Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? (3051 Views)

5 Smart Ways To Make A Nigerian Lady Marry You. / Should A Graduate Lady Marry An Illiterate Man? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by Loveaflame(m): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2010
It pains my heart when I see the rate of unmarried people who are strongly to get there future partners.Why this?

This problem has become a mountain making lives unbearable for many.The many who are above 30 and still praying hard to get a true life life partner has given a great cause for concern.

I got married when I was 25 and my lady was 23.Was that to early.

I want to find out from you great Nairalanders,at what age should a guy or a lady marry?
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by Henesi2010(m): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2010
Loveaflame:

It pains my heart when I see the rate of unmarried people who are strongly to get there future partners.Why this?

This problem has become a mountain making lives unbearable for many.The many who are above 30 and still praying hard to get a true life life partner has given a great cause for concern.

I got married when I was 25 and my lady was 23.Was that to early.

I want to find out from you great Nairalanders,at what age should a guy or a lady marry?
I say a big congratulation to you & your wife. No bi small thing ooo. But could you pls answer the followin questions b4 i make my comment? (1) How old are you now? (2)How many children do you have?
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by Sub5(m): 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2010
i think the right age is 25 on 20 or 25 0n 23
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by R3tr0str(f): 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2010
^^^I think 20 or 23 is too young to get married cuz some ppl still don't know what they want at that age or are not mature enough to get married. I believe 25 to 27 is a good age.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by okenwa(m): 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2010
^^^ 25-27 for ladies,
25-33 for guys

however,age is not a key factor or perfect timing to go into marriage
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by R3tr0str(f): 11:22pm On Jul 03, 2010
^^Yeah, you're right
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by Iceugwa(m): 1:55am On Jul 04, 2010
get married wen you are financially, emotionally and physically ok
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by double08(m): 2:14am On Jul 04, 2010
My dear is not about age ooo is about meeting d right person and having the resource to maintain the married life that is more important
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by madlady(f): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2010
Iceugwa:

get married wen you are financially, emotionally and physically ok

I agree with this.

The average age to marry in the UK is 28 to 32 for a Woman and 33 to 35 for a Man.

The reasons for the above are, most men expect more from a woman than just beauty and the other, for example the average woman should own their own home, have a good job/career and at least be financially secure.Long gone are the days when the average man should be the sole provider.

Marriage at an early age has it's advantages, less pre-marital sex for one undecided.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by Dereformer(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2010
30-35 for men 25-32 for women
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by IRAPADA(m): 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2010
When smone is financially ok but for lady 20-25 is ok

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by Carolece(f): 5:50am On Jul 05, 2010
age is just a number.

people mature at different stages.

people accomplish their dreams at different stages.

people are ready to settle at different stages.

so what is the big deal about age? i clearly dont see one

its just a different world
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by Madukaele(m): 8:55am On Jul 05, 2010
women 50 -53 men 30s. smiley smiley smiley/

i know of a man married at age of 70 and d gurl dey 18 in abia state. dats cool also
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by ufos77: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2010
I am 33 want to get married by 35yrs.
The ideal age 4 a guy to get married is when, he is financially, emotionally, physically OK.
For a girl it is advisable to hook up in your mid-late 20s. The reason is;
Once you cross the 30yr threshold as a girl, the law of diminishing returns sets in in terms of ur physical attributes( whether girls admit it or not).
But the opposit is the case for guys. Guys suffer from their teenage years to their mid- late 20s(normally), but from the late 20s on, they mature and becopme more stable emotuionally and financially.
Thus the many instances of girls leaving guys in the hard young years to marry made men. These men in turn, come of age and marry younger girls. VICIOUS CYCLE. Anyone who gets married in the mid 20s in Naija of taday, must have a daddy who has done the hardwork for him
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by dbigrod(m): 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2010
ufos77:

I am 33 want to get married by 35yrs.
The ideal age 4 a guy to get married is when, he is financially, emotionally, physically OK.
For a girl it is advisable to hook up in your mid-late 20s. The reason is;
Once you cross the 30yr threshold as a girl, the law of diminishing returns sets in in terms of your physical attributes( whether girls admit it or not).
But the opposit is the case for guys. Guys suffer from their teenage years to their mid- late 20s(normally), but from the late 20s on, they mature and becopme more stable emotuionally and financially.
Thus the many instances of girls leaving guys in the hard young years to marry made men. These men in turn, come of age and marry younger girls. VICIOUS CYCLE. Anyone who gets married in the mid 20s in Naija of taday, must have a daddy who has done the hardwork for him

correct talk
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by makajibbz(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2010
for a guy,25 to 30, for a lady,same-same!!!
what's all the fussle about?
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by dbigrod(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
[size=15pt]for guys, 30 -35
for babes,23-25
[/size]
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by wunuken: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
i think if u are matured enough.u can get married weda u re 19or20
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by chimoney1: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2010
I say a big congratulation to you & your wife. No bi small thing ooo. But could you pls answer the following questions b4 i make my comment? (1) How old are you now? (2)How many children do you have?

i was 27 years in 2003 when i married and my wife is 25 years by then , and by that time some people think that it was too early , but by now i have three handsome baby boys and i own my own house in the village and in the city as well ,i own a car and my wife own one as well and i have being taking my responsibilities in my family , but i am not a politician but i t gives me joy when i see my children and i can still lie to some chick that i am single cos am still young physical .so your responsibilities will make you responsible and a better person in life.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by Loveaflame(m): 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2010
I am now in my thirties with two lovely children,a boy and a girl and living a peaceful life.It e has been wonderful amidst the trials and temptation.God has been faithful to me .
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by makajibbz(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2010
why is everybody writing down thier life story? the thread says '' At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? '' not
'' how's your family life?'',
Loveaflame:

I am now in my thirties with two lovely children,a boy and a girl and living a peaceful life.It e has been wonderful amidst the trials and temptation.God has been faithful to me .
chimoney1:

I say a big congratulation to you & your wife. No bi small thing ooo. But could you pls answer the following questions b4 i make my comment? (1) How old are you now? (2)How many children do you have?

i was 27 years in 2003 when i married and my wife is 25 years by then , and by that time some people think that it was too early , but by now i have three handsome baby boys and i own my own house in the village and in the city as well ,i own a car and my wife own one as well and i have being taking my responsibilities in my family , but i am not a politician but i t gives me joy when i see my children and i can still lie to some chick that i am single cos am still young physical .so your responsibilities will make you responsible and a better person in life.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by amyliajane(f): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2010
everyone with his/her own views and opinion. I really quite appreciate what carolece has said, it different for everyone.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by anitabest(f): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2010
300 is ok.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by AyoAina: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
for ladies-27
Guys-31
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by whiteroses(f): 2:43am On Jul 10, 2010
omo see the chart 23-27? does that mean i should start dating older men, cah z boyfriend is only 7 month older i can assure you he's not getting married at 24 only if i jazz him of course
Re: At What Age Should A Guy/lady Marry? by ds700(m): 7:50am On Jul 10, 2010
Personally, I would rather say "it varies from person to person"

I recommend Gbile Akanni messages on GUILDLINES ON CHOICE OF A LIFE PARTNER

(An eye opener for all singles)

(1) (Reply)

50 Things Guys Wish Girls Knew / Do All Girls/ladies Have Boyfriends? / If You Had To Take A Shot For Every Person You Had Sex With...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.