Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

We Have Not Zoned Vice President Slot To South-West— PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Not Zoned Vice President Slot To South-West— PDP (449 Views)

Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him / Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene / Kwara Will Get Senate President Slot If Atiku Wins- Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Not Zoned Vice President Slot To South-West— PDP by hisexcellency34: 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday denied reports that it has zoned its vice presidential slot to the South-West ahead of the 2019 presidential election.

The leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council (OYC) worldwide had last week expressed disappointment over the alleged plot by some cabals in the PDP to zone the vice presidential slot to the South-West zone against the interest of the South-East.

It said if the report in circulation turned out to be true, the group would help to bury the PDP in 2019, warning, however, that the patience of Ndigbo should not be taken for granted.

However, speaking with Daily Independent, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, said the report that the party’s vice presidential slot has been zoned to the South-West is unfounded and baseless as the party’s leadership has not taken any position on that.

“On zoning of the vice presidential ticket to the South-West, we have not taken any decision on that. I am not aware of that decision yet. If there is any decision on that, I believe it will be made public”, he said.

Also speaking on the multiple presidential aspirants seeking to fly the party’s flag, Ologbondiyan, who described the party’s leadership meeting with the aspirants as successful, said the National Working Committee (NWC) will continue to meet with the aspirants until the day of the primaries.

“The first meeting was a huge success. We will continue to meet with the presidential aspirants until the convention”, he said.

https://independent.ng/2019-election-pdp-to-pick-consensus-presidential-candidate/

Re: We Have Not Zoned Vice President Slot To South-West— PDP by Beremx(f): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
I honestly don't know what to type..... PDP wahala!

I will be reading other people's comments. grin grin
Re: We Have Not Zoned Vice President Slot To South-West— PDP by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
A VP to a northern President is useless. Prefer Senate President.
Re: We Have Not Zoned Vice President Slot To South-West— PDP by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
Better.
Re: We Have Not Zoned Vice President Slot To South-West— PDP by ificatchmodeh: 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
hungerbad cc.

ApC and lies eh..

(1) (Reply)

”my Heart Was With You In 2015” – Akpabio Tells President Buhari / Ogun APC: Dapo Abiodun Kicks Against Indirect Primary / Reno Omokri Suggests Davido Contests For Osun State Governorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.