Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill (9148 Views)

Pregnant Woman Dies In Kano Hospital Over Payment Alerts Delay / Family Protests At Ibadan Hospital Over Mutilated Corpse Of Relative (Graphic) / Rebecca Chukwueke UNICAL Student Dies Over Hospital Strike (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by allen59: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
Three-year-old Joy Blessing. She has been detained at Kenyatta National Hospital over hospital bill.

“I am grateful that my daughter has recovered, but I cannot leave the hospital. She is very playful and I am afraid she will contract more diseases, ”Ms Mmochi said, noting that patients with different diseases are forced to share beds at the patient detention centre.

“Sharing of bed is not good for those whose wounds have not healed. I am appealing to the hospital to release my daughter as I look for money to pay them,” said the 24-year-old mother.

“I am a single mother and sole breadwinner. The longer I am detained here, the worse the situation gets for my family. If they let me go, I’ll be able to get back on my feet and start paying the bill,” said Ms Mmochi, a hotel attendant.

source: https://news.freepopulation.com/2018/09/11/three-year-old-joy-blessin/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by OneCorner: 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Blessing should pay up na.
Is it easy to run a hospital?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by dominique(f): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
This is so heartbreaking, that was how an infant and her mum were detained in a Lagos hospital for 8 months before a good Samaritan bailed them out. Before we cuss out the hospitals and doctors, we need to understand that hospitals are run with money. They can't keep treating and discharging patients who are unable to offset their medical bills, they'll shut down in no time. Hope well-meaning people come to her aid

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
The hospital should allow this young girl to go home as this experience will affect her mindset.

So heartless
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by EmekaBlue(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Its paid!!!!

since its online now
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Legolast: 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
I hope some NLanders won't blame Buhari for this.
You will just die of headache because of PMB
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Segunade10: 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ok
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by spiritofthedead: 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
OneCorner:
Blessing should pay up na.
Is it easy to run a hospital?
���
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Segunade10: 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
wink
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Legolast: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
dominique:
This is so heartbreaking, that was how an infant and her mum were detained in a Lagos hospital for 8 months before a good Samaritan bailed them out. Before we cuss out the hospitals and doctors, we need to understand that hospitals are run with money. They can't keep treating and discharging patients who are unable to offset their medical bills, they'll shut down in no time. Hope well-meaning people come to her aid

For that 8 months, is it not the hospital that will be feeding them?

1 Like

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by gazilion: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sometimes, you don't blame the Hospitals.
They discharge people and many times they don't come back to pay their bills!
Many patients and their relations forget that the drugs cost money and hospital personnels are paid and depend on their salaries to feed their families.
I feel for the 3 year old though.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by okomile(f): 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Her country people should pay.

What has Nigeria got to do with Kenya problem.

We can't assist from here

Na wah for wetin dem dey push for front page sef grin
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Administration1: 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Its already paid,

Oya Internet do your thing
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Go to children ward in Nigerian public hospitals, it's the same thing. How is the news concern us in Nigeria? That should be for kenyaland not nairaland news. E be like all these mods have itching hands today.. we never finished reading Nigerian amebo finish ...
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Nwaisuochi(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Where's the sperm donor and why did the foolish mother not wait till she's ready to have a baby?
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Koolking(m): 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2018
I thought it was only in Nigeria that people look for free services.

Africans with free-things mentality is worrisome. Is it that these people don't understand that hospitals (private) are run with money? Things don't just into places naturally

Once you request their services, you must be ready to pay for it, or at least show financial commitment. This is how you can help keep health services running for the benefits of others and your next time. Otherwise use government health care centres free.

2 Likes

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Innobee99(m): 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
OneCorner:
Blessing should pay up na. Is it easy to run a hospital?
u're very heartless... Do u think the parents are happy being detained in the Hospital?

Think like a human with conscience pls

1 Like

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by olowo1930: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
no free meal in heaven, pay before you leave the hospital.
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by OttHin: 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
allen59:
Three-year-old Joy Blessing. She has been detained at Kenyatta National Hospital over hospital bill.

“￴I am grateful that my daughter has recovered, but I cannot leave the hospital. She is very playful and I am afraid she will contract more diseases, ”Ms Mmochi said, noting that patients with different diseases are forced to share beds at the patient detention centre.

Legolast:
[s]I hope some NLanders won't blame Buhari for this.
You will just die of headache because of PMB[/s]

Are you alright
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by dominique(f): 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
Legolast:

For that 8 months, is it not the hospital that will be feeding them?

Nope, it was the husband/father bringing food to them. I'll look for the thread when I'm less busy
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by magzey: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
Fake News every body dey claim headline undecided undecided

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
Dominiquez:
The hospital should allow this young girl to go home as this experience will affect her mindset.

So heartless
when you open your own hospital then you can let everyone go home after treatment and see how much hospital and staff you will be left with.

1 Like

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by herrtttt: 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
Why are people wicked like this now ...3 years old girl Haba
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by dan203044849: 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Dats serious ooooo, At least an epitome of human feelings
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Innobee99:
u're very heartless...
Do u think the parents are happy being detained in the Hospital?

Think like a human with conscience pls
the owner of the Hospital may have children too, and needs the money to pay for their welfares, staff to pay, rent and bills. if he let's Everyone go without paying for treatments i wonder what will happen to his hospital and families.

Think like a Business person. life is not Easy for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
She should pay up, so that she will have a hospital to go to next time her child falls sick.

2 Likes

Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
cheesy
Re: Three-Year-old Girl Detained In Hospital Over Hospital Bill by Leopantro: 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
Amazing!!!
Nobody has blamed heartless, clueless Nigerian doctors for this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHO Warns Over 'Severe' Omicron Variant - 'Vaccine Rollout Must Be Accelerated' / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Two Weeks Pregnancy:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.