Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo (39460 Views)

22-Year-Old Buys ₦4.6m Car With Fake Bank Alert, Lands In Ondo Police Net / Lady Arrested For Fake Alert After Buying Drinks Of ₦420,000 At A Nightclub / Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by altereg0: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
whizzyleejr:
Igbo kwenu.... I trust una

You shouldn't have missed geography classes in school.
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Organs(m): 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
toluxa1:
This is a very popular scam now. It worked on me once in Abuja but since then I don wise. It has been attempted 2-3 times since then to no avail using different psychological maneuvers. What I know is, once I login to my mobile app and your money is not FULLY dropped into my account, you're not taking a pen. The person to do it will actually chop beating or I call crowd and get him/her arrested.

This is a picture of the last person to try it with me in Abuja. Wanted to scam me of Brand New Samsung S9 Plus. I removed a razor blade as we were waiting for alert and began to play with it. He was practically trembling and sweating profusely. He started making calls and I sighted one text that entered his phone with my 90 degree eye saying, "if the parol no pure, leave there immediately". At that point it was clear he was a scam. He quickly told me to keep the phone that please if I get alert I should call him so he can come and pick the phone. Who does that with a stranger. Na God save the guy, would have given him tribal mark.

We can do more than this. You can report it to Police have his picture everywhere etc. What we dont do is ensure it doesnt happen to the next guy and that is very very important.

1 Like

Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by thedondada(m): 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2018
dominique:
Very slow of the seller. A debit alert from the buyer is not enough, you need to confirm that money has entered your account. This is why most sellers won't accept fund transfer except it is from a trusted customer

I usually go and do other stuff while they wait for the alert. By the time I get back it's a done deal.

No long story.
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by Hoodbilonia: 7:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
na only God go save person.
na to dey accept btc deposit only
fake notes
well af neva xpernc such sha
fake notes.
na to shaply use d 1k shaply go buy card
if dem shout fake money.na too pursue dah person.shap jungle justice.no time.
Exponental:

What if you were robbed or scammed with fake notes.
For every credit, ensure you confirm via a check balance method before you release the goods.
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by ewizard1: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
But atimes, the transfer crediting really delays, this has happened to me so many times. I have done transfers to a seller which the seller called me the next day of just getting the alert. The banks too should take faults on some sides. It happens mostly with inter-bank transactions.
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by OMOTOWO(m): 12:26am On Sep 14, 2018
toluxa1:
This is a very popular scam now. It worked on me once in Abuja but since then I don wise. It has been attempted 2-3 times since then to no avail using different psychological maneuvers. What I know is, once I login to my mobile app and your money is not FULLY dropped into my account, you're not taking a pen. The person to do it will actually chop beating or I call crowd and get him/her arrested.

This is a picture of the last person to try it with me in Abuja. Wanted to scam me of Brand New Samsung S9 Plus. I removed a razor blade as we were waiting for alert and began to play with it. He was practically trembling and sweating profusely. He started making calls and I sighted one text that entered his phone with my 90 degree eye saying, "if the parol no pure, leave there immediately". At that point it was clear he was a scam. He quickly told me to keep the phone that please if I get alert I should call him so he can come and pick the phone. Who does that with a stranger. Na God save the guy, would have given him tribal mark.
bro finish the gist na!!what of his phone ?
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by OMOTOWO(m): 12:26am On Sep 14, 2018
toluxa1:

got u better now
Re: Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo by alstacs(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2018
dominique:
Very slow of the seller. A debit alert from the buyer is not enough, you need to confirm that money has entered your account. This is why most sellers won't accept fund transfer except it is from a trusted customer

This issue of sms alert self get as he be. I don't think people should rely on sms for confirmation but direct confirmation from his account through online his banking app etc.
Aside the fact that the sms may fail to deliver, fake ones are all over the place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emmanuel Kazeem Jailed For Biggest Tax Fraud In USA (photo) / People Caught Refilling Empty Bottles Of Water For Reselling (Video) / Baba Ijesha: God Is Not Man, Says Princess Hours After Court’s Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.