Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun (21485 Views)

Nine Ministers Seeking Elective Positions Resign / Ibikunle Amosun Picks APC Presidential Nomination Form (Pictures) / Buhari Expresses Sadness As APC Loses 50 Elective Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by edupedia: 9:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
FastShipping:
APC is now a cult. Amosun is greedy and wicked.

APC stinks! I'm not a PDP fan either. Both parties are bad.

....so what?... all govs whether PDP or APC do the same....
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by dingbang(m): 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
amaniro:

you and first bank
bia covenant university student, go and read ya book
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by amaniro: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
dingbang:
bia covenant university student, go and read ya book

I graduated there 2015undecided
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by AngelicBeing: 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2018
FastShipping:

Hahaha, Apc and PDP are both useless, they both deserve to be flogged out of office and dumped into the sea to be eaten by sharks, nonsense shocked

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by MayorofLagos(m): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
seunmsg:
I am not comfortable with this consensus method of choosing party candidates. Why can't party members elect the candidates of their choice through an open and transparent manner? How will democracy grow in the country when some few cabals will seat somewhere, decide on the party candidates and tell other aspirants to go to hell? Consensus at party level is undemocratic and should be discouraged.

The bold is what Tinubu is championing but he cannot do it alone. There are more people against it than there are for it. State Governors are typically the head of Party structure for the States. So they ended up giving states choice to make direct or indirect as it suits them. Even though what Tinubu proposes is a good thing for the country overall, regardless of what party is ruling, well, he has been under attack by wailers. It is no surprise when we say we end up with the leaders we deserve, brutal and inconsiderate....because when voice of reason speak, we respond emotionally and attack their ideas.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by AngelicBeing: 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
bedspread:
In other words APC in ogun state is Amosun..

If it happens that APC clinches all the positions, it simply means ogun state is in Amosun's Agbada pocket!!

And you say APC is not a Cult

Tinubu in Lagos
ROCHAS in Imo
Amosun in Ogun
Oshimole in Edo
All APC....
Chai

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by sowore2019: 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
Another reason we need to support Sowore's TakeItback movement, a new order is needed to move Nigeria forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by seunmsg(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

When it comes to APC you always select your words, but if it were to be PDP you for blow grammar and quote sections undecided

I condemn corruption and undemocratic practices irrespective of the political party involved.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Badonasty(m): 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2018
Bilaludeen:

Consensus candidates who will be contesting for all the 40 elective positions on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) ahead of 2019 general elections in Ogun State have emerged, outgoing Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun disclosed on Saturday.

The positions are, governor and deputy, three senate seats, nine House of Representatives and 26 State House Assembly slots.

Amosun dropped the hint at the ongoing meeting at the Government House, Abeokuta, with a view to pacifying aggrieved party leaders and aspirants from Ogun East and Ogun West Zones.

This followed adoption of a member representing Egbado South and Ipokia Federal Constituency, Adekunle Akinlade as the APC consensus candidate for governorship election.

The current Commissioner of Agriculture, Mrs Adepeju Adebajo, from Ogun East Senatorial District, has emerged as Akinlade’s running-mate.

Amosun while speaking at the meeting, promised to release full list of consensus candidates for all the 40 elective positions on Monday.
http://surecontents..com/2018/09/amosun-picks-candidates-for-40-elective.html

This is madness
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
Badonasty:

This is madness

Madness you say?
Maybe undecided
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by babington91(m): 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
Afoo for rep
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by gurunlocker: 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
My dear zombies, now tell me what APC is doing differently from PDP.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
Amosun is a fraud. He cannot go away with this. Ijebus will fight him.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
The same way Amaechi brought his business partner in Lagos Tonye Cole to come and displace party men like Magnus Abe that is on ground. Let me see how they want to transform him to a world class errand boy as they boast every day that the results are already written.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by haryorbarmie83(m): 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2018
Thank God I have collected my pvc.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by prudenttv001: 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2018

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Belmot(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
Bilaludeen:

Consensus candidates who will be contesting for all the 40 elective positions on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) ahead of 2019 general elections in Ogun State have emerged, outgoing Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun disclosed on Saturday.

The positions are, governor and deputy, three senate seats, nine House of Representatives and 26 State House Assembly slots.

Amosun dropped the hint at the ongoing meeting at the Government House, Abeokuta, with a view to pacifying aggrieved party leaders and aspirants from Ogun East and Ogun West Zones.

This followed adoption of a member representing Egbado South and Ipokia Federal Constituency, Adekunle Akinlade as the APC consensus candidate for governorship election.

The current Commissioner of Agriculture, Mrs Adepeju Adebajo, from Ogun East Senatorial District, has emerged as Akinlade’s running-mate.

Amosun while speaking at the meeting, promised to release full list of consensus candidates for all the 40 elective positions on Monday.
http://surecontents..com/2018/09/amosun-picks-candidates-for-40-elective.html
Bloggers una weldone oooo.... election is coming, all manner of nonsense stories will keep coming.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by mechanics(m): 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
He's going against what the NEC told the state executive council to do.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Buharimustgo: 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
seunmsg:
I am not comfortable with this consensus method of choosing party candidates. Why can't party members elect the candidates of their choice through an open and transparent manner? How will democracy grow in the country when some few cabals will seat somewhere, decide on the party candidates and tell other aspirants to go to hell? Consensus at party level is undemocratic and should be discouraged.

Why are u not comfortable? Enjoy the monster you helped nurtured.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by RexTramadol1: 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ogbologbo man
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by lenghtinny(m): 10:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
It's so funny that this was same Amosun that was shown serious pepper in 2007...

He's now turned into a power drunk monster that allocate elective positions like a budget... He will definitely be consumed by the power that's intoxicating him angry
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by hush15: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
seunmsg:

thats right, its undemocratic but thats what tinubu has been foisting on lagosians. Amosun is just trying to replicate same.

i wonder why it bothers you or your type cos the people you support dont really care about democracy, so why the fuss

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by jesmond3945: 11:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nigerians problem started when we copied the Americans. American system of government, American movies, American dressing style, American music till tuface changed that infact everything. That's our bane.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
sodiqapril:
the curses this Amosun nigga will receive when he leaves will be enough to serve every living thing on Earth twice...he demolished a lot of houses so he could build roads but all we have now are just abandoned projects causing road users serious headaches. he wasted a lot of money building ultramodern shopping centers around Abeokuta that no one can afford..drive around ABk and you see beautiful buildings wasting away,no one to occupy them...it shows how bad Nigeria is that with all these Amosun seems a thousand better than predecessor, Gbenga Daniel.

Exactly. Imagine the revenue that would come to Ogun State if half of the infrastructures are strategically placed at Agbára, Mowe, Ibafo, Akute, Ajuwon, Ojodu, Iju, Àgbàdo, Sango.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2018
hush15:

thats right, its undemocratic but thats what tinubu has been foisting on lagosians. Amosun is just trying to replicate same.

i wonder why it bothers you or your type cos the people you support dont really care about democracy, so why the fuss

This is not what happened in Lagos. Tinubu does not practice this in Lagos. Only IBOs who don't know what is happening think otherwise. They don't even need to know.

No governor of Lagos has ever contested Senatorial election after second term. Direct primary has been what Tinubu is championing. Lagos being a complex & populous state with Tinubu as a founder of ACN & visioner of the modern Lagos from the dark days of military when Lagos was abandoned to democratic regime of Obj when he termed Lagos a jungle & Atlantic Ocean threatening the Lagos Island with major businesses relocating out of Lagos to this era when Lagos is moving to become the 3rd largest economy in Africa, it is important that people coming onboard must align with the vision. Despite various shortcomings associated with Lagos due to large political size & few Federal positions, candidates are made to pass through delegates. Barrister Supo Sasore (SAN) & Ambode went through primary for 2015 election. I am yet to see a 3rd term Senator in Lagos except I am not aware.

Amosun is not the founder of ACN & has no vision for Ogun State or APC as a party. He is only after his pocket. The only vision he has is to change our towns to villages. A visit to inner Sagamu, Ode - lemo & Alagbole/Akute/Lambe will convince you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Nasir123(m): 12:16am On Sep 09, 2018
FastShipping:

How true is this story?
I doubt.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Nasir123(m): 12:23am On Sep 09, 2018
seunmsg:

You are absolutely right.

Incase other opposition ( not PDP) parties don't know what to do, I suggest they mobilize the people at the grass root,conduct a direct party primaies couple with some other democratic process,and see if APC wount be diffited.

Politics should be played, not the other way round.
It is easy to diffit APC today only if other opposition parties understand real politics.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Minjim: 3:02am On Sep 09, 2018
When you dont involve the ppl in choosing their representatives, its a recipe for failure.

You call ppltogether in a hall and start askng those who didnt want a partícular aspirant to stand up. So that you can victimize them?
They wont complain there , but theyll complain later.
The party had saíd any where there is no agreement, Direct Primaries takes over
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Minjim: 3:07am On Sep 09, 2018
jesmond3945:
Nigerians problem started when we copied the Americans. American system of government, American movies, American dressing style, American music till tuface changed that infact everything. That's our bane.

Tuface ke

Where did you pút Fela and King Sunny Ade, just to mention a few?
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by SojiCash(m): 3:40am On Sep 09, 2018
Can you now see The greediness in this man ..I am disappointed
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by kennsville(m): 4:21am On Sep 09, 2018
iammo:
40 stooges, Amosun completely wants to pocket Ogun state,

One thing he fails to understand is that he or any ou6 going governor can't pocket a state in nigeria cos the next government w i 'll Love to be emperor over all and Won't dance to his tune ending with a fight and he being sidelined.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by BraveDeltan(m): 6:40am On Sep 09, 2018
Amosun is a scam, now his influencing his men to take over strategic positions in the state. This guy has sworn not to deliver on road projects in the state.... SMH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Called ‘Dustbin Lady’ – Amina Mohammed Reveals Why / Nigeria-Niger Mega Rail Project Threatened, Over 1,000 Trucks Trapped / Legislative Violence (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.