Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,939 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:25 AM

IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts (20948 Views)

Man Reveals How F-SARS Shot Him In The Leg During Arrest - Photo / F-SARS Arrests Most Wanted Imo Kidnappers, Recovers Pistol, Vehicle / 12 Facts To Know About The New F-SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by dabrin: 4:38am On Sep 10, 2018
The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has told operatives of the reformed Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad to desist from checking citizens’ bank account details.

The IG also warned the F-SARS operatives not to invade people’s phones and laptops unless there was a court order or an instruction from the Commissioner of Police in charge of a state police command.

Speaking during a workshop in Owerri, the Imo State capital, Idris warned that any F-SARS operative who violated the new rules would be dismissed from the force.

Ibrahim, who was represented by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the IGP’s X-Squad, Amaechi Elumelu, said any F-SARS operative who handled cases not related to armed robbery and kidnapping would equally be dismissed from the Force.

He said, “Under the new era in F-SARS, operatives must be professional and respect the rights and privileges of all citizens. In the past, F-SARS was considered as the most elitist and professional unit of the police force.

“In the last few years, the unit has been riddled with allegations of abuse and excesses which made the public to call for its disbandment.

“Under the reformed F-SARS, it is illegal to search suspects’ phones, computers, or inquire about their bank account details without proper authorisation.

“Henceforth, F-SARS commanders must get directives from the state Commissioners of Police before invading people’s privacy. Any officer who disobeys will be dismissed.”

The police boss said all operatives of F-SARS would undergo medical evaluation in order to guarantee their mental, psychological and emotional condition.

Source >>> http://gistmore.com/ig-dismiss-f-sars-men-check-bank-accounts

Lalasticlala

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by dabrin: 4:39am On Sep 10, 2018
Very good
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by GentleMoney: 5:19am On Sep 10, 2018

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 5:19am On Sep 10, 2018
k
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by DAntivirus: 5:19am On Sep 10, 2018
What if they are checking bank accounts to assist citizens with monthly account reconciliation grin

F-SARS = Financial SARS

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by Throwback: 5:20am On Sep 10, 2018
Did you as IGP need to get a scolding from the Acting President before you do your job and check a downward spiral that became endemic during your own tenure, despite the widespread complaints and campaign for redress over many months?

You are as useless as the many administrators that have passed through NIPSS Kuru, yet are only figure heads of the different stations of authority they occupy, bereft of any ingenuity and will power that would have made their establishments, agencies and departments efficient.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by goslowgoslow(m): 5:20am On Sep 10, 2018
This one na mouth talk.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by Yambee: 5:20am On Sep 10, 2018
Welcome development.
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:21am On Sep 10, 2018
Good development
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 10, 2018
Good for our democracy
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by abescom: 5:23am On Sep 10, 2018
So how would they prove those useless boys actually check people's account?

There is no way anyone can realistically prove that his or her account was checked by those criminals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by Pr0cter: 5:24am On Sep 10, 2018
Na wa
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by Jtmanager(m): 5:24am On Sep 10, 2018
k
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by Zendinho(m): 5:25am On Sep 10, 2018
IG AND HIS OFFICERS

Before the media: Police is your friend.
Behind closed door : Officer, where is my share of the rogger?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by claseek(f): 5:28am On Sep 10, 2018
Story. All the ones that were reported in the past, why didn't they do anything. At least, there were many victims that secretly took pictures or videos of some of these thieves while they were wrongly accosted, sent them to social media and tagged all their verified pages. They did nothing, (even after exposing their faces) but looked the other way, only for yomi shogunle to make mockery of it and insult or intelligence on twitter.

The ones that were also reported to their office nko? Nothing! We never heard any SARS officer dismissed or punished.

The rot has eaten deep even into the low and high offices, even the commander that's making this directive is corrupt..all these ones na wash!

I maintain that they need to be disbanded, not just reformed.

13 Likes

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by 9japarrot: 5:28am On Sep 10, 2018
Oga Transmission Ekale ooo..

tongue

16 Likes

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by vioment: 5:31am On Sep 10, 2018
That is not enough to build trust. We need to start taking advanced thought out steps to development instead of these half an inch steps.
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by mercenary: 5:32am On Sep 10, 2018
Talk is cheap... Match words with action
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 10, 2018
abescom:
So how would they prove those useless boys actually check people's account?

There is no way anyone can realistically prove that his or her account was checked by those criminals.
Hahahahaha
Possibly after being robbed by them and ending up in the mortuary

1 Like

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by holuphisayor(m): 5:38am On Sep 10, 2018
How many u wan dismiss?

FSARS police are goats dem no dey hear word.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by arantess: 5:39am On Sep 10, 2018
Some clowns up there are still shouting good development, Nigerians sef
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by maxiuc(m): 5:41am On Sep 10, 2018
angry

This transconfusion

Buhari government has the largest incompetent clowns

2 Likes

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by yeyeboi(m): 5:41am On Sep 10, 2018
Ok
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by TFLAME(m): 5:43am On Sep 10, 2018
Make I hear word .. this idiots came to my compound last week Wednesday and packed 6 guys , they had to bail them with 60 grand . F this BS . Mofos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by maigemuu: 5:43am On Sep 10, 2018
Truly Osinbanjo na pastor

IGP has just received sense.
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by seunlayi(m): 5:51am On Sep 10, 2018

What are you people celebrating? Is this the solution to the problem?

Why not simply renovate all police stations (not police posts), build decent and accommodating cells with provision for good food, beds, etc for detainees, including prisons (after all, they are still innocent until proven guilty).

I mean, when no Nigeria will be afraid of walking in and out of police stations for interrogations, protective custody etc

Let see if our existing laws (duration of detention, free bail, etc)will not be effective and offering/collection of bribe reduced.

All I know is that only a lazy police system extract information by force from suspect. A good police system will make suspect admits without stress that the game is up for him

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by tayo4ng(m): 5:52am On Sep 10, 2018
Osinbajo for second term, i just got to Lagos yesterday and discover that must of those lekki yahoo boys are really happy with this development. The harassment here by SARS is just too much,they extort those guys at a slide opportunity.
Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by 3RNEST(m): 5:55am On Sep 10, 2018
Things are just too hard now in Nigeria...imagine this morning one guy in my area was begging me to buy his cat but I told him that I don't need a Cat that I don't even have Rat in my house, he said he will bring Rat in the evening.

8 Likes

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by mmadu5(m): 5:56am On Sep 10, 2018
I WAS STOPPED AND SEARCHED YESTERDAY THEY EVEN CHECKED MY PHONE THIS HAPPENED ON MY WAY FROM CHURCH . YOU CAN GIVE ORDERS ALL YOU WANT BUT YOUR BOYS CAN NEVER LISTEN ... THESE SARS MEN NEEDS TO BE THROWN INTO A FACTORY AND BURN THEM INTO ASHES RECRUIT A NEW TEAM

3 Likes

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by anyicash(m): 5:56am On Sep 10, 2018
Believe them at your own peril

1 Like

Re: IG To Dismiss F-SARS Men Who Check Bank Accounts by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 10, 2018
If you're close to them you would know all these is just to calm the public outcry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Policemen Beat Motorcyclist In Anambra Over N5000 Bribe (Video) / Newborn Baby Dumped In A Bush In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) / Chinese Kills And Eats Black Africans In Gabon(Graphic Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.