Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: (5640 Views)

Poll: This is:

stupid and stubborn: 46% (25 votes)
patriotic and wise: 53% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Escapes FIFA Ban As Court Dismisses Case / FIFA To Ban Nigeria By The End Of Today If... / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Pharoh: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2010
Is it fifa that pays the salary of these nff officials?

Is it fifa that employed these peeps to work as our football officials?

So the Nigerian government is a fool that should just let these nff thieves mismanage its investments without any reaction because fifa has its own rules and code of conduct.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by benlay(m): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2010
cutting off the head is not the solution to one's headache, says a yoruba adage. Let's just change the way we do things, No system in Nigeria is working, Power, banking, communication, sports, the worst of all Government-Legislature, executive & Judiciary have all failed. Mr President has made more mockery of Nigeria and Nigerians more, the news was all over the international press including CNN, NY times, BBC even local newspaper in the US carried the news and they were all like is it only football/NFF that needs overhauling? Nigeria needs 'serious healing'. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry embarassed sad angry lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Travelista(f): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2010
ElRazur:

FIFA is made up of Footballing Association in each member states. These members have to abide by codes, rules, regulations and other code of conduct that they signed up to. Breaching any of these will bring out consequences. As it stand, FIFA is playing by the rules. On the other hand, Nigeria's Jonathan is merely interefering and crossing this lines. This have nothing to do with Politics or anything. This have nothing to do with corruption. If Jonathan uses his head rightly, he should have reaslise that there are procedures. That is, let him prove they are corrupt, and then work along side with FIFA to bring about order.

As it stand, Jonathan is going down the wrong path. Any association formed after his intervention will not be recognised, so we can kiss good bye to international events when it comes to football. Who is losing out? Which ever you look at it, it is the Nigerian that are losing out.

No offense but politics and corruption are very much involved in this issue. When you have elected officials traveling to SA with family and staff on the government dime, it's an issue of corruption. When you have officials that make decisions based on how big a kickback they'll receive, you have corruption. FIFA does not run Nigeria, Jonathan does. If government money goes towards NFF and it's not running properly, he has the right to take action. FIFA's codes and regulations can NEVER supersede the well-being of a member nation; that doesn't happen and if Nigeria were to roll over and take it, then we're beyond redemption.

I'm still waiting to hear how a sporting organization trumps a nation's sovereignty.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by jokingmary(m): 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2010
If its also going to affect super eaglets then I'm cry in soup cry
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Travelista(f): 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2010
benlay:

cutting off the head is not the solution to one's headache,  says a yoruba adage. Let's just change the way we do things, No system in Nigeria is working, Power, banking, communication, sports, the worst of all Government-Legislature, executive & Judiciary have all failed. Mr President has made more mockery of Nigeria and Nigerians more, the news was all over the international press including CNN, NY times, BBC even local newspaper in the US carried the news and they were all like is it only football/NFF that needs overhauling? Nigeria needs 'serious healing'. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry embarassed sad angry lipsrsealed

You're being a little melodramatic here. No one cares about Jonathan's NFF decision overseas like that; you make it seem as if it's world rocking news when it barely gets a blip of a mention. With corruption, you have to start somewhere and Jonathan has started with NFF. They've had chance after chance to right themselves and they've failed; take them apart brick by brick and start afresh. If you think the President is making a mockery of Nigerians, I'd hate to think of what you thought of the Super Eagles performance during the World Cup!
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by densil(m): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2010
WTF Is wrong wit mr president and his congress men? How wil we improve if we dnt get involve? Yes! since 1996 no gr8t history made let it be. Wot do we xpect wen D structure is corupt Mr president. D idea is rubish. Sani lulu shld go home. Lars lagabak thank god he went. Sisia d rit man. Stil lov ma nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2010
So if the Super Eagles had performed well in SA, would that have justified the corruption the President is now trying to curtail? Would there have been an investigation and withdrawing the national soccer team from international competitions?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by ElRazur: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2010
Travelista:

No offense but politics and corruption are very much involved in this issue. When you have elected officials traveling to SA with family and staff on the government dime, it's an issue of corruption. When you have officials that make decisions based on how big a kickback they'll receive, you have corruption. FIFA does not run Nigeria, Jonathan does. If government money goes towards NFF and it's not running properly, he has the right to take action. FIFA's codes and regulations can NEVER supersede the well-being of a member nation; that doesn't happen and if Nigeria were to roll over and take it, then we're beyond redemption.

I'm still waiting to hear how a sporting organization trumps a nation's sovereignty.

The issue of corruption is endemic in Nigeria, we are forever corrupt, and no denying this. You see, if there have been mismanagement of fund like some have suggested, I would have expected that the normal protocols are followed? Like I said before, this will be.   .    .   .  say auditing their accounts, and then compiling a case against them. I mean, that will be the order to go, and not the way he has done it so far.

FIFA is an independent body, and in order to keep the game reputable, there are rules member states have to play by. As it stand, Nigeria is not playing by the rules am afraid.  Jonathan in my opinion, acted in a moment of madness or should I dare suggest he is getting power drunk.

A sporting organisation in this case is FIFA, and as it stand controls everything about the game. I'm sorry, but your point of sovereignty is a weak. FIFA is not asking Nigeria not to create a new state, nor it it telling Jonathan to do something that is affecting the nation's sovereignty as it stand. It is instead asking Nigeria to respect the rules of the organisation and not to interfere as stipulated in the rules Nigeria's FA signed up to.

You see, these things are two different things and as such please let us not thread that line of argument.

Can you please explain to me as to how this benefit Nigeria's footballing future? Bear in mind, we are losing funding, we wont be recognised in any fifa sports - and this is not just foot ball player, but it will probably affect referees who may be needed to blow for international tournament, training etc. I don't know about you, but this is a step backward. I mean, after all said and done, FIFA may not recognise the people Jonathan may appoint, then what? What an own goal.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by shigidi(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2010
ElRazur:

The issue of corruption is endemic in Nigeria, we are forever corrupt, and no denying this. You see, if there have been mismanagement of fund like some have suggested, I would have expected that the normal protocols are followed? Like I said before, this will be.   .    .   .  say auditing their accounts, and then compiling a case against them. I mean, that will be the order to go, and not the way he has done it so far.

FIFA is an independent body, and in order to keep the game reputable, there are rules member states have to play by. As it stand, Nigeria is not playing by the rules am afraid.  Jonathan in my opinion, acted in a moment of madness or should I dare suggest he is getting power drunk.

A sporting organisation in this case is FIFA, and as it stand controls everything about the game. I'm sorry, but your point of sovereignty is a weak. FIFA is not asking Nigeria not to create a new state, nor it it telling Jonathan to do something that is affecting the nation's sovereignty as it stand. It is instead asking Nigeria to respect the rules of the organisation and not to interfere as stipulated in the rules Nigeria's FA signed up to.

You see, these things are two different things and as such please let us not thread that line of argument.

Can you please explain to me as to how this benefit Nigeria's footballing future? Bear in mind, we are losing funding, we wont be recognised in any fifa sports - and this is not just foot ball player, but it will probably affect referees who may be needed to blow for international tournament, training etc. I don't know about you, but this is a step backward. I mean, after all said and done, FIFA may not recognise the people Jonathan may appoint, then what? What an own goal.
SUPERB POINT
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Rastamann: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2010
Izamoje also criticized FIFA president Sepp Blatter for his handling of the situation.

“Blatter comes into any country, goes straight to the head of state, seeks governmental powers to host his competitions, and when things go wrong and government wants to correct, he comes with his hammer,” he said.

Absolutely correct!
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by infobut(m): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2010
@ Elrazur
Just so that you know it's impossible to get a positive probe on a sitting body,Believe me NFF officials will frustrate any probe.Besides Fifa is also losing out on this one too cos less Nigerians interest in football is bad business for FIfa.If you read in between the lines you will find where an audit as been ordered so i believe the presido is just putting them aside so that they can't frustrate the auditing.Fifa is just a useless body if you ask me and i think it's time government of the world protest over their  bullying mentality(That is what it is). Except you are trying to tell me there is a country whose government will want to interfere badly in it's national football association i don't see any reason why government shouldn't interfere. Be it melodramatic or not i think Goodluck is trying to invite the Fifa officials and when they come Monday this issue will be resolved amicably.He just did the invitation in such a way to pass a message i understand very well.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by ElRazur: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2010
infobut:

@ Elrazur
Just so that you know it's impossible to get a positive probe on a sitting body,Believe me NFF officials will frustrate any probe.Besides Fifa is also losing out on this one too cos less Nigerians interest in football is bad business for FIfa.If you read in between the lines you will find where an audit as been ordered so i believe the presido is just putting them aside so that they can't frustrate the auditing.Fifa is just a useless body if you ask me and i think it's time government of the world protest over their  bullying mentality(That is what it is). Except you are trying to tell me there is a country whose government will want to interfere badly in it's national football association i don't see any reason why government shouldn't interfere. Be it melodramatic or not i think Goodluck is trying to invite the Fifa officials and when they come Monday this issue will be resolved amicably.He just did the invitation in such a way to pass a message i understand very well.

How can it be impossible, when such probe was never given a fair chance? Surely, the suspension of all the people involve most likely means it will be highly improbable to gather an audit as those who hold the needed information may be no where to be found as they are on suspension? No?

In fairness to Jonathan, he probably wanted the best, but he's gone about it the wrong way, and his actions may well prove to be counter productive.

How is FIFA bullying anyone, when all they did was remind Jonathan that there are rules, and as such member states are bound by these rules?

The English FA is bad too, but you do not see the Prime minster or the Queen throwing her toy out of the pram, simply because England performed woefully, even though they have one of the finest players in the world. Instead, the FA have ordered a systematic probe to highlight what the problems are and to come to a solution over time. Surely, Nigeria could possibly adopt this sort of approach instead of the Dictator-style Jonathan is employing at the moment? No?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by asamuel: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2010
the ban is long overdue. Let's redirect our energies and resources into what matter most - electricity, infrastructures, jobs, etc - since those guys are extremely unserious. Thanks Jo.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2010
[size=28pt]Finally, NIGERIA Bans FIFA[/size]

By Ikeddy ISIGUZO, Chairman Editorial Board

YEARS of FIFA’s deceit has finally caught up with it in its relations with Nigeria, a country that FIFA treats with the lowest standards when it matters in implementing its statutes. For decades, Nigerians have appealed for FIFA to intervene in government’s wholesale administration of football in Nigeria.

FIFA hid behind its fingers, refusing to admit that Decree 101 that ran Nigerian football from 1992 and still exists as a Nigerian law was interference. In summary, this law says the Minister of Sports has the final say in administration of football in Nigeria.

It might just be the law that the Minister of Sports could rest on in effecting the changes that the Federal Government want in Nigeria football. FIFA lived with this law for 18 years and cannot suddenly reject it.

Concerned Nigerians cried to FIFA about this. The same Sepp Joseph Blatter, whether as Secretary-General or FIFA President knew about Decree 101. What did he do then?

Talks of FIFA banning Nigeria or expelling it from football have been on the lips of corrupt, incompetent and lazy football administrators whose only response to charges that they should lead the country through better standards has been to wave the FIFA ban as if this country cannot survive without football.

FIFA is unconcerned about the incompetence of the Nigeria Football Association represents. It remains deaf to allegations of theft of public funds, money that belongs to Nigerians. FIFA is not bothered that the NFA wantonly disregards the same Statutes that FIFA claims government is violating when it asks the NFA operates with a measure of decency.

Does FIFA know how much the Nigerian government spends (wastes) on football annually? Does it know that the NFA refuses to democratise its operations?

Would FIFA say it has not received complaints that the State Football Associations in Nigeria are not elected but appointed contrary to Article 21 (5) of the NFA Statutes.

According to Article 21 (5), “State Executive Committee: a) Each State Football Association shall be composed of twelve (12) persons, four (4) elected from each senatorial district made up as follows: Chairman, 2 Vice Chairmen, 9 Ordinary Members b) All the above officers shall be elected at the Annual General Assembly of the State Football Association”.
No State meets these criteria as State FAs are appointed, not elected, and do not reflect the geo-political and democratic opportunities of the NFA Statutes. The NFA Board which FIFA recognises, apparently based on the Statutes, is inherently illegal. Complaints to FIFA about these matters are ignored, probably an indication of the opaque way FIFA operates.

Corruption and a huge does of incompetence have ruined Nigerian football. FIFA encouraged the ruination of Nigerian football over the years by refusing to pay attention to the complaints that flowed regularly into its offices in Zurich. Its concern over Nigeria, in this instance, is that a proper investigation of the comatose state of the game in Nigeria would indict FIFA.

Right from the cases of over-aged players that NFA officials promote, to the scandals of thefts and undemocratic tendencies, FIFA would issue warnings that government was interfering.

By our laws, the Nigerian government can ask the NFA to account for public money it spends. FIFA calls this interference. The $8 million earned for qualifying for the World Cup is not NFA’s money, it belongs to Nigerians who expect that the NFA should account for it. FIFA also sees this as interference.

Was FIFA not embarrassed by the poor standards of local organisation that attended the FIFA U-17 Championship in Nigeria last year under the superintendence of the NFA? What did it do about the construction of pitches that floated at the drop of the rains? Or the low quality of services availed the teams?

Blatter and his colleagues in Zurich might not have heard that the competence of the NFA led Nigeria to pay a fine of $125,000 for breaching accommodation contract in South Africa for the Eagles. Why did FIFA not query Nigerian officials for ignoring its official World Cup hotel for the Eagles?

FIFA says the NFA election should go ahead, as usual, ignoring complaints about policies that the NFSA adopted to exclude other contestants from the polls. Some of the measures were the deadlines set for the collection and submission of forms, all of which were to be concluded while the responsible football officials were in South Africa for the World Cup. FIFA rated the brazenness of this move adequately democratic.

The Federal Government should be more far reaching in implementing this decision. Measures to ensure that football is better organised must be effected in the two year duration. One area that should get attention is the re-structuring of the system for players to access the national teams, especially the junior teams, which should be nurseries, but which corrupt NFA officials fill with men on the verge of retirement.

It is expected that at the end of the self ban, Nigerian football would have improved. Hopefully too, FIFA should have cleansed itself of interference, through negligence, of Nigerian football.

Threats of expulsion from FIFA should not stop the Federal Government from rescuing Nigerians from the vice grip of a football administration that is so soaked in incompetence that it gleefully led Nigeria to its worst Nations Cup performance in 26 at the 2008 edition in Ghana and while it was at it, its Chairman ensured that his posters were pasted in Kumasi.

Nigerians surely deserve better standards of football administration than the mediocrity that FIFRA supported over the years with Decree 101.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by majoroller: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2010
what i think the president should have done being a politician is use close door method as in,have a close door meeting with these nff fools and advise them all to declare that for the interest of moving football forward in our country they will not be contesting for re-election and that an interim body will run d affairs of sport till a new body emerges, this will have save us fifa hammer and having to deal with all these bull,if as a president you cant make official resign their post then how will be able to curb corrupt officials in government, its done all d world and you see powerfull giving up their post and using flimsy excuses, so Mr President be smart next time,theirs no need to disband because when they see that you're after their ass they will humbly give it up, i know some ppl will argue that they will go to fifa but trust me they Deere not especially with the kind of evident they will be looking at and promises that their neck is in line, plssssssssssssss, peacefull we will reorganise our house without any outsider,
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by ElRazur: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2010
@FLG

It is expected that at the end of the self ban, Nigerian football would have improved. Hopefully too, FIFA should have cleansed itself of interference, through negligence, of Nigerian football.

In over 40 years time, electricity cannot be maintained or improved, how they heck are we gonna make dramatic changes in two years when it comes to foot ball? I am not convinced.

EDIT
Instead of dealing with the issue, the Journalist appeared to be pointing fingers at FIFA, what a joke.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by knice(m): 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2010
It is unfortunate that our beloved country of about 144 million people, according to Population count 2006 can't produce 11 quality, talented and determined players. I will call them ''average 11'' . But on Jonathan banning Nigeria for 2 years, does it mean he is going to deny sport loving Nigerian football for 2 years. To me, it is too harsh. He can change that without announcing 2 years ban.
Get your Recharge card printing manuals and software, call: 07033097160. Have a nice day
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Enice(m): 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2010
Mr president has played his hand. Either good or bad, it will be foolhardy of him to withdraw now. Consistency is one of the major quality of a leader.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Cokerr(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2010
Most nigerians are, i rest my case,who is jonathan to ban the super eagles or the nff or whoever,is that gonna make our lives better,will there be 24hrs electricity,will there be food,he has done nothing ever since he became presido,he has been travelling and campaigning for 2011 elections,if anyone wants to probe the useless nff,it certainly shouldnt be him,when amodu was sacked,we should av been ready for the consequences,God is not a wicked GOD,the super eagles broke our hearts just like we broke amodu's.WE HAVE NO SOUL IN THIS COUNTRY>GOD JUDGE YOU ALL FOR WHAT YOU DID TO AMODU
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by yemi2000(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2010
I think this is what is good for Nigeria team have become useless these days.If they don't ban them from international competition,Nigeria will not move forward in football.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Ricoh(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2010
Military mentality!!!then what should the football association of Italy, France and England do? 9ja with nonsense
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by iphy42: 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2010
since so many people are supporting this ban, I can't wait for FIFA to ban nigeria for the next 40yrs

What does it benefit us if they are left to continue playing but continues their recession.
We will get tired of them all sooner or later lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Many people watched the Nigerian matches INDIFFERENTLY embarassed embarassed. At least so that they can stay alive to watch other matches grin
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by mrofficial(m): 12:15am On Jul 04, 2010
Cokerr:

Most nigerians are, i rest my case,who is jonathan to ban the super eagles or the nff or whoever,is that gonna make our lives better,will there be 24hrs electricity,will there be food,he has done nothing ever since he became presido,he has been travelling and campaigning for 2011 elections,if anyone wants to probe the useless nff,it certainly shouldnt be him,when amodu was sacked,we should av been ready for the consequences,God is not a wicked GOD,the super eagles broke our hearts just like we broke amodu's.WE HAVE NO SOUL IN THIS COUNTRY>GOD JUDGE YOU ALL FOR WHAT YOU DID TO AMODU

Are you in Nigeria?

Let FIFA lay the ban!!! The money being looted by these criminals will be used for other important things.

The football crazy fans will never support the ban, less they support corruption indirectly.

We are not going to die if we do not watch the Super Eagles play, we've experienced that many times before.

We even qualify and get kicked out in first round, what difference please?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 04, 2010
ElRazur:

@FLG

In over 40 years time, electricity cannot be maintained or improved, how they heck are we gonna make dramatic changes in two years when it comes to foot ball? I am not convinced.

EDIT
Instead of dealing with the issue, the Journalist appeared to be pointing fingers at FIFA, what a joke.

Mo understand nkan ti o n so. emi gan o ro pe won le make changes kan kan. Sugbon maintenance ti football ko le ju ti electricity. Let's just hope.

grin hehe, he was pointing fingers, but he was also right. The way the treat us like dirt sef dey vex me.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by sulad82i(m): 3:10am On Jul 04, 2010
bs bs bs bull sh1t
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by truly: 6:57am On Jul 04, 2010
Travelista:

We talk of rule law but seek to ambush the enforcement of the law
Why can Johnathan not use the EFCC report on the allegation made by Glen Hoddle
His action is similar to Obj saying, Wabara, Osuji, Afolabi are corrupt and sacking them
We applauded
But nobody was jailed
They are not ex-convicts, so they can contest any election in the future

We also saw how Yaradua put Bode George in jail using EFCC report
Bode George can no longer aspire to any elective office
Do you think anybody will argue with that? FIFA will not do so of you apply the same process to Lulu and Co

Now as for FIFA
My undertstanding is that the I in its name gives it sovereignty over International footbal
and the N in FGN gives Goodluck sovereignty over Nigerian football

So Goodluck can do whatever he likes with Nigerian football
He can cancel the league, order men to play against women, introduce goal-line technology, abolish offside etc

But if Nigeria seeks to play against even neighbouring Togo or Benin, then it must obey FIFA rules

And if Nigeria believes that FIFA is not democratic, is corrupt and has faulty rules
Then Nigeria should have worked with other member countries to have FIFA accounts audited and the FIFA rules changed BEFORE now

But you cannot start arguing with a policeman after being arrested that the law is silly
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 04, 2010
There must be Sacrifices. If we dont see the results in our lifetime, at least our children's children will live to enjoy it. Good way to go Goodluck.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by jumiparet: 9:00am On Jul 04, 2010
FIFA is stupid and Ignorant and they should go to Hell. They fail to do the best they need to do to protect proper football development and then threaten National Government of Interference with BAN, let them go eat shit.

Theirry Henry Used Hand to Send France to World Cup, and FIFA said nothing we can do about it, no punishment, for the Referee and Nothing.

Frank Lampard;s Goal Against Germany was a perfect Goal and FIFA said nothing only "we will review goal line technology in our next meeting", Every other sport uses video technology for at least three decisions in a Game.

Argentina/Tevez First Goal Against Mexico was totally off-side and they just smiled because they wanted Argentina to ride and by the way thanks Germany.

Suarez/Uruguay Blatantly used Hands to ensure Africa can't get to the semi-finals and are so please with the action that Suarez call his hands "The New Hands of God" and The Epileptic FIFA, Just Ban him for one Game.

The Examples of Areas that FIFA needs to concentrate on are many and instead they come to threaten US with BAN. How much is $250,000 that they give to National Federation that Nigeria should be scared of Loosing, How much has the Super Eagles made Nigerians Proud that we should Cry if they don't represent us, How many Nigerians Now devote reasonable time and effort towards Supporting The Eagles of All Levels that we will miss anything if they are not competing for the Next 5 Years?

Goodluck is right, i hope he is man enough to see this decision to the end. The Eagles have become a bunch of lazy, lukewarm, ego-centric and Stupid players that consider playing for their country a favour for the country, not a desire, a zeal, a blessing to wear the shirt.

I am trying to see how it will affect Nigeria and Nigerians and I can only see positives.

Gbosa and Bravo to Goodluck and the Likes of Larry Izamoje.

I am Retson Tedheke
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by TMemos: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2010
Is President Goodluck Jonathan unwittingly indicating that he would win next year's election and be around to enforce this self-imposed ban?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by ispotmdels: 9:15am On Jul 04, 2010
Without that team called the 'Super Eagles, Nigerians will be going their separate ways. Because that's not even a country. it is that team that brings everyone together. People who are supporting this ban by Jonathan are just a bunch of negative ignorance. As well as Jonathan.

TO PLAY FOOTBALL IS NOT AN EASY JOB,  BUT LOOKS SO EASY ON TV.  angry

IF GOODLUCK JONATHAN WANTS TO WIN THE WORLD CUP.
LET HIM PUT ON SOME SHIN GUARDS, PUT ON SOME CLEATS, PUT ON THE NIGERIAN JERSEY AND GO TO THE FIELD. AND WE WILL ALL LAY HUNDREDS OF CAMERAS ON HIM AND IF HE DOESN'T SCORE ANY GOALS, WE WILL BURY HIS BLACK AZZ.

HOW ABOUT THAT? angry angry
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by jmoore(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2010
The problem with Nigeria are its citizens. Just take a look at how many people that are supporting Jonathan. Is Nigeria the only country that performed badly? What of france and italy? What type of sacrifice if I may ask? If FIFA decides to ban Nigeria for 10 or more years, where is the dividend? Goodluck should reverse his ban to avoid serious effects on our Football. If FIFA bans us it will affect all levels of football in Nigeria,no super eagles, no under 20, no under 17 including the female team, our clubs eg enyimba, kano pillars, heartland can't participate in the african champions league which will affect the earnings they get from participating in the african champions league.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2010
First off we never did badly in World Cup

Making it to the world Cup is an achievement in itself.

All matches we lost was by a single goal and our group was quite a tough group.

With  exception of Ghana we did not any any worst than the rest of african countries.

Why is GJ so concerned about our football performance ,  despite the fact that we are not doing badly in football in relation to rest of the world; (Think how many countries in the world tried and never made it to S.Africa 2010).

This means that in football we are at least in the top 32 Nations  (or better), Please tell me what other sector or industry with possible exception of our Nollywood, we can make such a claim?

Where do we rank in the world in :
electricity generation?
Life expectancy?
control of corruption?
Control of crime and provision of security?
Infrastrucural development?
Maintaining a National Airline?
supply of clean water for populace?
Provision of sufficient train network nationwide.

It is clear that the Government has its prioritied wrong!

His focus should be on the getting the basics things in the nation working first before interfereing in an area he know very litle about. A 2year ban could only harm The Super Eagles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

30 Days To Abuja International Marathon: Organisers Unveil Lead-up Activities / Bet On No Red Card Prediction / Top 5 Best Betting Sites In Nigeria 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.