Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: (5639 Views)

Poll: This is:

stupid and stubborn: 46% (25 votes)
patriotic and wise: 53% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Escapes FIFA Ban As Court Dismisses Case / FIFA To Ban Nigeria By The End Of Today If... / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by mrofficial(m): 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2010
^^^ What about the corruption that lurks NFF that leads not to poor game in all international competition like you said.

Are you wiser than mr GJ and his advisers?

I guess you're not in that post, so you should leave him. He knows what you do not know.

And electricity, etc, all these on him? Just in how many months?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Akwasi(m): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2010
I think all those who support this move do not really like football. They are what I will call "Disillusioned" personalities who are jealous of football because it has so much attention and it is 'worshiped' by so many.

How then can you justify this nonsense. If there is corruption, set a probe on them and let FIFA come complaining, then the whole world will blame FIFA.

I don't know what this president plans to do within the 2 years. Nigeria out for 2 years because of one man(LULU SANI)?

This is dumb embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by lawyerchap(m): 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2010
It takes advice from a lawyer to escape things like bans and other undesirable stuff that could result from this imbroglio. Any sensible lawyer could have told the President and his PTF that since the tenure of the NFF had expired, all that was required was to institute a case of corruption against them with the EFCC, which would disqualify them from running for a second term, and then install a new NFF with a strict and clear mandate to deliver our football to new heights. That would not have been interpreted as interference by FIFA.

The new NFF would then appoint Samson Siasia as the new coach of the Super Eagles and charge him with building a disciplined, talented and young new super eagles.

Apparently, the president discovered that one of his children had a headache and decided to behead him to try and cure the headache. This is a poorly considered decision. One lawyer in that room could have saved all this and made GJ come out smelling like roses.

Moral of the story: When in doubt about anything, ask a lawyer (try and find the most devious one you can) grin grin
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by mrofficial(m): 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2010
Akwasi:

I think all those who support this move do not really like football. They are what I will call "Disillusioned" personalities who are jealous of football because it has so much attention and it is 'worshiped' by so many.

How then can you justify this nonsense. If there is corruption, set a probe on them and let FIFA come complaining, then the whole world will blame FIFA.

I don't know what this president plans to do within the 2 years. Nigeria out for 2 years because of one man(LULU SANI)?

This is dumb embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

So Sani Lulu alone eats the loot? I didn't know. And how possible?  grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Akwasi(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2010
mr.official:

So Sani Lulu alone eats the loot? I didn't know. And how possible?  grin grin grin

tongue tongue tongue tongue
hehehehe

may be 2 cool
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by lectureme(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2010
My brother, i wonder what we are saying here. Yo guys should understand that even the food
we eat in this country is politiliced. If FG ill wipe all the current NFF and Super Eagles to get new
young members, I think that should be better.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Tollz: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2010
Whata gwanz all these commotion. ion undastand wat these guys r thinking! Nigeria, we love football, Thatz good but we r not the only one. if it was brazil or England it would be reasonable cuz they are the mothers of football n its almost a rite for them to win their matches. we are nigeria we have the players its just their commitment we dont have. if we can get the fight players with their comission we would be better. its football beople would could still get heart attacks 4rm it, thats part of the fans passion that would never die, besides 9ja was 1 of 5 african countries that didnt make it out of the group stage sooidont c wat the fuss all about. even cameroun with 0 points r not evn makin that much fuss.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by truly: 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2010
babaearly:

There must be Sacrifices. If we dont see the results in our lifetime, at least our children's children will live to enjoy it. Good way to go Goodluck.
Some sacrifices are needless
We get our name in the international press for the wrong reasons
We infuriate FIFA without promise of a positive result

Yuo know quite well that Eyimba playing against Kano Pillars for 2 years will not prepare us for an encounter with Ghana
Then we face Ghana, we will be embarassed the more

Why do you think North Korea did not do well at the current world cup?
A pariah nation gets no practice that will make perfect
Japan, its neighbour has improved dramatically

Mock exams (like friendlies) are for a purpose
BTW England has a friendly in August
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by SFA01: 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2010
R dey dumb dat meanz i cant play with nigeria on fifa 2011
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by adconline(m): 6:30am On Jul 05, 2010
I thought this type action would come from a dictator like Kim Jong Il of North Korea
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by princekevo(m): 8:35am On Jul 05, 2010
The Nigerian Football Federation's top two officials have been sacked in a bid to appease the country's president who suspended the team after the World Cup.

NFF President Sani Lulu and Vice-President Amanze Ugbulam were fired as the federation asked President Goodluck Jonathan to reconsider his ban.

Fifa has threatened to expel Nigeria from world football unless the Nigerian president lifts the two-year ban.

It has imposed a deadline of 1700 BST on Monday for ban to be lifted.

Fifa rules prohibit government intervention in its members' affairs.

The NFF said the two sackings, as well as the dismissal of a member of the federation's technical committee, were carried out "to tender a resolved apology" to all Nigerians over the team's performance in South Africa.

The NFF also promised "to take urgent steps to address the maladministration of football in the country".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8786834.stm
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by nomoneydow: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2010
i never agree with this ban

the solution what to have sack lulu and co.

anyway they have been sack
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by leye1234(m): 10:30am On Jul 05, 2010
Mr Presido (Jonathan) for 2011, just because you get "TESTICULAR FORTITUDE". carry go my brotha.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Reverse Team Ban: by Enice(m): 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2010
E nice:

Mr president has played his hand. Either good or bad, it will be foolhardy of him to withdraw now. Consistency is one of the major quality of a leader.

A leader is not suppose to react to issues but think before taking action. He should have the final say. not just yap anyhow. It's like the president reacts to issues with no planning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

30 Days To Abuja International Marathon: Organisers Unveil Lead-up Activities / Bet On No Red Card Prediction / Top 5 Best Betting Sites In Nigeria 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.