Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution (1053 Views)

Senate Says It Is Ready To Amend Nigerian Constitution To Okay State Police / Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution / Re: Atiku Abubakar Not Qualified For Presidency. Nigerian Constitution Speaks... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by NaijaMutant(f): 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hello Feminists,

Do you know that the Nigerian constitution is biased in favor of the women to the detriment of the men?

I guess you must already be used to a special governmental ministerial department known as the ministry of women affairs undecided

I know it probably sounds quite familiar, with the ministry headed by the popular mama Taraba (Mrs Aisha Alhassan)

Here is the big question :

Have you ever heard of the ministry of men affairs?

Well, the Nigerian constitution obviously doesn't care about the men and their well being.

It's high time you stopped viewing the world through your biased lens of inequality.

What's your opinion about this?
Drop your comments below

2 Likes

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2018
I thought you guys said it is a man's world so why are you all complaining of bias.
I am sure the ministry of Niger delta affairs and NDDc should be scraped since it gives special treatment to some people even the quota system in Nigeria.

Nobody can argue for a fact that women in this part of the world are disadvantaged and are at the receiving end which is why such a ministry was established to cater for their needs if men feel threatened or short changed they should tell their brothers in the national assembly to make a ministry of men affairs or better still change it to a ministry of gender affairs.

Lastly Nigeria does not have strong institutions and these ministries are a waste of time and resources because I am yet to see an impact.

2 Likes

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by NaijaMutant(f): 9:14am On Sep 10, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
I thought you guys said it is a man's world so why are you all complaining of bias.
I am sure the ministry of Niger delta affairs and NDDc should be scraped since it gives special treatment to some people even the quota system in Nigeria.

Nobody can argue for a fact that women in this part of the world are disadvantaged and are at the receiving end which is why such a ministry was established to cater for their needs if men feel threatened or short changed they should tell their brothers in the national assembly to make a ministry of men affairs or better still change it to a ministry of gender affairs.

Lastly Nigeria does not have strong institutions and these ministries are a waste of time and resources because I am yet to see an impact.

Hey Dear,

Please, stop generalizing this your collective victim and marginalized mentality over the women folk.

I just pointed out an institutionalized case which was evidently biased against the men and in favor of the women.

Agree or disagree?

2 Likes

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by Truckpusher(m): 9:20am On Sep 10, 2018
Feminists will avoid this thread like a plague or simply resort to bashing the op.

Okada!! abeg , drop me for here.
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Hey Dear,

Please, stop generalizing this your collective victim and marginalized mentality over the women folk.

I just pointed out an institutionalized case which was evidently biased against the men and in favor of the women.

Agree or disagree?
It is not a victim mentality but what is true that women are mostly at the receiving end,speaking out against something that seems unfair is not a victim mentality. And nobody is stopping men from speaking out if they are abused but due to the close minded society we find ourselves and the unnecessary pride or ego they have they would not want to talk about the verbal,physical and emotional abuse they may suffer.

And I gave another example(quota system,Niger delta affairs)which may be marginalising some other regions it is also institutionalized if you ask me and I gave a solution in my post(ministry of gender affairs or mens affairs)

2 Likes

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by NaijaMutant(f): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
It is not a victim mentality but what is true that women are mostly at the receiving end,speaking out against something that seems unfair is not a victim mentality. And nobody is stopping men from speaking out if they are abused but due to the close minded society we find ourselves and the unnecessary pride or ego they have they would not want to talk about the verbal,physical and emotional abuse they may suffer.

And I gave another example(quota system,Niger delta affairs)which may be marginalising some other regions it is also institutionalized if you ask me and I gave a solution in my post(ministry of gender affairs or mens affairs)

The world has never been fair to anyone.
But, we have to appreciate human efforts to bring about equity and not the wrong ideology of equality as proposed by feminists undecided

1 Like

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:16am On Sep 10, 2018
NaijaMutant:

The world has never been fair to anyone.
But, we have to appreciate human efforts to bring about equity and not the wrong ideology of equality as proposed by feminists undecided

Equality equity fairness respect for the dignity of human persons is not a wrong ideology.
I share in the feminist ideology in as much as we have radicals does not mean that the movement should be painted black.Every movement must have extremist and there would always be pros and cons and I agree that the world has not always been fair to everyone but when we have strong institutions there would be fairness even if it is only 30%

3 Likes

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by NaijaMutant(f): 10:55am On Sep 10, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

Equality equity fairness respect for the dignity of human persons is not a wrong ideology.
I share in the feminist ideology in as much as we have radicals does not mean that the movement should be painted black.Every movement must have extremist and there would always be pros and cons and I agree that the world has not always been fair to everyone but when we have strong institutions there would be fairness even if it is only 30%

This is reasonably fair enough cool
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:13am On Sep 10, 2018
So called feminists have this inherent victim mentality. They are psychologically brutalised (self brutalisation) that they mask their demand for favoritism towards them to "equality agitation'" simply because of their devilish agenda to cause chaos in the society.

Like I have always maintained, the basis for feminism our country is baseless, ill-conceived, anti-social, demonic and devilish.

Nigeria constitution and laws gives everyone equal rights. There is NO legal discrimination in Nigeria, if there is any then it is in favor of the female.

We see a lot of job vacancies that specifically display preference towards female applicants, including those of international NGOs. We see women getting special considerations in government with MDAs created specifically for them. But how many have we seen in favor of the men?

Yet, some misguided and frustrated nitwits that call themselves feminists will come out to play victim in spite of these.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2018
[s]
AmazonTopaz:

[/s]
We don't care about any specialized ministry for men so don't even play that card...

And if you aren't aware, neither of NDDC nor Niger Delta Affairs ministry meet the yearning of people of the region. Both aren't even a favor done to the people of the region as the demand is absolutely different and these agencies are more like settling for less.

It is common sense that when a man comes to your farmland to farm and plough your resources, he's expected to give returns to you in form of worthy compensation.

The Niger Delta region suffers from environmental degradation, pollution, flaring of gas, poisoning of water (thereby killing her fishing occupation) and the soil and several others, while the government take the resources to share among areas that aren't affected.

It is sane, not just fair that a worthy compensation is given to these people so as to have their lives. Comparing a justified Niger Delta situation with the useless, evil and hopeless Feminism is a great insult to sanity.

Thank You

Over and out!

3 Likes

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by tinkinjow: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

Sorry the examples you pointed out do not single out any sex. Again the argument women are being marginalized is neither here nor there...it's has more to do with ambitions than idealogy. A true test of this is to research on the aspirations of sons and daughters of say wealthy families that have offered same opportunities to her female children as her male children, to a greater extent you will discover that the aspirations of these female children falls far short when compared to their male counterpart...so what am i trying to say? The fact is that even when the "girl child" is "liberated" in terms of education and learning her expectations of herself doesn't seek to be as domineering of her environment in over 85% of the time as would the male folks...this is not men's fault...who knows, may be it's natural

2 Likes

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by NaijaMutant(f): 11:56am On Sep 10, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
We don't care about any specialized ministry for men so don't even play that card...

And if you aren't aware, neither of NDDC nor Niger Delta Affairs ministry meet the yearning of people of the region. Both aren't even a favor done to the people of the region as the demand is absolutely different and these agencies are more like settling for less.

It is common sense that when a man comes to your farmland to farm and plough your resources, he's expected to give returns to you in form of worthy compensation.

The Niger Delta region suffers from environmental degradation, pollution, flaring of gas, poisoning of water (thereby killing her fishing occupation) and the soil and several others, while the government take the resources to share among areas that aren't affected.

It is sane, not just fair that a worthy compensation is given to these people so as to have their lives. Comparing a justified Niger Delta situation with the useless, evil and hopeless Feminism is a great insult to sanity.

Thank You

Over and out!

See savagery grin
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
Don't try to school me on what I know in the post which you hyperventventilating on I am sure you saw the part where I pointed out that these ministries are inefficient so why tell me that they do not meet your yearnings as a people.Have women not also been short changed hence why a ministry was created to cater for their needs.Oga go and sleep and try not to disturb my mentions again.Your view about feminism changes nothing about it.
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

Thank You

Over and out!

1 Like

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
tinkinjow:

Sorry the examples you pointed out do not single out any sex. Again the argument women are being marginalized is neither here nor there...it's has more to do with ambitions than idealogy. A true test of this is to research on the aspirations of sons and daughters of say wealthy families that have offered same opportunities to her female children as her male children, to a greater extent you will discover that the aspirations of these female children falls far short when compared to their male counterpart...so what am i trying to say? The fact is that even when the "girl child" is "liberated" in terms of education and learning her expectations of herself doesn't seek to be as domineering of her environment in over 85% of the time as would the male folks...this is not men's fault...who knows, may be it's natural

It is related to what the Op posted about a ministry of women affairs and I pointed out a similarity.

Also your view has no accurate statistics to back up your claims.I am still trying to understand your assertion.
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2018
[s]
AmazonTopaz:
Don't try to school me on what I know in the post which you hyperventventilating on I am sure you saw the part where I pointed out that these ministries are inefficient so why tell me that they do not meet your yearnings as a people.Have women not also been short changed hence why a ministry was created to cater for their needs.Oga go and sleep and try not to disturb my mentions again.Your view about feminism changes nothing about it.
[/s]

No gender has been shortchanged, not female. The society actually created those special MDAs for women because it feels it is "unfair" not to give some "special" privileges to women. Yet, ingrates that called themselves feminists want more special privileges at the expense of men.

In political parties (PDP) they give women nomination forms to run for election FREE OF CHARGE, meanwhile, no such consideration is given to male aspirants, male aspirants are made to cough out millions to get same form that women get for FREE, yet you ingrates won't stop disturbing societal peace.

In political parties (like MDAs) they have units/departments specifically to cater for the needs of women, yet you people still cry foul.

There is something called "women empowerment" but nothing like "men empowerment", yet you people won't stop nagging.

You won't be satisfied even if men sacrifice their heads to please you.

I will continue to maintain that advocates of feminism are motivated by illiteracy, ignorance, evil/wickedness and great frustration.
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
NaijaMutant:

See savagery grin
My brother, nothing angers me more than this feminism crap!!!
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by NaijaMutant(f): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, nothing angers me more than this feminism crap!!!

Who be your brother tongue

Feminism has no place in our society.

Whoever wants to practice feminism should go to America undecided
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

No gender has been shortchanged, not female. The society actually created those special MDAs for women because it feels it is "unfair" not to give some "special" privileges to women. Yet, ingrates that called themselves feminists want more special privileges at the expense of men.

In political parties (PDP) they give women nomination forms to run for election FREE OF CHARGE, meanwhile, no such consideration is given to male aspirants, male aspirants are made to cough out millions to get same form that women get for FREE, yet you ingrates won't stop disturbing societal peace.

In political parties (like MDAs) they have units/departments specifically to cater for the needs of women, yet you people still cry foul.

There is something called "women empowerment" but nothing like "men empowerment", yet you people won't stop nagging.

You won't be satisfied even if men sacrifice their heads to please you.

I will continue to maintain that advocates of feminism are motivated by illiteracy, ignorance, evil/wickedness and great frustration

@emboldened,Continue displaying your ignorance I don't really care now take your problem out of my,mentions cool

It is obvious you are pained and your hatred for feminism changes nothing
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
NaijaMutant:

I could say the same thing for democracy and religion tongue
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Okay, my sister... tongue

Even in America the so-called feminist chants can't be justified! Let Chimamanda be fooling herself (Hilary Clinton still has "wife" in her Bio). Feminism has no place in our world! Let everyone hustle for themselves

1 Like

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
@emboldened,Continue displaying your ignorance I don't really care now take your problem out of my,mentions cool

It is obvious you are pained and your hatred for feminism changes nothing
Who is pained?

One that cries foul all the time even when she is favored over her male counterparts or the one that tells her to grow up and stop nagging and playing victim card?

And I hate "feminism"! Everyone with sanity do. I also hate the fact that I am wasting my data and battery discussing this crap called feminism

1 Like

Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Who is pained?

One that cries foul all the time even when she is favored over her male counterparts or the one that tells her to grow up and stop nagging and playing victim card?

And I hate "feminism"! Everyone with sanity do. I also hate the fact that I am wasting my data and battery discussing this crap called feminism

You are pained.No one is crying foul here you have been the one hyperventilating on my mentions
Every 'ism' is hated right you fail to understand that people have different ideologies stick to yours and let me stick to mine.
Feminism is a crap(just laughing) male chauvinism,sexism is also a crap.And I agree I have been wasting my valuable time exchanging words with a close minded person.
Re: Sexism In The Nigerian Constitution by NaijaMutant(f): 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lalasticlala, Dominique

We need a wider view on this discuss undecided

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Oshiomole Working For PDP / EFCC: Orji Kalu N7.65B In Germany , Metu N400M Denied Treatment Abroad. / Yahaya Bello And His Kind, Never Again!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.