Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general (44286 Views)

Bichi As DG DSS: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Most Tribalistic Leader - Southern Leaders / Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Appointment Of Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DSS Boss / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:56am On Sep 14, 2018
The way southerners increasingly think, see, reason and interpret nearly everything from a tribal/religious perspective (often from a biased negative angle) is quite sad and unfortunate.
This all together makes many of them untrustworthy for sensitive positions because of their apparent lack of objectivity; I therefore can appreciate why this time around Buhari may have less confidence in persons from the south - against his antecedence as a former military head of state where he was known to have populated his cabinet with majority of southern Christians.
Evidently much has changed since then; currently tribal and religious politics have taken over rational thoughts and reasoning; unfortunately, when it comes to national security no leader can afford to be careless enough to literally entrust his head in the mouth of a crocodile.

Even so; if we are to critically examine the all the appointments by this president based on geographical origins of the appointees then one would come to the following conclusion - which in general favours southerners; especially his economic which includes no northerners at all.

*PRESIDENT OF THE NORTH INDEED!!!!-*

*NE* gave Buhari 18.5% votes but got 24 appointments...
*SE* gave Buhari 1.3% votes but got 22 appointments.
*NC* gave Buhari 14.7% votes but got 21appointments.
*SS* gave Buhari 2.7% votes but got 20 appointments.
*SW* gave Buhari 15.7% votes but got 40 appointments.
*NW* gave Buhari 46% votes but got 30 appointments.

*MINISTERIAL POSITIONS BY REGION*:
*NW* with 46% votes have:
3 Junior Ministers of Budget & Planning, Aviation and Trade and Investment AND 4 Senior Ministers of Interior, Justice, Defense and Water Resources.
*NE* with 18.5% votes have:
3 Senior Ministers of Women Affairs, FCT, Education AND 3 Junior Ministers of Power, Foreign Affairs, Works and Housing.
*SW* with 15.7 votes have:
5 Senior Ministers of Finance, Solid Minerals, Communications, Health, Power, Works and Housing and 1 Junior Minister of Ministry of Niger Delta.
*SE* with 1.3% Votes have:
4 Senior Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Investment, Science and Technology and Labour & Employment and 1 Junior Minister of Education.
*SS* with 2.7% Votes have:
3 Senior Ministers of Transport (Land/Sea/Air) Budget and Planning, Ministry of Niger Delta AND 3 Junior Ministers of Petroleum, Health and Agriculture.
*NC* with 14.7% Votes have:
3 Senior Ministers Youth and Sports, Agriculture, Information AND 3 Junior Ministers of Environment, Solid Minerals and Labour and Employment.

Of the 8 Members of *Nigerian Economic Team*
4 from the SW,
3 from the SE, and
1 from the SS.
NOT ONE SINGLE NORTHERNER IS REPRESENTED!!!
The Menbers are:
VP - Osinbajo from the SW
Kemi - Finance from the SW
Fowler - FIRS from the SW
Dr. Oduwale - Head BP from the SW
Adviser Budget - Ben Akabueze from the SE.
Trade & Investment Enelemeh from the SE
Budget & Planning -Udoma-Udoma from the SS.
CBN Governor - Emefiele from the SS.

*INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENTS*:
70% of the 2016 and 2017 Road and Bridges Projects goes to the South, infact Lagos - Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail line will be commissioned by the end of third quarter of 2018 after the Federal Government injected about N100 Billion as part of Equity Funding for the project. So also projects like the ongoing Lagos-Ibadan-Shagamu Expressway, Second Niger Bridge, dredging of Escravos, Calabar and other Capital Projects across the region.

Yet people like FFK & FAYOSE can convince some set of blind and gullible youths that PMB is anti-South and anti-Christian!!!

THIS IS SO SAD!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Stopdkillins(m): 7:06am On Sep 14, 2018
I knew buari will never leave this guy as DG sss, becaus
1 he is a Christian
2 he is a southerner
3 he is from bayelsa
Not because he is not competent or not qualified Or because this so called bichi is more competent another transformer commissioner loading

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Smarkie: 7:17am On Sep 14, 2018
we have never gotten it worst like this

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by mercenary: 7:22am On Sep 14, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think seyeifa is a wrong replacement for Daura because he's a southern Christian who would be influenced by our myriads of fake pastors and GO's. A Christan who is submissive to fake pastors should never lead a Secret police. Muslims keeps secrets than we Christians so Buhari did not goof on this patriotic appointment sad
You will continue in your slavery for the rest of your life

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Ikenna0b: 7:24am On Sep 14, 2018
I honestly love coming to this forum. Love seeing the hellhole this shithole dragged themselves in. Enjoy your change idiots. Enjoy your change.
Nincompoops

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by wizseller: 7:43am On Sep 14, 2018
Buhari the dullard

Tyrant and irredeemable dictator

His nepotism stinks to high heavens

What a wicked soul....

I pity all the fools supporting this dead brain slowpoke that calls himself president

A massive defeat awaits him at the polls

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by ChrisChino(m): 8:06am On Sep 14, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think seyeifa is a wrong replacement for Daura because he's a southern Christian who would be influenced by our myriads of fake pastors and GO's. A Christan who is submissive to fake pastors should never lead a Secret police. Muslims keeps secrets than we Christians so Buhari did not goof on this patriotic appointment sad
I wish to slap you. idiot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by masseratti: 8:11am On Sep 14, 2018
Fariq:

They are not five sir they are 4.(Two of them from the south and two from the north) State the last fifth one. You are stating ministers yet you disregard them as statutory. Similarly when it comes to economy it is 98% south to 2% north. Only if you are not biased we will have reason together.

You dont want to believe the economy is being held by southerners and still want be to believe the Buhari is nepotistic in terms security architecture.
oga stop displaying ignorance on Internet, it will be there forever, think research before you post, service chiefs are made up of one chief of defense staff a South man, two chief of naval staff a South man, three chief of army staff a northerner, 4 chief of airforce staff a northerner, 5 the inspector General of police. Dss North, minister of defence North, NSA North, minister of interior North, Custom CG North, NIA North

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by ocelot2006(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2018
GoTV:

WTF ?! Are you f@%king serious angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by godliman: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2018
GoTV:
I doubt if you are Born again, I think you are born against us. Your types brought this disaster upon us and you still came here to spew trash. Be man enough and convert to islam than be a judas amongst us.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2018
Though i dont know much about this... PMB doesn't disappoints me at all.. Don't you think that Even INEC.. is a tool of PMB.he doesnt have a say!!!
JEGA was a man of his word.. This INEC boss is just a tool in the hands of PMB..I am 90% sure this elections will be rigged.. SW over to you.. For my Vice President i am saddened that will all what you are doing.. that old dude doesn't see the good in you. My God over to you.. I dont tire for the backward people that dont want to see this country move forward... Shame to them all..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by gudugudumeje: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2018
What an impunity on the part of Buhari and recklessness to the soul of. Nigeria. Shameful! What a way to embarrass the party, APC and Nigerians in the comity of nations...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:43am On Sep 14, 2018
masseratti:
Do I really care about where the person comes from? My take is why appoint a junior officer to preside over a senior officer?
This is not the police you know, its secret service and Jonathan did not appoint the former DG mind you.

That is what they do.. Transfer of service things.. look at the police force... PMB retired intelligent officers to give room for the present IGP. bringing junior to head senior... backward ever forward never!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2018
Fariq:

And Allah hate the hypocrite.

The Minster of finance is a southerner
The Minister of works housing and Power is a southerner
The Minister of transportation also
Minister of trade and industry also
CBN Governor either

I am yet to see a single Northerner in these strategic position. Did you here a single Northerner wail?

Going on the service cheif.
Cheif of defense staff is a southerner
Cheif of naval staff is a southerner

Other positions. Cheif Justice is also a Southerner.

Allah hate the hypocrite.
CBN was not appointed by PMB.. he wanted CBN governor out.. for reasons we all know which he will still do when he gets relected.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by saaron(m): 10:00am On Sep 14, 2018
Are my surprise? HELL NO! Those of us conversant with history know the real Buhari - AN ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALIST TRIBAL BIGOT.
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by babajeje123(m): 10:08am On Sep 14, 2018
4601CE:
who doesn’t know many pastors and Christians are thieves, rapists and liars .
Better than Muslims who are suicide bombers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by wizseller: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2018
So this nepotistic bigot called Buhari can't find a Christian from the North to appoint as DSS boss

I know it's the president prerogative to appoint security heads but he must do that considering the principle of federal character...has he done that with regards this appointments? NO

This is the tyrant and dictator some people want to return until 2023...God forbid

Someone who can't work cordially with all his country men is not fit to lead a multi religious and cultural society.

This evil called Buhari must be done away with before he finally destroys what is left of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by wizseller: 10:13am On Sep 14, 2018
So this nepotistic bigot called Buhari can't find a Christian from the North to appoint as DSS boss

I know it's the president prerogative to appoint security heads but he must do that considering the principle of federal character...has he done that with regards this appointments? NO

He is suspicious of anyone not from his religion and part of the country....is that a leader

This is the tyrant and dictator some people want to return until 2023...God forbid

Someone who can't work cordially with all his country men is not fit to lead a multi religious and cultural society.

This evil called Buhari must be done away with before he finally destroys what is left of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Realist2: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2018
AceRoyal:
PMB never fails to disappoint!
Can't even hide his nepotism and bigotry for just some few months before election.

IF PMB AND THIS APC LED GOVERNMENT CAN ACT LIKE THIS WHEN THEY HAVE SOMETHING AT STAKE(RE-ELECTION), WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO LOSE?!

Nice one bro.

This is the Question Day.
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by toggy: 10:30am On Sep 14, 2018
Learn and speak hausa before 2019!
cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Fariq: 10:40am On Sep 14, 2018
masseratti:
oga stop displaying ignorance on Internet, it will be there forever, think research before you post, service chiefs are made up of one chief of defense staff a South man, two chief of naval staff a South man, three chief of army staff a northerner, 4 chief of airforce staff a northerner, 5 the inspector General of police. Dss North, minister of defence North, NSA North, minister of interior North, Custom CG North, NIA North

You're are the one being ignorant in the internet. There are only 4 service cheif not 5. Go and learn first. Empty head. Even frok the name it gives you a clue that I.G is not a cheif

Inspector general of police is not a service cheif. They are only 4 service cheifs.

1. Cheif of defense staff - South
2. Cheif of naval staff - South
3. Cheif of air staff - North
4. Cheif of army staff - North

Head of Economic team Osinbajo, min of finance South, trade and industry South, works power and housing South, transportation South, CBN Governor South, head of frsc south, cheif Justice of the Federation South, min of state for petroleum south.
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by nwatthu(m): 11:05am On Sep 14, 2018
No sensible person will support Buhari in 2019. Any body that does that is insane.
kaorama:
We said it. A chameleon cannot change hia skin. This man is an incurable tribalist, a nepotic despot and an ethnic chauvinist. Southerners who are still supporting him need psychological examination. This is very irritating!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by masseratti: 11:25am On Sep 14, 2018
Fariq:

You're are the one being ignorant in the internet. There are only 4 service cheif not 5. Go and learn first. Empty head. Even frok the name it gives you a clue that I.G is not a cheif

Inspector general of police is not a service cheif. They are only 4 service cheifs.

1. Cheif of defense staff - South
2. Cheif of naval staff - South
3. Cheif of air staff - North
4. Cheif of army staff - North

Head of Economic team Osinbajo, min of finance South, trade and industry South, works power and housing South, transportation South, CBN Governor South, head of frsc south, cheif Justice of the Federation South, min of state for petroleum south.

so the IG is not a service chief? Wait where you even born during the military era? Because it seems you don't know the meaning of service chiefs, economic team is advisory oooo oga, it has no powers.
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Fariq: 11:30am On Sep 14, 2018
masseratti:
so the IG is not a service chief? Wait where you even born during the military era? Because it seems you don't know the meaning of service chiefs, economic team is advisory oooo oga, it has no powers.

Even during military era he addressed as inspector general of police not as service cheif.

CBN Governor is advisory post
Minister of transportation, works housing power, trade and industry, finance are all advisors. grin grin

Cheif Justice is also not important post I know because it is just statutory. grin

You hold the economy and you still want to hold the security. It ain't happening.
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by masseratti: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2018
Fariq:

Even during military era he addressed as inspector general of police not as service cheif.

CBN Governor is advisory post
Minister of transportation, works housing power, trade and industry, finance are all advisors. grin grin

Cheif Justice is also not important post I know because it is just statutory. grin

You hold the economy and you still want to hold the security. It ain't happening.
stop being clever by half, the IG is a service chief, you talk about the economic team and I told you it's an advisory body, the main stay of the economy is oil, who is the minister of Petroleum? Who is the Head of NNPC? Am ignoring that chief justice you putting there because I don't see how relevant that is to the what you are saying, that one is mostly done by hierarchy, hardly has any president disrupt that tradition, PMB wanted to try it he was fervently warned that all the supreme judges will resign if he tries it. The head of the main money producer are Notherners and you are mentioning ministers, guy go rest abeg am done.... Lemme help you, you are absolutely right. Happy now?
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by dvee2: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
masseratti:
at what point did Gej did the same thing, and if he did same thing, same treatment given to Gej is also good for PMB

GEJ removes Afrikiya Gedzema and replaces him with Its ekpenyong as Director DSS yet he is not a bigot. He remove Danbazzau and replaces with who he is comfortable with that is Ihejirika the North did not cry blue murder, GEJ retired several northern Generals to make space for his brother Minimah the hypocrites did not see anything wrong then. Remove the wool in your eyes
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Mystiquefia: 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
EternalTruths:

Buhari has sown the seed of hatred and a very intense hatred for that matter.

People are taking note and will definitely react when power enters into their hands.

So, I Was Thinking... When The Power Enters Into The Hands Of Southerners, Wont It Return Back To The Hands Of Northerners?
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Mystiquefia: 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=ItsMeAboki post=71181608]The way southerners increasingly think, see, reason and interpret nearly everything from a tribal/religious perspective (often from a biased negative angle) is quite sad and unfortunate.
This all together makes many of them untrustworthy for sensitive positions because of their apparent lack of objectivity; I therefore can appreciate why this time around Buhari may have less confidence in persons from the south - against his antecedence as a former military head of state where he was known to have populated his cabinet with majority of southern Christians.
Evidently much has changed since then; currently tribal and religious politics have taken over rational thoughts and reasoning; unfortunately, when it comes to national security no leader can afford to be careless enough to literally entrust his head in the mouth of a crocodile.

Even so; if we are to critically examine the all the appointments

Why Dont You Open A Thread On This Instead?
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by masseratti: 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
dvee2:

GEJ removes Afrikiya Gedzema and replaces him with Its ekpenyong as Director DSS yet he is not a bigot. He remove Danbazzau and replaces with who he is comfortable with that is Ihejirika the North did not cry blue murder, GEJ retired several northern Generals to make space for his brother Minimah the hypocrites did not see anything wrong then. Remove the wool in your eyes
oga if Gel did same thing and was booted out B should be ready to be booted out we need A Nigerian leader not the North or South South leader.
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Fariq: 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
masseratti:
stop being clever by half, the IG is a service chief, you talk about the economic team and I told you it's an advisory body, the main stay of the economy is oil, who is the minister of Petroleum? Who is the Head of NNPC? Am ignoring that chief justice you putting there because I don't see how relevant that is to the what you are saying, that one is mostly done by hierarchy, hardly has any president disrupt that tradition, PMB wanted to try it he was fervently warned that all the supreme judges will resign if he tries it. The head of the main money producer are Notherners and you are mentioning ministers, guy go rest abeg am done.... Lemme help you, you are absolutely right. Happy now?

The I.G is not a service cheif. The minister of state for petroleum is southerner. The economic team are not advisory team because PMB gave Osinbajo to do what he thinks is right. That's why Naira was devalued even when PMB is not buying the idea. The president can reject the appointment of the current Cheif Justice following retirement of Mahmud (the former 1) anrld nothing will happen. How many have Trump change since coming to Power.

Ministry of finance and CBN is where the money is. All the revenue of the nation goes there including that of custom. Who mnoey help when at the end of the day it will end in ministry of Lagos Ibadan (power works and housing). Who money help when at the end of the day it will end in ministry of transportation?

Let me help you, you're wrong IG is not among the service cheif.
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by Fariq: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
masseratti:
oga if Gel did same thing and was booted out B should be ready to be booted out we need A Nigerian leader not the North or South South leader.

Gej was not booted because of appointments. Because north did not raise an eyebrow when he is making his appointment. Talking of petroleum, is it not Madam Madueke the minister during Gej time.

Gej was booted because of insecurity and other reasons.
Re: Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general by masseratti: 12:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
Fariq:

Gej was not booted because of appointments. Because north did not raise an eyebrow when he is making his appointment. Talking of petroleum, is it not Madam Madueke the minister during Gej time.

Gej was booted because of insecurity and other reasons.
am done with you oga, I said you are right nau or you want something else?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Funny Handshakes Between Saraki And Ahmad Lawal (photos). / Abba Kyari And His Police Team Carry Out Successful Operation. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.