Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Sadio Mane: My Parents Told Me Pursuing Football Was A Waste Of Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sadio Mane: My Parents Told Me Pursuing Football Was A Waste Of Time (1028 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis / Leo Messi:11 Years Ago,best Goal In The History Of Football Was Scored / Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sadio Mane: My Parents Told Me Pursuing Football Was A Waste Of Time by Gunnerfreak: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
Told by his parents he was wasting his time, Liverpool attacker Sadio Mane proved them wrong.

Liverpool star Sadio Mane revealed his parents told him his pursuit of a football profession was a “waste of time”, right up until he signed his first contract.

Sadio Mane, 26, has developed into one of the key parts of a dangerous Liverpool assault, alongside Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.

However the Senegal international stated his mother and father never believed a career in soccer was a chance, urging him to instead attempt to become a teacher.

“I was born in a village the place there had never been a footballer who’d made it in the major championships,” Mane informed Bleacher Report.

“I remember that when I was little, my mother and father felt that I should study to become a teacher. They thought soccer was a waste of time and I’d never succeed at it.

“I always said: ‘This is the only job that will allow me to help you. And I think I have an opportunity to become a footballer.’

Read more: https://sportblitzz.com/2018/09/13/sadio-mane-my-parents-told-me-pursuing-football-was-a-waste-of-time/#ixzz5Qvb1BS1U

Re: Sadio Mane: My Parents Told Me Pursuing Football Was A Waste Of Time by Gunnerfreak: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
Gunnerfreak:

Told by his parents he was wasting his time, Liverpool attacker Sadio Mane proved them wrong.

Liverpool star Sadio Mane revealed his parents told him his pursuit of a football profession was a “waste of time”, right up until he signed his first contract.

Sadio Mane, 26, has developed into one of the key parts of a dangerous Liverpool assault, alongside Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.

However the Senegal international stated his mother and father never believed a career in soccer was a chance, urging him to instead attempt to become a teacher.

“I was born in a village the place there had never been a footballer who’d made it in the major championships,” Mane informed Bleacher Report.

“I remember that when I was little, my mother and father felt that I should study to become a teacher. They thought soccer was a waste of time and I’d never succeed at it.

“I always said: ‘This is the only job that will allow me to help you. And I think I have an opportunity to become a footballer.’

Read more: https://sportblitzz.com/2018/09/13/sadio-mane-my-parents-told-me-pursuing-football-was-a-waste-of-time/#ixzz5Qvb1BS1U

Re: Sadio Mane: My Parents Told Me Pursuing Football Was A Waste Of Time by slivertongue: 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
Na true dem talk nah! u are just among d lucky few

(1) (Reply)

. / Messi Is UEFA POTY Award Leaked Winner As Van Dijk Finishes 2nd, CR7 Sits 3rd / Watch WWE Wrestlemania 2021 Live Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.