Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? (16224 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2010
Has joagbaje for once assumed that the Jeremiah passage (that people of this view often quote) MAY refer to a future event, and not a past event?
I think Jeremiah was a prophet not an historian or praphet
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by NegroNtns(m): 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2010
@POST,

I believe we will know the answer to this question if we know what age they were at creation.

How old was Adam at creation and how old was Eve at creation?
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2010
Joagbaje:

Genesis 1:2
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness[ was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Bible explains bible. Jeremiah gave account of what led to the recreation .

Jeremiah 4:23-26
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo,[ it was] without form, and void; and the heavens, and they[ had] no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25 I beheld, and, lo,[ there was] no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. [/b]26 I beheld, and, lo, the [b]fruitful place[ was] a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord,[ and] by his fierce anger

There were once men , birds , animal and light in the before the six day of Adam.

Genesis 1:28
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,

To "re-plenish" means to fill it up the second time. That means the earth was once inhabited.

These are bible verses and not mans addition. And I think the man addition I'm seeing here is the CHICK PUBLICATION CARTOONS! They have printed many errors in time past.

aletheia and Image123 have done justice to your misconceptions (subtractions). Those cartoons are not CHICK PUBLICATION CARTOONS, which is another misconception you made.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2010
Joagbaje:

@altheia

You quoted NIV. why don't you check the footnote of your Niv. Of verse two. Note "e" You will find that that you NIV says "the earth possibly became void and empty". The earth wasn't created void and empty.

Isaiah 45:18
18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I[ am] the LORD; and[ there is] none else

My dictionary translates replenish as refill.
I checked your webster dictionary , it gave 2 meanings and I could see how you turned blind eye tooth refill there in no2

a : to fill with persons or animals : stock
b archaic : to supply fully : perfect
c : to fill with inspiration or power : nourish

a : to fill or build up again <replenished his glass>
b : to make good : replace

Read up on the proper perspective of God's holy Word on creation in the hyperlinks below for answers to all your misconceptions.

Gap ruin reconstruction theories
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33pm On Oct 23, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

@POST,

I believe we will know the answer to this question if we know what age they were at creation.

How old was Adam at creation and how old was Eve at creation?

Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by aletheia(m): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2010
Joagbaje:

@altheia

You quoted NIV. why don't you check the footnote of your Niv. Of verse two. Note "e" You will find that that you NIV says "the earth possibly became void and empty". The earth wasn't created void and empty.   

Isaiah 45:18
18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I[ am] the LORD; and[ there is] none else

My dictionary translates replenish as refill.
I checked your webster dictionary , it gave 2 meanings and I could see how you turned blind eye tooth refill there in no2

a : to fill with persons or animals : stock
b archaic : to supply fully : perfect
c : to fill with inspiration or power : nourish

a : to fill or build up again <replenished his glass>
b : to make good : replace

^^Really? Did you take time to read my post.
1. The KJV (written in archaic English) is the version that uses the word "replenish". Other versions use the word fill. I showed you that from the Webster's 1806 dictionary; the word means to fill, satisfy, stock, become stocked
2. I showed you that the Hebrew word used there וּמִלְא֥וּ also means to fill up.
3. I showed you that translations in Modern English translate the word as fill.

So where are you getting your refill theory from? It is a doctrine of demons.

And then you redoubt to the gap theory. Like I said we have treated this elsewhere before now. So here are the pertinent rebuttals.

Was There A World Before Genesis 1?

No.

Nothing new under the sun. The age which one prescribes for the earth is extremely dependent on one's view of creation. There are five major theories on the interpretation of the six days of creation.

1. The pictorial day theory claims that the six days mentioned in Genesis are the six days in which God revealed to Moses the events of creation. But the bible relates the creation as clearly, simply, and historically as it does other events. To interpret the text in this manner requires the abandonment of all exegetical principles.

2. The gap view claims that Genesis 1:1 describes an original creation which was followed by the fall of Satan and great judgment. Genesis 1:2 is then supposed to be a description of the recreation or restoration that took place. The Old Scofield Bible [Also Dake's Bible] maintains that the condition of the earth in verse two is the result of judgment, and therefore interprets the verb "hayah" as "became". However the Hebrew construction of verse two is disjunctive, describing the result of the creation described in verse one. The phrase "without form and void" is often misunderstood because of this rendering. These words are found only in a few other places (Is 34:11; 45:18; Jer 4:23). They do not describe chaos but rather emptiness and so would mean "unformed and unfilled". Exodus 20:11 teaches that all the universe, including the heavens and the earth, was created in the six day period mentioned in Genesis 1.

3. The intermittent view claims that the days mentioned are literal days, but that they were separated by long periods of time. This view is in direct contradiction of Exodus 20:11 and conveniently ignores the recurring phrase: "And the evening and the morning. . ." which describes the passage of the six days.

4. The day-age theory claims that the word "yom" which is the Hebrew word for "day" is used to refer to periods of indefinite length, not to literal days. While this is a viable meaning of the word, it is not the common meaning, nor is the meaning of the word sufficient foundation for the theory. Moreover it ignores the clearly stated meaning of Exodus 20:11. The phrase "And the evening and the morning" indicates literal days (cf. Daniel 8:14, where the same phrase in Hebrew is translated "day"wink

5. The literal day view accepts the clear meaning of the text: the universe was created in six literal days. The various attempts to join together the biblical account of creation and evolution are not supportable even by the various gap theories.

God of His own will and by His absolute power called the universe into being, creating it out of nothing (Ex 20:11; Ps 33:6, 9; 102:25; Is 45:12; Jer 10:12; John 1:3; Acts 14:15; 17:24; Rom 4:17; Col 1:15-17; Heb 3:4; 11:3; Rev 4:11). When one acknowledges the absolute power of God, he must accept His power to create and destroy as stated in the Scriptures. The believer must accept these things by faith.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

I believe the world was created in six days because God said so.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by aletheia(m): 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Read up on the proper perspective of God's holy Word on creation in the hyperlinks below for answers to all your misconceptions.

An excellent resource. I hope Joagbaje will actually take time to read it. I just had to post this picture:
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by dejiariyo1: 4:03am On Oct 24, 2010
See this pple won kill themselves unto another mans religion lol, Africans and their slavery mentality.

Can any of you let us know who constantine is and his role in the new christianity and why we have a Sun-day as the day of worship.

If any of you can at least say something then i will enlighten you about your religion .

Jesus was killed on a friday , he eventually died around 3pm and he woke up on a sunday as the bible , same bible told you he woke up after three days, answer this how can friday afternoon to sunday be 3 days? lol
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by Joagbaje(m): 5:48am On Oct 24, 2010
Altheia
aletheia:

^^Really? Did you take time to read my post.
1. The KJV (written in archaic English) is the version that uses the word "replenish". Other versions use the word fill. I showed you that from the Webster's 1806 dictionary; the word means to fill, satisfy, stock, become stocked
2. I showed you that the Hebrew word used there וּמִלְא֥וּ also means to fill up.
3. I showed you that translations in Modern English translate the word as fill.

Ok you scored a point. There let's leave refill out. Deal with the other scriptures.
Have you checked out your NIV. Footnote?
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by Joagbaje(m): 5:59am On Oct 24, 2010
@Olaadegbu
OLAADEGBU:

I'm going through it now.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by aletheia(m): 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2010
Joagbaje:

Have you checked out your NIV. Footnote?
^Sir. I have seen it. And there was a time when I believed the gap theory just like you but Exodus 20:11 shattered that illusion. Ask yourself this questions:
1. If that is a valid interpretation of Genesis 1:2, why is it in the footnote and not the body?
2. Why do other English translations not include this new translation either in the body or the footnote? (I checked: even the Amplified does not render Genesis 1:2 so)

[center]Was or Became[/center]
Hebrew OT: BHS Consonants & Vowels Transliterated:
1 be·re·shit ba·ra e·lo·him et ha·sha·ma·yim ve·'et ha·'a·retz. 2 ve·ha·'a·retz ha·ye·tah to·hu va·vo·hu ve·cho·shech al-pe·nei te·ho·vm ve·ru·ach e·lo·him me·ra·che·fet al-pe·nei ham·ma·yim.

"Gappists" translate “the earth was without form and empty” as “the earth became [or, ‘had become’] without form and empty.” At stake is the translation of the Hebrew word hayetah (a form of the Hebrew verb, hayah, “to be”).
The meaning of a word is controlled by its context, and verse 2 is circumstantial to verse 1. Thus, “was” is the most natural and appropriate translation for hayetah. It is rendered this way in almost all English versions (as well as the Septuagint). Furthermore, in Genesis 1:2 hayetah [/i]is not followed by the preposition [i]le, which would have removed any ambiguity in the Hebrew and required the translation “became.”

[center]Problems with the gap theory:[/center]

1. It is inconsistent with God creating everything in six days, as Scripture states.

Exodus 20:11 says, “For in six days the Lord made the heavens and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and made it holy”. Thus, the creation of the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1) and the sea and all that is in them (the rest of creation) was completed in six days. Where is there time for a gap?

2. It puts death, disease, and suffering before the Fall, contrary to Scripture.

From Romans 5:12, “Therefore, even as through one man [Adam] sin entered the world, and death by sin, and so death passed on all men inasmuch as have sinned,” we understand that there could not have been human sin or death before Adam. The Bible teaches (1 Corinthians 15) that Adam was the first man, and as a result of his rebellion (sin), death and corruption (disease, bloodshed, and suffering) entered the universe. Before Adam sinned there could not have been any animal or human death. Note also that there could not have been a race of men before Adam that died in “Lucifer's flood” because 1 Corinthians 15:45 tells us that Adam was the “first” man.

Romans 8:22 teaches us that “we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.” Clearly the whole of creation was, and is, subject to decay and corruption because of sin. The fossil record shows disease, decay, and death. When gap theorists believe that disease, decay, and death existed before Adam sinned, they ignore that this contradicts the teaching of Scripture.

Most importantly, the gap theory undermines the gospel at its foundations.

By accepting an ancient age for the earth (based on the standard uniformitarian interpretation of the geologic column), gap theorists leave the evolutionary system intact (which by their own assumptions they oppose).

Even worse, they must also theorize that Romans 5:12 and Genesis 3:3 refer only to spiritual death. But this contradicts other Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15; Genesis 3:22-23). These passages tell us that Adam's sin led to physical death as well as spiritual death. In 1 Corinthians 15 the death of the last Adam (the Lord Jesus Christ) is compared with the death of the first Adam. Jesus suffered physical death for man's sin, because Adam, the first man, died physically because of sin. Genesis 3:22-23 tells us that if Adam and Eve could have partaken of the fruit of the Tree of Life, they would have lived forever, but God decreed that they should die physically because of their sin.

The gap (or “ruin-reconstruction”) theory is based on a very tenuous interpretation of Scripture.

[center]The Straightforward Meaning of Genesis 1:1-2[/center]

The gap (or “ruin-reconstruction”) theory is based on a very tenuous interpretation of Scripture.

The simple, straightforward meaning of Genesis 1:1-2 is that when God at the beginning created the earth it was initially formless, empty, and dark, and God's Spirit was there above the waters. It was through His creative energy that the world was then progressively “formed and filled” during the remaining six days of creation.

Consider the analogy of a potter making a vase. The first thing he does is get a ball of clay. What he has is good, but it is unformed. Next, he shapes it into a vase, using his potter's wheel. Now it is no longer formless. He then might dry it, apply glaze, and fire it. Now it is ready to be filled—with flowers and water. At no time could one of the stages be considered evil or bad. It was just not finished—unformed (without form) and unfilled (void). When it was finally formed and filled, it could be described as “very good.”

God, of course, did not have to take six days to create everything, but he did this deliberately as a pattern for us—for our seven-day week.

You can follow up on this here

BTW: this might be a good time for you to examine the reasons why the NIV is considered by many to be a bad and misleading translation. I used to use it until I read the preface (which made me begin to wonder about the NIV; further research convinced me to ditch it).
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by Joagbaje(m): 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2010
Hmmm, this is first time as far as I can recollect that you didn't throw insult.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by SirJohn(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2010
Quite an intresting thread, I'm looking forward to Joagbaje defending himself (thats if he can)
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2010
The truth is that the bible contradicts itself so much on the creation that it makes it irrational to believe its accounts.

In genesis 1:27 it clearly shows that God Created other human beings apart from Adam and Eve. I beleive the story of the Bible was written from the viewpoint of the Jews and they saw adam and Eve as their own ancestor and the other human the ancestors of others like we blacks and europeans

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

If you read Genesis 4, it demonstrates that there we indeed other humans on earth and Cain was afraid of meeting them. If we follow the Jewish interpretation there would only have been 3 people on earth at the time Adam, Eve and Cain (Cain had killed Abel by then)

13 Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me." 15 But the LORD said to him, "Not so [e] ; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, [f] east of Eden

Lastly and what I think is the clincher further on in Genesis 4, who was Cain's wife, did her marry his sister or his niece?

17 Cain lay with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch. 18 To Enoch was born Irad, and Irad was the father of Mehujael, and Mehujael was the father of Methushael, and Methushael was the father of Lamech.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2010
The truth is that the bible contradicts itself so much on the creation that it makes it irrational to believe its accounts.

In genesis 1:27 it clearly shows that God Created other human beings apart from Adam and Eve. I beleive the story of the Bible was written from the viewpoint of the Jews and they saw adam and Eve as their own ancestor and the other human the ancestors of others like we blacks and europeans

If you read Genesis 4, it demonstrates that there we indeed other humans on earth and Cain was afraid of meeting them. If we follow the Jewish interpretation there would only have been 3 people on earth at the time Adam, Eve and Cain (Cain had killed Abel by then)

13 Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me." 15 But the LORD said to him, "Not so [e] ; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, [f] east of Eden

Lastly and what I think is the clincher further on in Genesis 4, who was Cain's wife, did her marry his sister or his niece?

17 Cain lay with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch. 18 To Enoch was born Irad, and Irad was the father of Mehujael, and Mehujael was the father of Methushael, and Methushael was the father of Lamech.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51am On Oct 28, 2010
bermuda1:

Cain's Wife

Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2010
@OlaAdegbu

Im sorry but that link, like most other biblical defendants rather than answer the questions go round in circles in a bid to confuse people.

Adam was not the first man. Adam is a mythological legend made up by the children of Isreal to reinforce their belief as the favoured children of God.

The world obviously started with one Man and one woman. That man and that women were not Adam and Eve as described by the bible
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2010
bermuda1:

Im sorry but that link, like most other biblical defendants rather than answer the questions go round in circles in a bid to confuse people.

Adam was not the first man. Adam is a mythological legend made up by the children of Isreal to reinforce their belief as the favoured children of God.

The world obviously started with one Man and one woman. That man and that women were not Adam and Eve as described by the bible

It is obvious that you do not read or believe the Bible as your final authority and those who believe in fallen man's faulty pressumptions and fairytales. But if you do this is what Paul had to say about the first man in Romans 5:12

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"

We also read in 1 Corinthians 15:45 that:

"The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit"

Adam is a key figure in Scripture. He is described as the first Adam, the one who brought sin into the world. He made it necessary for Jesus, the last Adam, to atone for all humans, and then rise from the grave with the promise of complete redemption for fallen man and fallen creation. If Adam was just a myth as you are saying, we would not be able to fully understand the work of Jesus.

If Adam and Eve were mythological legends, then we ought to doubt whether their children were real too, and their children and so on, and then we ought to doubt the first 11 chapters of Genesis as you have been doing here, etc. All the genealogies accept Adam as being a literal person, so their children Cain and Abel (Genesis 4:9,10; Luke 11:50,51) must be real too. Jesus was "descended" from Adam, or is it possible to be descended from a myth.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2010
Behold, The mother of all living.

Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by Sweetnecta: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2010
While I will ignore the playful old man still playing with play dough, above, it may be interesting to note that he and bermuda1 are both wrong on their take of father Adam.

@Bermuda1:« #48 on: Today at 02:18:01 PM »
[Quote]@OlaAdegbu

Adam was not the first man.[/Quote]Sure Adam was. If not tell us who was and give us his name and how the first human became man, then also how the first woman appeared. Which came first will be your problem; the chicken or the egg?

[Quote] Adam is a mythological legend made up by the children of Isreal to reinforce their belief as the favoured children of God.[/Quote]And anyone who thinks that the children of Jacob had anything more to do with Adam than any tribal human group alive, must have to examine his thinking. Let me argue with the assumption that the Jews make this claim. There will be a viewpoint that we are all Jews if Adam was a Jew. We will also be children of Israel if Adam was a child of Israel. Who was Israel, but Jacob, a grandson of Abraham. Is it possible that Adam was a descendant of Jacob?

This alone is enough to kill the idea that any has about claiming the father of man for Jews or because of their dislike of religions or the children of Israel if either or both is the case, discard creation and the fact that there is a Creator.

Even Jacob did not practice Judaism or a child of Israel. Jacob was Israel and practiced the religion of father Ibrahim (AS), who was not a Jew or Christian.

My argument against it is very obvious by the above. This is reality. Only those living a lie will say there is no Master of this complex Universe, or say the Master is unable by Himself to decide the path of Mercy and Punishment.

[QUote]The world obviously started with one Man and one woman. That man and that women were not Adam and Eve as described by the bible[/QUote]Am on your side about the erroneous condition of the Bible. But Adam and Eve truly existed, not in a garden in this world, but started out in heaven, then Paradise until Satan excited them to go against what they have instructed. Then they were sent out to the earth to produce their children who manage the earth, as the temporary custodian[s].
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 29, 2010
Different cultures provide myths and legends to explain their origins. The Yorubas use Oduduwa, the Hausas use Bayajidda and the Isrealites (Jews) use Adam and Eve. For years, generations of Yoruba people believed the story of Oduduwa, the white man came with his story of adam and eve, and people switch what they believe

The only people that know the story of Adam and Eve are people who follow ofshoots of Abraham's religion. That is Jews, Christians and Muslim. The story of Adam and eve is not accepted in India, china, Japan etc their religion have their own explanation of how the world came about.

The bible especially the old testament is written from the viewpoint of the Isrealites. It is a chronicle of how they see themselves and their history. If we want to beleive the generally accepted theory that Genesis was written by Moses, it infers that Adam and Eve were a creation of the imagination of Moses and was handed down over generations.

There is no other cross reference in the world about the origin of man apart from the Thorah and its ofshoots, the Bible and the Quran.

I still maintain that no matter if you believe in creationism or evolution, the world started with One man and one woman. How they came about for sure, nobody really knows. If it helps you to believe that they were made from sand and put in a garden with an apple tree? Thats fine. If it also helps you to believe that One day a loud bang happened and a tadpole was formed and they started evolving until man was formed? Thats fine too. They are all speculations.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by jazzfatcat: 9:12am On Aug 29, 2011
How long Adam and Eve lived in Eden before they fell from God's grace by disobeying him, and being subsequently driven from Paradise is an excellent question, and the answer can satisfy many other issues people have with the idea of Creationism.  In fact, the Bible is silent on how long Adam and Eve were in Eden.  The Bible does give Adam's age at the time of his death. However, it is important to realize that Adam was created as an immortal adult, and so lived out of time--separate from time--until the day he sinned.  On THAT day, Adam began to live within time, as a mortal, prone to aging and death.  Therefore, to include Adam's time in the Garden of Eden in his mortal age at the time of his death is incorrect, since before Adam became mortal when he sinned, he was ageless.  It is incorrect to believe that Adam was created on one day, and sinned the next day.  A careful reading of the first two chapters of Genesis reveals that Adam was created and placed alone in the Garden of Eden where he walked with God during the cool of the day--probably early evening or first thing in the morning. In any case, Eve did not come along immediately.  The Bible states very clearly that God decided at some point that it was not good that Adam was alone.  This suggests that, on some level, Adam became lonely.  God did not create Eve right then, as some people think.  In fact, He did something else--something quite extraordinary.  He created a sampling of all the species of animals on earth, and brought each one of them to Adam to see what Adam would name them.  It was only after Adam had seen all the living things of God's earth that he realized there was none that could be his mate.  Only then did God create Eve.  Then, Adam and Eve walked together with God in the Garden.  Adam, by himself, could have been with God in Eden for eons.  Adam and Eve together in Eden could have been there for many more. How old is the earth?  Four billion years?  Eden had gates, don't forget.  This implies that it had walls to hold gates.  The Garden was probably protected and separate from the world outside its walls.  This means the dinosaurs came and went.  There was an ice age.  All of this went on, just as we now know from the world of science, while immortal Adam walked in the Garden with God.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by seekingtruth(m): 12:20am On May 21, 2013
stimulus: @ishmael,

My bros ishmael, honesty stimulus doesn't know that much, neither does he pretend knowledge that he doesn't have. The one thing I do know, however, is that Adam lived that long to be nine hundred and thirty years before he died (Gen. 5:5).

The question you posed is as much a blanket one that leads nowhere in the same lane as you will find other questions running. For instance, someone could as well ask, 'How long did Adam and Eve live outside the Garden?' What would be your answer to that, ishmael? Anything you and I offer as answers to those two questions would be strictly our personal opinions and nothing more - unless we can categorically prove such answers with texts from the Bible.

The essential thing for me is that Adam and Eve were in the Garden1, ate from the tree of which they were expressly forbidden2, were subsequently driven out3; but a promise of redemption made in reference to the Fall4.

That prophecy has been fulfilled in Christ5, and by God's grace millions (including me) have believed on Him to the saving of the soul6, and the obtaining of a far more eternal weight of glory7.

Shalom.

Notes
1. Gen. 3:8
2. Gen. 2:17 and 3:6
3. Gen. 3:24
4. Gen. 3:15
5. Gal. 4:4
6. Heb. 10:39
7. 2 Cor. 4:17
from genesis to revelation are people's opinion.
Re: How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:20am On May 21, 2013
We need the book of eden and the book of Adam before the question can be answer.

The bible of today is not complete, let the christian search for those books

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before / Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic / Six Important Things You Should Seek From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.