Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic (29607 Views)

Busiest International Airports In The World. / New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) / Top 11 Busiest Airports In Africa By Passenger Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by lawnreigh(m): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
I have flown in and out of BCIA Beijing Capital International Airport many times and I can tell you the airport is very busy, landing always take few minutes for clearance because the air traffic volume there is too much but the service and infrastructure is superb. On completion of the new airport in Beijing. It will handle the highest air traffic in the world no doubt.
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by dangoteinlaw: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2018
martins18:
List not complete without the Airport of Benin
thunder fall on u there
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Slymonster(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2018
kagari:
no JFK, Houston Airport?

i knew this Jakarta airport must make the list, my agency alone has booked over 150 passengers just to Jakarta this year, dont know what is happening in that country

and for Singapore chanji airport, most airlines going to the far east Asia and middle east and central Asia transit there, so naturally they should be on the list

Bali in Indonesia is one of the top tourist Destination
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
thunder fall on u there
Thunder fall on u too
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Mikeparlo12(m): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2018
You don’t wanna try Los Angeles Airport.... it’s crazy

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by kagari: 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2018
Slymonster:

Bali in Indonesia is one of the top tourist Destination

i dont think many of them go for tourism wink wink wink

thanks for the info though
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by jaywhoco(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
finnestdope:
Serious?
How did you got the statistics? shocked

Embrace tech
he got 'got' the statistics...
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by tunary(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
America always number one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by shadrach77: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
mach7:
This list helps cities that have just one major airport. For example, Moscow in Russia has 2 major airports being Shremetyevo and Domodedovo. Both have a combined passenger flow volume of 70.9 million passengers in 2017!

If Vnukovo airport (also in Moscow) is added, then we are inching towards the 90 million passenger mark.

You are silly to say this. Heathrow airport which is number 7 on the list is based in London. London has 4 airports City Airport, Gatwick, Heathrow and Luton airport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by dododawa1: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
Everything na AMERICAN

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by anochuko01(m): 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Nigeria is doom
your english is doomer cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
AFRICA ntooooooorrrrr
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mikeparlo12:
You don’t wanna try Los Angeles Airport.... it’s crazy
Really Crazy
Especially LAX AIRPORT in LA.
Men Flights they hover like stars.
I recorded FLIGHTS schedules there, and it was like every minute landing. Flight touches the ground every minute.

That’s the definition of WEALTH

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Icon79(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
Wow. I have travelled through most of them:

20. Denver International Airport

Total Passengers: 61,379,396

18. Singapore Changi Airport

Total Passengers: 62,219,573

12. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport

Total Passengers: 67,092,194

11. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Total Passengers: 68,515,425

10. Charles de Gaulle Airport

Total Passengers: 69,471,442

7. Heathrow Airport

Total Passengers: 78,014,598

6. O'Hare International Airport

Total Passengers: 79,828,183

5. Los Angeles International Airport

Total Passengers: 84,557,968

3. Dubai International Airport

Total Passengers: 88,242,099

1. Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport

Total Passengers: 103,902,992

O pari

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by comradeusmanhar: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
If you come to know whether Nigeria makes the list.... . . Sai.... 'Hi'
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
It was formerly Heathrow and JFK . new boys have taken over.
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Amalekki: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Never been JFK, at least not in the past 25 years. It's always been ATL consistently and followed by Chicago O'Hare. O'Hare dropped when Chicago Midway Airport was upgraded. Newark Liberty takes a huge chunk of New York traffic off of JFK, so also LaGuardia.
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Amalekki: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jchi9876:
This data may not be truly representative.
There are so many variables to consider. Are these locations just transit points or actual final tourist/business locations.
If an airport decides to stop over at their hub by default based off some logistics how does that relate to being "busy"?

I am surprised to see DFW on that list and George Bush international in Houston is not.

Indonesia and Singapore should not also be on that list.

JFK not on Just makes it even weirder.

Thanks but no thanks
DFW has always been way busier than George Bush Houston. DFW was consistently top 6 in the world until Dallas Love Field (home of Southwest Airlines) was upgraded and even after that DFW still records way more traffic than Houston.

That's why data is very important. It busts myths.

Feel free to explore one of the data centers - https://aci.aero/Data-Centre/
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by mayor1814: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
But I thought JFK, New York should b in d list
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Mccollins042(m): 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
the fall of the WTC got JFK real bad
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by alkasimsn(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
What about king fahad Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by DjCandyMusic(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
couldn't see Russia.. abeg people no dey go there??
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by AlphaStyles(m): 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nigeria dy invinsible for stop overs ne?
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by FemiMaduka(m): 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
O.R. Tambo (J'burg S.A.) leads Africa with 22 million passengers, and world class facilities.
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by chokovirus: 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2018
I have flown both Frankfurt and Istanbul and noticed It i that although Frankfurt is more busier than Istanbul yet it is more organised with shorter waiting times. If I had not seen this list I would have thought otherwise.
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by RealTrump: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
mach7:
This list helps cities that have just one major airport. For example, Moscow in Russia has 2 major airports being Shremetyevo and Domodedovo. Both have a combined passenger flow volume of 70.9 million passengers in 2017!

If Vnukovo airport (also in Moscow) is added, then we are inching towards the 90 million passenger mark.

Most, if not all of those cities have multiple airports. Moreso, even if there is only one airport in Moscow, there is no guarantee that all 70M passengers will use it. The major point is that that ranking is a measure of the economic might or tourist potential of those countries. Moscow certainly can't break into the top 20 anyway.
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jchi9876:

I am more surprised London Heathrow made the damn list...

DUbai and LAX are more representative considering they are both business and tourist locations

The right question is, why is Heathrow not higher on the list considering London is the financial capital of the world? I know for for a fact that Heathrow used to be one of the top 3 busiest airports along with JFK and LAX.
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by mosesjida(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Nigeria is doom
no Africa is doom
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by mosesjida(m): 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2018
Why is Africa and south america so backward
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by kagari: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
Icon79:
Wow. I have travelled through most of them:

20. Denver International Airport

Total Passengers: 61,379,396

18. Singapore Changi Airport

Total Passengers: 62,219,573

12. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport

Total Passengers: 67,092,194

11. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Total Passengers: 68,515,425

10. Charles de Gaulle Airport

Total Passengers: 69,471,442

7. Heathrow Airport

Total Passengers: 78,014,598

6. O'Hare International Airport

Total Passengers: 79,828,183

5. Los Angeles International Airport

Total Passengers: 84,557,968

3. Dubai International Airport

Total Passengers: 88,242,099

1. Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport

Total Passengers: 103,902,992

O pari

Asides the airports in the US, i believe you transited through them grin

Hope you good
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by kagari: 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
Amalekki:

Never been JFK, at least not in the past 25 years. It's always been ATL consistently and followed by Chicago O'Hare. O'Hare dropped when Chicago Midway Airport was upgraded. Newark Liberty takes a huge chunk of New York traffic off of JFK, so also LaGuardia.

You know your onus
Re: Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic by Icon79(m): 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
Haha!! Actually, the answer should yes and no. From that list, I have visited the following countries:

Dubai (twice)
Singapore
UK (a few times)

In fact, the only one I have only transited thru were:
Amsterdam and Paris

O pari

kagari:

Asides the airports in the US, i believe you transited through them grin

Hope you good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos (Video) / 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) / This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.