Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia (48899 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2011
mylove007:

@ojdollars: Bro, your informative way of approaching to people's issues had been great, i appreciate you. I need to ask you about something as regards "coming to canada", can please send your email address to seun_64@yahoo.com.
Thanks as i appreciate your response. Enjoy your day.

@mylove007 , I have sent you an email to your email address. So you better check and reach me with your Question.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by mylove007: 10:13am On Aug 26, 2011
@Ojdollars, sent you an email now, need your honest and plain understanding. Thank you.

ojdollars:

@mylove007 , I have sent you an email to your email address. So you better check and reach me with your Question.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2011
ojdollars:

@DEELOV , Answer to your Question.

Question 1: 100% YES, it's worth leaving Unilag or any University in Nigeria to go and School in Canada.
Question 2: The chances of getting a Job would be based on the fact that you can show a proof that you have been schooling for a while and just intend to take on the Job to support yourself while schooling. So there are 101 chances of getting a Job.
Question 3: Cost of living depends on the type of Houses you want to live, like we have Ghetto and GRA Areas in Nigeria, so it is everywhere, but in a more develop way, that you can compare some of their Ghetto it to our GRA. I meant low housing stuff there, it depends, but i know that cost of living in Canada is very much affordable. Things are not so expensive there, life is very fair to foreigners and everyone, Gbam.

My friends and brothers in the House. Don't try to re-think about going to Canada, is the best decision you can make in your life time. I wish you all Goodluck in your quest for a better and advance education in Canada.
thanks a lot bro 4 ds prompt response, so now dt my mind is made up, WHAT NEXT
Getting a passport right Ow do I go about dt nd what else do I need to know as regards getting a student Visa, Is it possible when one has no relative in Canada except for friends who are students over there too, nd 4rm checking thru Columbia International college (CIC) website, I think It's way berra nd easier to get into any top universities in Canada 4rm CIC since they now in partnership with schools like York, Uni. Of Toronto nd d likes, Is it advisable to really pass thru dere nd just join in d 12th grade( Pre-University Program 4 Six or Ten months---so I read) and I think their requirements is basically WAEC O'Level, I need enlightenment please
Thanx 2 y'all contributing!
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by henrywest(m): 1:01am On Aug 29, 2011
@jimmy, Passport aint d first thing now, All u need to do now is to get an admission into any school of ur choice in canada. Since u are already an undergraduate here in 9ja, u can apply for transfer of credits to reduce cost and time u know, Browse thru various school's for their requirements although I am sure some canadian schools do not require toefl, When u get accepted into the uni, go get ur passport and come on here for further advice, Cheers
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Gnexplore: 8:56am On Aug 29, 2011
All posters here are doing marvelous work , is not easy sitting down and contributing to this thread

Kudos to the originator

keep it up , and keep it coming!!!

If we are to move 9ja forward, we need both local and foreign knowledge and resources.

Now i understand why Chinese are everywhere gathering, copying, photographing anything they think will help move China forward.

1 Like

Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 29, 2011
henrywest:

@jimmy, Passport aint d first thing now, All u need to do now is to get an admission into any school of your choice in canada. Since u are already an undergraduate here in 9ja, u can apply for transfer of credits to reduce cost and time u know, Browse thru various school's for their requirements although I am sure some canadian schools do not require toefl, When u get accepted into the uni, go get your passport and come on here for further advice, Cheers
oh! Tnx dude, imma go do dt now, but I really dnt get wah u mean by transfer of credits, u care to xplain mur
Kindly give a link to deir schls pls
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 10:09am On Aug 29, 2011
@jimmy4x , Please go and do your Int'l Passport, before you spend 18k, you will get it same day at any Passport Office, approach and immigration Office there. OK? As long as you are a Nigerian. Go do your Passport first, no late hour rush. And while it's done, you will start picturing yourself out of the country and seeing yourself in school. You can do it today, get it and start applying for different schools, out of 10, 5 can give you admission. But for undergraduate, Apply to Kings University, I think it;s cool and it's a christian school. They respond to emails faster, go go go boy.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by annawhite(f): 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
ojdollars
please can i have your email ive got some questions too smiley smiley smiley
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by henrywest(m): 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2011
@ jimmy, by transfer of credits, I mean sending ur prisent university transcript to ur school of choice in canada after applying as a "transfer student" in that institution. I am also a january (winter) hopeful. Just telling u exactly what a friend of mine did, By transferring credits and after evaluation, u might end up spending less that 4 yrs and ur tuition would definitely reduce cuz tuition fee is usually based on the number of courses u take each year, As regards the link to universities, u can get that from google. I opted for university of saskatchewan, Hope that helps. Cheerss ♡̬̩̃̊
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by henrywest(m): 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2011
And uhhhhmmm ♏. Forgot to add something, When u wanna apply to a school in canada, just try checking its web ranking from Mr. Google, And pls compare it to the best uni in Nigeria (university of ibadan). Don't be surprised ibandan is better than some school's in canada. Just a piece for you from so u don't waste ur bucks there. Hope u don't mind bro,
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2011
annawhite:

ojdollars
please can i have your email ive got some questions too smiley smiley smiley

@annawhite , Reach me at ojdollarsnl@yahoo.com . Let me know it's from you.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ajadek(m): 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2011
@medlabgirl. Wat a gud post so far, ajadek23@yahoo.com pls info wil be aprciated,i like to come over to do busines,i just want to kind of buz to do over.tanks
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2011
Pls house l have intend applying to a school in canada to develop a skill I so much love. Vancouver film school in british colombia, canada. Pls house , is anyone on nairaland aware of this school pls? I will appreciate ur comment and replies pls house.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2011
akin707:

Pls house l have intend applying to a school in canada to develop a skill I so much love. Vancouver film school in british colombia, canada. Pls house , is anyone on nairaland aware of this school pls? I will appreciate your comment and replies pls house.
Medlabgirl should be ur saviour, She lives and works in BC, btw, where has she been all ds while, missed her so much
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by beeman80: 9:15am On Sep 06, 2011
Medlabgirl:

Na wa for me sef; sorry everyone for my long hiatus. I had, and still have too much going on right now. My sister and her daughter moved here, and my brother moved elsewhere, I had to go help get him settled. I have been travelling like crazy. Prior to that, I had an incident with a HIV Pos patient, in which my pathologist and I got exposed, and we both had to get anti-retroviral treatments for 60 days, (not funny!!!!, made me sick as hell, but that's another story.) I even had to cut down on work by two days a week, and I am no longer accepting any night shifts, at least till further notice, and night time was when I made most of my contributions on here.

The worst really is that Immigration matters keep evolving as we all know, and I have not kept on top of my reading regarding them, so I would prefer not to give any advice\information as it may be outdated, and hence inaccurate.

However, due in part to my researching a lot of the questions that were asked on this forum, I have developed an even greater interest in immigration, settlement and integration into Canada matters, and I am prayerfully considering the possibility of consulting on immigration, as per making some money off of this since I enjoy doing it anyway wink

I hope you good people are doing well, and looking towards great things this year. I'll be back as soon as I'm able.

Thanks

Send me ur email addy pls.I have got some questions for u.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by beeman80: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2011
I need real help here.The last time i checked the needed professions on their federal skills,there was no IT skill listed.How does an IT person with specialization in Networking get there?Please help me o!
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by mishooo(m): 9:43am On Sep 06, 2011
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by beeman80: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
Checked but its just for Software professionals. angry
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by remarkD(m): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2011
I lived in Vancouver for 4 years, very nice city, lots of rain though. But in Canada as a whole, Alberta, (Calgary, Edmonton, Fort Mac etc) is where the money is as they have all the oil companies, and there are tons of nigerians there as well.Saskachewan is all right, quite a bit of nigerians there to actually (my friend teaches at the Uni of Sask) but i can't say much about its economy, mostly farmers i think; Manitoba? interesting place to live, but all i could think of was snow and mosquitoes, but for a naija person, i'm sure those wont be a problem, Ontario (toronto, hallifax, ottawa etc)is where things are happening!alots of investment bankers/marketing professionals/Business peeps can get jobs there asily.These are just things i've overheardbut haven't really studied or verified them as much as the OP might know, I'm checking out other places around the globe, since vancouver has dropped to #3 best place to live (behind Sydney and Melbourne(?) which should be my next stop,

2 Likes

Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2011
subscribing to this thread.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by raphrinco: 3:13am On Sep 08, 2011
hi,medlabgirl thanks a lot for your advice.please if football player comes to canada ,can he get a club based on fifa sites,the number of registered club there is about 10,000 .so how is football clubs there both amateur and professional? thanks .
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by raphrinco: 12:58am On Sep 10, 2011
greetings medlabgirl,am a football player and also about to go through some safety course with foreign certificate,can some one get good football club there?
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by raphrinco: 1:22am On Sep 10, 2011
Please guys any info and help on getting a good football club in Canada?
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by tunnytox(m): 1:46am On Sep 10, 2011
They are not keen about football in Canada mate! May be you should try Europe.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by raphrinco: 11:34pm On Sep 10, 2011
tunnytox thanks for ur reply,but they have 10,000 football clubs that are registered to FIFA,i mean with the numbers of club that there may be good for a player start his career.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by debosky(m): 11:35pm On Sep 10, 2011
Canada has teams in the MLS - Toronto and Vancouver. cool
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by raphrinco: 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2011
so debosky can you be of help by telling all you know about their game,both amateur and professional,i will appreciate that.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by debosky(m): 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2011
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by raphrinco: 1:07am On Sep 11, 2011
debosky you are one of the posters that dont just post but back up your posts with facts,thank you a lot.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by dennyflex: 12:42am On Sep 13, 2011
@house please i your help. I just got my study permit. How much is the flight fare from lagos to British columbia canada.(one way ticket) And the hours journey?
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by humbleman1: 1:02am On Nov 27, 2011
hello everyone,

it was really a good job seeing people trying to help prospective fellows on immigration issues.

I am a nigerian student studying in europe and i will be migrating to canada soon. i have some personal questions for debosky, delta007 and medlabgirl. i will appreciate if you guys can send a mail let me hit you guys up. my email addy is v.lawrence94(@)yahoo.com.

it will go a long way speaking with any of you guys, i will be expectinh your emails
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by dustydee: 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2011
How long is a PHD program in Canada? I will also like to know how easy it is to get a job(Telecomms and chemical engineering) in Canada and how to go about it. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eva Gichuru: Female Pilot Applauded For Landing Plane Safely Despite Bad Weather / Photos Of A Container Fall In Apapa Lagos, Perfectly Timed / Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.