Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap (2613 Views)

Throwback: When Nairaland Boss Wanted To Escape Nigeria / 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / FG Dismisses Global Report On Nigeria’s Poverty Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by EternalTruths: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2018
Igbo communities/state governments should:

1) create a company tax heaven through economic free trade zones in every LGA with a promise that they should; create more jobs, invest in socioeconomic amenities / R & D , help reduce our dependence on foreign products and help create platforms through which our natural raw materials can be processed into exportable products.

2) give yearly at least #30b as business grants to 10,000 graduates at a rate of #3m per graduate with a promise to give any graduate #30m in 10years time, if he or she is able to generate at least 10 jobs, pay staff income taxes and refund back to the government #6m before the end of 10years.

Genesis 47: 23 - 26
We can learn of how Joseph lifted the Egyptians out of poverty through this method.

3) Trim down the number of our civil servants by paying off the unwanted numbers at least #3m per unwanted civil servant, to go start up businesses with the same promise above in number 2 in order to motivate them to become the next set of Dangotes of the East.

Let's rub minds together and forward our ideas to various Igbo and Biafran groups for documentation and implementation so that whenever the good hearted ones amongst us rise to power, the ideas can be implemented.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
We can set up a trust fund to contribute funds for development. Every working class, business man will be tasked to contribute at least N10000 every year. Assuming a population of 40m; 60% contribute will go a long way.

1 Like

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by gidgiddy: 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
If you want Igbo land to progress, first think about getting Igbo land out of Nigeria. Nigeria is heading nowhere and Igbo land will head nowhere with it. Independence first then we can talk about progression

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
Getting Igbo land out of Nigeria is an option but with tremendous risks. The peaceful options may take an endless route. It is best to look inwards and do something.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by EternalTruths: 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
gidgiddy:
If you want Igbo land to progress, first think about getting Igbo land out of Nigeria. Nigeria is heading nowhere and Igbo land will head nowhere with it. Independence first then we can talk about progression

While we must keep the agitations on, it shouldn't stop us from finding ways to escape the Nigerian Poverty Trap.

Spain is like Nigeria in mindset & governance but the Catalonians & Basques have found ways to prosper in an unprosperous & future less Spain.

What do you & jomonic think.?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by EternalTruths: 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2018
jomonic:
We can set up a trust fund to contribute funds for development. Every working class, business man will be tasked to contribute at least N10000 every year. Assuming a population of 40m; 60% contribute will go a long way.

Instead of asking each person to give #10,000 every year, don't you think it is wise to first give our people the financial tools (business grants) to enable them generate enough wealth and then ask them through their businesses(depending on the size) to give a minimum of #5000 monthly to our various governments for development.

Example:

Imo State has about 5m people residing within her. If she is able to empower 3m people to open up 3m direct & indirect businesses that can give back the government #5000 monthly per business in the form of business tax, it will generate #15b monthly.

If in 10years time, out of that 3m businesses, we have 3000 businesses that can give the government #50m every month in the form of tax, it will amount to #150b every month from just only 3000 businesses.

With a tax revenue of over #150b every month, Imo State can achieve prosperity in the hands of wise leaders.

What do you & gidgiddy think.?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by gidgiddy: 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

While we must keep the agitations on, it shouldn't stop us from finding ways to escape the Nigerian Poverty Trap.

Spain is like Nigeria in mindset & governance but the Catalonians & Basques have found ways to prosper in an unprosperous & future less Spain.

What do you & jomonic think.?

Spain is not like Nigeria in governance and mindset, Catalonia and Basque are autonomous Regions of Spain. They control their resources, have fiscal responsibility and have Regional premier.

The only way Igbos can control their destiny is if they control their land and resources, not when they are under the total control of Abuja. Only free people can talk about escaping poverty trap.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
Am not interested.....am a fulfilled engineer....

Moreover am no longer interested in biafra.
Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by EternalTruths: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
gidgiddy:

Spain is not like Nigeria in governance and mindset, Catalonia and Basque are autonomous Regions of Spain. They control their resources, have fiscal responsibility and have Regional premier.

The only way Igbos can control their destiny is if they control their land and resources, not when they are under the total control of Abuja. Only free people can talk about escaping poverty trap.

I stand to be corrected.

The only resources not in our hands now are Oil & Gas in particular.

All other resources are within our hands and these resources are our Technological Ingenuity, Agricultural Resources, Etc.

Don't you think that we haven't found other ways to escape The Nigerian Poverty Trap while agitating for Biafra.

Example:

If we make a law that says that every company in Biafran land will not pay State & LGA taxes, if 90% of their employees are Biafrans etc, don't you think that a lot of companies will relocate to Biafran land in order to escape tax burdens as experienced in Lagos & Ogun States.?

What do you and jomonic think.?

1 Like

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by EternalTruths: 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Am not interested.....am a fulfilled engineer....

Moreover am no longer interested in biafra.

We know that you are a Yoruba man pretending to be Igbo.

We have your records already on ground.

Pls get out and allow brothers to deliberate on the way forward for their people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Almaiga: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
I hope you guys will also import good leaders from Northern Nigeria. This is because, your Ibo leaders have failed you over the years. Check out the following screenshots for proofs. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

Instead of asking each person to give #10,000 every year, don't you think it is wise to first give our people the financial tools (business grants) to enable them generate enough wealth and then ask them through their businesses(depending on the size) to give a minimum of #5000 monthly to our various governments for development.

Example:

Imo State has about 5m people residing within her. If she is able to empower 3m people to open up 3m direct & indirect businesses that can give back the government #5000 monthly per business in the form of business tax, it will generate #15b monthly.

If in 10years time, out of that 3m businesses, we have 3000 businesses that can give the government #50m every month in the form of tax, it will amount to #150b every month from just only 3000 businesses.

With a tax revenue of over #150b every month, Imo State can achieve prosperity in the hands of wise leaders.

What do you & gidgiddy think.?

We really need money upfront to rebuild our infrastructure. Lack of infrastructure is a heavy burden to any business. We need good roads, electricity, rail lines, etc. Providing cash is a good idea but without infrastructure the quality of life is low and the cost of business is very high. The money I alluded to is to enable investment in rebuilding infrastructure of which we stand in great need.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by BabaRamota1980: 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

We know that you are a Yoruba man pretending to be Igbo.

We have your records already on ground.

Pls get out and allow brothers to deliberate on the way forward for their people.

Deliberate fire.....u think u can get biafra on nairaland.....fulling pages with dead suggestions

If u are pro-active go and do something worth doing....so ur voice. Be heard.

Am not interested in biafra again......am propagating Omambala republic.

I can't be in the same republic with an hausa fulani from ebonyi state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
cool

grin grin grin grin grin

This man u just a problem.
Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Almaiga:
I hope you guys will also import good leaders from Northern Nigeria. This is because, your Ibo leaders have failed you over the years. Check out the following screenshots for proofs. cool

Step up ur game....is becoming childish......

Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by BabaRamota1980: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
Juliusmalema:

grin grin grin grin grin

This man u just a problem.

Emi ke? Nooo, i dey go about mind mah business jeje. cool

1 Like

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Emi ke? Nooo, i dey go about mind mah business jeje. cool

On Every single igbo thread na there u dey mind ur business.
Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Almaiga: 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Step up ur game....is becoming childish......

Grow up.

E pain this man. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
Almaiga:

E pain this man. grin

Nothing like pain....Mr...I don't give a damn but there exist a time in man life when he adjusts. And add new value to his life.

Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by BabaRamota1980: 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
Juliusmalema:

On Every single igbo thread na there u dey mind ur business.

Me and Ibo are destined to be together. They are my famly. Obiano na my brother, i love the dude. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Me and Ibo are destined to be together. They are my famly. Obiano na my brother, i love the dude. grin

I just tire 4 u....
Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by EternalTruths: 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
jomonic:

We really need money upfront to rebuild our infrastructure. Lack of infrastructure is a heavy burden to any business. We need good roads, electricity, rail lines, etc. Providing cash is a good idea but without infrastructure the quality of life is low and the cost of business is very high. The money I alluded to is to enable investment in rebuilding infrastructure of which we stand in great need.

My brother, it seems you don't understand what is happening in Igbo land.

Our youths can barely raise enough money for themselves let alone giving into a trust fund as suggested by you.

So, you have to empower them first so that they can be able to support such an idea.

As I speak to you, lots of our graduates are finding it difficult to get jobs or establish businesses.

Even cattle business which is highly profitable, is a no go area because of absence of funds from parents who can't support them because of absence of salaries and pensions.

Your idea is good but pls look at this perceptive I just told you.
Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Ojiofor: 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nairaland you won't to share ideas.Ok na.
Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Corrinthians(m): 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Deliberate fire.....u think u can get biafra on nairaland.....fulling pages with dead suggestions

If u are pro-active go and do something worth doing....so ur voice. Be heard.

Am not interested in biafra again......am propagating Omambala republic.

I can't be in the same republic with an hausa fulani from ebonyi state.
Here he goes again, looking down on Ebonyi people.

SMH.
Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by EternalTruths: 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2018
Corrinthians:

SMH.

You believe that guy is an Igbo.?

If you believe he is Igbo, then it means Buhari can easily fool you.

1 Like

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by kayfra: 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2018
How about you do what you do best. Go to Malaysia, India, Thailand, Indonesia, and Cambodia to trade Cocaine and Meth grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by EternalTruths: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
kayfra:
How about you do what you do best. Go to Malaysia, India, Thailand, Indonesia, and Cambodia to trade Cocaine and Meth grin grin grin

Typical reasoning of a Yoruba man.

No wonder except Lagos filled with non indigenous people, no other part of Yoruba land is doing fine.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by kayfra: 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

Typical reasoning of a Yoruba man.

No wonder except Lagos filled with non indigenous people, no other part of Yoruba land is doing fine.

E pain am grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by kanubiafra: 4:02am On Sep 13, 2018
Corrinthians:

SMH.
i've said it severally the guy juliusmalema is not igbo but here to cause confusion among igbo's. check all his post and you will see
Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 13, 2018
kanubiafra:
i've said it severally the guy juliusmalema is not igbo but here to cause confusion among igbo's. check all his post and you will see

Pls u that is an igbo man stay off my mention.....

Imagine u now decide who. Is igbo and who is not coz our thinking are different.

Biafra with ebonyi state is nonsense......no sane human being will be willing to entertain an islamic group in his fold.

Islam is sweeping all over their land.....and they are know for violence(islam))
Re: Igbos & Biafrans: Let's Share Ideas On How We Can Escape Nigeria's Poverty Trap by gurnam: 6:24am On Sep 13, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Pls u that is an igbo man stay off my mention.....

Imagine u now decide who. Is igbo and who is not coz our thinking are different.

Biafra with ebonyi state is nonsense......no sane human being will be willing to entertain an islamic group in his fold.

Islam is sweeping all over their land.....and they are know for violence(islam))

One name for you this boy!

BIGOT cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Non-existent Mosque: Wike And Fayemi Visit Disputed Land At Rainbow Town / Hope Uzodimma Under More Tension As Federal High Court Sitting Approaches / If There Is Strength In Diversity, Then Why Did UK Leave EU? - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.