Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun (21501 Views)

Nine Ministers Seeking Elective Positions Resign / Ibikunle Amosun Picks APC Presidential Nomination Form (Pictures) / Buhari Expresses Sadness As APC Loses 50 Elective Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by jesmond3945: 7:37am On Sep 09, 2018
Minjim:

Tuface ke

Where did you pút Fela and King Sunny Ade, just to mention a few?
remember in 2000 when American music reigned supreme, when people wore timberland boots, when 50 cent was reigning and all the clubs played American music immediately African queen came boom there was a revolution. The people you mentioned only catered for the elderly generations who also played American music by the way. I am talking about the millenial generation.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by hush15: 9:28am On Sep 09, 2018
babaolofin:

This is not what happened in Lagos. Tinubu does not practice this in Lagos. Only IBOs who don't know what is happening think otherwise. They don't even need to know.

No governor of Lagos has ever contested Senatorial election after second term. Direct primary has been what Tinubu is championing. Lagos being a complex & populous state with Tinubu as a founder of ACN & visioner of the modern Lagos from the dark days of military when Lagos was abandoned to democratic regime of Obj when he termed Lagos a jungle & Atlantic Ocean threatening the Lagos Island with major businesses relocating out of Lagos to this era when Lagos is moving to become the 3rd largest economy in Africa, it is important that people coming onboard must align with the vision. Despite various shortcomings associated with Lagos due to large political size & few Federal positions, candidates are made to pass through delegates. Barrister Supo Sasore (SAN) & Ambode went through primary for 2015 election. I am yet to see a 3rd term Senator in Lagos except I am not aware.

Amosun is not the founder of ACN & has no vision for Ogun State or APC as a party. He is only after his pocket. The only vision he has is to change our towns to villages. A visit to inner Sagamu, Ode - lemo & Alagbole/Akute/Lambe will convince you.

na wa o. na me you write all these english for? i really appreciate it o but i must admit you dont know anything about lagos politics.

For the records, am not ibo. am a full blooded lagosian from Epe and trust me when i say you know nothing about tinubu. Tinubu doesnt and isn't championing any direct primaries within Lagos but outside, why? thats the only way for him to penetrate existing structures in other states who have rebellious governors and ogun state is no exception. Point blank, you cant tell me about tinubu cos i have close relatives who are his close associates. he has been picking candidates for lagos from councillors to governors. Some just decided to show their worth, hence why we lived with but all in all, he aint no democrat. No one single bit. he is overbearing and greedy. I dont want to reveal so much because i know gullibles won't see beyond his gimmicks and his saving grace is his generosity to extreme loyalist but that doesnt mean he gives a shit about democracy or lagosians. All na time, a friend always say. Lagosians will know the truth one day.

Also for the records, after obasanjo, tinubu would probably be the richest nigerian. Any governor of Lagos doesnt need the senate seat . what does he want to go and do there, he already has the financial muscle of the country and counting, going for senate will be belittling to the likes of tinubu and thats why he has his wife and other deep loyalist there or you dont know how close Ashafa, Adeola and his wife are? for the records, his wife is doing the third if not 4th sef.

you dont know him like i do but its a free world. he can be your mentor but to me, he is just a greedy callous human being whose quest for power is insatiable.
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by GeeKlasic(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2018
I swear, Gboyega Nasir Isiaka (GNI) is the best option for Ogun State.....
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Firefire(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2018
FastShipping:
APC is now a cult. Amosun is greedy and wicked.

APC stinks! I'm not a PDP fan either. Both parties are bad.

APC till 2050! grin

1 Like

Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by Follygunners: 5:42am On Sep 10, 2018
miracle956:
Nice move

Thunder fire you, I swear! angry
Re: Amosun Picks Candidates For 40 Elective Positions In Ogun by hush15: 10:11am On Sep 12, 2018
babaolofin:

This is not what happened in Lagos. Tinubu does not practice this in Lagos. Only IBOs who don't know what is happening think otherwise. They don't even need to know.

No governor of Lagos has ever contested Senatorial election after second term. Direct primary has been what Tinubu is championing. Lagos being a complex & populous state with Tinubu as a founder of ACN & visioner of the modern Lagos from the dark days of military when Lagos was abandoned to democratic regime of Obj when he termed Lagos a jungle & Atlantic Ocean threatening the Lagos Island with major businesses relocating out of Lagos to this era when Lagos is moving to become the 3rd largest economy in Africa, it is important that people coming onboard must align with the vision. Despite various shortcomings associated with Lagos due to large political size & few Federal positions, candidates are made to pass through delegates. Barrister Supo Sasore (SAN) & Ambode went through primary for 2015 election. I am yet to see a 3rd term Senator in Lagos except I am not aware.

Amosun is not the founder of ACN & has no vision for Ogun State or APC as a party. He is only after his pocket. The only vision he has is to change our towns to villages. A visit to inner Sagamu, Ode - lemo & Alagbole/Akute/Lambe will convince you.

Oga that said Tinubu is a very democratic man, i hope you have been following the headlines in lagos on governorship candidates but just incase you missed it, here is a link of the latest gist.

https://independent.ng/2019-tinubu-apc-leaders-move-to-stop-ambodes-re-election/

A state cannot grow properly when you have people like this. You might say his choice have been ok but it will be a fallacy to conclude his choice is the best for the state for all you know, there are many more who can be better.

There is nothing greater than letting people decise their government and not a few who just have their personal interest at heart. its undemocratic and evil

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara / Lawan Sponsors Marriage Of 100 Less-Privileged Spinsters / Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.