Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors (13501 Views)

Photos Of The First Nigerian Actors Before 1930 / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses / Most Handsome Nigerian Actors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by knice(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2010
That is the problem we are having, Nigerians, let make this our country a worthy place so that others will be hungry to visit and do business with us. We are great people with lots of talent. Imagine Ghana restricting us, if we don't put our house in order, very soon Sudan and Benin will do same. They have neglected the diplomatic relations between these two countries and start pursuing vendeta against their neighbour Nigeria. The future will tell more,

FOR RECHARGE CARD MANUALS AND SOFTWARE/07033097160
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by micklplus(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
Really, who is to blame?

Silly ghanians or our govt that always want to jeopardise our lives??
Really, nor be their fault! Imagine ghana of all places. No wonder my legs and intution have REFUSED to take me THERE!
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by matiltomd(f): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
CGKing:

Well, I knew for certian Ghanians were excellent teachers and then schools seemed to have alot of Ghanians in their staff, back then when I was in Primary school. We had a good number of them too. I dont know what else they did but i loved Ghanian teachers, heck my parents even brought em home for after school lessons.

Tell me, if they werent that good, they wouldnt be sort after like they were as compareed to their Nigerian counterparts. That would only mean they were impacting the education sector positively. Then we sent them packing saying they stole our jobs and stuff. . .

Plssssss guys, the very same thing is what is happening right now, only they arent sending us packing. They just wan chop inside. y' know now.

Thanks Daddy! But you didn't indicate whether they did it for free or not; in case they were paid,obviously there weren't enough jobs in "good Ghana" then. Well i was never taught by a Ghanaian tutor and i honestly don't miss anything. They did you a favor,so you can hero-worship them, grin
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by oge4real(f): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
I say lets just go and buy the whole of Ghana, then we can make it teh 37th state of Nigeria. What is their problem? Tiny Ghana!
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by CGKing(m): 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2010
matiltom_d:

Thanks Daddy! But you didn't indicate whether they did it for free or not; in case they were paid,obviously there weren't enough jobs in "good Ghana" then. Well i was never taught by a Ghanaian tutor and i honestly don't miss anything. They did you a favor,so you can hero-worship them, grin

You r so funny. What are u talking about? U want them to have worked for free so you can understand the situation or what? That I was taught by a ghanian is not the point. . . after all i didnt drive them out of naija. , How can I xplain this thing to you now, you sound like a baby.
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by pman1(m): 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2010
See me see wahalaooooo no be for Naija where ghana movies de move market pass other country,
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by omamokta: 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2010
Is there anything like ghollywood
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by otum4: 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2010
Here's tha problem wit most Nigerians, tlkn big abt urselves won' stop tha corruption in ur country and I think thtz wht they use in silencing u, come see Ghana, if the government tlks we also tlk, u come here and hide behind ur PC'S and act as if u all toff, if u so toff take it to ur leaders after all u have tha big things u claim u have to support urselves, this is Ghana for u, u can say shit abt us but whom God has blessed, whteva u do he will surely prosper, i bet most South Africans didn' know much abt Ghana, even tha world but see how our boys performed @ tha world cup, juz accept tht no matter wht u do Ghana will alwayz be unique so will Naija be unique in its own way, juz kill tht "conclusion spirit" inside u and u will realize its juz tht u rada hate us(GHANAIANS), PEACE!
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by omofat: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2010
Gosh, we nigerians can be such a hypocritical bunch of morons.

Lets just read the article again for one moment:

In a statement sent to the Actors Guild of Nigeria [AGN] Board of Trustees, said henceforth, any Nigerian actor participating in any of their productions will be compelled to pay $1, 000 (One Thousand dollars) or risk losing the job.

This development, according to the Ghanaians, is to give ample opportunities to their local actors, and as a result, develop their movie industry to an enviable height.

Meanwhile, as the number of foreign actors plying their trade in Nigeria’s Nollywood continues to increase, the Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, has called on the Nigerian Film and Video Marketers to curb the excesses of these foreign actors.

The authorities of AGN reiterated that movie marketers, producers, directors and other stakeholders should avoid giving prominence to foreign actors at the expense of their local counterparts.

Star actor and National President of AGN, Segun Arinze, said he is not opposed to the use of foreign actors in Nigerian movies, but it should not be at the expense of the local talents.

According to Arinze, Nigerian movie producers should be cautious of the influx of foreign actors, especially the Ghanaians, who seem to be getting more roles and better remuneration in Nigerian films.

Right! - so in the same article that you people are criticizing the ghanaians for, you have top nigerian actors and the professional body of nigerian actor's advocating for the very same thing against 'foreign actors' especially ghanaians!.

I guess its okay if nigeria does it, but not anyone else.

hisssss
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by jrtorrents: 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
@CGKing
Thanks for your honesty
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by hugooh42(m): 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2010
For three months that i lived in Accra in 2007, hardly will a day pass without you hearing hate spewing from their radio stations about Nigerians.It became everyday occurance, that i was afraid to identify myself as Nigerian when i went out for fear of xenophobia. They said Nigerians have made cost of living high in Ghana,that we have bought up their choice land and had turned their landlords into Shylocks.That we even pay in dollars which is against the law.That we are scammers.The list is endless.
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by otum4: 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2010
THNK U VERY MUCH "OMO-FAT" , this is wht I mean by "conclusion spirit" they juz see Ghana and they feel they have to start shooting insults , so who is tha hater now, juz face it u juz don' like Ghana, GOD BLESS U OMO-FAT wink ;
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by otum4: 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
HAHAHAHAHA! LMAO! look @ this one(hugooh42) there u go, can u pls name 3 radio stations tht be wasting their precious studio time in doing tht, so Mr.hugooh42 u juz had to bring in the "bluffing" huh, tht wuz so lame mahn,
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by bigo55: 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2010
I don't usually comment on topics, but u  guys should realize that u r puppets controlled by these writers, because these writers realized that anything that has to do with ghana and nigeria is bound to get a lot of readers and comments, that's why they keep doing this. A few months back I read that ghanaians actors was being banned in nigeria but since then i have seen lots of nollywood movies with ghanaian artists especially john dumelo. Ghanaians and nigerians are brothers and sisters and we should know brothers and sisters rival in everything that they do. but recently this rival is turning into hatred and if we don't put a stop to this is going to bring both countries further down. it seems that we haven't learn from history in the 60s ghana was doing well and nigeria wasn't, ghana chase nigeria out , then ghana went down the drain in the 80s nigeria was doing well, ghanaians invaded nigeria, nigeria chase out ghanaian. in the 2000s both countries are bnefiting from each other but a few people want to destroy the relastionship, but citizens of both  countries need realize that we r a lot better when we work together. nigerians need start respecting and stop the arrogance that a small country can't be doing well and ghanaian should stop refering to every nigeria as 419 is just a few.
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by Ruq: 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2010
What da phuck! Like their teachers were of great use! Trying to teach us the rubbish the call oral english that makes you talk like a retard. Dont you know ghanians are all sluggish in their speech they claim its oral english and yet no recognition. Men Bleep'em bunch of haters.
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by Engineer96(m): 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
Nollywood should not react by imposing a fine on Ghanaian actors. Its a foolish ploy by the Ghanaian movie industry to discourage Nigerian actors. Nollywood must instead make Nollywood more alluring to their top and most popular stars. Before they realise all their top stars will be almost fully absorbed into Nollywood, thats how you get it to backfire on them. Take their audience by attracting their actors, rather than barring them from Nollywood. If we impose hurdes to people like Majid, Van and Jackie etc they will rather stay in Ghollywood and take their fans with them. We want the reverse, we want to be the beneficiaries of their talent since they are steady hating on us. That is what has been happening of recent, we have to be smart about it and remain the most relevant of the two industries. Instead of paying $1000 to Ghanaian movie industry we should make sure that on average actors in Nigerian films have the chance of making that extra $1000. They will flock to us and filming in Ghana will become unfavourable to even their own actors.

We need to be smart about this instead of being hotheaded and rash in our reaction.
Nollywood, this is a non-solicited advice. This is the best thing to do in this case instead of charging them a dim.
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by UNLEASHED(m): 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
I know this will happen
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by THEAMAKA(f): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2010
[size=15pt]who is the one talking about weeping for Lagos after seeing Accra?
MTCHEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!
look here, is Lagos our capital? IS IT OUR CAPITAL?
Abuja is far better than Accra. abeg!
the number of residents in Lagos, don't they all make up at least 3/4 of Ghana's whole population?
please spare me all that rubbish.

is it that Nollywood movies still sell like hot cakes in their own country? or that their major 6 actors prefer acting in Nollywood, where most of them got their fame? or even though they charge less than their nollywood counterparts they are making more money than they would in Ghana?

anyway. . .
most of those Ghanaian "actors" look at their "filmography" (as some like to call it)
more than half of the movies they have featured in give credit to Nollywood.

abeg, you should just shut up your mouth!

let them continue fighting, producing soft p**n movies, and biting the hand that is feeds them, they shall surely go hungry![/size]
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by emekagh(m): 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2010
jrtorrents:

@emeka_gh
How many Ghanaian cities have you been to? Tema, Kumasi, Takoradi,Sunyani,  or?
Ghana isnt heaven,  not even better than some other African countries but compared to Nigeria
I beg,

My friend jrtorrents,

I have been to Kumasi, Takoradi, Tamale, and Volta Region (Ho) precisely. As a matter of fact there is still nothing to write home about.
The most 'developed' part of Accra is Cantonement, Airport Residential, some part of Legon, and of course ministries. The funny thing is that the places are just clustered with a 20-30 minutes drive and are surrounded by glorified slums. East Legon is bordered by Botwe, Cantonment/Osu by Labadi, Airport/Dworwulu by Nima and co. Are these the so called cities?

Your kumasi? What is there? Adum, Santasi? Bosumtwi? Tell me what is in kumasi? The biggest infracstructure in kumasi is a stadium in Asokwa and Adum and Kumasi main market.

Takoradi, from Market Circle to Tadisco down is a walking distance. The Liesure beach is a stone throw away. The whole of Takoradi can be covered under 15 mins with a Cab. It is not a city, it is a town. Forget that gloried twin-city tag, it's just an ego booster!

Sunyani, hmmm. I have not been there, but for the fact that many of your local and many foreign banks do not have offices/branches there tells me Brong Ahafo region of Ghana (where Sunyani is the main city) is not a place to reckon with. Ho and indeed the whole of Volta region has only one shinning spot - Ho Polytechnic!  grin. The rest of the place is glorified jungle.

As for Tema, I see no difference between Tema and Surulere/Festac. Don't even dare mention Tamale or any of your Northern region Regions, they are barely habitable. It is only in Ghana that a small town of less than 200,000 people are referred to as city, and gullible Nigerians believe them.

Accra has no answer for VGC, Ikoyi, Lekki, Lagos Island, and host of other places in Lagos. Ghana has no answer for P/H, Calabar, Kaduna, Owerri, or Jos. To bring Abuja into the fray is to 'Keita' your retort. So I wont even go there at all.
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by CGKing(m): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2010
biting the what that feeds what? What is that?

Cant believe we are not even ashamed to compare Naija with Ghana. Ghana for crying out loud. Lagos whether capital or not shouldnt be compared with Accra if we did what we were supposed to do. Lagos is Naija's one time capital and our biggest commercial city.

See we have talents here in our country, we have potentials, great stuff, but when these did not produce results for us then what is there to be proud of? With nothing, but their silliness, like some of you have said, Ghana was able to deliver 1 full year of uninterupted power supply, and we are here talking sentiments.

You continued jeers at Ghana ridicules you as a pure case of "sense man wey die for foolish man backyard". Pls you guys should stop this. Its just really embarrasing. Afterall Ghana is not taxing Hollywood, they are taxing nollywood, wetin carry una go there.

Biting the hands that is feeding what, pls gimme a break!
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by asunaobi(m): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
Nigerians deserve it. When a king behaves like a slave. He will be treated like one. Ghanains love their country and are working hard in honesty to develop it.Most Nigerians are destroyers and very self centered, they deserve to be kept under serious checks 24/7. GO GHANA GO!
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by mamagee3(f): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2010
Ghanians are beginning to piss me off with their nonsense. . .

What about the Ghanian actors working in the Nollywood industries? undecided

Actors and actresses like Van Vicker, Juliet Ibrahim and Nadia Buari
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by jrtorrents: 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2010
People should realise this story is false, why are we been controlled by some stupid journalist?
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 07, 2010
hugooh42:

For three months that i lived in Accra in 2007, hardly will a day pass without you hearing hate spewing from their radio stations about Nigerians.It became everyday occurance, that i was afraid to identify myself as Nigerian when i went out for fear of xenophobia. They said Nigerians have made cost of living high in Ghana,that we have bought up their choice land and had turned their landlords into Shylocks.That we even pay in dollars which is against the law.That we are scammers.The list is endless.
omg. . .i never knew they hated us like that.in fact,i recommend all ghanaians expulsion from nairaland,let them go and form their own ghanaland forum and see if they would get traffic like nairaland afterall they have a ragtag ghollywood.
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by candylips(m): 9:38am On Jul 07, 2010
ghana must go angry
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 07, 2010
candylips:

ghana must go angry
we've done it before and we can still do it again.
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by otum4: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2010
WTF! do some of y'all take Ghanaians for?, and tht "hugooh42" dude saying Ghanaians are alwayz on abt Nigerians on our radio stations, I asked u a simple question, "name 3 of those radio stations?" gimme a break, tha truth is u wish we(Ghanaians) wud tlk abt Nigeria all tha time and since u ain' getting the attention it means we hate u?, wtf angry
, like som1 stated earlier on, did u guyz actually read tha article carefully?,

[b][b][b]READ THIS[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b]The authorities of AGN reiterated that movie marketers, producers, directors and other stakeholders should avoid giving prominence to foreign actors at the expense of their local counterparts.
[/b][/b]

Star actor and National President of AGN, Segun Arinze, said he is not opposed to the use of foreign actors in Nigerian movies, but it should not be at the expense of the local talents.

According to Arinze, Nigerian movie producers should be cautious of [b][b]the influx of foreign actors[/b], [b][b]especially the Ghanaians[/b][/b], who seem to be getting more roles and better remuneration in Nigerian films.[/b],

LEMME STRESS ON THIS, WE(GHANAIANS) DON'T GIVE A Bleep WHT U THINK OF US
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by otum4: 10:32am On Jul 07, 2010
U guyz juz keep cracking me up lol, GHANA MUST GO? grin who gives a Bleep, I ain' neva bin to Nigeria b4 mahn, and so have many Ghanaians for years now , I respect Nigerians who respect Ghanaians,
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by Sonofpeace(m): 10:37am On Jul 07, 2010
Nigeria/Ghana war. Its really getting more boring by each passing day.
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 07, 2010
otum4:

WTF! do some of y'all take Ghanaians for?, and tht "hugooh42" dude saying Ghanaians are alwayz on abt Nigerians on our radio stations, I asked u a simple question, "name 3 of those radio stations?" gimme a break, tha truth is u wish we(Ghanaians) wud tlk abt Nigeria all tha time and since u ain' getting the attention it means we hate u?, wtf angry
, like som1 stated earlier on, did u guyz actually read tha article carefully?,

[b][b][b]READ THIS[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b]The authorities of AGN reiterated that movie marketers, producers, directors and other stakeholders should avoid giving prominence to foreign actors at the expense of their local counterparts.
[/b][/b]

According to Arinze, Nigerian movie producers should be cautious of [b][b]the influx of foreign actors[/b], [b][b]especially the Ghanaians[/b][/b], who seem to be getting more roles and better remuneration in Nigerian films.[/b],

LEMME STRESS ON THIS, WE(GHANAIANS) DON'T GIVE A bleep WHT U THINK OF US
is this the type of jargon english you guys speak over there and call ''oral english '' bullshite
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by Emmyk(m): 11:03am On Jul 07, 2010
CGKing:
Afterall Ghana is not taxing Hollywood, they are taxing nollywood.
. Which Hollywood actor go go Ghollywood undecided
Re: Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors by jayjay4u: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2010
to HEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WITH GHANA AND EVERYTHING IN THAT COUNTRY
BUNCH OF UNGRATEFUL IDIOTS
NOW IT IS TIME TO BITE THE FINGER THAT FED THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLL THESE YEARSSSSSSSS
TO FUCKING HELL WITH THEM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Poor Gotv Picture Quality / Funniest British Movie Ever Is / Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.