Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,146 members, 7,957,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu (10596 Views)

Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu / My Dear President, Let Your People Go By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by SmartMugu: 11:14am On Sep 08, 2018
.the heading has nothing to do with the body. Where's the message in this writeup?

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 11:17am On Sep 08, 2018
I'm ready sir and I hope my other fellow youths are ready as well..

come rain, come sunshine by 2021 I would be showcasing what I have to offer for my constituency. by 2023 hopefully we will be on the track may God help me

efon alaaye constituency shall experience new innovations and implementation comes 2023
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by TheUbermensch: 11:19am On Sep 08, 2018
Of a truth Nigerian youths are just ranting.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 08, 2018
If we stop recycling old fools, they sure as hell will run.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Oluwaseyi456(m): 11:25am On Sep 08, 2018
When all d 2 teams governors re rushing d Senate's seat ,what can we do?
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by fkj950ax(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2018
Sorry I find this hypocritical.

1. This is someone actively campaigning for one of the dinosaurs that ran the country aground. Why not throw his weight behind one of these youths he sees ranting.

2. The 2nd paragraph shows the decadence his generation created by ensuring appointments isn't on merit, but who you know and who knows you.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by anayolity: 11:26am On Sep 08, 2018
WE ARE COWARDS WE ARE NOT READY FOR ANYTHING IN NIGERIA.... AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN YOUTH HAS SOLD HIS BIRTHRIGHT TO A POLITICIAN...

SUPERNATURAL ZOMBIE!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by anayolity: 11:29am On Sep 08, 2018
gaby:
Davido boy, why are you taunting and mocking us? Keep shaking the table.

Waiting for my learned mates to come give you a well-deserved rebuttal soon.

So, this is a quote I made at the end of my book in my siggy...

"By what time the battle is over and my time on earth is come to an end, I'd love to be remembered as one who saw, identified, believed in and fought for a cause that is just".

What cause have you taken upon you to see through folks...

Enjoy my siggy

You're just another useless Zombie... So painful that you even write books!!
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Sleekfingers: 11:29am On Sep 08, 2018
Oluwaseyi456:
When all d 2 teams governors re rushing d Senate's seat ,what can we do?

You can form your political party. Must it have to be under apc. Pdp. Apga etc

Power is not given, but taken.

In my own opinion. The youth are not ready.na to complain and type shit online
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by anayolity: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2018
gentlegenius:
Nigerian youths are ready... But only if old cargos like buhari will give way.

Sit trust me we are not ready a single bit..... We are the coldest , gullible youths in the whole world!
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by DTeekay(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2018
We are ready, even if we are not ready, we will learn on the job, Vote Fela Durotoye for President #FelaDurotoye2019 #AllianceForNewNigeria2019
SKYTREND:
Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu

Nigeria Columns By Dele Momodu 8th September, 2018: Fellow Nigerians, let me start on a personal note today by repeating a story you are probably familiar with. Anyone who has followed my trajectory a bit would have heard this story for the umpteenth time. I moved to Lagos from the ancient city of Ile-Ife in 1988 at the age of 28. I had spent most of my adult life in the historic township but suddenly reached a dead end when I could not even find a job of a teacher, with a Master’s degree in Literature-in-English. All my friends had something to do except me. It wasn’t that I was dull or lazy, but there was embargo on appointments and promotions in higher institutions at the time.

Let’s now fast forward. I started writing articles at the behest of my best friend, Prince Adedamola Aderemi, who was teaching Law at the Obafemi Awolowo University and my pieces soon ignited fire in the Sunday Tribune and The Guardian and I became known here and there. Due to joblessness, I was advised to try my luck elsewhere in Ibadan or Lagos. My preference was to work at The Guardian newspapers, but I couldn’t secure a job at Rutam House. I was then introduced by my late friend, Onukaba Adinoyi-Ojo to the Editor of African Concord magazine, Lewis Obi, who agreed to employ me instantly. But this is not the main story. The meat of it is that I was reluctant to work at Concord Group, which was owned by Chief Moshood Abiola. And my grouse was based totally on unsubstantiated stereotyping and false stories that ignited raw sentiment and foolish emotion in me.

Chief Abiola had been demonised by several powerful forces. His major offence was his opposition to Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s Presidential ambition in 1979, and the role played by the Concord media conglomerate in not supporting a man who was practically deified in Yorubaland. Abiola was thus seen to have committed heresy and had to be nailed to the cross. But by far the most potent and lethal attack came from the one and only irrepressible Fela Anikulapo Kuti, who produced and released a monster hit, International Thief Thief, in which he called Chief Abiola all manner of unprintable names. I still don’t have details of what led to their skirmishes. Of course, as a Fela devotee, we never saw anything good in Abiola thereafter, and we blocked our minds to ever liking a man who we were told was an oppressor, a religious fanatic and a looter of Nigeria’s wealth. We never bothered to crosscheck the facts or fiction but we believed everything hook, line and sinker. Truth was I secretly admired the man and wished I could be like him but hearsay made us dislike him. It was hunger that saved me from hating a man I did not know.

The first lesson I learnt was that hunger does not discriminate. There is a Yoruba saying that “when you are hungry enough, you will accept food from your enemy.” I was too hungry for a job to have a choice, so I accepted the Concord offer most reluctantly but with automatic alacrity. The second lesson came after I resumed work at Concord. Contrary to the rumour that Chief Abiola was a religious bigot, I discovered that he was too liberal to force his faith on anyone or group. He was totally detribalised and gave everyone his due. The closer I got to him, the more I gained insight into one of the greatest Nigerians that ever lived. I became a fan, and later his adopted son. I decided to join hands with others to rescue his battered reputation which were actually firmly rooted on the altar of politics and personal squabbles. It was such an uphill task because negative perception is often most difficult to change. But I thank God for the uncommon opportunity to come close to Chief Abiola, a rare privilege that made it possible for me to purge my mind and soul of acquired and accumulated bile.

Since then, I have remained on the side of caution and tolerance. Journalism has also taught me to mellow down my temperament in dealing with people. I have imbibed the legal aphorisms that you must always listen to the other side and that a man is innocent until proven guilty. Moreover, I have been able to differentiate between my routine job and my personal opinion. I realised that many journalists have failed, and still failing spectacularly, because they could not distinguish between the business of journalism and their personal sentiments. For example, journalists are seen and expected to be the lamb of God who take away the sins of the world while all other professions and careers are at liberty to do business with everyone, including saints and sinners. The fact that Thisday or Punch newspapers report government activities daily or transact business with different governments does not mean they can’t write opinions and editorials against the same government they had promoted or projected, if and when the government is misbehaving. It is the height of illiteracy, and hypocrisy, to treat the people you criticise as enemies and vice versa. The very essence of freedom of speech and democracy is to speak to power as a corrective measure and not as vendetta. Thereafter, you must let the music play on.

http://skytrendnews.com/2018/09/08/nigerian-youths-just-ranting-dele-momodu/
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Eagle777(m): 11:33am On Sep 08, 2018
Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu

Nigeria Columns By Dele Momodu 8th September, 2018: Fellow Nigerians, let me start on a personal note today by repeating a story you are probably familiar with. Anyone who has followed my trajectory a bit would have heard this story for the umpteenth time. I moved to Lagos from the ancient city of Ile-Ife in 1988 at the age of 28. I had spent most of my adult life in the historic township but suddenly reached a dead end when I could not even find a job of a teacher, with a Master’s degree in Literature-in-English. All my friends had something to do except me. It wasn’t that I was dull or lazy, but there was embargo on appointments and promotions in higher institutions at the time.

Let’s now fast forward. I started writing articles at the behest of my best friend, Prince Adedamola Aderemi, who was teaching Law at the Obafemi Awolowo University and my pieces soon ignited fire in the Sunday Tribune and The Guardian and I became known here and there. Due to joblessness, I was advised to try my luck elsewhere in Ibadan or Lagos. My preference was to work at The Guardian newspapers, but I couldn’t secure a job at Rutam House. I was then introduced by my late friend, Onukaba Adinoyi-Ojo to the Editor of African Concord magazine, Lewis Obi, who agreed to employ me instantly. But this is not the main story. The meat of it is that I was reluctant to work at Concord Group, which was owned by Chief Moshood Abiola. And my grouse was based totally on unsubstantiated stereotyping and false stories that ignited raw sentiment and foolish emotion in me.

Chief Abiola had been demonised by several powerful forces. His major offence was his opposition to Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s Presidential ambition in 1979, and the role played by the Concord media conglomerate in not supporting a man who was practically deified in Yorubaland. Abiola was thus seen to have committed heresy and had to be nailed to the cross. But by far the most potent and lethal attack came from the one and only irrepressible Fela Anikulapo Kuti, who produced and released a monster hit, International Thief Thief, in which he called Chief Abiola all manner of unprintable names. I still don’t have details of what led to their skirmishes. Of course, as a Fela devotee, we never saw anything good in Abiola thereafter, and we blocked our minds to ever liking a man who we were told was an oppressor, a religious fanatic and a looter of Nigeria’s wealth. We never bothered to crosscheck the facts or fiction but we believed everything hook, line and sinker. Truth was I secretly admired the man and wished I could be like him but hearsay made us dislike him. It was hunger that saved me from hating a man I did not know.

The first lesson I learnt was that hunger does not discriminate. There is a Yoruba saying that “when you are hungry enough, you will accept food from your enemy.” I was too hungry for a job to have a choice, so I accepted the Concord offer most reluctantly but with automatic alacrity. The second lesson came after I resumed work at Concord. Contrary to the rumour that Chief Abiola was a religious bigot, I discovered that he was too liberal to force his faith on anyone or group. He was totally detribalised and gave everyone his due. The closer I got to him, the more I gained insight into one of the greatest Nigerians that ever lived. I became a fan, and later his adopted son. I decided to join hands with others to rescue his battered reputation which were actually firmly rooted on the altar of politics and personal squabbles. It was such an uphill task because negative perception is often most difficult to change. But I thank God for the uncommon opportunity to come close to Chief Abiola, a rare privilege that made it possible for me to purge my mind and soul of acquired and accumulated bile.

Since then, I have remained on the side of caution and tolerance. Journalism has also taught me to mellow down my temperament in dealing with people. I have imbibed the legal aphorisms that you must always listen to the other side and that a man is innocent until proven guilty. Moreover, I have been able to differentiate between my routine job and my personal opinion. I realised that many journalists have failed, and still failing spectacularly, because they could not distinguish between the business of journalism and their personal sentiments. For example, journalists are seen and expected to be the lamb of God who take away the sins of the world while all other professions and careers are at liberty to do business with everyone, including saints and sinners. The fact that Thisday or Punch newspapers report government activities daily or transact business with different governments does not mean they can’t write opinions and editorials against the same government they had promoted or projected, if and when the government is misbehaving. It is the height of illiteracy, and hypocrisy, to treat the people you criticise as enemies and vice versa. The very essence of freedom of speech and democracy is to speak to power as a corrective measure and not as vendetta. Thereafter, you must let the music play on.

http://skytrendnews.com/2018/09/08/nigerian-youths-just-ranting-dele-momodu/

How does this write-up relates to the Nigerian youth's political ambitions? Kindly come out of the shell and stop feeding us with gibberish.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by gaby(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2018
anayolity:

You're just another useless Zombie... So painful that you even write books!!

Na real wa for wire road.

You no reach to waste the energy wey I take dey write on.

An irrevocable Curse is what I Decree and declare on you, yours and all that relates to you this morning and forever.

I might come back for you with a detailed prayer make no mistake, but just make do with this for now.

You never know who you dey quote. Go ask your papa about me...na me and am play monkey post that year.

I suffer dem no fools to thrive.

I grab 'em by the balls, squeeze and snuff dem outta their misery of living with the sane minds.

May ogun wipe you off the face of the earth.

Now run along and be happy that I replied to your vitriol.

Abi na Bob Dee be dis? If na him no vex oo na the way you take pass the ball to me I take cross am wey e enter throw-in.
Go enjoy my siggy
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by anayolity: 11:39am On Sep 08, 2018
gaby:

Na real wa for wire road.

You no reach to waste the energy wey I take dey write on.

An irrevocable Curse is what I Decree and declare on you, yours and all that relates to you this morning and forever.

I might come back for you with a detailed prayer no mistake, but just make do with this for now.

You never know who you dey quote. Go ask your papa about me...na me and am play monkey post that year.

I suffer dem no fools to thrive.

I grab 'em by the balls and squeeze snuff dem outta their misery of living with the sane minds.

May ogun wipe you off the face of the earth.

Now run along and be happy that I replied to your vitriol.

Go enjoy my siggy

One of the foolish youth I was talking about!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by tolexy007(m): 11:39am On Sep 08, 2018
even the youths are not ready to support their fellow youth..
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Dianalizzy231: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2018
Apc will be the first party to produce youth president.i bet with anybody if you can afford #10m
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2018
gentlegenius:
If Nigerian youths are waiting for the Old cargos to give way, then they are not ready yet.

what they need to do is to take power BYFORCE! from the old cargos.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by King44(m): 11:54am On Sep 08, 2018
Abeg what was the title of this article again?, the op just deceived us into reading dele's biography, this is a complete waste of my time olohun

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by photoshoot(m): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2018
SmartMugu:
.the heading has nothing to do with the body. Where's the message in this writeup?

is it just that? even the message let's assume has an heading rhyming with it, what is the message passing itself? I had to reread the article to see what those on frontpage commented on, clear signs that we are very lazy in Nigeria, I can categorically say none of them read the message.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 08, 2018
Dianalizzy231:
Apc will be the first party to produce youth president.i bet with anybody if you can afford #10m
how youthful is youth? 50 years old? or less?
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2018
tolexy007:
even the youths are not ready to support their fellow youth..
True, youths needs to take power byforce with the support of youths.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
I think the youths are not Really Really Ready, they are just ranting.

If truely they are ready, They need a Total RED REVOLUTION!

They don't need to Run in any elections.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Sheriman(m): 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
Sir you are the One ranting!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
gentlegenius:

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Shikena(m): 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
We are just ranting! Simple.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Adakintroy: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nigeria youth can't lead. I mean they don't lead.

They still think davido and wuzkid are good enough role models.

Those kind of thinkers don't make the cut for leaders.

I mean that nicely.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by wildchild1: 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
100Million ₦ question

Check my signature for world cup and 2018/2019 club jerseys.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by bimgo: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
God will judge all the bad leaders in NIGERIA. Only Buhari 45million naira form alone is enough for me to forget about this country.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by Ugosample(m): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
gentlegenius:

what you said proves that the youths indeed are not ready

those already there will not give way
they MUST BE DISLODGED
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by gaby(m): 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
anayolity:

One of the foolish youth I was talking about!!!

Well, my good hunch is telling me you are indeed Bob Dee, if yes, I am deeply and sincerely apologetic for my outlash to your initial submission.

You probably misread me. Had the Davidos song playing in my head while I wrote, hence the text you read.

Never been and will never be in my character to talk back at or insult the elders.

But if my hunches be wrong and you ain't Bob Dee, my initial prayers for you is doubled, remains and very potent.
Re: Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu by opribo(m): 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
No one cares about the history of his life. Next time just say what you want to say and save us the long epistle.

I could not even understand the subject matter after the long writeup but if it is an attempt or an attempted approach to say Bubu should be seen like Abiola that is a resounding lie that is dead on arrival. Bubu MUST go, Bubu just have to gerraway from Aso rock in 2019 and stop wasting our precious time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2020 Budget: Buhari Presides Over Extraordinary FEC Meeting / LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye / Reps In Closed-Door Meeting With Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.