Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most (29449 Views)

What You Need To Know Before You Borrow Nigerians Money- Victor Njimogu / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by ike007(m): 11:34am On Sep 12, 2018
what about N.E.P.A?
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by gazilion: 11:34am On Sep 12, 2018
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS
Police/SARS

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Ugosample(m): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2018
babatee1985:
Bros wetin happen nah? Shey na Bugatti, Bentley and Range Rover Autobiography you dey drive everyday ni?

probably he is fuelling his car, gen at home, and gen for his business

You never can tell.
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Tonimordred(m): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2018
Remov dat aso ebi n replace it wit HOTEL
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Kindness218: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2018
Tramadol, weed olosho

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by bluefilm: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2018
As far as I'm concerned, you're right about Data and Fuel.

All the other one are specifically relative.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by buklarbest: 11:42am On Sep 12, 2018
This your list is not complete without Sports betting
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by qanda: 11:44am On Sep 12, 2018
There is a Correlation with Mobile Phone + Data + Recharge Voucher.
It consumes most people money while a few use it to generate more income. That is one way to differentiate the informed/enlightened from others.
My question is, What do you do with your phone? Does it make money for you? If you dont know what to do to make money, consider the following:
1. Sell Past Questions, Study materials on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Google Playstore
2. Make out time daily to learn about a skill, sourcing knowledge from online resources.
3. Create a WhatsApp group to teach a Skill that you have.

Think out of the Box!
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by fabienjoe: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2018
mohd001:
this is so sad in this Nigeria. when you are spending out #5,000 and you have not yet earn #500.
In Europe, people usually spend far less as compare to Nigerian despite their huge wealth. this is the main reaon why they can never get poor.

Why not comment only on threads you have some form of knowledge on? Nigerians spend more than Europeans? Hmm. Europeans even spend monies not earned. Almost everyone owns a credit card. How many Nigerians go on holidays, even when they can afford it? Now Europeans even borrow to go on holidays. Who buys all the iPhones, Feraris, Bentleys, Bugattis, Maybachs, private jets etc? Who drove all the cars that are shipped here for sale? Remember, most are shipped here when the owners consider them no longer good enough and bought another one, most likely through some financing arrangements? Do you know how many flights that take place daily within Europe? Who boards them? Ditto for trains and buses? Do you know how regularly a European shops for clothing? Do you know how many music shows and festivals that happen in Europe every year? Cinemas? Football matches? Who pays for them? I can go on and on..Europeans spend cash!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by LZAA: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2018

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by bigdoo: 11:52am On Sep 12, 2018
For me, fuel for cars and generators take out N5000 daily. N3000 goes for fuelling any of my cars (on the average) and N2000 goes for generator fuel. With the cars the cheapest takes about N2000 daily and with the more expensive ones, I spend between N4000 and N5000 daily and that's non-negotiable unless on Sundays I don't do a lot of running around. As for Aso- Ebi, that one is problem for the women.

If we could have non stop electricity and the introduction of electric cars, my running cost would go down drastically.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by nsilordgmail(m): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2018
mohd001:
this is so sad in this Nigeria. when you are spending out #5,000 and you have not yet earn #500.
In Europe, people usually spend far less as compare to Nigerian despite their huge wealth. this is the main reaon why they can never get poor.
May God help us
Are you telling me there are no poor people in Europe?
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Sidmond: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
I agree with data and airtime usage but they have become necessities.
Meanwhile, you can get data at cheaper rates from me whenever.
Kindly check my signature or connect via:
https:///6wQn3oRfeM343jd38JNlCh
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by enitey(f): 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2018
Food grin
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Brainardc(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
grin where's our Bet9ja kwanu ?
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Civilization and advancement in technology come with its own share of expenses. As a matter of fact, there are certain spending habits that are fast becoming normal routines in our lives. However, this article will focus on the top 7 things that consume Nigerians’ money most.

If you live in Nigeria, you will agree with me that there are certain things we spend money almost on daily basis. These little expenses consume a large percentage of our income.

Therefore, this article will alert you on some of these expenses so that you can adjust your spending accordingly. Below is a list of top 7 things that consume Nigerians’ money most.

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most

#1. Mobile Phones

One of the things that consume Nigerians’ money most is Mobile phone. This may sound funny, but take a critical look at it, an average Nigerian buys a mobile phone at least twice in a year.

In fact, some people are so addicted to Smart Phones that they always buy the latest iPhone, Samsung, Infinix or Tecno Smart Phones. These mobile phone addicts will always go extra mile to get a new phone once they spot it.

#2. Aso -Ebi For Marriage Ceremonies

Aso Ebi is also among the things that consume Nigerians’ money most. As a matter of fact, it is fast becoming a norm in Nigeria for friends, relations, colleagues even neighbours to buy Aso Ebi a marriage ceremony.

Funny enough, once you fail to buy Aso Ebi, I tell you, the bride or groom will tag you their number one enemy. As I am writing this, I have over 10 Aso Ebi material that I am yet to sew. Oops, if there is a way to stop this, it could have been very awesome.

#3. Data For Browsing

Data is another area Nigerians spend money on heavily. 7 out of every 10 Nigerians definitely have a Smartphone that requires data for internet connection. Thus, they spend money on buying data. Especially those whose second home is social media.

It may interest you to know that some Nigerians spend as high as ₦5000 for data per month.

#4. Recharge Cards For Calls

You definitely don’t need a soothsayer to know that recharge card is one of the things that consume Nigerians’ money most. It is arguably one of the areas most Nigerians spend on the most.

No matter how broke you are, you must try to buy recharge card especially when you are in a serious relationship. An average Nigerian spends a minimum of ₦700 on recharge card Per week. Oops! This is about two thousand eight hundred naira a month.

#5. Fuel For Generator and Car

Fuel is another area that consumes Nigerians money. Most people in Nigeria either have a car or generator that requires fuel to operate.

As it is now, a litre of fuel is sold for about ₦145 in Nigeria. Do the maths, you will understand how Nigerians spend a huge amount of money on Fuel every day.

#6. Alcohol

Alcohol is also part of the things that consume Nigerians’ money most. Most guys in Nigeria consume at least two bottles of alcohol a day. Some people may even prefer buying you alcohol to giving you money.

#7. Transportation

Transportation is another area that consumes our money very well in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, most people spend a large proportion of their income on transportation. You will understand what I am saying if you live in Lagos.

source: 24hoursreporter

I don't drink, I don't pay for transport( I got a bicycle), d most expensive data I bought is 1k every month( for work & browsing).
I never spend more than 1k on calls every month usually 500-700 naira, already got an inverter( I don't buy fuel easily, till I wanna transport a large load that requires me to use my car, usually twice a week), & WTF is aso ebi

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
Olosho suppose dey list.
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by busco59: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2018
What about bank charges, Ecobank just the siphon my money anyhow with some stupid, unjustifiable written message called charges. The go charge me for SMS, ATM monthly servicing, #65 for ATM withdrawal from other banks after three free trials per month, convenient fee when I make online transactions bla bla bla, my brothers the list is just endless. You may not understand me except you carry out most of your transactions online. Let the relevant bodies in charge of our banking system, look into this matter because this thieves are just enriching themselves at the expense of there customers. Base on what l learnt in primary and secondary school, the money in my account was supposed to fetch me interest and not the other way round. In Nigeria our bank deposits don't appreciate in value rather the depreciate, my mum left #4000 in her Ecobank account, barely three months after the deposit I went to make some withdrawals for her and I saw her balance was about #3700. I angrily withdrew #3500, purchase airtime of #200, come leave for them #5 for the sake of any servicing them go carry out. I think the time to stop this exploitation in form of charges has come, let join hand to end this today.
Feel free to share or copy and paste this piece of writing, because there own don to much.
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Goalnaldo(m): 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
toyinjimoh:
Am really spending much on betting without winning, May God answer our prayer one need to stop betting...it's d situation of the country, betting no be am at all
am telling you.. I decided to stop betting from this September to the end of the year.. Lemme see how my life will be.. Betting cost me more in a month than the rest on that list have cost me in a year.

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by originals1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
mhizcassidy001:
you can chose to stay with one and spend less,but rara o bro like diff women.smile
you still need to choose wisely tho cos that ''1'' can still drain you like 5 women.... #5in1cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by ericmor: 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
Makalele1:
BET9JA

Gbam!
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by ericmor: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
Daevid:
Olosho!!! ���� Bet9ja

The guy forgot to include the two. Bet9ja don kill me but I no gree die

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
8. Babes.
9. Coupon.
10. Offerings...
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by dangoteinlaw: 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
joepentwo:

There's love in sharing,
You can help a brother. �
mtn no dey share data na cheesy
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by helinues: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
Divay22:
It was before i use to worry about buying Aso-Ebi or getting the money to buy it, now
babe gat so much to worry about

chisos cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Doveheart: 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2018
Olosho
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by DJInfluence: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
why is school fees not included?

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by djfabmusik(m): 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lotto also
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Dasherz(f): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
if food aint part of this list then it aint legit
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by MorningStar233: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
Khd95:
Me i am stuck between saving and *you only live once*

Exactly!!!!
Re: Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most by Deltatoto: 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
blingxx:

are you driving a trailer .... I rather take public transport if that's the case undecided
anybody u c driving more than two cars daily fear d person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua Reacts To New Gay Law / The Big Python We Killed In My Community (IKO NTA) Akwa Ibom (Photos) / INEC Official, Three Other Female Dead Bodies Found In Room In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.