Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,758 members, 7,813,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ (3803 Views)

Yorubas Support Tinubu Over Fear Of Igbo Resurgence, Money Worship – Peter Obi / #endsars: What Obasanjo Told Buhari At Virtual Meeting - Fani-kayode Reveals / Fani-kayode Reveals Abba Kyari’s Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Daniyke88(m): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Aviation Minister Femi Fani-Kayode has claimed that the Yoruba are rooting for “one Nigeria” because they have not experienced any “genocide.”

Fani-Kayode claimed that if the South West had experienced genocide just like the Igbo and those in north-central Nigeria, they would better appreciate the pains of the others.

In a tweet, he said, “If the genocide that the Igbo and the Middle Belt have been subjected to were visited on the Yoruba we would not be talking about one Nigeria today.

“Until you are subjected to genocide yourself you cannot possibly appreciate the pain of its victims and their yearning for freedom.”

https://newsdey.com/fani-kayode-reveals-why-yorubas-support-one-nigeria/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by godfatherx: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
A Yoruba adage says "Ilu ti o toro, omo ale ibe ni ko iti dagba".

It means "a town will always remain peaceful until its bastard come of age".

Finally, Yoruba land! Oma se o.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by madridguy(m): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
This man don go sniff soakaway gas again?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Corrinthians(m): 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
If you know you know. . cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by DogmaNation: 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
Some idiotic pigs of Buhari won't like what he just said,but that is the simple true. The Yorubas will surely be left with the North,in the distance future. Viva freedom! Viva Biafra!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by benben1000: 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2018
There is something about Yoruba people that most us don't understand. There is a way they reason, whether this is based on tradition or in their DNA, time will tell. A typical yoruba man doesn't give a damn if something is happening to other people; he doesn't care AT ALL. But as soon as that thing start happening to his own, he automatically start caring and talking about it. Conversely, Igbos are very proactive, if something is happening to anybody, they take note, stand against it, BECAUSE NATURALLY they know If we don't do anything, it might also happen to us. Try reasoning with a yoruba man why all the ports in SS and SE are not functional? why only Lagos ports are working? He will try to give you all the excuses in the world. Like a guy I was discussing this with, he went from A to Z, then I said Segun, but Kaduna dry port is working nah. Segun stopped and looked at me like an Idiot! Nah so the argument stopped. Other tribes are taking note of your behavior when the chickens start coming home to roost!

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Daniyke88(m): 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
The table is shaking grin shaking very well
Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by anibirelawal(m): 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
TRASH!
Let genocide first wipe his entire generation and see whether or not if Yorubas will continue to remain as one Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by engreo(m): 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
benben1000:
There is something about Yoruba people that most us don't understand. There is a way they reason, whether this is based on tradition or in their DNA, time will tell. A typical yoruba man doesn't give a damn if something is happening to other people; he doesn't care AT ALL. But as soon as that thing start happening to his own, he automatically start caring and talking about it. Conversely, Igbos are very proactive, if something is happening to anybody, they take note, stand against it, BECAUSE NATURALLY they know If we don't do anything, it might also happen to us. Try reasoning with a yoruba man why all the ports in SS and SE are not functional? why only Lagos ports are working? He will try to give you all the excuses in the world. Like a guy I was discussing this with, he went from A to Z, then I said Segun, but Kaduna dry port is working nah. Segun stopped and looked at me like an Idiot! Nah so the argument stopped. Other tribes are taking note of your behavior when the chickens start coming home to roost!
why did you igbos always blame Yoruba for you problems.... Name one situation you igbo ever support Yoruba on.... The recent event that happened, not to talk of Abiola saga,when goodluck marginalised Yoruba and Yoruba elders went to complained to him, we all know how you guys were happy and abused Yoruba here on this platform and your leaders were also jumping up and down in Abuja. So, tell me, what do you expect from Yoruba now

24 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by benben1000: 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
engreo:
[s]why did you igbos always blame Yoruba for you problems.... Name one situation you igbo ever support Yoruba on.... The recent event that happened, not to talk of Abiola saga,when goodluck marginalised Yoruba and Yoruba elders went to complained to him, we all know how you guys were happy and abused Yoruba here on this platform and your leaders were also jumping up and down in Abuja. So, tell me, what do you expect from Yoruba now[/s]

Exactly what I'm talking about. Even though Fani Kayode buttressed my point. You are a FOOL!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by zlantanfan: 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
I agree the Northern's are the problem of this country pls also help us stage a direct confrontation with the pdp northern aspirants who are falling overthemselves to rule.

It's a case of so far na my party get the aboki if not restructuring
Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by engreo(m): 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
benben1000:
you accused them of stopping the building of ports in your region....so, Yoruba is the one that stopped babangida, abacha, abdusalam, yaradua, even your own jonathan from building ports in your region.. Are you not ashamed of yourself?

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Bibors(m): 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
Curse FFK all you want but he just said the truth.
Different events change wash society.
The Genocidal war have changed the East. They would have healed only and if only, the apparatus to kick-start their healing was put in place. Instead of reintegration and reconstruction, they were even robbed and we're left to reconstruct their war torn zone themselves.
Today, The North East is being rebuilt using Oil revenue from another region.

If the west, experience this, none of them can ever talk of one Nigeria like some easterners even also talk today.

My people have a saying " Onye ogaziere nwe Mba"
It simply means that he who life has treated fairly, usually speaks as if the unfortunate ones are lazy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by engreo(m): 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
benben1000:

Exactly what I'm talking about. Even though Fani Kayode buttressed my point. You are a FOOL!
who is the fool between you and I? Common sense you don't have

7 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by olawalepopoola: 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
tongue
benben1000:

Wrong insinuations. Do not judge people based on tribal affiliations. Did you forget how Yorubas fought for Jonathan as an indigene of NigerDelta

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by engreo(m): 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2018
olawalepopoola:
tongue
Wrong insinuations. Do not judge people based on tribal affiliations. Did you forget how Yorubas fought for Jonathan as an indigene of NigerDelta
dnt mind the tribal bigot

9 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by knowledgeable: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2018
Daniyke88:
Ex-Aviation Minister Femi Fani-Kayode has claimed that the Yoruba are rooting for “one Nigeria” because they have not experienced any “genocide.”

Fani-Kayode claimed that if the South West had experienced genocide just like the Igbo and those in north-central Nigeria, they would better appreciate the pains of the others.

In a tweet, he said, “If the genocide that the Igbo and the Middle Belt have been subjected to were visited on the Yoruba we would not be talking about one Nigeria today.

“Until you are subjected to genocide yourself you cannot possibly appreciate the pain of its victims and their yearning for freedom.”

My brother Fani, you nailed it. May GOD give you long life in Jesus name Amen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by budaatum: 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
benben1000:
Why are all the ports in SS and SE not functional?

6 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by chiagozien(m): 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
Everybody knows afonjas are selfish,even their northern master knows it,

this selfishness is the same reason they lost kwara to fulanis,
afonja with his selfishness hired fulani fighters to fight his brother,we all know what it resulted.

The truth is they never learn,
the same thing afonja did is what yoruba muslims are doing today,they will join hausafulani to fight their own brother(fayose,kayode).

I dont know if to believe that they are slave to northerns.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by knowledgeable: 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
RealLordZeus:
This man sha!!! Must he go to this length ... Well I hope the easterners accept him into their fold

We have accepted him already and other millions of like minded Yoruba brothers out there. Igbos love the Yorubas(at least from our women) who can understand our pains & the destructive nature/system Igbos/Nigerians have found themselves in and the ongoing struggle to either make Nigeria better for ALL Nigerians or a referendum.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by velocity25(m): 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2018
we the moslem afonjas must attack him for saying the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by knowledgeable: 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
benben1000:

Yoruba thinking is completely different from Igbo people way of thinking. Although most Igbos who have delt with Yorubas have discovered that generations past.

Is called world veiw or cosmological outlook of life...and it evolve in groups as a result of their religious background(in this case, Yoruba religion, Islam and Christianity), and the value system such multiple religious background bestow on that group...which subsequently influence their ethics in life. It's safe to incline that Yorubas see things in a more practical ways why Igbos see things in ideological ways. I criticise Yoruba practical ways of approach to critical issues of the day a lot...especially in Nigerian politics...because it has aided in the evolution of a moster. It is thesame approach in life which will tell them to vote in buhari again despite the religious and ethnic killings and nepotism kind of government we have under buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Printerscanner: 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
benben1000:

My brother, I understand you. It is difficult for you and your generations to forget how we the Yorubas used over three million of stubborn Biafran goats like you for pepper soup and suya between 1967 and 1970. Worse still, we even used your most pretty sisters, mothers, aunties, nieces as sex slaves. This nightmare can never go away, from generations to generation you will always hate Yorubas.

But despite the hatred that you pigs and idiots (as said by Nnamdi Kanu) have for us your Masters, you can never leave Yoruba land because your region is raged by drug trafficking, armed robbery, prostitution, human trafficking and fake drugs. Even when Babatunde Raji Fashola abducted several of you all over Lagos and dumped you at Upper Iweka Bridge Head at 2:00AM, you pigs still jumped into the the next available trailer carrying cows to Lagos. What a useless set of pigs you are.

9 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
benben1000:
you're a bloody fool. When obasanjo wanted to contest for third term, all the Yoruba elders including the masses went against him that he should allow another person to contest.

The reverse is the case for igbos, even though Jonathan did do anything tangible for you guys, you still voted for him foolishly.

9 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by MayorofLagos(m): 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
Daniyke88:

This guy is daft! Day by day, the concoction Precious adds to season his food is taking toll and his bloodstream saturates with contempt for his roots. Ode!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Pavarottii(m): 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
engreo:
why did you igbos always blame Yoruba for you problems.... Name one situation you igbo ever support Yoruba on.... The recent event that happened, not to talk of Abiola saga,when goodluck marginalised Yoruba and Yoruba elders went to complained to him, we all know how you guys were happy and abused Yoruba here on this platform and your leaders were also jumping up and down in Abuja. So, tell me, what do you expect from Yoruba now
How did good luck marginalize u?

4 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Pavarottii(m): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2018
fucksterisback:
you're a bloody fool. When obasanjo wanted to contest for third term, all the Yoruba elders including the masses went against him that he should allow another person to contest.

The reverse is the case for igbos, even though Jonathan did do anything tangible for you guys, you still voted for him foolishly.

U say good luck did not do anything for Nigeria? Tell me a president that has worked like GEJ since d inception of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
Pavarottii:

U say good luck did not do anything for Nigeria? Tell me a president that has worked like GEJ since d inception of Nigeria.
You say what

3 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by Oblang(m): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
Pavarottii:

How did good luck marginalize u?

How did Buhari marginalize u?

5 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ by mangoman00: 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
engreo:
Igbos are better, go to kano,Lagos,Abuja etc and is how they are establishing charitable organization to help people God has placed them better than.People who thought that they hv the monopoly of media, with social network hv seen that they can no longer hoard the truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Igbo Man Who Wants To Be Governor Of Lagos / Hoodlums That Set High Court Lagos On Fire Arraigned: See List / Buhari Narrows Successor To Lawan, Amaechi - TheWILL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.