Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions (3707 Views)

Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? / Why Did The NIV Version Of The Bible Eliminated Some Verses? / Where Is Matthew 18:11 In The NIV Bible Version? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by Dalam0n: 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
DoctorAlien:
On what objective grounds do you call these things mythical? Just because you have not seen them occur? Do you realise that there is a concept in the Bible called prophecy, and that things like stars may symbolize other things? And where does the Bible say that stars fought in the sky alongside humans?

These things are impossible. Stars don't fight along side humans, a man can not live inside a fish for 3 days etc. That are called fictitious. The problem with you guys is that you don't dvrn read the bible. Go and find out where the bible talks about stars fighting along side humans. I won't show you.

LOL. Whether their skin was white or black or blue, does it negate their historicity? This is just like asking evolutionists the color of the first goat that evolved. Meaningless. Besides, asking someone a question is not a proof of a claim you made.

Yes it does. You want to talk about historic people without talking about the color of their skin? What is the color of their skin and the name of the language they spoke?

I never expected you to understand the explanation I gave in respect to human race. However, more directly to your question: Adam and Eve must have been middle brown. See https//creation.com/skin-colour-surprises for a scientific look at it.

They must be middle brown based on the opinion of some white people that have no evidence at all abi? You are deluded. The link isn't working but its total bull. So the first people were middle brown. Where is the evidence for this nonsense claim?

You're yet to tell me what the original gospel written by Mark has to do with this argument.

You said the different versions were translated from the original. Where is the original and which English translation was translated from the original.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by alBHAGDADI: 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
dalamon and doctoralien please stop derailing the thread. Stay on discussion or I will be forced to report to the mods.

Mynd44 please take note
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by DoctorAlien(m): 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
Dalam0n:
LOL. How are they impossible? Because you've not seen them occur? Let me give you a hint of what a true impossibilty is: a square circle or a married bachelor.

If you're talking about Judges 5:20 then, I suggest you go back to vs.1 of that chapter and see that the whole thing is poetry. It says "Then sang Deborah and Barak the son of Abinoam on that day, saying..." Deborah used figures of speech in her song.

Dr. Robert Carter, a scientist, says that if you mix all the gene variants for skin, hair and eye colour in one person, they would have middle-brown skin and hair, and brown eyes. See that here https://creation.com/skin-colour-surprises

LOL. FWIW, the original book in which Mark wrote could have been burnt, stolen, destroyed or even degraded. Is it hard for your brain to imagine that a book written about 2000 years ago may not survive till now?
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by Dalam0n: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
DoctorAlien:
LOL. How are they impossible? Because you've not seen them occur? Let me give you a hint of what a true impossibilty is: a square circle or a married bachelor.

You are not saying anything sensible at all. A man living inside a fish is an impossible feat. I am not saying that because I ha entry seen them. Am saying it's impossible because biologically it can happen. It only happens in the realm of fiction and mytjo6and not in reality.

If you're talking about Judges 5:20 then, I suggest you go back to vs.1 of that chapter and see that the whole thing is poetry. It says "Then sang Deborah and Barak the son of Abinoam on that day, saying..." Deborah used figures of speech in her song.

Doesn't make it any less important. People narrate events in songs and poems.

Dr. Robert Carter, a scientist, says that if you mix all the gene variants for skin, hair and eye colour in one person, they would have middle-brown skin and hair, and brown eyes. See that here https://creation.com/skin-colour-surprises

And this nonsense was published in which scientific peer reviewed journal? Stop giving me the opinion of a scientist that hasn't been verified by any body. What language did Adam and Eve speak and what was the color of their skin? Middle brown is just the empty opinion of a deluded apologist. Their language was what?

:
LOL. FWIW, the original book in which Mark wrote could have been burnt, stolen, destroyed or even degraded. Is it hard for your brain to imagine that a book written about 2000 years ago may not survive till now?

So the original of your God's word was lost abi? The Egyptian Pyramids and burial chambers of the Kings are said to be 5000 years old. They are still standing but somehow the original message of the creator of the universe and the stories of how he came down to earth allegedly and interacted with humans is no where to be found. You are a joke and so is your beliefs. If the originalsame are not available them why were you making empty claims? Again which of the English translations is based on the original?
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by adelee777: 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Are names translated into English?
Em...yeah. Moses is translated ''brought out from water'' or something. Many names in the bible are translated into English. By d way, Lucifer in English means ''light bearer'' and also ''morning star'', which is another way of referring to the planet Venus.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by alBHAGDADI: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
adelee777:

Em...yeah. Moses is translated ''brought out from water'' or something. Many names in the bible are translated into English. By d way, Lucifer in English means ''light bearer'' and also ''morning star'', which is another way of referring to the planet Venus.
It means light bearer not morning star.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
God bless op, I knew right from day one that these modern version perversion were part of the apostasy of these troubled times.
continue to expose them, God willing I will also write something about them

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
The day your mad rants will make FP, I will deactivate my account
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by alBHAGDADI: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
Arondizuogu:
The day your mad rants will make FP, I will deactivate my account
Keeping or deactivating your account neither adds nor deducts from anyone's life.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by dorox(m): 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Are names translated into English?

Lucifer is not even a Hebrew name but a Latin translation of the Hebrew word for morning star

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by budaatum: 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
The Textus Receptus is the manuscript to be translated to English. The first translation led to what we have as the king James version today.
You were doing very well. The bit about Jesus being referred to as the Morning Star particularly got me since his entire preaching was "eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil so that you would not accept stones from those wolves in sheep's skin who claim to give you bread", so the connection with Lucifer, who freed Adam from the God who kept them naked and enslaved and lied that they would die if they sought knowledge, is hardly new. But you then go and spoil it by claiming the KJV, which was translated to justify certain doctrines, is the authentic version, which is not exactly the case.

Could you do a similar exercise on only the KJV please. Meanwhile, thanks for this.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by greenmonk: 12:14am On Sep 10, 2018
OneJ:

LIAR.
The 15/16th century textus receptus can't be more authentic than older manuscripts which existed before it.
The textus receptus was copied from these older manuscripts & several forgeries/spurious additions found their way into most Bible versions today, notably the KJV & Geneva Bible versions etc.
Those forgeries ( 1 John5:7, 1 tim3:16, Rev 1:11,Exodus 3:14, KJV etc. Google is your friend, deceive others ) U are here passing off as truth were never in the older Greek manuscripts dating as far back to the 2nd century or the Hebrew scrolls which existed before the Greek manuscripts.
This led to many false beliefs in Christianity today.(Google "the soul in the Bible Wikipedia" ) & other research tools are your friend. No dull yourself).

Nobody omitted any verse from the Bible. The issue here is your lies & ignorance on full throttle. A little more research would have unearthed all the facts of this matter.
Shalom.

Dont mind fanatics who want to claim thst Jesus is God when Jesus himself said that God his father sent him. They want to brainwash everyone to believe that they are the only righteous ones, never to be questioned in anything they say.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by alBHAGDADI: 7:11am On Sep 10, 2018
budaatum:

You were doing very well. The bit about Jesus being referred to as the Morning Star particularly got me since his entire preaching was "eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil so that you would not accept stones from those wolves in sheep's skin who claim to give you bread", so the connection with Lucifer, who freed Adam from the God who kept them naked and enslaved and lied that they would die if they sought knowledge, is hardly new. But you then go and spoil it by claiming the KJV, which was translated to justify certain doctrines, is the authentic version, which is not exactly the case.

Could you do a similar exercise on only the KJV please. Meanwhile, thanks for this.

I'm sorry, I don't discuss with Satan worshipers.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by alBHAGDADI: 7:14am On Sep 10, 2018
dorox:

Lucifer is not even a Hebrew name but a Latin translation of the Hebrew word for morning star
It means light bearer, shinning one.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by budaatum: 9:08am On Sep 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I'm sorry, I don't discuss with Satan worshipers.
You don't? How do you tell a person worships satan?
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by achorladey: 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
where person fit see NEW ENGLISH BIBLE FOR NIGERIA?
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by OneJ: 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

So says a Jehovah's witness who has written his own Bible the way he wants it.

Just because is something is older doesn't mean it is reliable.

Now, let's examine the verses he says are forgeries. Let's compare them to how they are in his JW NWT bible.

Below are the verses as seen in the KJV.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one

Revelations 1:11

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Exodus 3:14

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Now LET'S SEE HOW JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BIBLE rendered the above verses.

1 John 5:7 NWT

7 For there are three witness bearers

**Their Bible failed to state who the three witness bearers are. They intentionally omit it like the NIV as a way of denying Jesus is God.****

1 Timothy 3:16 NWT

Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’

***Instead of God was made manifest in flesh, they wrote He. This is another attempt to deny Jesus is God****

Revelations 1:11 NWT

saying: “What you see, write in a scroll and send it to the seven congregations: in Ephʹe·sus, in Smyrʹna, in Perʹga·mum, in Thy·a·tiʹra, in Sarʹdis, in Philadelphia, and in La·o·di·ceʹa.”

***they removed "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last". That is another attempt at denying Jesus is God****

Jehovah's witnesses don't believe Jesus is God. So they altered the Bible and removed places that show clearly that He is God. Same thing with most Bible translations today.

Their argument is that they got their own bibles from translating directly from OLDER MANUSCRIPTS. Just because they are older doesn't mean they have not been tampered with. Satan tampered with God's word in the Garden of Eden. He must have done the same during Paul's time, because Paul warned against listening to another gospel. That same Satan is why today's Bibles say Jesus was cast down from heaven, whereas it was Satan.

If this Jehovah's witness says those other bibles were translation from more older manuscripts than the Textus Receptus, how come they contain grave errors which I'm still not done pointing good out?

Compare the Greek word for word interlinear with. KJV & NWT first , rather than dey add more lies to your opening post. Yes. !!!!
Facts are sacred.
(The comma Johannes (or Johanneum) is a forgery in 1 John 5:7kjv.

1 tim3:16,"God" is not in the Greek manuscript. "He appeared in the flesh"

Rev 1:11 KJV, "alpha and omega" was fraudulently inserted there. Yes !!!!!!!!.
Their Trinity lie lie no be today.

Make everyone on this thread check it out for himself. Your data no be only to browse EPL & La Liga ...)
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by alBHAGDADI: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2018
OneJ:

Compare the Greek word for word interlinear with. KJV & NWT first , rather than dey add more lies to your opening post. Yes. !!!!
Facts are sacred.
(The comma Johannes (or Johanneum) is a forgery in 1 John 5:7kjv.

1 tim3:16,"God" is not in the Greek manuscript. "He appeared in the flesh"

Rev 1:11 KJV, "alpha and omega" was fraudulently inserted there. Yes !!!!!!!!.
Their Trinity lie lie no be today.

Make everyone on this thread check it out for himself. Your data no be only to browse EPL & La Liga ...)

Keep quiet. The Greek manuscript which you guys translated from is a corrupt book that was found later on. God has said He will protect His word. You don't expect that He will allow a falsehood to come before His true word.

Whenever you want to sound intelligent, you start acting as if you are a Greek. As if we do not know that your NWT was translated from books alleged to be the original Greek and Hebrew texts found centuries after the King James Bible was already in circulation, which your JW also used.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by OneJ: 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Keep quiet. The Greek manuscript which you guys translated from is a corrupt book that was found later on. God has said He will protect His word. You don't expect that He will allow a falsehood to come before His true word.

Whenever you want to sound intelligent, you start acting as if you are a Greek. As if we do not know that your NWT was translated from books alleged to be the original Greek and Hebrew texts found centuries after the King James Bible was already in circulation, which your JW also used.

alBHAGDADI, Why U dey lie like this?

U always resort to name calling & passing off falsehood as fact. Yet , no single proof to back up your false allegations.
U get PhD for lie lie. Kai !!!!!

Simply Google "New World Translation (NWT) of the Holy Scriptures " (wikipedia)."

These manuscripts, Masoretic text , Biblia Hebraica , Leningrad Codex, Alexandria Codex , Aramaic Targum and one of the most oldest & accurate of them all , the Dead Sea scroll, were used to produce the NWT .

alBHAGDADI , is your KJV or the textus receptus more accurate than the Dead Sea scroll, Masoretic text or the Leningrad Codex ?

When person dey smoke something, he go fit lie say the Dead Sea scroll , Masoretic text or Alexandria Codex na "corrupted book" . Lol.

As regards the KJV forgery in 1 John 5:7,8, " The evidence both external & internal is decidedly against it's authenticity..... the Comma Johanneum did not appear until the 16th century in any Greek manuscript"

Source: bible.org ("the textual problem in 1 John 5:7,8".

Facts are sacred.

Stop deceiving your self.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by alBHAGDADI: 6:07am On Sep 16, 2018
OneJ:

alBHAGDADI, Why U dey lie like this?

U always resort to name calling & passing off falsehood as fact. Yet , no single proof to back up your false allegations.
U get PhD for lie lie. Kai !!!!!

Simply Google "New World Translation (NWT) of the Holy Scriptures " (wikipedia)."

These manuscripts, Masoretic text , Biblia Hebraica , Leningrad Codex, Alexandria Codex , Aramaic Targum and one of the most oldest & accurate of them all , the Dead Sea scroll, were used to produce the NWT .

alBHAGDADI , is your KJV or the textus receptus more accurate than the Dead Sea scroll, Masoretic text or the Leningrad Codex ?

When person dey smoke something, he go fit lie say the Dead Sea scroll , Masoretic text or Alexandria Codex na "corrupted book" . Lol.

As regards the KJV forgery in 1 John 5:7,8, " The evidence both external & internal is decidedly against it's authenticity..... the Comma Johanneum did not appear until the 16th century in any Greek manuscript"

Source: bible.org ("the textual problem in 1 John 5:7,8".

Facts are sacred.

Stop deceiving your self.

Those dead sea scrolls which you listed as older and therefore more authentic are actually fraud. Something being older doesn't authenticate it. Satan was older in the Garden of Eden, that deceived Adam and into believing his lies about God.

Now, the NIV, ESV, NKJV, NWT and many new versions were translated from those so-called older manuscript. How come they have this so many errors and kept out so many verses? That's because those verses are not contained in the so-called older manuscripts. If you check those verses very well, they are key words in Christianity. This shows that those so-called older manuscripts are actually targeted at fighting against Christ and his Deity. No wonder JW don't believe Jesus is God. Now Satan is trying to make Christians doubt their faith.

Do you know that some other books were found even before the manuscripts you listed? The Gospel of Barnabas which makes Jesus to conform to the Islamic view was found in the 17th century. Are we to believe that also?
.Your manuscripts were mostly found in the 19th century, whereas the king James version of the Bible was already in existence since the 16th century. Are you now telling me that God who said He will protect His word now allowed His word to be buried for that long and was eventually found in the 19th century? That means He allowed people to be reading a King James Version which is not His word?

No, God's word comes first. It came first before Satan corrupted it I. the Garden of Eden. Same thing is playing out now with these so-called older manuscripts and New World Order Bible Versions.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by OneJ: 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Those dead sea scrolls which you listed as older and therefore more authentic are actually fraud. Something being older doesn't authenticate it. Satan was older in the Garden of Eden, that deceived Adam and into believing his lies about God.

Now, the NIV, ESV, NKJV, NWT and many new versions were translated from those so-called older manuscript. How come they have this so many errors and kept out so many verses? That's because those verses are not contained in the so-called older manuscripts. If you check those verses very well, they are key words in Christianity. This shows that those so-called older manuscripts are actually targeted at fighting against Christ and his Deity. No wonder JW don't believe Jesus is God. Now Satan is trying to make Christians doubt their faith.

Do you know that some other books were found even before the manuscripts you listed? The Gospel of Barnabas which makes Jesus to conform to the Islamic view was found in the 17th century. Are we to believe that also?
.Your manuscripts were mostly found in the 19th century, whereas the king James version of the Bible was already in existence since the 16th century. Are you now telling me that God who said He will protect His word now allowed His word to be buried for that long and was eventually found in the 19th century? That means He allowed people to be reading a King James Version which is not His word?

No, God's word comes first. It came first before Satan corrupted it I. the Garden of Eden. Same thing is playing out now with these so-called older manuscripts and New World Order Bible Versions.

Fallacious claims of a serial liar.

alBHAGDADI can NEVER prove anything fraudulent. about the Dead Sea scrolls. Show the proof to everybody following this thread. Na one mumu online post of a trinity falsehood peddler. he wan show us.
Lol.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by alBHAGDADI: 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
OneJ:

Fallacious claims of a serial liar.

alBH.AGDADI can NEVER prove anything fraudulent. about the Dead Sea scrolls. Show the proof to everybody following this thread. Na one mumu online post of a trinity falsehood peddler. he wan show us.
Lol.
I won't respond to any of your comment in which you intentionally mention my Monika again.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by OneJ: 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I won't respond to any of your comment in which you intentionally mention my Monika again.

Your lies, your life , your choice.
Facts are still sacred.
Shalom.
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2019
Op please listen to this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfWOEh0AYSo. i also employ you to do some research on Textual Criticism (this site gives a simple and brief introduction into it https://www.gotquestions.org/textual-criticism.html but by all means do a deeper research into it)

I truly hope you realize that most major translation of the bible are true and by no means sponsored by the devil to lead Christians astray.
Ofcourse due to the fact that we do not have the original copies that the apostle and prophets wrote themselves, bible translators have to come together in prayer and studying for years to try and figure out from the thousands of Manuscripts(rewritten copies from the original) which verse is most likely the original and which one was probably a scribal error( Just like you make errors while coping a friends note in school).Also remember that the Greek,Hebrew and Aramaic used in the bible are thousands of years old and the original meaning of some verses are lost to us, so biblical scholars have to make tough decisions in prayer on how best to render these verses in light of context,usage in other parts of the bible or other ancient text from the same time period etc. These are some of the reasons why we have a few discrepancies amongst bible translations but this discrepancies are so few that you can count them on your fingers and none of this differences touch the main tenets of the biblical story or distort it. Also most major translations have on their preface or site as to how they arrived at their translations,manuscripts they used and the people involved in the translation. Its usually a good read.

From my little explanation and your own research,i hope you change you tune from KJV being the all in all and other translations to be devil inspired. Even though KJV is still a solid translation to use, try and read other Major translations also and you might be surprised by what you might learn. I also hope you give new believers that might be looking up to you the choice to use whatever Major translation they feel comfortable with because locking them into one translation is going to add unnecessary burden to them. That is what a friend did to me when i first became a believer and i found it hard to understand the bible at the time.

Now lastly, noticed I used the word Major Translations in my write up. That is because there are few translations that distort the bible namely The New World Translation used by JW or the book of mormons. Other than those ones read as many translations as possible, i myself currently use NET as my major translation but supplement it with NRSV,ESV,KJV,OJB and Message translation. Remember you can always just use one, i just use multiple to see how some hard passages are rendered.

Hope this helps
Re: Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions by Janosky: 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
@ omokoladejames: Your write up was nice until u made spurious, baseless claims about NWT. Prejudice has distorted your objectivity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asiri Owo Nla / Hidden History: Christianity Was Spread By The Sword / Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.