Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

The Burden Of The Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Burden Of The Ex (630 Views)

The Burden Of Performance Every Man Understands / The Lady In My Life, My Burden. / The EX Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Burden Of The Ex by vincentwasini: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
Over time, I’ve realized that many people after breaking up still maintain some form of contact with their ex. This can be by way of phone calls, chats or even outright visits. Some people are of the view that such activities should be discouraged while others see no big deal in it. For me however, I think it is absolutely unnecessary to maintain ‘friendship’ with an ex. I think so because of the following reasons:

It is emotionally draining: often times after a breakup, there is still some feelings left for the other partner by the other partner. By keeping in touch on a regular basis, those feelings may resurface repeatedly. The truth is that, one (or both partners) most often than not may like the relationship to continue. By keeping close, we seem to shut ourselves to the reality that our ex is what once was. This longing may prevent us from moving ahead with life and even meeting better persons. If already in a relationship, we may compare our partner with the ex. The point is to stay away from the ex. Let him/her remain in the past.

It may lead to cheating: cheating is not only in reference to sex. Cheating also refers to being emotionally involved with a person other than ones current partner. It has been said that everything begins from the mind. Being in a relationship and keeping in touch with the ex leads to sharing of one’s feelings with one’s partner and the ex. Why not concentrate on one?
It is simply awkward: I am not a proponent of pre-marital sex. However, it is common knowledge these days that many relationship usually lead or rather end up in the other room. By getting sexually involved with a person, science proves that a certain amount of our DNA remains with that person. There is a sort of chemistry that is associated with sex. It appears awkward to remain friends with a person that you have gotten down with. If the opportunity arises again (and many people pray for the opportunity to arise), why should you not go down again? When your partner realizes that you have been in constant contact with your ex, what goes on in his/her mind?
NOTE: You can continue the article at http://vincentwasini.

1 Like

Re: The Burden Of The Ex by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
vincentwasini:
It is emotionally draining

how can contacting your ex (in a friendly manner) could be draining?! if she is indeed your ex then the emotional stress is totally gone, as you own nothing to this babe.

It may lead to cheating:

there is nothing wrong with sharing or being emotionally involved (in a friendly manner) with an ex. since you guys have shared quite a bit as a couple, it is obvious that you would have an emotional connection together. is that wrong? i think not. i sure understand why the new partner could feel jealous about that bond.

It is simply awkward:

only the current partner would see such contact as "awkward", any sane person would see it as what it is (aka common friendship) and just because "some" may fall into temptation is irrelevant.
Re: The Burden Of The Ex by vincentwasini: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
For me, it may reawaken such old feelings which may come between you and your current partner. Some things are better left in the past.
Re: The Burden Of The Ex by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
So you mean I should stop collecting "pension sex" after Breakup abi?

Kolewerk, JT is still sore from the pension benefits received this morning.
Re: The Burden Of The Ex by hkidola00(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
[s][/s]
MrBrownJay1:

how can contacting your ex (in a friendly manner) could be draining?! if she is indeed your ex then the emotional stress is totally gone, as you own nothing to this babe.

there is nothing wrong with sharing or being emotionally involved (in a friendly manner) with an ex. since you guys have shared quite a bit as a couple, it is obvious that you would have an emotional connection together. is that wrong? i think not. i sure understand why the new partner could feel jealous about that bond.

only the current partner would see such contact as "awkward", any sane person would see it as what it is (aka common friendship) and just because "some" may fall into temptation is irrelevant.
[s][quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=71111423] u saying shittttss bro
Re: The Burden Of The Ex by anochuko01(m): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2018
I'm as free as air!

(1) (Reply)

Lady Gives Her Man $300, Condoms And A Free Pass To Flirt For The Weekend / Love Wantintin / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.