Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,526 members, 7,823,285 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara (21118 Views)

Wike: If You Don't Want To Be Betrayed, Don't Join Politics. I Am Fully Prepared / Philip Shaibu: Oshiomhole Taught Me Politics, I Have No Quarrel With Him / Yakubu Dogara Picks PDP Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by Letenwam: 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nigeria's Speaker House of Representative, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, who sat for a chat with Daily Trust, disclosed that he hated politics, noting that betrayal and backstabbing were the two major factors that clouded his mind from joining it.

Yakubu Dogara who revealed why and what lured him into politics during the interview, added that he was never interested in it.

“It will surprise you to know that it wasn’t entirely a deliberate choice on my part to go into politics. I was never interested in it. As a matter of fact, I hated politics with a passion because of the betrayal and backstabbing involved.

I’d already cut my teeth in the private sector, comfortable in my skin about the future having made some investments that were beginning to yield tangible returns. With that in mind, I thought I needed no career in politics, because of my belief then that those who had a chance of making it in other endeavours shouldn’t have anything to do with politics. Therefore, I had zero interest in politics, generally, much less running for an elective position”, he said.

On his plans after the end of his tenure as a speaker, Yakubu Dogara disclosed that he has lost interest in planning the next phase of his life. 

“I’ve lost interest in planning the next phase of my life. Therefore, my answer to your question is very simple: my training brings me a lot of opportunities for service. When I am done with speakership, I will weigh the opportunities available to me for service and the one that will result in maximum impact on others is the one that I will embrace without equivocation. It is not about what I want to do, but how can I deploy my talents and gifts in ways that will have maximum impact on others. I have no other plan" he said. 

https://lailasnews.com/i-was-never-interested-in-politics-i-hated-it-yakubu-dogara/

6 Likes

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by bedspread: 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
Very Great Guy.... One of the few Politicians I Love..
Very Intelligent..

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
Saraki and Ipob pigs have killed this one's career..

We warned him though.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by khingTony(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by amaniro: 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
Dogara

very handsome and intelligent. The only APC politician I love.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by slivertongue: 9:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
I guess your love for politics today is because of the money involved

5 Likes

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by SEONaijaExpert: 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
This man is simple living doesn't even look like a politician.

But I'd say he made the best decision of his political career by not following Saraki.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by ucee64(m): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
Thunder fire you in fact thunder fire all Nigeria politicians both APC and PDP. bunch of fools these people can lie

3 Likes

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by neweraomo: 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by muhsain299(m): 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
A lot of Politicians are going to be Retired Come 2019

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by Iscoalarcon: 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
Dgringrin;

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
undecided
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by Omoogboye: 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
Story for the gods.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by pweshdodo(m): 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
But you are interested in looting government money?

1 Like

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by dreamwords: 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
awololowo ?
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by jyz200(m): 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
Let hear what this man ����has to say
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by Rexnegro(m): 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
story story
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by CheapDataGuy: 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2018
Na so so sweet tongue dem get wen election near.

Just after election na e u go no say all of them na mugu
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by MexxIT(m): 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
But U have seen d alerts and Ghana must go involved and U luv it more than life itself
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by BafanaBafana: 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
Dogara has acknowledged that his political career is over. In your next life, if you hear anything Saraki trying to make friends with you, run for your life.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by Toflez(m): 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
so what are you doing
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by Maket: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
But you are now interested because of the money in it.

The money in it is like chop one chop two.

Touch and follow, no more leaving it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by Humblega(m): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
Says a confused man

Is dat why he is neither here nor there.

His body is in Apc, while his souls and all his allies are in pdp. He is anti buhari but fear not to lose in main election if defect.

Same way he is not interested in polictics , yet played a dirth game to emerge as speaker

Naija leaders self

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by seacoast(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
Me too I hate politics, though I enjoy it (for tifin moni)
Re: I Was Never Interested In Politics, I Hated It – Yakubu Dogara by excomarow(m): 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
How did you get here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor / Peter Obi In Pictures / Calling Buhari Major General Is Abuse Of Press Freedom - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.