Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest (54886 Views)

Japa: 10 Countries People NEVER Regret And REGRET Moving To / UK Removes Nigeria, 10 Countries From Red List / 10 Countries You've Been Mispronouncing Your Entire Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by oladayo63(m): 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
Chepos1:

US should not try any rubbish cus I want to migrate to that region ASAP. grin

You want to suffer abi?
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
Rossikki:

Come on will you shut up your mouth. ''Most Nigerians survive on less than $1 daily''. Is that what some stupid white man's statistics taught you? You cannot use your own brain to know that that statistic has to be totally false otherwise we would have food aid trucks from UNICEF and the Red Cross on every street in the country? MUMU. Instead of regurgitating nonsensical statistics, use your brain, and know what to reject and what to accept.
bro, nor vex I know you have been a black supremacist advocate but honestly travel round this country in a bus, there is so much poverty in this nation especially up north

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by peluskiy: 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Chepos1:

US should not try any rubbish cus I want to migrate to that region ASAP. grin
i laugh in Spanish.............. Just browse Venezuela you will understand
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by theoldpretender(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
oladayo63:

Baba, you dey misyarn jawe. If the standard of living is good, no one will complain if oil is #300 per litre. So because Venezuela is in deep poo, the masses should die of hunger. Tackle the government to improve the economy. Even with the fuel price, companies still layoff staff, unemployment is on the rise. The dude you quoted is right, it's about standard of living. And yes, a majority of Nigerians can't afford a $ per day, IMF data support that fact.

Benin, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Cameroon, Chad, Ivory Coast ....most of them live under $1 a day.

And they pay higher for fuel than Nigeria does.

So tell me another story.

We are not a rich nation. And we have bad governments including this current one...who refuse to remove oil subsidy so that prices willcome down via competition.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by mexioni(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
Venezuela have refineries that are functional to an extent, agreed. But come on that price is teribly too cheap, as for Nigeria u and i know there is a gang taking our refined fuel outside this country and they are cashing badly. If we don't work on border controls even insecurity challenges will perish us as a nation. If thw whole world our price is the 7th least its not bad.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by grandstar(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
Truth is that the cheap petrol cost so much to subsidised in countries with huge populations and leave big gaps in the government purse.

If Nigeria ends the subsidy regime, it would save over a trillion naira

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by erico2k2(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
iammo:

$1 per day is N10,800 per month. how much is fuel attendants, salesgirls and petty traders earning, how much is the minimum wage? how much do corpers earn? how much do police constable to sergeant earn? don't this people also have dependant who don't even earn anything.

Now subtract the salary of average Nigerian workers and traders from Rent cost and transport. and honestly tell me how many people in Nigeria leave above $1.90 per day
Im talking reality, I did not want to go into all them people you mentioned hence I asked you a specific question,Who do you know that earn N500 a dayU mst lnow one person if its that established.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by erico2k2(m): 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
grandstar:
Truth is that the cheap petrol cost so much to subsidised in countries with huge populations and leave big gaps in the government purse.

yep Ie in Venuzuela the cost is up to 90%
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by Mgbadike80: 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
erico2k2:

Dont always believe evrything you read, howmany people do you personaly know who earn N300 per day ??
dollar =#360(approximately) which is about #10,800 per month. Many Nigerians earns about #8,000 monthly salary and still have to cater for their dependants. I believe that you have good intentions but mistakenly support a lie. A Nigerian private school teacher (the most common jobs for university graduates nowadays) lives on less than a dollar ( or less than a dollar and half using the latest calibration) when you factor in his or her dependants. that is for those lucky enough to have a job.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by erico2k2(m): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
mexioni:
Venezuela have refineries that are functional to an extent, agreed. But come on that price is teribly too cheap, as for Nigeria u and i know there is a gang taking our refined fuel outside this country and they are cashing badly. If we don't work on border controls even insecurity challenges will perish us as a nation. If thw whole world our price is the 7th least its not bad.
They do not, that is the issue, the cant run it.No money
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by Rossikki: 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
theoldpretender:

Most Sierra Leoneans, Liberians, Chadians, Ghanaians, Ethopians and Cameronians survive on less than $1 a day

NO THEY DON'T. IGNORAMUS. ''Most'' of those people, like Nigerians, live on FAR MORE THAN $1 a day, you clueless DULLARD.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by theoldpretender(m): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
transformed:
must we be the only oil producer that import refined oil? Must we be world highest importer of refined oil? Venezuela dont import refined oil

grin grin grin grin grin

1.Venzuela's refining and production capacity is in a mess

2.They have to import as well.

INFACT ...oil production is dropping,

And there are fuel queues EVERYWHERE.

So, tellme another story.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by Mgbadike80: 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
erico2k2:

Im talking reality, I did not want to go into all them people you mentioned hence I asked you a specific question,Who do you know that earn N500 a dayU mst lnow one person if its that established.
are you really in Nigeria to be asking this question? we all know people that earns less than #500 a day (#15,000 monthly salary).
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by theoldpretender(m): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
Rossikki:

NO THEY DON'T. IGNORAMUS.

Good evening, god.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by ghs007(m): 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
The value of the naira cannot be the reason because Venezuela has one of the weakest currencies in the world. One US dollar is approximately 248520.00 bolivars and a naira is approximately 690.72 bolivars.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by grandstar(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
erico2k2:

yep Ie in Venuzuela the cost is up to 90%

That is why the country is a basket case. An ex bus conductor is running the country. I sob in Bangladeshi

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by theoldpretender(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
grandstar:

That is the truth....but most Nigerians love their free fuel.

And long term...it could even bring in foreign investment...and price reduction via competition.

Ah well....
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by Rossikki: 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
theoldpretender:

Good evening, god.

You don't need to be God to use your brain. I guess it is the white man that told you that lie that is your God. Ewu.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by UrbanMetahuman: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
[s]
theoldpretender:
Hmmm

I can see some Nigerians looking at Venezuela and admiring their price of N4 perliter.

What they don't know is

1.Veenzuela is depleting their foreign reserves by keeping fuel at N4 due to overspending on subsidy.

2.Here is how a subsidy works. Government tells you to sell your fuel at a low price, and pays you the difference...preventing you from making a profit. As a result...you lose money.

3.Venezuela is in an economic mess.

And this is what some Nigerians want. Wake up.
[/s]venzuala is not in economy mess because they subsidize fuel. fuel is cheap in venezuela because they have one of the biggest oil reserve in the world and they refine their own oil unlike here where we import refined oil. venezuela doesnt subsize oil.

economic mess is as a result of over dependent on oil instead of diversification.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by erico2k2(m): 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:
dollar =#360(approximately) which is about #10,800 per month. Many Nigerians earns about #8,000 monthly salary and still have to cater for their dependants. I believe that you have good intentions but mistakenly support a lie. A Nigerian private school teacher (the most common jobs for university graduates nowadays) lives on less than a dollar ( or less than a dollar and half using the latest calibration) when you factor in his or her dependants. that is for those lucky enough to have a job.
you keep quoting $ lets leave that issue aside, I have asked you thesame question over and over again,who do you personaly know that earn N500 a day? Mechanics earn above that,All labourers earn above this rate,My security aka Watchnight and watchday I pay them 30k monthly,
the driver who doeas drop for the Mrs Shop earn minimum from us N29k in a month, My Mrs pays her stylist in her studio N18K per month, the girls at the saloon take home minimum of 18 k, the manager gets 25 k.My boys at the shops get minimum of n20k minus feeding which I provide as lunch, Thats people arround me, Now tell me those arround you that supports ur argument.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by iammo(m): 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
erico2k2:

many youth corpers earn 18k but leave on 15k after data, and transport. 500 × 30 days = 15k. Legion security guard earn 17k and guard estates
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by jamace(m): 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
oladele00:
Vote for PMB again and baba will reduce the price of fuel to[b] 45naira[/b].. God bless PMB
You remind me of Tam David West. The baba has been silent since Buhari increased pump price to N145. grin grin Buhari disappointed the baba big time.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by jojothaiv(m): 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
The OP forgets the facts that the Venezuela Bolivar is as useless as p in psycho..

Well, I see self consolation..
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by theoldpretender(m): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
Rossikki:

You don't need to be God to use your brain. I guess it is the white man that told you that lie that is your God. Ewu.

And don't insult people you disagree with.

Respond with facts, not with insults.

You called me names...when I posited a fact....so I called you a god since you are all knowing.

Anyway....next time, be more polished in your response. You could end up facing a major discomfort if you aren't.

Ta ra.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by iammo(m): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
erico2k2:

many youth corpers earn 18k but leave on 15k after data, and transport. 500 × 30 days = 15k. Legion security guard earn 17k and guard estates
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2018
UrbanMetahuman:
[s][/s]venzuala is not in economy mess because they subsidize fuel. fuel is cheap in venezuela because they have one of the biggest oil reserve in the world and they refine their own oil unlike here where we import refined oil. venezuela doesnt subsize oil.

economic mess is as a result of over dependent on oil instead of diversification.

Plz and Plz DO not embarsss urself this way, you could have at least do a 5 mins reserach B4 U post this .Venuzuella are in deep mess, evryone is leaving, They cant even afford to get thier own Int passport to migrate to Ecuador.Listen to CNN
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by LuciferKristi: 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2018
theoldpretender:

Most Sierra Leoneans, Liberians, Chadians, Ghanaians, Ethopians and Cameronians survive on less than $1 a day

Yet they pay more than Nigerians for fuel.

They don't produce oil.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by zhyzhy: 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
If we had our own refineries, the cost of production will even be lower!
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by Rossikki: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
Even the entire ''dollar a day'' calculation makes no sense. What one dollar will buy in Nigeria, twenty dollars cannot buy in America.

For instance a plate of Eba and Egusi in Nigeria will cost you maybe a dollar at a cafe. In America it will cost you over twenty dollars at a Naija restaurant.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
oladayo63:
It's not about the dollar value, fams. It's about the standard of living in the country.

Venezuela position on the list means nothing to Venezuelans. In a socio-economic perspective, fuel is more cheaper in Nigeria than Venezuela.

In another sense, fuel is way cheaper in Kuwait than in Nigeria because they have a better standard of living.

How will it sounds if a cup of coffee is sold for $5 (#1700) in Nigeria? Considering that Nigeria minimum wage is about $50/m, 99% of Nigerians can't afford it while $5 is peanut to Americans.

Standard of living! It's all about standard of living.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by theoldpretender(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
UrbanMetahuman:
[s][/s]venzuala is not in economy mess because they subsidize fuel. fuel is cheap in venezuela because they have one of the biggest oil reserve in the world and they refine their own oil unlike here where we import refined oil. venezuela doesnt subsize oil.

1.Venezuela subsidses oil...it is one of the reasons why they don't have forex...MOST of it goes on subsidising oil

2.Costs of producing oil in Venezuela are high because most of the oil is offshore and has a high sulphur content...so they pay heavily in subsidy.

3.Saudi too has a high oil reserve...and they subsidsed oil till recently when the low oil price made it impossible.

4.Iagree with you on their economic mess being on their reliance on oil.

5.From this article...

crisis-hit Venezuela, one dollar can buy two Polar beers, a dozen eggs, or a bar of chocolate. Or, taking advantage of the black market exchange rate, it’s enough for 3.5m litres of petrol.

But the 92 tankers needed to carry the fuel would probably be stuck at the pump, broken down and without replacement parts.

Fuel in the oil-rich nation may be practically free, but motorists are finding it increasingly hard to keep their vehicles on the road. Petrol shortages are ever more common: motorists commonly wait for six hours or more in fuel queues.

Batteries, engine oil, and tyres are prohibitively expensive – if they are even available.

And although Venezuela has the largest proven oil reserves on the planet, faltering infrastructure has led to a steep drop in production. The US Energy Information Administration (EIA) predicts that oil production could fall to 1m barrels per day (bpd) this year, and again to 700,000 by December 2019.

Re: Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest by erico2k2(m): 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2018
iammo:

1st off NYSC is2nd you seriously think thats all they live on and do not have additional income,
Look you are talking people who eat at least two times a day, have kids going to school, wives and pay rent transport plus Bills,.The reality is this only people who live on the streets who do not have jobs and no hope live bellow that stat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reckless Danfo Driver Collides With A Toyota Hiace Bus On Otedola Bridge / Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria / Men Pushing Train On Ibadan Railway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.