Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. (2817 Views)

Ex Beauty Queen, Anna Ebiere Shows Off Her Super Trim Post Baby Bod / Who Are The Top Ten Most Beautiful Ghollywood/Ghanian Actresses To You? / ~Ex-Beauty Queen Adaeze Igwe looks Like Rihanna . . .~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by pckid: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2010
http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/07/ghanian-beauty-queen-steals-cell-phone/

Nasara whose real name is Mariam Abdul Rauf was winner of the 2009 edition of Ghana’s Most Beautiful beauty pageant. The Ghanaian media is awashed with reports that she stole a cell phone. She was stripped off her crown for allegedly stealing a cell phone that belonged to a fellow contestant at the Miss Earth 2010 that was held in Philippines.

The beauty queen has expressed her disappointment to the organizers of the pageant, TV3 Network accusing them of stabbing her in the back. She claims she had wanted to sue the newspaper New Fylla who broke the story but the organizers asked her to halt it only to release a press statement even after banning her from speaking to any media house about it in addition to never hearing her side of the story. “They didn’t call me to say my side. I saw it on facebook that my crown has been taken from me. I am very surprised, because TV3 have stabbed me in the back”, Nasara disclosed.

They only got across to her after the statement for a meeting which she declined – she would be passing her crown to the first runner up but she would keep the car and cash prize but,
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by naijatoday: 1:26am On Jul 02, 2010
What is her side of the story
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by PokerFace(f): 1:39am On Jul 02, 2010
naijatoday:

What is her side of the story

Embattled beauty queen Nasara, (real name Mariam Abdul Rauf) winner of “Ghana’s Most Beautiful” 2009 pageant who has been stripped off her crown for allegedly stealing a mobile phone belonging to a fellow contestant Miss UK at the Miss Earth 2010, held in the Philippines, has made some revelation in an exclusive interview.

Nasara who spoke with so much emotion, said TV3 Network, producers of “Ghana’s Most Beautiful” pageant who gave her the crown, the fame and all that comes with it have stabbed her in the back. According to her, when the “New Fylla” first brought out the story that she had stolen a phone, she spoke to her lawyers who were preparing to sue the paper for defaming her, but TV3 told her to put everything she was doing on hold.

“They said I shouldn’t go out or talk to any media house about the issue”, so she asked her lawyers to hold on, only to see a press release on the internet that her crown has been taken from her. She said TV3 never gave her an opportunity to listen to her side of the story “I don’t know why TV3 have done this. They didn’t call me to say my side. I saw it on facebook that my crown has been taken from me. I am very surprised, because TV3 have stabbed me in the back”, Nasara disclosed.

She added that Felix Odonto of TV3 Brands Department, called to meet her on Monday after they released a press statement, but she doesn’t intend to see him because the harm has already been done. Nasara who still has in her possession her crown, the car and cash prize, said as far as she was concerned she is still ‘Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2009’ because TV3 has still not told her anything, and they can’t base their on a false newspaper report.

She said, according to the press statement signed by the CEO of TV3 Ahmed Zaidi “She was involved in a phone theft in UK but that is not true because she has never even been to the UK.

TV3’s press statement also states that only her “crown will be taken away from her, but “she will retain all the prizes she received for winning the pageant, including the car”. But Nasara told peacefmonline.com that, that wouldn’t be necessary.

“If TV3 is taking the crown based on this absolutely false story, then they should as well take everything, the crown comes with the car, the Gh¢2000 cash prize and everything because there is no point having the car without the crown or anything else”, she emphasized.

Asked about the alleged stolen phone, she said “I am not going to ask any human being on earth to believe or not to believe me. This is between me and my God, and God knows that I have never stolen anybody’s phone, and I’m ok with that.

It is a big lie. I used Miss UK’s phone, she was angry because she said I over used it; I returned the phone and paid for it. Anybody who believes me, will believes me; what I will say will not change anything. It is just wrong information”.

Nasara who seemed a bit confused as to what to do next, because TV3 has betrayed her, said she was seeking legal advice for the next action to
take but she believes the God who gave her ‘Ghana’s Most Beautiful’ crown will see her through.
http://news1.ghananation.com/news/6377-tv3-stabbed-me-in-the-back–-nasara.html

Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by dominique(f): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2010
pretty darn shame sad. na so e bad reach for her? see the wowo thing sef tongue
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by NgoziEli: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2010
don't mind dem jare, ur God wil see u through.
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by jcross19: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2010
if that could be the most beautiful lady in ghana wow that means ghanians are bunchs of apes
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by whiteroses(f): 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2010
jcross19:

if that could be the most beautiful lady in ghana wow that means ghanians are bunchs of apes
actually they are usually pretty this one is just a one off
shame on her , i can imagine her mum saying naadede! all your stealling days has finally catch up with you pscheww
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by whiteroses(f): 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
update its a setup she mite not be a thief after all, turns out she has never even visited the counrty where she allegedly stole the phone before but she could be lieing so i dont know
http://news.myjoyonline.com/entertainment/201006/48492.asp

Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by mamagee3(f): 11:24pm On Jul 02, 2010
She might be a beauty queen but she's classless. . .

Stealing a cell phone in 2010 is way too classless.
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by chibaby5(f): 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2010
Shez a big ODE angry angry angry datz if da story's true nwayz undecided
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by MeGaStReEt: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2010
I blame the Ghanaian girl for this shame, why cant she buy her own credit, someone gave you her phone and you OVERUSED the credit, you are supposed to be miss ghana for peagant sake!
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by adaphik(f): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

I blame the Ghanaian girl for this shame, why cant she buy her own credit, someone gave you her phone and you OVERUSED the credit, you are supposed to be miss ghana for peagant sake!
No be small tin oooh. Why she no get her own phone? n y did she hv to OVERUSE anoda persons own? na she cause am.
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

Abeg jor. She paid backt the credit, so where is the problem?
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by whiteroses(f): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2010
this girl is misunderstood, its happened to me before when you do something and you are neccesarily not right but people blow it out of proportion, she really hasnt done much wrong but you know how juicy this is for the media. i'm sure she owns a v.nice fone
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by anitabest(f): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2010
O what a pity thief like this lady.
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by krystalo: 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2010
Nasara is my frnd,dis whole story is bullshit!she did not steal dat bitch's fone, honestly wat she xplained is d truth, haba nasara cannot steal,its a misunderstandin.
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by krystalo: 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2010
Honestly guys dis is not true, I never blved dis gist from d begining.
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by MrAnus: 8:10am On Jul 14, 2010
PRETTY BABE. WILL 4GIVE HER IF SHE GET HEAVY NYANSH
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by clemcykul(f): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2010
she is not da first to steal handset lol

grin
Re: Ghanian Beauty Queen Steals Cell Phone. by MrAnus: 8:01am On Jul 16, 2010
Ghana people are thieves anyways

(1) (Reply)

Oh! Singer Tiwa Savage Gushes Over Husband Teebillz's Gift To Her (photo) / The Girl Who May Have The Largest Tongue In The World (photos) / “tiwa Savage, Where Is Your Baby?” Comedian Baba De Baba Slams Tiwa & Hubby….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.