Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films (57896 Views)

Olayiwola Olatunji 'DJ Scoot 007' Killed His Pregnant Lover - Family Of Girl / Bose Alao Apologizes To Husband, Rasaq Omotoyossi After Domestic Violence Claim / Bose Alao And Her Husband, Omotoyosi Rasaq Split After 10th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by G1STM0RE: 6:25am On Sep 09, 2018
Veteran actor, Rasaq Olayiwola, popularly known as Ojopagogo, has been gracing our television screen for over three decades. The actor, who often features as an old man or an herbalist in movies, spoke to Saturday Beats about being stereotyped in the movie industry.

He stated that he was fed up with producers always casting him as an herbalist in movies, stating that as an actor, he is meant to explore all characters available to him. “When I started acting, I did not start with the role of an herbalist. Alade Aromire was the first person that cast me as an herbalist in a movie and since then, people have started using me for the role of an herbalist. I have complained about it; in fact, last year, I had to hold a meeting with some stakeholders in our industry to let them know that they should use me for other movie roles instead of only using me for the role of an herbalist.

“They told me that it is due to the demand of the public but I would prefer to play other roles. Nowadays, if you insist that I should act the role of an herbalist in your movie, I do it but not with the same zeal I would use to portray other characters,” he said.

When asked what his dream role would be, the thespian stated that he would love to play the role of someone who terrorises people in movies.

“One of my dream roles is to play the role of someone who terrorises others in a crime movie. I want to be featured in a crime movie and I want people to know that I am a versatile actor.

“Even if people would not want to cast me for that role, I can write a script that would depict my desire and I would shoot the movie. The journey into my acting career has been challenging; I have still not achieved what I want. I want to leave my footprints on the sands of time after I am dead and gone; money is not everything,” he said.

Source >>> http://gistmore.com/im-tired-playing-herbalist-role-films-rasaq-olayiwola-cries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by zinnydan(f): 6:26am On Sep 09, 2018
cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by OKorowanta: 6:41am On Sep 09, 2018
Speed Darlington..omo babalawo, abeg come take over from this man..

2 Likes

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by PrinceZahzah(m): 6:42am On Sep 09, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oga Ojopagogo, you MUST continue o

Lol when you were busy casting spells, praising the gods and throwing cowries upandan, you no complain!

The gods are in love with you already.

215 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by olufalaye: 6:53am On Sep 09, 2018
They call him ogopagogo

Well but that's where your best action is seen and noticed

3 Likes

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by itspzpics(m): 6:56am On Sep 09, 2018
Na u know
Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 09, 2018
Maybe the aftereffects of those fetish acts he practices in movies are beginning to haunt him in his dreams hence his lamentationgrin
Moreover,He may not find success playing other roles because his role transition may be unacceptable and equally look out of place to the viewing audience who have already identified him with his consistent role as a herbalist in movie.
So it is better for him to bask in the success of his role as a herbalist in movies and forget about role diversification because it might not be favourable to him

11 Likes

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2018
If u want 2 act in action thriller go to Hollywood Nollywood is all about Africa story and telling it for Africa way

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by klanny: 11:18am On Sep 09, 2018
Na person send am message!

Available are 6k, 100k and 11k Instagram accounts and Twitter accounts too .... 08103209540 get in touch to pick one

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by bukjossy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
Ok.... NEXT
Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by dingbang(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
cool oya wetin you wan act? Blue film ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by GentleMoney: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hmm..
Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by tstx(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
Half bread is better than no bread atall
Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by kennosklint(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
Are you not an Afonja...it's ur birthright do with it.dirty Afonjas

8 Likes

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Laple0541(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
Ok which role did you want now? Bigman role I guess! forget, It woun't fit you, continue your babalawo jejely.....

Or should I teach you how to be a morón?

8 Likes

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by ednut1(m): 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2018
These herbalists roles ahud be banned . They deceive people into believing blood money is real. Nonsense fallacy

1 Like

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by ikorodureporta: 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2018
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2018
tstx:
Half bread is better than no bread atall
PrinceZahzah:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oga Ojopagogo, you MUST continue o

Lol when you were busy casting spells, praising the gods and throwing cowries upandan, you no complain!

The gods are in love with you already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
Ok
Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by franchasng: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
Good decision , meanwhile
10 REASONS WHY I WANT BUHARI REMOVED & JAILED:

1. He increased fuel price from ₦97 to ₦145 per litre: this is after he condemned former President Goodluck for same, what a hypocrite sad

2. Nigerian naira lost value to $; from ₦187 = $1 in 2015 under the much hated Goodluck's government, to $1 = ₦365: Buhari promised Nigerians during campaign that he will make sure Naira gains value against $, and infamously said he will make $1 = ₦1 if elected as president, but now, ₦ has no value...making it difficult for average Nigerians to go on vacation or tourism angry

3. Bag of rice went up from ₦8k to ₦20k under Buhari's 2 years in office

4. Insecurity increased in middlebelt: thousands of fellow Nigerians from Benue, Taraba, Jos, Kaduna, Sokoto, Zamfara killed mercilessly while sleeping while the government does nothing, who knows the next states or communities to be wiped out by his Fulani herdsmen brothers after he wins again in 2019; this is very scary to behold!

5. Innocent Nigerian youths who joined Nigerian Military killed daily by Boko Haram without any recognition: it hurts me anytime I hear that a gallant Nigerian youth soldier is killed by useless ragtab militant terrorist group, Boko Haram. It hurts me more when the government that ought to give these gallant soldiers a deserving burial and also compensate their family/loved ones as fallen heroes denies their death, and rather bury them in a mass grave, what an eyesore. Buhari a presumed retired military general will keep hiding and denying the death of our heroes just because of politics cry

6. Fighting corruption with corruption and nepotism: Buhari's useless style of using nepotism and corruption to fight corruption is stinking angry

7. Marginalization of great Igbo tribe: without the great Igbo tribe, Nigeria is nothing but a working corpse, so for Buhari to openly pronounce that he will not treat Igbo people equally like other tribes that voted him was his greatest mistake that he will live to regret >:

8. More looting of Nigeria's treasury under Buhari's watch: this is why Buhari needs to be impeached and jailed for deceiving Nigerians with "I will pight kworrupshun" while his tribesmen, his friends, his beloved supporters are busy looting Nigeria dry cry

9. Mass unemployment: ever since Buhari came into power 3 years ago, more than 5million Nigerians have lost their jobs, and it has become more difficult and in fact, impossible for young graduates without strong connection to get a job in Nigeria under Buhari's government!

Have you noticed the high rate at which Nigerians are running away from Nigeria to foreign nations as if there is war in Nigeria This is as a result of increasing unemployment, hardship, insecurity and hopelessness of Nigerians.

Do you know that very soon Nigeria won't have any capable doctor in our hospitals because most Nigerian doctors are running away from Nigeria due to mass unemployment and underemployment of doctors!

This cannot continue, Buhari has to go and if possible jailed or sent to ICC to face criminal justice in Hague! angry

10. Unfair appointments & aiding of open corruption: Buhari intentionally disrespected Nigeria's federal character in his political appointments and cabinet selection. He worsened it by appointing the wrong persons into the wrong portfolio, making them not to perform.

Again, for Buhari not to condemn Abba Kyari, Maina, Adeosun (for forging her NYSC certificate, a whole minister under Mr Integrity), NNPC GMD (for illegal award of $$billion contracts), then he doesn't mean well for Nigeria but after his personal interest.

Also are u aware that President Buhari is already campaigning for his wife's brother to become the next governor of Adamawa state

This is never done; how can a sitting president be campaigning for his relative openly even before party primary elections, what kind of human being is Buhari He is just after progressing Fulani tribe agenda and that of his family and close friends, such a man is not fit to be a president of a multi tribal and multi religious nation like Nigeria, he is better as a Fulani cattle rearers spokesman than a president angry

These are the 10 major reasons every well meaning Nigerian who want a prosperous, happier, safer, united Nigeria must stand up and vote out Buhari and ensure he goes to jail! angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
three decades, that is over 30 yrs, people will start to think you're a herbalist in reality, what a pity

1 Like

kennosklint:
must we attach tribalism in all our comment Mr. Ken?

It's my birthday wish me well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by victorazyvictor(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
Na Amed Musa uncle?
Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
kennosklint:

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Nehyooh(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
Okay !
Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by victorazyvictor(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
The gods are in love with you grin

1 Like

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by iphanyi10(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
being an herbalist means you are terrorising people already...which other "terrorise" do you want again.

5 Likes

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Pidginwhisper: 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
But he wasn't an Herbalist in the movie 'Saberedowo"

2 Likes

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by Almunjid(m): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
They continue using u as Babalawo because u have the talent, who knows maybe that's ur calling....Sango called u 4 it. Lol

Hope ur next role no go be pastor? because u fit mistakenly switch to ur sango incantations.

Na laugh go kill ur fans! Lol

1 Like

Re: Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films by PrinceZahzah(m): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
[quote author=HsLBroker post=71041475][/quote]
Lol Exactly!

Maybe baba wants to be sugar daddy in next roles...where he'll meet small girls with big God

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood Actors At Dede-One-Day's Burial (Photos) / A Fan Gave Muyiwa Ademola A Car And Some Dollars For A Film He Did 14years Ago.. / Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.