Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo (39469 Views)

22-Year-Old Buys ₦4.6m Car With Fake Bank Alert, Lands In Ondo Police Net / Lady Arrested For Fake Alert After Buying Drinks Of ₦420,000 At A Nightclub / Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by dainformant(m): 8:56am On Sep 13, 2018
A young man in the picture below is being sought after for allegedly scamming a shop owner with a fake bank alert in Sapele, Delta state. According to reports, the suspect who is nowhere to be found, entered a shop and requested for a Hisense 32" LED TV which he claimed he wanted to buy. 

The young man said that he will pay by transferring the money (N54,000) to the onwer's account. 

After he was given the account number, he confirmed the name of the account holder and pretended to have transferred the money via his Zenith Bank App which reportedly showed it was successful. 

It was gathered that the suspect who got a debit alert 5 minutes after the transaction while the shop owner waited for his own credit alert - stopped a tricycle which he told to take him and the new TV to his church. 

Till now, the shop owner is yet to receive the money and the man's phone has been switched off. 

Journalist Sapele Oghenek who shared the report, has warned Nigerians to be wary of this method of using fake bank alerts by scammers. 

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/man-scams-shop-owner-with-fake-bank-alert-after-buying-32-tv-in-delta.html

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Issame: 9:00am On Sep 13, 2018
>>

Two Nigerian Ladies Strips Unclad While Fighting Because Of Guys, Watch The Video HERE

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by gaby(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2018
This is rampant and the latest these days.

Always make sure to check your account balance before you allow any client walk off with your goods. It won't take you a whole day to do that, and if the client gets impatient and won't patronise you because of that, simply let him/her go jejely.

Enjoy my siggy

59 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by DaniDani(m): 11:02am On Sep 13, 2018
This is the latest scamming tactics and should not be ignored by businessmen/men

15 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2018
cry cry
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by danny56: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2018
If it an interbank transfer...it can happen this way too. Contact your bank first. If not possible then, trace the guy.

Sellers should help themselves too by getting a POS machine. Haba!!!

30 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Hoodbilonia: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
i do only cash
cash transaction only.
fuc d sms alert
if d money no dey my mobile banking app within 5-30mins
den na scam

4 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by dominique(f): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
Very slow of the seller. A debit alert from the buyer is not enough, you need to confirm that money has entered your account. This is why most sellers won't accept fund transfer except it is from a trusted customer

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by miqos03: 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
Wahala for him but

Check my signature
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by 35457788skyblue(m): 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
danny56:
If it an interbank transfer...it can happen this way too. Contact your bank first. If not possible then, trace the guy.

Sapele always a curse land pity people when go marry their

1 Like

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Shehunoshewhat: 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
Abegi
Maybe transfer option is not for illiterates, after all.
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by tayo4ng(m): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
Foolish seller and wise buyer

2 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by SOLUTION99(m): 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
THAT'S A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT FOR OTHERS TO LEARN.
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by toluxa1(m): 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
This is a very popular scam now. It worked on me once in Abuja but since then I don wise. It has been attempted 2-3 times since then to no avail using different psychological maneuvers. What I know is, once I login to my mobile app and your money is not FULLY dropped into my account, you're not taking a pen. The person to do it will actually chop beating or I call crowd and get him/her arrested.

This is a picture of the last person to try it with me in Abuja. Wanted to scam me of Brand New Samsung S9 Plus. I removed a razor blade as we were waiting for alert and began to play with it. He was practically trembling and sweating profusely. He started making calls and I sighted one text that entered his phone with my 90 degree eye saying, "if the parol no pure, leave there immediately". At that point it was clear he was a scam. He quickly told me to keep the phone that please if I get alert I should call him so he can come and pick the phone. Who does that with a stranger. Na God save the guy, would have given him tribal mark.

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by zolajpower: 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
The seller must be a learner , he was never into mmm where some member send fake alert.

4 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Observer007(m): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Not enough information in this story to conclude that it was fraudulent.

Bank credit confirmations sometimes delay. The fact that the buyer's phone was turned off isn't enough to conclude that he scammed the seller. Afterall he hailed a bike and headed straight to church with the TV. He could have put off his phone so as to be under proper anointing.

6 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by chloride6: 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Are you a learner?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Alert with remaining balance first before anything grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Ositace(m): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
The shop owner need to chop better cane...

2 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Worksunlimited: 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
danny56:

This happened to me yesterday.. I was pissed off by how slow and frustrating interbank transfer transactions could be at times (Na the first time wey e happen to me be that).. especially when it forces you to do transfer twice or more, then alert and debit would suddenly start rushing into your phone 6hrs later...

The thing can vex person ehn..

5 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Mankosi: 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Why will he go online to destroy the guy's image when he have not done his confirmation.. He should go to the bank first and confirm that the payment didn't reflect on his acct before ranting online. If he eventually discover that the money entered his acct but he couldn't get the alert because of network issues then he's in trouble because if I were the guy I will sue him straight away.

There was day i transfered 40k to sb in first bank from gtb but it took fews days before it reflected on the man's acct. The man even went to his bank and was told the money is not there and he was calling me that I should do the transfer again but I told I can't do that since I am sure the first one was successfully done and was not returned so why will I do another one. I had to forward the alert I got to his phone to back up my claim. It took about 3 or 4 days before the money reflected on his acct and he later called to inform me that he have seen it.
Had it been I send another one as he requested it would have been difficult for me to get the first one back.
Such thing happen sometimes.
And even if u didn't get ur alert pls always check ur balance using ur bank acct check code to be sure it didn't reflect.

12 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by itiswellandwell: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
The seller isn't smart. What happened to installing the bank app to check transactions on your phone? What happened to having your account officer no and call to confirm if such amount entered your account. Went to buy something and did transfer, the man told me I will have to wait till he confirms the payment in his account, I didn't blame him. Had to dropped the item and collected his no, calling him if he had gotten the payment. He later called that he had gotten it and I went back to pick up my item. I wouldn't blame him. I blame the bank for slow transaction process.

4 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by MRLANNISTER(m): 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
DaniDani:
This is the latest scamming tactics and should not be ignored by businessmen/men

Even babes. Some have been scammed with fake alert. grin
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by asawanathegreat(m): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
My state with bad news these days I no understand.

1 Like

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Blamtom(f): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
That's their own business

Join my signature & benefit with us tongue
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
the shop owner should have checked his account balance na.

Awon Delta and wayo.

1 Like

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by TOMMIEYIKES: 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
Observer007:
Not enough information in this story to conclude that it was fraudulent.

Bank credit confirmations sometimes delay. The fact that the buyer's phone was turned off isn't enough to conclude that he scammed the seller. Afterall he hailed a bike and headed straight to church with the TV. He could have put off his phone so as to be under proper anointing.
you're mad sad grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by whizzyleejr(m): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
Igbo kwenu.... I trust una
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by velo10: 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
toluxa1:
This is a very popular scam now. It worked on me once in Abuja but since then I don wise. It has been attempted 2-3 times since then to no avail using different psychological maneuvers. What I know is, once I login to my mobile app and your money is not FULLY dropped into my account, you're not taking a pen. The person to do it will actually chop beating or I call crowd and get him/her arrested.

This is a picture of the last person to try it with me in Abuja. Wanted to scam me of Brand New Samsung S9 Plus. I removed a razor blade as we were waiting for alert and began to play with it. He was practically trembling and sweating profusely. He started making calls and I sighted one text that entered his phone with my 90 degree eye saying, "if the parol no pure, leave there immediately". At that point it was clear he was a scam. He quickly told me to keep the phone that please if I get alert I should call him so he can come and pick the phone. Who does that with a stranger. Na God save the guy, would have given him tribal mark.

Lol, you bad gaan

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policeman Smashed Man's Car After He Refused To Give Him N100 Bribe [Photo] / Kidnappers Of Catholic Priests In Plateau State Arrested (Photos) / Female Kidnappers In Who Abduct Children From Schools, Arrested. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.