Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

I Won’t Choose My Successor – Governor Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Choose My Successor – Governor Wike (356 Views)

I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi / 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Choose My Successor – Governor Wike by Limitednow: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers State, says he will not choose who will succeed him in office.

Mr Wike, a former minister during the administration of former president Goodluck Jonathan, stated this in an interview with an online news portal, Premium Times.

He contested for governor of the state under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015 and won against the wish of the then governor, Rotimi Amaechi.

Mr Amaechi, a former political ally of Mr Wike is now the incumbent minister of Transportation under the All Progressive Congress, (APC).

The duo has been on the neck of each other since the minister defected from the PDP to the APC when he held sway of the state.

Mr Wike who is seeking re-election said he will not foist anyone to succeed him after he has served out his tenure.

“Let me tell you today, I will not put a successor in office,” Wike reportedly said.

The governor while speaking to the medium said if he wins re-election in 2019, he will support the riverine area to produce the next governor of the state.

“They have supported the PDP, and when the time comes I will do everything to support them. If you want it to go the riverine, allow the riverine people to bring anyone, and not you choosing someone for them,” he said.

The governor said intelligence report he gathered has it that some presidential aspirants on the platform of the PDP were being sponsored by the APC.

“I know some of our presidential aspirants who are running on the sponsorship of the APC and the presidency,” Wike said.

The state which is known for violent confrontations has so far been peaceful under his watch. Giving reason for the peaceful atmosphere, the governor attributed it to God.

“It is God! There’s nothing the APC government did not do to turn Rivers State into a place of insecurity.

“…God in his infinite mercy has kept us in this state. Has the federal government ever said one day that they were sending special squad to tackle insecurity in Rivers State? We cannot rely on man, God is the ultimate, and he is the chief security officer.”

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/wont-choose-successor-wike/
Re: I Won’t Choose My Successor – Governor Wike by Calers: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
Apc is your successor.
Re: I Won’t Choose My Successor – Governor Wike by Limitednow: 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: I Won’t Choose My Successor – Governor Wike by bedspread: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2018
[s]
Calers:
Apc is your successor.
[/s]
Re: I Won’t Choose My Successor – Governor Wike by Banmeallday: 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
Zoo journalist...Wike will not chose his “successor” LOL

As if that tout is the crown prince

(1) (Reply)

Minimum Wage:fg Is Not Prepared-nlc / Why We Declared Adeleke Wanted- Police / Opinion:- Osun State In Advance : Avow Of Folk Tales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.