Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:04 AM

Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS (57088 Views)

DSS Personnel Celebrate The Removal Of Bichi As DG (Video) / Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Appointment Of Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DSS Boss / Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by agabaI23(m): 4:01am On Sep 14, 2018
Bluetooth2:

Obasanjo appointed Kayode ARE from Ogun State, Yardua appointed someone from North, Jonathan appointed his own from Calabar but you want Buhari to appoint someone from Jonathan’s backyard at a time he’s seeking re-election. Who does that ?
Where was Jonathan's NSA from?
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by EmekaMD(m): 4:10am On Sep 14, 2018
Iziquiel:

Go do your homework bro, not all of them are Northerners..
oh you mean the one Yoruba guy?
Common Bro that's not what a country of 350 ethic groups security chiefs should look like..

You have to agree that Buhari had an agenda..
A hidden one. That's the only explanation to that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by contigiency(m): 4:32am On Sep 14, 2018
IamEmem:
I am waiting for Osinbanjo to resign. Sebi they said he had the backing of bubu to sack daura and appoint seifa.
If that mere commissioner of a VP has any integrity he should show it now or remain silent forever.
Hehehehehehehe

That mere comissioner has been more active and proactive than all the presidents and vice put together by your useless PDP for 16years.
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by contigiency(m): 4:35am On Sep 14, 2018
agabaI23:
Where was Jonathan's NSA from?

NSA doesn't do the work in the field. He stays in the office advising his oga who may take the advice or throw it away.
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by jaxxy(m): 4:36am On Sep 14, 2018
modsfucker:
That seat is too sensitive to be entrusted to someone outside the president's comfort zone... Every President appoints his confidant as the DG SSS.

While I agree it doesn’t dispute the fact that it’s wrong and worrisome all security agencies heads shud be from the north. It is not only setting a bad precedent, causing more division, killing ethical practices, creating ethicity over professionalism, politicizing the agency and putting him in a bad light and confirming assertion about his ethnic bigotry. It’s wrong.

Obj, yaradua, Jonathan never did this. Buhari has failed almost every test he shud pass to lead and unite this nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by azimibraun: 4:49am On Sep 14, 2018
bosco2017:

how about when gej appoiinted hausa fulani men
ig of police n inec boss
How did he end up?

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by contigiency(m): 4:50am On Sep 14, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
Even with Elections Near, Ds Gov continues to take Acton's that will lower their Ratings, Bigot Buhari

That's why we like him. He is stable and doesn't do things just to please the mind of anyone. Rather, he does what he deems better and suites an occasion.

After all, if he had appointed those people you are making noise for, you and your group would still have dismised it with the excuse that he is trying to remedy his electoral value. That he gave the appointment to those people because election is close.

So my advice is that, since many of you have dedicated your trust and support to PDP no matter their actions, and on the other hand, transfered hatred to APC and buhari irrespective of any good actions they take, it will be more honourable that you stop complaining about his appointments but rather work very hard to see that your own party wins the next election.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by contigiency(m): 4:55am On Sep 14, 2018
azimibraun:
How did he end up?

Good question. may be he has forgotten that the man is still in detention for his crime against humanity which he used the same office to commit. even though him and Jonathan are supposed to be room mates over there, considering his confections and those of the other party men that worked with him to rape this country.
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by contigiency(m): 5:02am On Sep 14, 2018
jaxxy:

While I agree it doesn’t dispute the fact that it’s wrong and worrisome all security agencies heads shud be from the north. It is not only setting a bad precedent, causing more division, killing ethical practices, creating ethicity over professionalism, politicizing the agency and putting him in a bad light and confirming assertion about his ethnic bigotry. It’s wrong.

Obj, yaradua, Jonathan never did this. Buhari has failed almost every test he shud pass to lead and unite this nation.

Oga, do your check properly before posting. All of them are not from the North. I will not bother myself trying to tell you where each of them came from because you already have your mind fixated on hating whatever buhari does. else, you would have found out before posting this.
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by jaxxy(m): 5:28am On Sep 14, 2018
contigiency:

Oga, do your check properly before posting. All of them are not from the North. I will not bother myself trying to tell you where each of them came from because you already have your mind fixated on hating whatever buhari does. else, you would have found out before posting this.

I’m not fixated. Pls clarify, we are open to discuss objectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by ashjay001(m): 5:42am On Sep 14, 2018
Bluetooth2:

Obasanjo appointed Kayode ARE from Ogun State, Yardua appointed someone from North, Jonathan appointed his own from Calabar but you want Buhari to appoint someone from Jonathan’s backyard at a time he’s seeking re-election. Who does that ?

He could have continue appointing a southerner, temporarily till after elections. The man go just dey fall handssad
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by marvinsync(m): 5:54am On Sep 14, 2018
Xander85:

Meaning that Buhari is insular and doesn't have anyone (particularly a Christian) he can trust from the southern part of the country....this is the president of Nigeria need i remind you!

Which now begs the question: does this insular bigot have any business being the president of a complex, diverse and multi-cultural country like Nigeria!?

guy what uve said makes sense

but u see my problem is ur question mark should be b4 ur exclamation ( ?!)
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by InvertedHammer: 5:59am On Sep 14, 2018
/
Like I am supposed to give a rat's a$s.

Enjoy your Buhari.

He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches.

Watching the horror movie from a distance. The sucker can go up in flames for all I care.

/
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by kaliboi94(m): 6:08am On Sep 14, 2018
Bluetooth2:

Knowing the truth and shying away from it is rascality

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by daudaolaleke(m): 6:16am On Sep 14, 2018
IamEmem:

Oga "update" please show me where Osinbanjo said "pending the time Mr President will appoint or confirm" I thought y'all said Buhari was in full support of the then acting president in the sack and appoint? What is wrong if buhari confirms "their joint decision" as substantive DG? Why must all security apparatus of a country be headed by people from a particular section, is Nigeria just about them or the interest of other sections does not matter?
Oga "update" think with ur brain.
By the way where is Daura and when will his trial for the cause of his sack begin?
Since u r buhari advocate give answers pls.
Thank u.
Dont you know the meaning of 'acting'? The head of security operation is so sensitive that mr president must make sure he puts someone he can trust and confide in there. Stop being sentimental or shun tribalism. What we need is good governance, putting round peg in a round hole.
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by daudaolaleke(m): 6:22am On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=cool318 post=71175263][/quote]

Seiyefa will soon retire and there is a need to retire him few months to his retirement it is okay. It was happened during Jonanthan's era in the police for IG.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by Fitbillionairep: 6:28am On Sep 14, 2018
where u fuckers expecting him to put an afonja or an ipop there? why are negros so stupid
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by Krakboi(m): 6:33am On Sep 14, 2018
It's either you're a child or you just choose to play tricks with words but try to remember Aguiyi Ironsi and know that it's best to have your brothers watch your back!
Xander85:

Meaning that Buhari is insular and doesn't have anyone (particularly a Christian) he can trust from the southern part of the country....this is the president of Nigeria need i remind you!

Which now begs the question: does this insular bigot have any business being the president of a complex, diverse and multi-cultural country like Nigeria!?
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by Reference(m): 6:41am On Sep 14, 2018
micolaj:
I see no reason why people should complain about the new appointment. Loyalty, trust and competence are essential requirements for appointing a head of secret service anywhere in the world.So bringing tribalism into the whole issue of the appointment is strategically irrational.

Some are calling me up for my comment.
I must say that I am sorry for not sharing the same view with you on this matter.
Interestingly, the diversity of our opinions projects the beauty of Independence of our enlightened souls.

Read Duke's statement carefully. You observe the statement: 'against the clamour'... That is the hallmark of democracy, a leader's ability to read the flow of public opinion and respond appropriately in their interest.

There is no one that knows it all. And that is why democracy puts the burden of governance in the hands of the people. In a democracy public opinion counts. It puts you on the throne and it should sustain you.

A call by the public to broaden the ethnicity of the security apparatus is credible, tangible and foresighted. It represents a clamour for change in the way things have been done. It a defacto call for restructuring.

It so unfortunate that supporters of Mr. President's move roll out history of the same failed systems in previous administrations to justify it. And then quarrel with those who say nothing indeed has changed.... So sad.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by ochiosa(m): 6:46am On Sep 14, 2018
This man should have use this one to save himself and the north from embarrassment.
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by ochiosa(m): 6:50am On Sep 14, 2018
Haba...This man should have use this one to save his face, and the north from embarrassment.
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by RillJ(m): 6:51am On Sep 14, 2018
Bigotry could be an incurable disease.
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by chiddyj: 6:58am On Sep 14, 2018
Bros thank u a million times...it's people like u dat ve made remain in nairaland... I for don commot since
Reference:

Read Duke's statement carefully. You observe the statement: 'against the clamour'... That is the hallmark of democracy, a leader's ability to read the flow of public opinion and respond appropriately in their interest.

There is no one that knows it all. And that is why democracy puts the burden of governance in the hands of the people. In a democracy public opinion counts. It puts you on the throne and it should sustain you.

A call by the public to broaden the ethnicity of the security apparatus is credible, tangible and foresighted. It represents a clamour for change in the way things have been done. It a defacto call for restructuring.

It so unfortunate that supporters of Mr. President's move roll out history of the same failed systems in previous administrations to justify it. And then quarrel with those who say nothing indeed has changed.... So sad.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by oyoirabor: 7:16am On Sep 14, 2018
Bluetooth2:

But Jonathan appointed JEGA INEC CHAIRMAN during his re-election.

What is really wrong with this government and sets like you who supports this government blindly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by agabaI23(m): 7:18am On Sep 14, 2018
contigiency:

NSA doesn't do the work in the field. He stays in the office advising his oga who may take the advice or throw it away.
You know nothing John Snow or you just want to be mischievous.
You do not have an answer
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by Festy4u(m): 7:19am On Sep 14, 2018
modsfucker:
That seat is too sensitive to be entrusted to someone outside the president's comfort zone... Every President appoints his confidant as the DG SSS.

Yeah,.....just like the seat of the president of Nigeria that's too sensitive to appoint a bigot as president! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by Iziquiel(m): 7:28am On Sep 14, 2018
EmekaMD:
oh you mean the one Yoruba guy?
Common Bro that's not what a country of 350 ethic groups security chiefs should look like..

You have to agree that Buhari had an agenda..
A hidden one. That's the only explanation to that
How about the Chief of Naval Staff? Where is he from?
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by wizseller: 7:42am On Sep 14, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Donald_Duke/status/1040322411156135936?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Buhari the dullard

Tyrant and irredeemable dictator

His nepotism stinks to high heavens

What a wicked soul....

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by sunsewa16: 7:58am On Sep 14, 2018
modsfucker:

Just listen to ur self talking, who do u this,e no go better foram

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by holocron: 8:10am On Sep 14, 2018
modsfucker:

He didn't appoint a DGSS outside his zone... He appointed Ita Ekpenyong, a South South man, as the SSS DG. We're taking about secret service, not some police or military.

My friend, they are complaining of ALL the security heads being from one section of the country. Now that is exceptional, ok!

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by iukpe: 8:21am On Sep 14, 2018
I do not expect anything less from an old man.
Buhari is just fulfilling his life time ambition of being president.
So far he has achieved that and he's is OK. But because of the APC who cannot or don't want to lose the top job he is compelled to play on.
Let's continue to use our future as compensation for people who have nothing to offer.
This generation is fvcked. I should have waited for the next train.
Re: Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS by komekn(m): 8:26am On Sep 14, 2018
modsfucker:

And in the process enthrone NEPOTISM , FAVORITISM. RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY & TRIBALISM..

And that's what you call a STATESMAN president that represents all interests of Nigeria. I voted for him in 2015, but NEVER AGAIN I can't be fooled twice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos / Mass Exodus Hits Hausa (northern) Community In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.