Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (11432 Views)

Poll: Should the hasty ban be reversed?

Yes: 37% (30 votes)
No: 62% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

U- 23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho ’ S Release / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments / Nigeria Will Not Reverse Ban - Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by adejonny: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2010
Those of you supporting Jonathan have no clue of the implications of this.

This does not only affect Super Eagles. With FIFA ban, the U17 team, U21  will miss the junior world cup of 2011 and 2013 as well as the African competitions. U23 will miss the Olympics  in London 2012. The Falconets and Super Falcons will also miss out of the African and world cup competitions. Nigerian premier clubs cannot partake in the CAF Championship for 2 years , Nigerian referee cannot officiate in any competition in Africa or the world etc.

THe Super Eagles will also miss the Nations cup for 2012 and 2013

Has any one counted this cost?  We want to kill the talents we have.

Anyway the younger ones like Stanley Okoro and co will adopt Togo as their nationality to play international football.

Whoever advised Goodluck is clueless and they are putting personal disagreement with Lulu and co above national interest.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Kashif(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA can jump into the lagoon! Will they fund NFF? If the sole sponsor of an organisation says he is tired of their lackluster performance for obvious reason of corruption, what can one do? Why did Globacom leave?

You want GJ to come and tell the world that his FA is corrupt? Remember he is only carrying out the recommendation of the PTF. FIFA my armpit! tongue
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2010
Anyway the younger ones like Stanley Okoro and co will adopt Togo as their nationality to play international football.
hehehehe
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by user32(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2010
It wil be greatest blunder by the president to maintain his stand. Expect increase in crime and prositution because those wasted footballing talent especially youth may enagage themselves in some dubious act to make a living. I think that it is a good step in a very wrong direction.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Meldrick(m): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2010
truly:

Sovereignty comes with responsibility
FIFA is not ordering anybody around - we knew FIFA rules before joining
Blatter is just saying - obey it
If you join a boxing club, you cannot turn around to say that somebody punched a whole you
why is this an issue anyway - we obey rules of
UN, IAEA, IOC, Ecowas, AU, IMF, World bank etc
why is FIFA different

FIFA is very different because the other organisations are there to help out and give aid wheN needed but FIFA is just there to enrish their pockets. REMEMBER LAWS ARE MADE BY MEN AND CAN BE AMMENDED WHEN NECESSARY. AS RIGID AS THE CONSTITUION IS, THERE ISROOM FOR AMMENDMENTS.

HE WHO PLAYS THE PIPER DICTATES THE TUNE. THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT SPENDS THE MONEY, FUNDS THESE PLAYERS. WHERE WAS BLATTER WHEN THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT WAS SPENDING OIL MONEY ON ITS PLAYERS.
THE JUNIOR TEAN UNDER LATE YEMI TELLA WERE COMPENSATED WITH HOUSES IN ABUJA, WAS BLATTER BLIND THEN?  A TEAM WILL BE COMPENSATED WHERE NECESSARY AND REBUKED WHERE NECESSARY.

TO HELL WITH BLATTER. THEY SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON THE BAD OFFICIATING THAT CHARACTERIZE THE 2010 WORLD CUP.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by dTouch: 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2010
For the FiFa apologists amongst us who keep reminding us of our helplessness since Nigeria has accepted FIFA's government, please get this: Just because I go chop for pikin house no mean say im fit rub garri for my head. FIFa's arrogance will soon kill it.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Reptyle(m): 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
I believe that the President's order was not targetted at the players, but at the rogues that run Nigerian football. There is, however, a better way of getting rid of Lulu and his fellow rogues without quarelling with FIFA and jeorpadizing the hopes and dreams of a whole generation of Nigerian footballers.

Since the NFF derives its funding from government coffers, all the President should have done is direct the sports ministry to starve the NFF of funds. Once the allure of easy money and estacode is removed, I assure you that Lulu and his bunch of jokers will gladly hand over the reins of Nigerian football to whom it may concern and we can then start the rebuilding process. Surely, even FIFA would be unable to argue with the time-worn principle of "He who pays the piper calls the tune."

Methinks the President was a bit too hasty in his decision but I know he meant well. We need to adopt a less combative posture in tackling this issue as we would be the ultimate losers. The President needs to rescind his order and tow a different line to reform Nigerian football.

However, Lulu, ogunjobi and all those other MALadministrators must NEVER be allowed to return to the glass house!!!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by dTouch: 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
I just had a a dream. I saw Sani Yerima eh, eh I mean Sani Lulu as President of Nigeria. Then along came a certain Goodluck Jonathan together with some tempestuous wind and, and, , ***99yyytr. Ah, phew!! what a nightmare!!!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2010
Dont care really

If they like ban us, I'm tired of watching this set of the 'Super Vultures' play

with their 'okrika football style of play' tongue
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Rmc1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2010
bleep fifa who the bleep does blatter think he is trying to impose a useless ban on a great country . Jonathan wants to sanitise the whole football system he has put his foot down and there was an earth quake. We are a sovereign nation and have the right to clean up the mess in our corrupt football federation with out fifas interference.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by fuke(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2010
Who are these people advisng the president?  I saw this coming, typical Nigerian style.
Dodge the problem instead of  facing it.

By the way, if the Fed Goverment has to disband the team, the president should have ordered
the NFF to do it. With this, Blatter cannot do anything. There is no rule that says you must
register for all FIFA competitions.

This decision will be reversed like the senators empty threat to USA on blacklisting of Nigeria.
Another case o acting before you think.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by houvest: 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2010
Imagine what awe and wow a combination of the silver-winning Olympic team, the 2007 gold winning U-17 team and the siver winning Nigera 2009 U-17 team spiced up with Enyeama, Uche Kalu, Osaze and a few others and managed by Samson Siasia would create. Is this not another golden age for Nigerian football about to be given a harsh abortion because of bad advisers.This is similiar to what Abacha did in 96 and that generation that might have won the AFCON back to back from 94 to maybe 2000 were denied since CAF added jara to the Abacha withdrawal of the National team from South Africa 96 with a 2 year ban.Those who wont learn from history are bound to make the same mistaskes over and over again. E.G. when NFF was about to sack Amodu 5 months to the Mundial, we shouted ourselves hoarse pointing out that the same mistakes made in the 98 and 2002 versions of firing coaches few months to the mundial that resulted in disastrous outings were about to be made but of course they rammed it down our throats. I support the cleansing of the augean stable that is NFF but killing Nigerian football in the process is not an option. A novel approach of doing it without incurring FIFA's wrath needs to be devised like sending EFCC after them. FIFA does not intervene in criminal investigations and their possible consequent penalizations.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Justcash(m): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2010
[b]I love G. Jonathan! No homo! He should ban everything soccer. Let Nigerians concentrate on more important things. Anytime there is a soccer tournament, Nigeria is always at a standstill. Nothing functions. It is at those periods that the highest corrupt acts are carried out.

We have other sports e.g Athletics, B.ball, Volleyball, Golf, Tennis etc, let us face those ones and develop them with the money that LULU and co are plundering and using to to enrich themselves. For how long will they continue to break the hearts of Nigerians in the name of soccer administration? I almost had a High Blood pressure because of those idiots.

For those calling G.Jonathan names for doing this, I advise you'all to go to hell. Go and tell FIFA to be lenient enough with their penalties, cos Nigeria needs a change. The effort to ensure change is sweeping through different sectors of this country.  E.g Inec, Genuine efforts to ensure adequate power generation, Banking sector etc. So, You guys should not say that it is only happening in soccer.

Let it be in our soccer history that a bad team can cause some harm to a particular sport. [/b]
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2010
I love G. Jonathan! No homo! He should ban everything soccer. Let Nigerians concentrate on more important things. Anytime there is a soccer tournament, Nigeria is always at a standstill. Nothing functions. It is at those periods that the highest corrupt acts are carried out.
its comments like this that make me consider quiting NL

what brazen applesauce in broad daylight
cant u use half of ur brain?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Emmacarnegie(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2010
I love Goodluck,let all the players go to hell.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by hackney(m): 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
It has to be said that the ban will affect future players that may do better than
the dimwits that went to the world cup.

The ban is equivalent to idiots affecting the chances of other peoples' chances of
playing.
well sha, na naija.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by blueflame1: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2010
And I thought our leaders where dumb? It seems the average Nigerian is very dumb, which conforms with the long held believe that a country deserves the leadership it gets, cos it is from amongst the people the leaders come from.

Those who support Jonathan banning the team for 2 yrs please tell me:

* The process whereby the ban would lead to a better team in future
* An example were it worked in any country

For those shouting about sovereignty, including the dumb Bio, please tell me

* What has sovereignty got to do with football?
* Who is arguing that Nigeria is not a sovereign country
* How does Fifa being the football governing body threaten Nigeria's sovereignty by following the letter of its statutes and rules
* Giving capacity and experience Italy, France and maybe England did as bad why aint we getting that much drama from any of these countries

Truly speaking Jonathan's Move is more about politics than an altruistic desire to solve our footballing problems, if not what makes it so difficult to prosecute the entire NFF board for corruption using the lawful process of the country?

An option the Fifa president even suggested after the PTF tried to lobby him.

If Jonathan can stop Ogbularfo PDP Chairman what stops him from doing same to an ordinary NFF chairman?

The proposed building of a football house is it an opportunity to further squander money or did the PTF actually recommend that to be the problem with Nigerian football?

And does saying Fifa would ban us for 2yrs are u sure it would be 2 yrs? what if it is indefinite? or 10yrs

Do u realize the ban would include our football league from participating in continental club competitions? Under 17, 21, olympics, ANC, etc
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
national football team from
international matches
following its poor showing at
the World Cup.
*death*
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Justcash(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2010
tkb417:

its comments like this that make me consider[b] quiting NL[/b]

what brazen applesauce in broad daylight
cant u use half of your brain?

Whether you like it or not, It has been banned. Let us concentrate on things we can do better, or rediscover ourselves. Get that in your dull brain! Go and bury yourself if you dnt like it.

Who needs you in NL? Abeg make I hear word jo! Dint know you were in existence until now.

Nice to know that you use more than half of your brain, yet still cannot be sensible.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2010
Justcash:

Whether you like it or not, It has been banned. Let us concentrate on things we can do better, or rediscover ourselves. Get that in your dull brain! Go and bury yourself if you dnt like it.

Who needs you in NL? Abeg make I hear word jo! Dint know you were in existence until now.

Nice to know that you use more than half of your brain, yet still cannot be sensible.
ure depriving a village somewhere of a simpleton

if comments like this
"Anytime there is a soccer tournament, Nigeria is always at a standstill. Nothing functions. It is at those periods that the highest corrupt acts are carried out." can come from a supposedly learned man, then all hope is lost

ure a confirmed doofus to think u have the wherewithal to engage in intellectual discourse on NL

i'll implore you to buy urself some brain if this topic is way too above ur understanding

can u imagine?
arindin afofun
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by naijaswag1: 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2010
It is only one of those misplaced priority, overly passionate fanatical football fans of today who go ahead adopting foreign clubs that are as far as the north pole as theirs that can exhibit this kind of thoughtlessness that GJ has just exhibited.I am not surprised though,just as I thought that we are beginning to see some glimmer of change in Nigerian governance,the ghost of the past presidents that have always left us worse than they met us is beginning to pop up in GJ.Are we the only country that exited disgracefully? What about France and England? what have have the governments of these countries done to correct the anomaly? If GJ Jonathan thinks that he can extend the lawlessness that is inherent in the blood of those that rule Nigeria,He should be reminded that FIFA is an international organization that does not permit such and that Nigeria is too minute when it comes to decision making in football.For the future of the hundreds of youth whose soccer career being an alternative the lack of other viable source of employment,I hope he realizes himself and reverses that unwarranted,silly decision.However,if he refuses,I will support a FIFA ban of 10years for anything soccer as regards to Nigeria so that the pains of this mad decision will always live with Jonathan.He should learn that a leader does not rule with emotions or anger but should do what is right and follow laid down rules.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by naijaking1: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2010
It is very reckless for FIFA to give our sovereign national government an ultimatum and so publicly too. They need a lesson or 2 on diplomacy, you can't push a legitimate national government to the wall and expect them to buckle,  because you're an international association. FIFA has lost all opportunities of settling this dispute amicably, because it gives the government no room to manuever.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by naijaswag1: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2010
naijaking1:

It is very reckless for FIFA to give our sovereign national government an ultimatum and so publicly too. They need a lesson or 2 on diplomacy, you can't push a legitimate national government to the wall and expect them to buckle,  because you're an international association. FIFA has lost all opportunities of settling this dispute amicably, because it gives the government no room to manuever.
I can see that you need a lesson in belonging to groups.If Nigeria is not comfortable with FIFA, they can withdraw their membership or abide by FIFA rules.Nigeria was never coerced to join FIFA.When you belong to an association,you live by the rules or quit.Nobody should justify GJ,the same warning has been issued to France for just calling their NFA for congressional hearing.If w remain adamant and refuse to yield to the voice of reason,I see a four year ban coming.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2010
naijaking1:

we shd have considered our sovereignty when signing the lines to abide by their rules
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA leave us alone oooh!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Justcash(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
tkb417:

ure depriving a village somewhere of a simpleton

if comments like this
"Anytime there is a soccer tournament, Nigeria is always at a standstill. Nothing functions. It is at those periods that the highest corrupt acts are carried out." can come from a supposedly learned man, then all hope is lost

ure a confirmed doofus to think u have the wherewithal to engage in intellectual discourse on NL

i'll implore you to buy urself some brain
if this topic is way too above your understanding

can u imagine?
arindin afofun

You are a real Nonentity! A real waste of space and time.

Intellectual discourse Ko! Discourse intellectual Ni! Can a baboon like you ever make sense, not to talk of indulging in an intellectual discourse?

I am outta here. You aint worth spending time on. I better listen to Vivzelas than the noise you call "Making sense"
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
Come 2 of it unpatriotic players lik FATKUBU n KAITA shld be baned 4 ever n nt d entire team. GJ abeg use thy brain.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2010
Justcash:

You are a real Nonentity! A real waste of space and time.

Intellectual discourse Ko! Discourse intellectual Ni! Can a baboon like you ever make sense, not to talk of indulging in an intellectual discourse?

I am outta here. You aint worth spending time on. I better listen to Vivzelas than the noise you call "Making sense"
run as fast as ur legs can carry you

obo lagido feeling refined

ur mates dey zoo grin grin
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by saintchux(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2010
tkb417:

we shd have considered our sovereignty when signing the lines to abide by their rules

Does it mean we can not withdraw our membership of FIFA?. Am yet to see organisation that membership is by force by fire.

naija_swag:

I can see that you need a lesson in belonging to groups.If Nigeria is not comfortable with FIFA, they can withdraw their membership or abide by FIFA rules.Nigeria was never coerced to join FIFA.When you belong to an association,you live by the rules or quit.Nobody should justify GJ,the same warning has been issued to France for just calling their NFA for congressional hearing.If w remain adamant and refuse to yield to the voice of reason,I see a four year ban coming.

Nigeria is not begging FIFA to allow them participate. Nigeria said I want to withdraw for 2yrs, let me put my house in order. If it is against FIFA rule, let them sanction us and let us be. Is there any problem with that.

Let us see what will happen within the 2yrs of re branding Nigeria football.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by calyx: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2010
This FIFA statement is really provocative. If I were the President, I would call FIFA a big bluff and possibly ban Super Eagles indefinitely from FIFA organised games. what madness!!!

The matter would get solved anyway, politically. . .FIFA still needs our money in whatever form they get it.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2010
Does it mean we can not withdraw our membership of FIFA?. Am yet to see organisation that membership is by force by fire.
hehehehe
u can withdraw but when ure ready to enter, they will tell you to wait for 25 years
no space again grin grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Absu(m): 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2010
baning dem shuld nt hv bin d rit step, he shuld use styl and remove all of dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Week 39 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 30 March 2024 / Victor Anichebe Joins Beijing Enterprises, Chinese Club / African Nations Cup Adjusted For Ramadan, To Begin On June 21 (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.