Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,749 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate (45125 Views)

Adekunle Akinlade Rejects Ogun Governorship Election Result, Allege Manipulation / Amosun And Adekunle Akinlade Meet Buhari (Photos) / Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade: Amosun’s Preferred Ogun APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by faorex(m): 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ogun 2019 belongs to GNI...

The whole Ogun is screaming GNI..

The only place Triple A has a chance is in the Yewa and only the yewa people can't singlehandedly produce a governor.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by Hotfreeze: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
Tobimillar1:
This people are taking ijebu axis for a fool. We are watching

Which axis produced Daniel?

Greedy people.

7 Likes

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by ebenezerolaiwola(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2018
Tobimillar1:
. Are you dead between 2003 & 2011? you people have used your chance during Gbenga Daniel

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by oloriLFC(f): 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
wink2015:

SEGUN ODEGBAMI WILL BEAT HIM IN THE COMING OGUN STATE GUBANATORIAL ELECTION

Do not ask me whY shocked
Odegbami should goan apply for NFF presidency jare
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by nokatakata: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2018
I think some people have mental problems. I can see them already turning the thread to a religious thread. Muslim/christian yen yen yen.... What has religion got to do with serving the people. What difference has it made whether it was a christian or muslim that was governor in any state? did it stop them from stealing money? did their religion made them do the right thing for the masses?

Well this man is a young gentle man and I think and believe he'll be able to deliver. Since you people have been shouting not too young to rule, they have given a young man the opportunity, but some people want to turn into religious nonsense. We need more young people like this man and the cross river state governor. Enough of old foolis.h useless men with no common sense.

4 Likes

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by senatordave1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2018
Tobimillar1:

let me "school" you in history a bit.
You see, now we have three senatorial zones. It wasn't always like that. Before now we have two. The ijebu's and the egbas. What is now known as yewa, was originally called egbado. Which was part of the egba's. But for mischief they created a third division from the egba's and called it yewa. So now we have three divisions. But politically in ogun state, we know it's two divisions. So when we returned to democracy in 1999, we elected olusegun osoba as the governor. He is an egba man from abeokuta. And after him, gbenga Daniel an ijebu man from omu (some of us have reservations about that, but thats another story entirely) had his time. After Daniel, it was the turn of the egba's (either egba or egbado which is now yewa) . And you would have expected the egba's (Inclusive of yewa) to bring someone from egbado as governorship candidate. But No, they didn't do that which is none of our business here in ijebu. So they brought out ibikunle amosun an egba man . Now it's the turn of the ijebu's. We can either bring someone from ijebu ode, ijebu waterside, ijebu north, anywhere , as long as its ijebu and that shouldn't concern the egba's. same way it didn't concern us when they brought out amosun, when they could have brought somebody from egbado. Do u understand now
Well,now most states zone guber posts according to their three senatorial zones.ogun cannot be left out.from 1999 to 2003,osoba has taken the turn of ogun cental(egbas).from 2003-2011,daniels has taken the turn of the east.hes actually a remo man,the minority subtribe in ogun east with 3 lgas.the ijebus have 6 lgas.amosun from 2011 has taken the turn of the egbas again.
Its now the turn of ogun east dominated by the yewa/aworis with 5 lgas.it was denied them in 2011.by 2027 when the guber post shifts to ogun east again,the ijebus who are the majority in ogun east will take it naturally.the ijebus cannot have it now.pdp candidate will likely be adebutu a remo man from ikenne lga while senator kashamu will likely decamp to another party and get the ticket.both will divide ogun east votes

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by oloriLFC(f): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2018
Tekecoms1:

Yayi kor, Kayi ni. LOL
You mean stop it? grin
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by senatordave1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2018
faorex:

The only place Triple A has a chance is in the Yewa and only the yewa people can't singlehandedly produce a governor.
You lie.yewa people will vote more for GNI while the egbas will deliver for triple A
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by Zeem8: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
nice
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by olasco2035: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
Alhamdulillah he is a Muslim......omo Ogun iseya omo odede ti dee..ise oluwa ntesiwaju

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by jayson87: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
Tobimillar1:
We are watching them in 4D. They think we are stupid, to think Dayo Adeneye also showed support for that guy makes me sick to my stomach
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by lenghtinny(m): 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
Omofunaab2:

You guys had your chance between 2003-2011... Let's give the Yewas too a chance

For your mind angry

Yewas should face Amosun that hijacked their opportunity in 2011 instead. Why didn't Amosun give them a chance back then?

What makes me happy the most is the fact that each senatorial district is independent of each other and we don't usually practice follow follow politics unlike Lagos. One man can't just seat and decide for the whole state when it's time and when it's not.

With an unpopular apc candidate from yewa makes it even more easier to usurp the throne.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by tolu24(m): 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
APC Islamic party.

South West Christians have gone to sleep.

Islam is now ruling.

Shame
Fashola a Muslim hand over to ambode a Christian
Fayemi and his deputy are both Christian
Ajimobi a Muslim will hand over to a Christian in Oyo state @ Joseph olasunkami tegbe

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by babington91(m): 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
Can this Aketi look alike defeat GNI?
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
babajide261:
APC Islamic party.
Islam is now ruling.
ShameS
You are one of the problem we have in Nigeria. Southwest has produced more governors that are Christians.
In Ondo state no Muslims has ever emerged has the governor, same in Ekiti state. In Ekiti state, the Governor/Deputy Governor are Christians, you will never see Muslims wailing. Osun state has produced only 1 Muslim governor since 1999, Bisi Akande and Olagunsoye Oyinlola are Christians even their deputies then are Christians.
We don't want people like you that will divide us by religion in Southwest geopolitical zone. Nonsense!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by Connamotors: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
Mr governor pls remember Oke aro road.....we are suffering.....I just wish Lagos state will buy off the rights of Oke aro.
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by lenghtinny(m): 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
senatordave1:

You lie.yewa people will vote more for GNI while the egbas will deliver for triple A

It seems you don't understand ogun politics. The triple whatever is not popular in his Yewa axis not to talk of egbas. Egbas are neutral in this case and they got nothing to lose. Don't think they will come out massively to vote for someone that's unknown.

The joker lies in the east and this side is known to be anti-apc. Amosun should better start oiling his rigging machine or his downfall will be much worse than Daniel's in 2011.

Quote me for future reference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2018
LibertyRep:
As it stands, he doubles as the Governor's adopted candidate as well as the consensus candidate of Yewa Elders.

It is not right to refer to him as the APC's candidate yet until the Ijebu-Remo Axis of the APC backs down, otherwise he might still need to slug it out with other aspirants at the primary.

He seems young and I think should be given a chance provided he's competent.

what of you, are you not competent?
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by Mobash(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
APC Islamic party.

Islam is now ruling.

Shame

PDP Christian party

South West Muslims have gone to sleep

Christianity is now ruling...

Fool undecided

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by Dee1murphy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

Yayi is not from Ogun State. He belongs to Lagos. He should go back there.

Yayi is not from Lagos State, he was only been given opportunity which he already misused and one can't eat his /her cake and still have it.
He should go back to Ogun state... Lagosians doesn't want Yayi again.
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by akdjr(m): 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nobody should vote for Falake in Lagos state. He. Should go to kogi.
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by omoelerin1: 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
EsotericMonk:
I'm sorry for reading too much into this but there is something with APC and their candidates. Whenever they have a chance to pick a Muslim, be rest assured that the Muslim would be picked as governor.

The few exceptions in which SW elective positions of note have gone to a Christian, it was one in which they either had no choice or their hands were tied.

This is my personal observation, don't coman tell me how an insignificant Ward councilor position or deputy governor position was given to a Christian.
We don't have problem about one's religious view.
Go and look for a job.

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by superstar3: 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
4dor:

Any hope for Yayi?

Who is Yayi? We don't know him in Ogun state.
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by Rashdimuh(m): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
Jarus:

Cry me a river.

SW has 6 states. Muslims have 3, Christians 3.

If this guy replaces Amosun, and that Osun guy replaces, Aregbe, the equation has not changed as Akeredolu, Ambode and Fayemi are still Christians.

In fact, for that reason, Ajimobi should pick a Muslim so Muslims can still have 3/6. This is just for argument purpose (by this commenter's cry), I dont care who Ajimobi picks.

This Ogun state you are crying about has had 4 civilian governors (Onabanjo, Osoba, Gbenga Daniel and Amosun), Amosun is the first and only Muslim. All other 3 are Christians. If this guy wins, he will only be the second Muslim.

In the history of SW, more Christians have been governors than Muslims. Go check your facts.

Reasoning like yours are very unfortunate.

You get sense brother mi, but as it stands now Ajimobi favoured son is likely to be Tegbe who was is Economic adviser for more than 6 years and he is a Christian Joseph Tegbe, I think he owns KPMG

5 Likes

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by omoelerin1: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
Tobimillar1:
Is the past gov not an ijebu?
No one from yewa egbado area has ever be the governor of the state since its creation...

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
lenghtinny:

It seems you don't understand ogun politics. The triple whatever is not popular in his Yewa axis not to talk of egbas. Egbas are neutral in this case and they got nothing to lose. Don't think they will come out massively to vote for someone that's unknown.

The joker lies in the east and this side is known to be anti-apc. Amosun should better start oiling his rigging machine or his downfall will be much worse than Daniel's in 2011.

Quote me for future reference.

First, what I like about this guy is the fact that he's young, 49; It's a plus for APC.

Second, to your point that Egbas are nuetral in this project. Bro, you may be wrong in this assumption. Egbas can't jettison the likely benefits accruable if Akinlade emerges. Amosun has set the pace...and these ppl have had a taste of it - they want more of it!

Amosun has really done enough to win their trust of course, so? And as it stands, Amosun remains a powerbroker in the central (if not the entire state). Where he goes, majority follow. He has the marchinaries in place. Ijebus/East are the nuetral ones now and power of imcubency is usually something plusable in politic.

4 Likes

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by deji17: 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
EsotericMonk:
I'm sorry for reading too much into this but there is something with APC and their candidates. Whenever they have a chance to pick a Muslim, be rest assured that the Muslim would be picked as governor.

The few exceptions in which SW elective positions of note have gone to a Christian, it was one in which they either had no choice or their hands were tied.

This is my personal observation, don't coman tell me how an insignificant Ward councilor position or deputy governor position was given to a Christian.

Busy body Igbo man. How many Muslims have you elected as Governors in your red mud states? You no dey ever mind your business.

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by fyneguy: 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2018
Seadogs are taking over
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by blazer2018: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
faorex:

grin grin grin

Though i am not God, and i have only one vote...but go and write it down...GNI can't win in 2019...When GMI had everything at his beck and call (Federal financial support and even had heavy weights supporting him)he failed...is it now that d stingy OBJ is supporting him that he will now win?As we all know...OBJ himself used to struggle to get votes for himself in Ogun when he was in power.

He's going to win Only Imeko/Afon LG and maybe have a strong outing in Yewa North. The rest is over d bar.

5 Likes

Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by fyneguy: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
Jarus:

Cry me a river.

SW has 6 states. Muslims have 3, Christians 3.

If this guy replaces Amosun, and that Osun guy replaces, Aregbe, the equation has not changed as Akeredolu, Ambode and Fayemi are still Christians.

In fact, for that reason, Ajimobi should pick a Muslim so Muslims can still have 3/6. This is just for argument purpose (by this commenter's cry), I dont care who Ajimobi picks.

This Ogun state you are crying about has had 4 civilian governors (Onabanjo, Osoba, Gbenga Daniel and Amosun), Amosun is the first and only Muslim. All other 3 are Christians. If this guy wins, he will only be the second Muslim.

In the history of SW, more Christians have been governors than Muslims. Go check your facts.

Reasoning like yours are very unfortunate.

Is Tegbe a Muslim?
Re: Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate by omoelerin1: 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2018
lagosrd:
It beats my imagination how and why we allow politicians to select people who we don't know and we may not want to lead us just because of one useless follow follow party loyalty. Can't we think again in this country? Well the sky is coming down , everyone is involved. Another 4yrs leading us to the unknown
Have your PVC vote whoever pleases you.
Your politicians have one vote each.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"If I do not see the Yahaya Bello case to the end, I will resign" - Olukoyede / Nigerians Must Go - South Africans Say On Facebook (Screenshots) / Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.