Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood (33840 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's 45th Birthday Photos / I'm A Proud 'Prostitute' - Tacha / Genevieve Nnaji To Keep Donating To Feminist Coalition Despite Stoppage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
SoNature:

People like you are the reason our lovely girls are fast becoming feminist

You remember how you took a pix with an innocent girl and gladly rested your hand on her bobbie as though you two just experienced some sexual fantasies

After rendering the poor girl useless, u dumped her

Uncle, go and marry that girl!

Tomorrow, no man will want to marry her after seeing the pix

Meanwhile, that pix is chilling in my laptop

Any day you drop nonsensical comment, I will share it here

Again, u must marry that girl!
I remember that pic very well too. Dude was still reasoning like a kiddo at that time. How time flies.
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by PrinceZahzah(m): 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
Xisnin:

If you or any of your friends become broke, do you start feeling inferior to every other non-broke human?

I mind my business!!!

I know I used the simplest terms in English language yet you don't get the point.

Can someone interpret this to this guy using Sign Language[b] please![/b]

1 Like

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by danilmo: 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
kimbraa:
You need Queen Premier 'cause I almost caught a migraine trying to read what you wrote. grin

I rather be ugly and be me, than to be handsome and be you. grin Olodo!

won't change the fact that ure ugly though
cheesy ...
but u carry this matter on ur head too much,
so common of use and dump ladies or are u??
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Amberon: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
Thanks sis wink
AmazonTopaz:

stop being ignorant madam discrimination comes in different forms and whether it concerns race or gender ,religion etc.it is a problem that needs to be fought on simultaneously if possible.

Kudos to kimbraa and amberon cool

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Gregdcutie(m): 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
Navalsadiq:
ur position as a woman should not be dependent on sperm donor.GOD created a man and a woman for the duo to meet as one and multiply not sperm donors which is strongly against nature and humanity.If your mother had conceived you via sperm donor how would feel.give back what has been given to you period.
Get off my mention already, We are in the era of self-assisted learning. Do yourself a favour and read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Xisnin(m): 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
PrinceZahzah:

I mind my business!!!

I know I used the simplest terms in English language yet you don't get the point.

Can some interpret this to this guy using Sign Language[b] please![/b]
You mind your business?
What planet are you from that you are misusing this simple phrase?
Genevieve stated that she is a proud feminist which is entirely her business but you end up
responding with irrelevant diatribes against women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by PrinceZahzah(m): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2018
Xisnin:

You mind your business?
What planet are you from that you are misusing this simple phrase?
Genevieve stated that she is a proud feminist which is entirely her business but you end up
responding with irrelevant diatribes against women.

Are you a woman?
No!

Is it your comment?
No!

Are you a feminist?
Still, No!

It's either you intend being a transgender or you're depressed and don't know what to type or you're trying to feeling irrelevant.

You don't have to remain stup¡d forever na

1 Like

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by SugaryBelle(f): 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
Nigerian men are so insecure, once a strong willed woman decides to stand out they tag her 'olosho'.
Of all the things she said about the movie, herself and women in general, the only thing nairalanders responded to was the feminism part.
Pitiful.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by mablie(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Frenchfriez:
A feminist who finds her voice at 40 must be a very bitter and lonely woman.

Atiku has successfully used her and and made her a small girl with a big god, now she wants to claim feminism.

Just like Serena Williams' infamous melt down yesternight, women have become notorious for hiding behind their inadequacies in the name of feminism

Ofcus, all ladies are feminine. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
Robynwelo1:

Which racism we dey face for Africa? If anything, African women should embrace feminism more than the whites that have enough privilege for being a woman. In Africa, it's close to zero.

To the rest of the posters, rant from now till tomorrow about who she chooses to be. It doesn't change anything.

I gave up to even start debating with you when I realised that you don't even understand where feminism started.

Feminism started in Western countries where racism and gender discrimination has always been the fibre of its society

There is racism in Africa meted to us by white ideas that force things like Feminism down our throats as if we cannot fight our own African battles in our own way.

There is a lot of racism going on in Africa, masquerading as saving our African societies.

1. Education - white people and white countries can never share and push for implementation of thcontent of their primary-high school curriculum so as to make African education be competitive as theirs and make Africans compete at the same level as them.
Why can't they share what they teach in schools than pushing for Feminism? We don't need feminism, but we need an educated society that is inclusive of all genders.
They wanted to kill Bill Gates when he suggested that a computer should be so cheap that each African family should own one.

2. Contraceptives ( birth control ) is a form of racism to control African population because of white ideas of how many children each woman should have. It's a form of interference into our marriages and to give African women ideas that men are against us and we should fight men. It's a women's body etc.
White people are the first people to donate so much money towards population control in Africa through vaccines and contraceptives. But they will never donate towards building schools and rolling out good education curriculum. They will never share their education and skills to already existing population. They will never open schools to teach every child how to build a computer, but they will donate anything to control and destroy you.

2. Feminism, the same ideas of feminism are sowing divisions in out societies between men and women. Feminism is ethnocentric in nature, it uses standards of another culture ( white culture ) to measure the appropriateness of another culture. It's racist because in itself the only correct standards and ideas are only that of white people. Feminism is not centred around African ideas.

White women have always been discriminated by their men, calling them blondes ( stupid ) and telling them that their place was in the kitchen etc.

Africans have never been confused when it comes to gender appropriate roles. African women have never requested changes in gender roles. FOR example, I ain't going to no war when there are men in our villages. Why would I want to be a soldier?

In Africa a female has always been involved in decisions made in our societies. Yes there are some unfair practices in some cultures, but they can be changed.

Africa has its own gender issues which do not require feminism to sort them out. In my marriage I know my role and I require no feminists ideas to run my marriage. In fact some African men empower their wives and give up more power than we need.

We have gender roles which we are doing fine with.
My husbands role is that of a provider, protector, lover etc. Why do I need some white woman's idea to change our roles in our African society.

In my home my husband let's me be and gives me more power to make decisions than I think I should.

Our African men have never left us out. Yes our cultures and traditions have never been perfect, but they have never been entirely oppressive towards women.

What we need in Africa is good education afforded to all genders. That education should put all genders on an equal footing to take the continent forward.

We don't need feminism. We don't need donations. We don't need contraceptives. We don't need any white person interfering in our cultures.

Feminism is used by white people to divert our attention from the atrocities caused by white supremacy, racism and slavery.

I cannot fight together with other white women who already are privileged by the colour of their skin. As a black women joining feminism, you are simply promoting women of other race because they are privileged more than you.

16 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Jaymaestro(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
Most Nigerians are cheap imitators. Atheists and Feminists in Nigeria na Wash
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by velocity25(m): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
what I discovered is this :when our sisters see say no brother knock at the door, they turn feminist. if you know you know.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

stop being ignorant madam discrimination comes in different forms and whether it concerns race or gender ,religion etc.it is a problem that needs to be fought on simultaneously if possible.

Kudos to kimbraa and amberon cool

You cannot fight gender equality side by side with a race that is advantaged and privileged more than you.

You cannot fight side by side with a race that discrimates against you.

Racial equality first before gender equality.

African men are victims just like African women.

We need better education that will put all gender on a better footing not Feminism.

9 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by ireneidiva(f): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
Navalsadiq:
A woman is incomplete and has no place value without a man.you might have all the money and all the luxury but without that man who u can look up to as a husband u are a nobody.Feminist indeed.if only these woman knows she can give birth to fine sons then she will change her thoughts.
Lmao. Oga educate yourself please. Feminists marry. Chimamanda and Beyonce are very married.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by ireneidiva(f): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

I gave up to even start debating with you when I realised that you don't even understand where feminism started.

Feminism started in Western countries where racism and gender discrimination has always been the fibre of its society

There is racism in Africa meted to us by white ideas that force things like Feminism down our throats as if we cannot fight our own African battles in our own way.

There is a lot of racism going on in Africa, masquerading as saving our African societies.

1. Education - white people and white countries can never share and push for implementation of thcontent of their primary-high school curriculum so as to make African education be competitive as theirs and make Africans compete at the same level as them.
Why can't they share what they teach in schools than pushing for Feminism? We don't need feminism, but we need an educated society that is inclusive of all genders.
They wanted to kill Bill Gates when he suggested that a computer should be so cheap that each African family should own one.

2. Contraceptives ( birth control ) is a form of racism to control African population because of white ideas of how many children each woman should have. It's a form of interference into our marriages and to give African women ideas that men are against us and we should fight men. It's a women's body etc.
White people are the first people to donate so much money towards population control in Africa through vaccines and contraceptives. But they will never donate towards building schools and rolling out good education curriculum. They will never share their education and skills to already existing population. They will never open schools to teach every child how to build a computer, but they will donate anything to control and destroy you.

2. Feminism, the same ideas of feminism are sowing divisions in out societies between men and women. Feminism is ethnocentric in nature, it uses standards of another culture ( white culture ) to measure the appropriateness of another culture. It's racist because in itself the only correct standards and ideas are only that of white people. Feminism is not centred around African ideas.

White women have always been discriminated by their men, calling them blondes ( stupid ) and telling them that their place was in the kitchen etc.

Africans have never been confused when it comes to gender appropriate roles. African women have never requested changes in gender roles. FOR example, I ain't going to no war when there are men in our villages. Why would I want to be a soldier?

In Africa a female has always been involved in decisions made in our societies. Yes there are some unfair practices in some cultures, but they can be changed.

Africa has its own gender issues which do not require feminism to sort them out. In my marriage I know my role and I require no feminists ideas to run my marriage. In fact some African men empower their wives and give up more power than we need.

My husbands role is that of a provider, protector, lover etc. Why do I need some white woman's idea to change our roles in our African society.

In my home my husband let's me be and gives me more power to make decisions than I think I should.

Our African men have never left us out. Yes our cultures and traditions have never been perfect, but they have never been entirely oppressive towards women.

What we need in Africa is good education afforded to all genders. That education should put all genders on an equal footing to take the continent forward.

We don't need feminism. We don't need donations. We don't need contraceptives. We don't need any white person interfering in our cultures.

Feminism is used by white people to divert our attention from the atrocities caused by white supremacy, racism and slavery.

I cannot fight together with other white women who already are privileged by the colour of their skin. As a black women joining feminism, you are simply promoting women of other race because they are privileged more than you.

Madam, you can go ahead and have 50 children. The white man is not throwing contraceptives down your throat. What you do in your marriage is you and your husbands business but when you go outside and a man tells you to shut up because you are a woman, you will realize that women are still being looked down at. Africans abroad, why cant they come and teach us what they have learnt instead of waiting for the white man's curriculum?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by sodiamond: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
Nice one Genny. The skye is your starting point dearie
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Gkemz: 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
Most feminist are lesbians and I'm not surprised if Jenny is one. You cannot change the law of nature. A wife or wife to be ought submit to her husband or husband to be for her to earn the love and respect of the man

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by trappatoni(m): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
After reading all comments I thereby make my submission to seun to change Nairaland to Pikinland.

The problem with a lot of folks most of them Indomie generation is they dont want to read, I could remember few nights ago when a lady was pouring her hearts out and some pikin were commenting without reading.

Genevieve has made her choices in life and has learnt from them. She has done really well for herself by not allowing early motherhood to deter her from succeeding. If she says she is a proud feminist, its her choice. LET HER BE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Angy55(f): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:
I support women empowerment, but I am no Feminist.

I will join Feminists the day we eradicate racism on the face of the earth.

We will then have gender problems only. All women of all races will be fighting to be equal to men of all races.

Feminism is a white women's battle and has got nothing to do with us. Where we stand now white women are using us to fight their battles when Africans are fighting bigger battles of racism. Racism meted to us by white women.

Black( Africans ) face racism from all races and they want to divert our attention from that big problem which is even perpetuated by white women.

Let's equalise race first before gender.

All white people should fight to remove all privileges meant for them before we remove privileges meant for all men.

As far as I am concerned African men are equally victims. They get discrimated again from all angles. African men and women are fighting the same battle of racism against us.

White people use feminism to remove attention from racism that they daily commit against us.

Bleep them.

Team womanist.. I concur

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
ireneidiva:

Madam, you can go ahead and have 50 children. The white man is not throwing contraceptives down your throat. What you do in your marriage is you and your husbands business but when you go outside and a man tells you to shut up because you are a woman, you will realize that women are still being looked down at. Africans abroad, why cant they come and teach us what they have learnt instead of waiting for the white man's curriculum?

It's not true. The West is trying by all means to control population of Africa, buy using the media and even controlling and rolling out vaccines that unknowingly sterilises African women without being aware.

I know my gender role, I have never interfered in any role that does not concern me hence I have never been told to shut up. The only time I was aware of gender inequality was when I lived in an Arab country. In Africa I have some of the times been invited to forward my input as a women. I have never been disrespected at home or outside my home.

By curriculum, I do not mean one or 100 people that schooled abroad coming back to Africa to teach. I mean America or any Western country sharing the content of their education like Technology, Science, Maths etc. To buy the curriculum from those countries becomes extremely expensive because they wanna make it unaffordable so that African countries remain unequal. That's racism.

Let's look at America only as an example. White people use Feminism to sow divisions between African American men and women. Yet African American of all genders are victims of their racism and discrimination.

While they push feminism agenda, African American women develop hatred for their African American men and label them as useless forgetting they are both victims of racism.

For any African American women thats joins Feminism movement, they will only be promoting White women's rights. The same White women discriminate against African American women before the rallies and immediately after those feminism rallies. Who is a fool there?

Your struggles as races are not the same therefore it is ignorant to join in a fight that never had you in mind from the beginning.

African men and women are victims of racism.

All we need is better education that will put us on the same level, not Feminism.

11 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2018
if not for money and fame nobody' go look this one face
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by harriet412(f): 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
Nairaland bashers wee not leave this woman alone, tagging her circumstances to her being a feminist..... Contributing factor ko, contributing factor ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Xisnin(m): 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
PrinceZahzah:

Are you a woman?
No!

Is it your comment?
No!

Are you a feminist?
Still, No!

It's either you intend being a transgender or you're depressed and don't know what to type or you're trying to feeling irrelevant.

You don't have to remain stup¡d forever na
Another empty head commenting on an issue he knows nothing about while "minding his business".
I know you probably feel important when sharing your dumb views among your friends but that is due
to one-eyed king of blind subjects effect.
Next time, choose your words carefully or you will continue to expose your foolishness and suffer embarrassment.
Now run back to your mates to play with toys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by ireneidiva(f): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

It's not true. The West is trying by all means to control population of Africa, buy using the media and even controlling and rolling out vaccines that unknowingly sterilises African women without being aware.

I know my gender role, I have never interfered in any role that does not concern me hence I have never been told to shut up. The only time I was aware of gender inequality was when I lived in an Arab country. In Africa I have some of the times been invited to forward my input as a women. I have never been disrespected at home or outside my home.

By curriculum, I do not mean one or 100 people that schooled abroad coming back to Africa to teach. I mean America or any Western country sharing the content of their education like Technology, Science, Maths etc. To buy the curriculum from those countries becomes extremely expensive because they wanna make it unaffordable so that African countries remain unequal. That's racism.

Let's look at America only as an example. White people use Feminism to sow divisions between African American men and women. Yet African American of all genders are victims of their racism and discrimination.

While they push feminism agenda, African American women develop hatred for their African American men and label them as useless forgetting they are both victims of racism.

For any African American women thats joins Feminism movement, they will only be promoting White women's rights. The same White women discriminate against African American women before the rallies and immediately after those feminism rallies. Who is a fool there?

Your struggles as races are not the same therefore it is ignorant to join in a fight that never had you in mind from the beginning.

All we need is better education that will put us on the same level, not Feminism.
What is your gender role please?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by kongolo(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

@bolded Why are you exposing all these eh?Since they don't want to watch and learn from the mistakes of our brothers and sisters abroad,I suggest you keep quiet and let these dumb continental Africans destroy themselves like the diasporans have

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
ireneidiva:

What is your gender role please?

So many. If you don't know your role in the home, probably you need to go ask your parents.

I give life ( carry pregnancy), nurturer( cook, clean etc) , teacher( discipline etc ) and so many other roles that my husband sometimes choose to have me take. E.g. My opinion mattered more than his when we were looking for a house to move into. He felt that way.
All these things don't make me less intelligent.

My husband is a provider, guider, gives family direction, protector and does all duties that requires extreme physical activities. I ain't mowing no lawn when he is my husband.

As I said before some of our African men give us more out of probably love and respect.

Out of the home, I normally get the same respect from most men. They normally afford me certain privileges without even asking.

10 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by PrinceZahzah(m): 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
Xisnin:

Another empty head commenting on an issue he knows nothing about while "minding his business".
I know you probably feel important when sharing your dumb views among your friends but that is due
to one-eyed king of blind subjects.
Next time, choose your words carefully or you will continue to expose your foolishness and suffer embarrassment.
Now run back to your mates to play with toys.

grin grin grin grin grin

Now I see how to be frustrated really hurts.

Anuofia!
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Why do Nigerian men get scared whenever the see they word "feminist"?

See them foaming in the mouth.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

[s]I gave up to even start debating with you when I realised that you don't even understand where feminism started.

I cannot fight together with other white women who already are privileged by the colour of their skin. As a black women joining feminism, you are simply promoting women of other race because they are privileged more than you. [/s]

You're a disgrace to womanhood.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

[s]It's not true. The West is trying by all means to control population of Africa, buy using the media and even controlling and rolling out vaccines that unknowingly sterilises African women without being aware.

All we need is better education that will put us on the same level, not Feminism[/s].
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
kongolo:
@bolded Why are you exposing all these eh?Since they don't want to watch and learn from the mistakes of our brothers and sisters abroad,I suggest you keep quiet and let these dumb continental Africans destroy themselves like the diasporans have

True. I think this topic is just too much for a lot of them. They have never been exposed to racism so they don't understand how a white man operates. I'll live it here.

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hanseel1:

You're a disgrace to womanhood.

I understand. Most likely you have never stepped out of Naija and you don't understand anything I said. You will understand when one day feminism affects you.

As for me my African men around me have never oppressed me and therefore I don't need feminism. I need racism gone.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bobrisky To Give 100,000 To James Obialor Of 'They Didn't Caught Me' / Stella Damasus Bans Children From Watching 'Lucifer' Movie, Supports Bamiloye / MI: I Won’t Reply Vector Anymore, I'm Busy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.