cannot send us to the Kingdom of Heaven. Do you think a religious body can send you to the Kingdom of Heaven? We individually get saved and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven by believing in the word of God. Can the religious bodies of the Presbyterian Church send you to the Kingdom of Heaven? Can a denominational body of the Baptist Church send you? Can the Holiness Church? Can the Seventh-Day Adventist Church? No. We can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven only when we believe in the forgiveness of sin that Jesus prepared for us.

We have to abide in the church of God . Paul the Apostle apparently separated sinners who would go to hell from the righteous who would enter into the Kingdom of Heaven among all Christians. The gospel is equal to everybody, to Jews and to Greeks alike. Here, the Greeks stand for Gentiles and the Jews stand for Israelites. God does not look at the outward appearance of people. God looks for a man who believes in the word of God with his heart.

Do you believe that Jesus is God? Do you believe that Jesus is our Savior? We can go to the Kingdom of Heaven only when we believe that Jesus took away all the sins of the world with His baptism. We have to believe this and not betray it. The Holy Spirit within us keeps us from betraying our faiths and helps defeat our enemies when danger is upon us. We have to be careful.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2018

Denominational bodies cannot send us to the Kingdom of Heaven. Do you think a religious body can send you to the Kingdom of Heaven? We individually get saved and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven by believing in the word of God. Can the religious bodies of the Presbyterian Church send you to the Kingdom of Heaven? Can a denominational body of the Baptist Church send you? Can the Holiness Church? Can the Seventh-Day Adventist Church? No. We can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven only when we believe in the forgiveness of sin that Jesus prepared for us.

We have to abide in the church of God . Paul the Apostle apparently separated sinners who would go to hell from the righteous who would enter into the Kingdom of Heaven among all Christians. The gospel is equal to everybody, to Jews and to Greeks alike. Here, the Greeks stand for Gentiles and the Jews stand for Israelites. God does not look at the outward appearance of people. God looks for a man who believes in the word of God with his heart.

Do you believe that Jesus is God? Do you believe that Jesus is our Savior? We can go to the Kingdom of Heaven only when we believe that Jesus took away all the sins of the world with His BAPTISM. We have to believe this and not betray it. The Holy Spirit within us keeps us from betraying our faiths and helps defeat our enemies when danger is upon us. We have to be careful.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2018

Paul the Apostle apparently separated sinners who would go to hell from the righteous who would enter into the Kingdom of Heaven among all Christians. The gospel is equal to everybody, to Jews and to Greeks alike. Here, the Greeks stand for Gentiles and the Jews stand for Israelites. God does not look at the outward appearance of people. God looks for a man who believes in the word of God with his heart.

Do you believe that Jesus is God? Do you believe that Jesus is our Savior? We can go to the Kingdom of Heaven only when we believe that Jesus took away all the sins of the world with His BAPTISM. We have to believe this and not betray it. The Holy Spirit within us keeps us from betraying our faiths and helps defeat our enemies when danger is upon us. We have to be careful.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2018
The sin of Jews

Now the Apostle Paul starts to preach the gospel in full scale to the Jews after separating them from those who are going to the Kingdom of Heaven. “Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God, and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law, and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, an instructor of the foolish, a teacherof babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law. You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal? You who say, ‘Do not commit adultery,’ do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?” (Romans 2:17-22)

We must know the following. God originally spoke to the Jews, so they had the word of God and the sacrificial system. He promised the Messiah through the Jews and showed His plan through His Jewish servants. So, Moses and all the prophets were Jews. However, the Jews thought they understood what would please God and what His law was, diligently reciting and memorizing the word of God. Nevertheless, Paul the Apostle said, “Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God.”

Jews were not saved, though they boasted of God and ministered sacrifices earnestly. Those who don’t believe fully in Jesus as their Savior are the same as unbelievers. It means that they neither believed God’s promise that He would save them as in the sacrificial system, nor believed in Jesus, the Savior.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:04am On Oct 02, 2018
In this world, there are only two groups of people that believe in God: the Jews and Christians. Among these two groups of people, the former don’t believe in Jesus while the latter do. God regards the faiths of those who do not believe in Jesus as useless. However, the most serious problem Christians face is that they believe in Jesus somehow but have not yet been remitted of their sins.

The Jews judge others easily

The Apostle Paul reproaches both the Jews and Christians who have the same kinds of faiths. In Romans 2:1, Paul, saying “O man, whoever you are who judge,” reproaches those who are intoxicated with the sense of superiority in being Jewish or Christian. Even those who have not been truly born again after believing in God know what is wrong by the law of consciousness in their hearts. That is why they tell others not to steal.

However, they commit adultery themselves and do not keep the Lord’s words, yet guide others with God’s commandments while professing themselves to be believers of God. These are the people, among Jews and Christians, who have not been born again.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2018
Those who believe in God tell others not to worship idols or commit murder, boasting that they keep the law of God. Therefore, they dishonor God by breaking His laws. People who do not know God’s righteousness, but believe in Jesus, also say that Jesus is their Savior. But their faiths are not based on God’s righteousness, so they oppose the true righteousness of God that has already blotted out all their sins. They themselves do not know that they are opposing the true believers in God.

We can see that many people call themselves Christians but reject the gospel that contains God’s righteousness, without knowing Jesus’ love, or the spiritual circumcision. They claim to follow God’s will, but in truth they have not accepted Jesus and have crucified Him to the Cross on a charge of blasphemy that Jesus identified Himself as the Son of God

1 Like

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
The Apostle Paul says, “Circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter” (Romans 2:29). Those who believe in the spiritual circumcision are the true believers in God. They are righteous by faith. From whom should the believers of God receive recognition and praise? They should receive it from God. Paul said, “Whose praise is not from men but from God” (Romans 2:29). If we believe in God’s righteousness, we win His praise and receive a reward from Him.

If you believe in Jesus outwardly yet hold sin in your heart, you do not believe in God’s righteousness actually; you are only mocking Him. Therefore, you will receive the judgment of an unbeliever. Who are those who ignore God’s truth? They are the people who follow human words more seriously than God’s word. They organize themselves into various religious sects in Christianity and oppose God. They reject and stand against the righteousness of God’s salvation with their united power. Can you guess what kinds of punishments will come down on these people?

1 Like

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by Thegospelman(m): 11:25pm On Oct 04, 2018
estheragha:
The Apostle Paul says, “Circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter” (Romans 2:29). Those who believe in the spiritual circumcision are the true believers in God. They are righteous by faith. From whom should the believers of God receive recognition and praise? They should receive it from God. Paul said, “Whose praise is not from men but from God” (Romans 2:29). If we believe in God’s righteousness, we win His praise and receive a reward from Him.

If you believe in Jesus outwardly yet hold sin in your heart, you do not believe in God’s righteousness actually; you are only mocking Him. Therefore, you will receive the judgment of an unbeliever. Who are those who ignore God’s truth? They are the people who follow human words more seriously than God’s word. They organize themselves into various religious sects in Christianity and oppose God. They reject and stand against the righteousness of God’s salvation with their united power. Can you guess what kinds of punishments will come down on these people?
Their condemnation is just!

1 Like

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 6:31am On Oct 05, 2018
The punishment to those who oppose God

Verses 8 and 9 state, “But to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness─ indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek.” Tribulation and anguish will come down upon each of the souls of mankind who do evil. Here, the expression “anguish” is the punishment to be received in hell. To those who commit evil, there are tribulations and hell’s anguish. What kind of a curse do those who reject God receive? God brings down fearful judgment upon those who reject His love.

How do you expect those who have opposed God’s love, which comes from spiritual circumcision, to live peacefully in body and mind? Some people will live ruined lives now and after death because they deserve God’s wrath. They have opposed God’s righteousness and cannot hold true satisfaction in theirhearts. They do not know the love that comes from spiritual circumcision; even when they go to church confessing that they believe in Jesus, they still suffer from not having their sins remitted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness Bible Is Dubious / Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? / Why Do Pastors Sell Their Sermons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.