Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood (33829 Views)

I'm A Proud 'Prostitute' - Tacha / Genevieve Nnaji To Keep Donating To Feminist Coalition Despite Stoppage / Princess Shyngle: I'm A Proud Bisexual Girl, I Swing Both Ways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by ireneidiva(f): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

So many. If you don't know your role in the home, probably you need to go ask your parents.

I give life ( carry pregnancy), nurturer( cook, clean etc) , teacher( discipline etc ) and so many other roles that my husband sometimes choose to have me take. E.g. My opinion mattered more than his when we were looking for a house to move into. He felt that way.
All these things don't make me less intelligent.

My husband is a provider, guider, gives family direction, protector and does all duties that requires extreme physical activities. I ain't mowing no lawn when he is my husband.

As I said before some of our African men give us more out of probably love and respect.

Out of the home, I normally get the same respect from most men. They normally afford me certain privileges without even asking.

I mean your 'gender role' outside your husbands house. Whatever you people do inside is between the both of you. Do you realise that people fought so that women would be educated? If not, your only so called gender role will be to continue giving life and cleaning up after all the 'lives'. Feminism is not about women being above men. It is about giving women equal opportunity. If a man can be a president, why not a woman? If a man can be an engineer, why not a woman? That is a feminism. It is not just about who cooks and cleans up.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

I understand. Most likely you have never stepped out of Naija and you don't understand anything I said. You will understand when one day feminism affects you.

As for me my African men around me have never oppressed me and therefore I don't need feminism. I need racism gone.

I've never stepped out from Naija? . The fact that you're poor doesn't mean every other person here is poor.

Check my profile if you're so interested in my location.

The fact that you equate feminism to racism shows how daft and unintelligent you are. Blacks hate whites in the same nerve but blacks always like playing the victim card.
Feminism is a global movement not a racial movement and it can't affect me as man in any way.

All the nonsense and ridiculous stuffs you've posted and defended on this thread shows that it'll take years if not centuries before African women like you would be liberated from Stockholm syndrome.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Zirah: 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
Fitbillionairep:
i have never been her fan and never will be. i met her a few times and she is always sad. you can tell she is not a happy woman. me grin

Your mother didn't bring you up well. I wonder what you look like in real. I'm sure you're one of those men who tie wrapper, wear lip balm and gossip like aba market women.
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by ireneidiva(f): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
Gkemz:
Most feminist are lesbians and I'm not surprised if Jenny is one. You cannot change the law of nature. A wife or wife to be ought submit to her husband or husband to be for her to earn the love and respect of the man
Do you even know the meaning of feminism? Genevieve is not married, so who is she supposed to submit to? Did they tell you that feminism is for only marriage?
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
ireneidiva:

I mean your 'gender role' outside your husbands house. Whatever you people do inside is between the both of you. Do you realise that people fought so that women would be educated? If not, your only so called gender role will be to continue giving life and cleaning up after all the 'lives'. Feminism is not about women being above men. It is about giving women equal opportunity. If a man can be a president, why not a woman? If a man can be an engineer, why not a woman? That is a feminism. It is not just about who cooks and cleans up.

The likes she is getting from misogynist nairaland males are affecting her senses.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2018
It is beyond stupidity for you to say feminism is a white movement.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
You are definitely confused who told you it cannot be fought side by side?Is it not in this Nigeria that we are tribalistic amongst our selves that want to use one voice to call out racism when we are racist ourselves shouting afonja and ipob up and down.Feminism is needed especially in Africa and the middleast you do not fight one discrimination and leave the other because other people might be affected by the other.
chineloSA:

You cannot fight gender equality side by side with a race that is advantaged and privileged more than you.

You cannot fight side by side with a race that discrimates against you.

Racial equality first before gender equality.

African men are victims just like African women.

We need better education that will put all gender on a better footing not Feminism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
Good one the fact that she is having it good does not mean that other women are.She is making the movement of feminism seem irrelevant in this time and age.If not for the suffregete,quarkers of the early past who stopped slavery,fought for women's rights and the civil right movement fighting racism in America would she be talking.No one is saying the world is fee of racist but that does not mean that women's rights is non issue all should be fault for simultaneously.
ireneidiva:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hanseel1:
It is beyond stupidity for you to say feminism is a white movement.
The thing weak me very soon they would say democracy is a white man system of government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Fitbillionairep: 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
Zirah:

Your mother didn't bring you up well. I wonder what you look like in real. I'm sure you're one of those men who tie wrapper, wear lip balm and gossip like aba market women.
yes o, i be 100% woman wrapper

1 Like

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
ireneidiva:

What you deliberately failed to read was the fact that I said we need equal education opportunities and not feminism. Your understanding is selective.

I also said that our cultures are not perfect, some things were flawed, but nothing that is too hard for us to fix without Feminism.

READ properly what I said.

I repeat we need RACISM GONE FIRST.
then EQUAL EDUCATION for all genders that will put us on the same level.
Then we can fight gender issues when all races are equal.

Right now All Africans are victims of racism from Western countries.

But we do not need to join forces with other races to attain equality. That amounts to suicide.

Out of my home, I am wrapping my Masters which my husband has supported me immensely. This man has been so supportive of anything I do. I went to work in foreign country and returned and continued with my Masters and he has been there. I don't need feminism when I have always been treated well.

Besides, I don't need a label out of my home to feel valuable. That's white people's thinking.

So I never said women don't need to be educated or have careers. You are lying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Orpe7(m): 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
As u no see husband marry y u no go claim am
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by orble: 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
Amberon:
Keep describing your useless mother.

what's your problem
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
You are definitely confused who told you it cannot be fought side by side?Is it not in this Nigeria that we are tribalistic amongst our selves that want to use one voice to call out racism when we are racist ourselves shouting afonja and ipob up and down.Feminism is needed especially in Africa and the middleast you do not fight one discrimination and leave the other because other people might be affected by the other.

Tell me, do you think African women have the same/equal opportunities with White women as we speak?

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

Tell me, do you think African women have the same/equal opportunities with White women as we speak?
It depends on the country and it's constitution in a democratic setting in which human rights are respected men and women have equal rights and opportunities.
You can't compare the advanced democracy practised there with ours but it is safe to say that under the constitution women do have same rights as men in Nigeria.
Mind you they are more advanced and enlightened in terms of how they value human rights.

No need beating around the bush madam and stop trying to be ignorant.Discrimination is a problem that should be fought against be it discrimination against blacks(don't forget Nigerians are tribalistic amongst themselves),women,people on the basis of religion and you cannot tell people the one they should make a priority.Just because racism is problem for you does not mean that misogyny,male chauvinism,sexism and discrimination against women is not a problem for other women.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by orble: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
Gregdcutie:
Usually I try not to respond to ignorant and nauseating comments as this but I'll have to make an exception. You really need to rid your mind of all that trash you posted up there. There's a reason why assisted conception is now thriving, women don't physically need men to make babies anymore, there are sperm banks all over the place today. Often times the nairaland anti-feminist ewarriors are tge ones that utterly have nothing to offer these women are the ones that hold onto that self-entitlement of being head of the house, lord of the family bullcr.ap...P.S If you really think all the women who are married to husband's in your entire family are "somebody" compared to Genevieve Nnaji then your case is indeed helpless.

Your ignorance kept you brainless. where will the feminist source human sperms? from pigs and dogs I guess.

O! angry women don't need us yet there are telling men "do this, do that for us".

Yea I'm lord over my house and head of the family.

********** Just don't want to use bad words.

Peace
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Robynwelo1(f): 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

You are South African, I can understand your plight with white people. But most Africans in Africa do not deal with racism. It usually happens outside of Africa.

The major issue here in Africa, also Asia, is suppression, absence or lack of presence of the rights of women. This is what we are fighting against, it is what feminism is all about. If you ask me, isn't that a good thing?

Yeah, racism is a global issue which should be fought, but not exclusively. Gender inequality is also a major issue in today's world, no? You haven't experienced suffering for being a woman, doesn't mean you should turn a blind eye to the millions of women going through it.

From your post, I deduce you reek of selfishness and pride. Your narrow mindedness did not make you see that you are giving whites more power than they possess.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by djon78(m): 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
@Chinelo SA you are a Darling.
Your understanding is spot on. You are an embodiment of womanhood!!

Honestly this talks of feminism can be just funny. I think it has more to do with many women not being humble.
Because how can a woman be dragging headship with man? How can?
Nature has made it that way, and as long as this earth remain. It will be like that.

Women still have the power they wield in a home. But you can't wield that power if you don't submit to a man in marriage.
And for those talking about education, many of our women nowadays are educated.

6 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Truthsbitter: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
Be what you wanna be and be proud.
but to every wisdom there's is discipline attached, you can't take the wisdom without the discipline.

Punishment for a sentimental judgement is worst than that of a murderer...

I speak the CORE truth.
Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

It depends on the country and it's constitution in a democratic setting in which human rights are respected men and women have equal rights and opportunities.
You can't compare the advanced democracy practised there with ours but it is safe to say that under the constitution women do have same rights as men in Nigeria.
Mind you they are more advanced and enlightened in terms of how they value human rights.

No need beating around the bush madam and stop trying to be ignorant.Discrimination is a problem that should be fought against be it discrimination against blacks(don't forget Nigerians are tribalistic amongst themselves),women,people on the basis of religion and you cannot tell people the one they should make a priority.Just because racism is problem for you does not mean that misogyny,male chauvinism,sexism and discrimination against women is not a problem for other women.

I think you are the one fluffing and beating around the bush. I needed just a straight answer.

No country in the world where White and Black women have equal opportunities. Even in the best of democracies.

In paper they appear to be protecting all races in practice black woman are oppressed. In US, African women are still fighting for equal rights with White women. UK, Canada etc. In US a black women is 10x more likely to be arrested for no offence than a White women.

Police are called on African women daily, for just existing and breathing. Then you tell me you will join forces with the same people that call the police on your people. What do you have in common with them besides them oppressing you?

So you cannot fight the same battle with people who already halfway won the battle. You cannot fight the battle with people ( White women) who continue oppressing African women to keep their privileges.

Ignorance is bliss.

I doubt you have lived in an western country. One guy suggested I keep my mouth shut and let you African women suffer in your ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
No you are for you to say that feminism is a non issue shows how ignorant you are.I don't need to live in a western country to know that racism does exist same way I don't need to experience discrimination as a woman to know that feminism is needed.I answered you by pointing out that it depends on the country and you cannot deny that they value human rights unlike blacks.
Also if you are so affected by racism come back home and build your country I hear the populist,far right groups are springing around in Europe.
chineloSA:

I think you are the one fluffing and beating around the bush. I needed just a straight answer.

No country in the world where White and Black women have equal opportunities. Even in the best of democracies.

In paper they appear to be protecting all races in practice black woman are oppressed. In US, African women are still fighting for equal rights with White women. UK, Canada etc. In US a black women is 10x more likely to be arrested for no offence than a White women.

Police are called on African women daily, for just existing and breathing. Then you tell me you will join forces with the same people that call the police on your people. What do you have in common with them besides them oppressing you?

So you cannot fight the same battle with people who already halfway won the battle. You cannot fight the battle with people ( White women) who continue oppressing African women to keep their privileges.

Ignorance is bliss.

I doubt you have lived in an western country. One guy suggested I keep my mouth shut and let you African women suffer in your ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
You guys should stop attributing feminism to marriage talking about headship and tailship like as if you know what it means to be a leader leadership is service not dictatorship.Not everyone is a Christian who believes in headship and tailship.Some believe in egalitarianism.I find men who demand submission from women or feel that they need to be in control as men who are insecure, lack self esteem that needs a woman who can validate them because they have a joystick.Men were leaders in the stone age and it could change as time progresses.Nature this nature that I am sure that nature wanted us to remain in the stone age you forget that the earth evolves and everything is bound to change.Educate yourself on feminism and stop bringing your close minded view on issues.
djon78:
@Chinelo SA you are a Darling.
Your understanding is spot on. You are an embodiment of womanhood!!

Honestly this talks of feminism can be just funny. I think it has more to do with many women not being humble.
Because how can a woman be dragging headship with man? How can?
Nature has made it that way, and as long as this earth remain. It will be like that.

Women still have the power they wield in a home. But you can't wield that power if you don't submit to a man in marriage.
And for those talking about education, many of our women nowadays are educated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2018
Robynwelo1:

You are South African, I can understand your plight with white people. But most Africans in Africa do not deal with racism. It usually happens outside of Africa.

The major issue here in Africa, also Asia, is suppression, absence or lack of presence of the rights of women. This is what we are fighting against, it is what feminism is all about. If you ask me, isn't that a good thing?

Yeah, racism is a global issue which should be fought, but not exclusively. Gender inequality is also a major issue in today's world, no? You haven't experienced suffering for being a woman, doesn't mean you should turn a blind eye to the millions of women going through it.

From your post, I deduce you reek of selfishness and pride. Your narrow mindedness did not make you see that you are giving whites more power than they possess.

Your narrow minded made you assume that the suffix SA means I am South African. Yes in paper but not ethnically. That's rubbish.

African woman have always had their roles clear and defined AND there were never serious issues. Yes there have always been bad men in our communities, but not exceeding good men. 99% of my relatives are good men who support women empowerment and never stands in the way of their women's individual progress. I am a living example and my female relatives too.

When men hand over their roles e.g. being a provider or 50/50 financial responsibility you cry foul. You want to be equal and take over some manly roles yet you don't want to carry the responsibilities that come with the roles.

I said I refuse to include any race in our gender issues and debates. That include Whites, Arabs, Asians, Chinese etc. We are different and we will never be the same and our battles are not equal. They are more advantaged than you. Don't think you are equal. The US is likely to deport you than an Asian women.

Black women are so quick to buy other races battles when not even once other races bought your battles and fought for you. Instead they join in and oppress you.

Asians, Indian, Chinese join in and oppress you. You people think it is being educated and enlightened to fight for other races that oppress you and fight your existence.

You can never join forces with any race that:
1. joins in and oppress you
2. that already has other privileges that you don't have.

RACISM IS A PROBLEM. IT CREATES INEQUALITY.

AFRICANS focus on racism and not FEMINISM that seeks to create division between you and your MEN.

African Men have always empowered us because they know it's for their benefit too.

Stop looking for a problem where it doesn't exist. Racism is a problem.

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Robynwelo1(f): 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

Your narrow minded made you assume that the suffix SA means I am South African. Yes in paper but not ethnically. That's rubbish.

African woman have always had their roles clear and defined AND there were never serious issues. Yes there have always been bad men in our communities, but not exceeding good men. 99% of my relatives are good men who support women empowerment and never stands in the way of their women's individual progress. I am a living example and my female relatives too.

When men hand over their roles e.g. being a provider or 50/50 financial responsibility you cry foul. You want to be equal and take over some manly roles yet you don't want to carry the responsibilities that come with the roles.

I said I refuse to include any race in our gender issues and debates. That include Whites, Arabs, Asians, Chinese etc. We are different and we will never be the same and our battles are not equal. They are more advantaged than you. Don't think you are equal. The US is likely to deport you than an Asian women.

Black women are so quick to buy other races battles when not even once other races bought your battles and fought for you. Instead they join in and oppress you.

Asians, Indian, Chinese join in and oppress you. You people think it is being educated and enlightened to fight for other races that oppress you and fight your existence.

You can never join forces with any race that:
1. joins in and oppress you
2. that already has other privileges that you don't have.

RACISM IS A PROBLEM. IT CREATES INEQUALITY.

AFRICANS focus on racism and not FEMINISM that seeks to create division between you and your MEN.

African Men have always empowered us because they know it's for their benefit too.

Stop looking for a problem where it doesn't exist. Racism is a problem.

I assumed with the way you were fighting racism in a Nigerian Forum. Racism in Nigeria is close to nonexistent. We have tribalism, Nepotism, Religion and Misogyny, not racism. Any Nigerian fighting racism is outside the country or doing so for those outside the country.

We have a lot of problems in Nigeria, racism is the least.

Also tell me ways we can fight racism. This problem is something even the minority cannot fight on their own. We can drive away racists, we can suppress their actions, but we cannot change their mindset.

Gender Inequality on the other hand can make do with just the women. If every woman, including you see reasons, and put in action, it would be fought and defeated TODAY!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
No you are for you to say that feminism is a non issue shows how ignorant you are.I don't need to live in a western country to know that racism does exist same way I don't need to experience discrimination as a woman to know that feminism is needed.I answered you by pointing out that it depends on the country and you cannot deny that they value human rights unlike blacks.
Also if you are so affected by racism come back home and build your country I hear the populist,far right groups are springing around in Europe.

Eradicate racism and three quarters of the problems in this world will be resolved.

You still have not pointed which Western country upholds Black women's rights in theory and in practice. You answer was just vague.

I pointed out to you that in the US an African women is 10x likely to be arrested or police called on her by the same people you think are your gender allies ( white women )

In America all rights regardless of gender, religion and race are upheld only in theory and yet US is one country where feminism movement is active. It's one country where religious discrimination is common.

Being based in Africa does not mean Africans are not on the receiving end of racism meted to African countries by Western countries. So your suggestion of returning to Nigeria is baseless and narrow-minded.

As we speak most Francophone countries are paying billions of reparations to the French and German government for being colonised. That money can be used for the development of their countries.
That's racism and the people who live in Africa gets affected because they don't get access to basic things because of such reparations.

The French, German, English etc women do not share the same challenges as you. In fact they benefit from your oppression. Wake up.

They will never fight for your empowerment because that will mean it will be their downfall. Your empowerment is their downfall. When you join them in Feminism you are further advancing their standards while further oppressing yourself.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Jman06(m): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

So many. If you don't know your role in the home, probably you need to go ask your parents.

I give life ( carry pregnancy), nurturer( cook, clean etc) , teacher( discipline etc ) and so many other roles that my husband sometimes choose to have me take. E.g. My opinion mattered more than his when we were looking for a house to move into. He felt that way.
All these things don't make me less intelligent.

My husband is a provider, guider, gives family direction, protector and does all duties that requires extreme physical activities. I ain't mowing no lawn when he is my husband.

As I said before some of our African men give us more out of probably love and respect.

Out of the home, I normally get the same respect from most men. They normally afford me certain privileges without even asking.

You're just enjoying the products of feminism! If not for enlightenment campaigns of the feminists, your husband and those other men outside would probably still consider you as some inferior being that deserve no respect for being a female as was before. You probably wouldn't have been able to attain the level of education you have today.

Feminism doesn't say you should do physically demanding jobs if you don't have the strength. You may not have the strength to do them, but another woman out there might be strong enough to do such. Why stop her on the grounds of gender and not based on her incapability?? Those are some of the questions feminism seeks to address.

In my honest opinion, I think the world would be a better place if women are allowed to realize their full potentials without any gender discriminations. That is what feminism stands for and I support the movement.

Feminism and racism are different and shouldn't be mixed up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by vindisick: 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
kingthreat:

Your father, the one looking at you in the picture below. He denied you as the only sex he had with your mum was a'nal sex, so you must be a bastardo.

LOL. Guy this your reply funny die

1 Like

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
Robynwelo1:

I assumed with the way you were fighting racism in a Nigerian Forum. Racism in Nigeria is close to nonexistent. We have tribalism, Nepotism, Religion and Misogyny, not racism. Any Nigerian fighting racism is outside the country or doing so for those outside the country.

We have a lot of problems in Nigeria, racism is the least.

Also tell me ways we can fight racism. This problem is something even the minority cannot fight on their own. We can drive away racists, we can suppress their actions, but we cannot change their mindset.

Gender Inequality on the other hand can make do with just the women. If every woman, including you see reasons, and put in action, it would be fought and defeated TODAY!

Honestly you are narrow minded. Racism affects you even from across the oceans.

Countries make policies that advance their white people and race but disadvantage Africans from across the ocean.

From the weakening of your currency to trade deficits etc. To funding towards women education and empowerment. I repeat these countries are quick to fund birth control and vaccination campaigns in Africa, but will never fund any campaign to build a better equipped University in Nigeria or any other country.

You have no ally in white women or any other race. White woman are better empowered and are in better position than you. Their basic rights are met through white privilege.

They just use African/Black women to bargain more from their men. Since African women are so stupid you like joining any struggle even that which is against you, you become good bargaining chip for them.

White women will never even advocate that all women of all races get the same rights as them. Feminisn is their battle not yours. You are not even closer to them in equality.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by chineloSA(f): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jman06:
You're just enjoying the products of feminism! If not for enlightenment campaigns of the feminists, your husband and those other men outside would probably still consider you as some inferior being that deserve no respect for being a female as was before. You probably wouldn't have been able to attain the level of education you have today.

Feminism doesn't say you should do physically demanding jobs if you don't have the strength. You may not have the strength to do them, but another woman out there might be strong enough to do such. Why stop her on the grounds of gender and not based on her incapability?? Those are some of the questions feminism seeks to address.

In my honest opinion, I think the world would be a better place if women are allowed to realize their full potentials without any gender discriminations. That is what feminism stands for and I support the movement.

Feminism and racism are different and shouldn't be mixed up.

You are just like the others who didn't read what I said and jumped into attacking me.

I said we need
1. TO GET RID OF RACISM
2. EQUAL AND QUALITY EDUCATION FOR ALL GENDERS,

IF WE ACHIEVE THE ABOVE WE WONT NEED FEMINISM.

My parents and grandparents never grew up when there was feminism, but one was a doctor, a nurse, a teacher. All of them were empowered without feminism and with the men that you paint to be monsters .

Feminism has always advanced white women and never African ( Black )women. African still face discrimination from the same White feminists in pursuit of their white agenda.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Iamgrey5(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

Countries make policies that advance their white people and race but disadvantage Africans from across the ocean.

From the weakening of your currency to trade deficits etc. To funding towards women education and empowerment. I repeat these countries are quick to fund birth control and vaccination campaigns in Africa, but will never fund any campaign to build a better equipped University in Nigeria or any other country.

You have no ally in white women or any other race. White woman are better empowered and are in better position than you. Their basic rights are met through white privilege.

They just use African/Black women to bargain more from their men. Since African women are so stupid you like joining any struggle even that which is against you, you become good bargaining chip for them.

White women will never even advocate that all women of all races get the same rights as them. Feminisn is their battle not yours. You are not even closer to them in equality.

@ emboldened

Please, how is this related to feminism?

Sure a racist can also be Feminist, just like a racist can also be a manist, but it doesn't mean that all feminists are racists.

You have been mixing all of things up in your post since the beginning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by Robynwelo1(f): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

Lol. All these your talk is not racism. It's more like people scrambling for limited resources. Why are you crying that other countries want to gain world power? Direct your rant at the leaders of our nation who cannot make effective policies. We are our own problem not the whites.

See me here thinking you even had an iota of sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Proud Feminist - Genevieve Nnaji To Women And Hollywood by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
The way you type it seems you may be racist as well(racism does not come up when it concerns whites oppressing blacks only).I am done with you madam because racism does exist does not make feminism less important hence why any form of discrimination needs to be fought hand in hand and it(feminism) would continue to grow as a movement.Racism is not the immediate problem of some people same way feminism is not a solution to some people.
Bye bye I am done with you I am tired of exchanging words with a woman who doesn't know that discrimination comes in different forms.
chineloSA:

Eradicate racism and three quarters of the problems in this world will be resolved.

You still have not pointed which Western country upholds Black women's rights in theory and in practice. You answer was just vague.

I pointed out to you that in the US an African women is 10x likely to be arrested or police called on her by the same people you think are your gender allies ( white women )

In America all rights regardless of gender, religion and race are upheld only in theory and yet US is one country where feminism movement is active. It's one country where religious discrimination is common.

Being based in Africa does not mean Africans are not on the receiving end of racism meted to African countries by Western countries. So your suggestion of returning to Nigeria is baseless and narrow-minded.

As we speak most Francophone countries are paying billions of reparations to the French and German government for being colonised. That money can be used for the development of their countries.
That's racism and the people who live in Africa gets affected because they don't get access to basic things because of such reparations.

The French, German, English etc women do not share the same challenges as you. In fact they benefit from your oppression. Wake up.

They will never fight for your empowerment because that will mean it will be their downfall. Your empowerment is their downfall. When you join them in Feminism you are further advancing their standards while further oppressing yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mike Godson To Online Beggar: "Go Ask Davido For Help He Has N30bn In Account" / Busayo: Lanre Gentry Not Bothered About Mercy Aigbe Anymore / Nairalander Attends Patoranking's All White Birthday Party (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.