Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle (28146 Views)

Sound Sultan Spoke On His Cancer Diagnosis ... Really Sad / Adesua Etomi Nurses Banky W After His Cancer Surgery / Banky W Undergoes Surgery For Skin Cancer Tumours (Photos From The Operation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by Letenwam: 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
Nigerian comedian, Basketmouth is a year older today and Banky W took a walk down the memory lane as he celebrated him on his big day.

Banky W who thanked Basketmouth for being a true friend through his cancer battle wrote; 

Almost a year ago, I was recovering from Cancer surgery in the US. It was a trying time for me.. for weeks I could barely move, I had tubes running out of my back draining blood, I was on so many pain meds and even then EVERYthing still hurt like hell. And one day out of the blue, Basketmouth called me to see how I was doing. He knew I was in the US but I hadn't told him about the surgery. We'd been friends for a long time, so when he sensed something was up, I told him what I was dealing with. Now at the time, he was on tour, while also visiting/caring for his family.. but as soon as he heard the details, he insisted on coming to visit me the next day before flying to Texas. He asked if I needed anything and I said no, but he kept insisting that there must be some groceries in Momsie's house that were finished, or something that I needed from the store that he could bring.

He wouldn't take no for an answer so I said okay, pls bring me a bottle of apple juice. My brother got a friend to drive him almost an hour out of their way, and showed up at the front door with like 3 months worth of apple juice. I kid you not. The bottles were MASSIVE. And then he sat with me for a couple hours, before his flight. We talked, he made me laugh, we compared testimonies and war stories, and just spent time catching up. We encouraged each other, and in a period where almost every day was incredibly painful, rough and downright depressing, he was an unexpected ray of sunshine that made me feel so much better.

So today I want to thank him for being my friend especially when I really needed one. Sometimes, that strong person who everyone leans on, needs someone to lean on too. He's one of the most gifted & accomplished entertainers I've ever met.. but more importantly, he's one of the kindest. May God bless you and reward you for all you do for others. May your back never be weary from the loads you bear. May your children be greater than you are. May the rest of your years be the best of your years. May your show at EKO HOTEL ON THE 29TH AND 30TH OF SEPT BE SOLD OUT. Honoured to call you my friend. Happy birthday bro. 
PS: Go get tickets to his show. Swipe left 4 details

https://lailasnews.com/banky-w-thanks-basketmouth-for-being-a-true-friend-through-his-cancer-battle/

Lalasticlala

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by Alejoc(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
Basketmouth is our hero of the day!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by itspzpics(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hmm

See more adorable photos Banky w shared to appreciate Baskemouth here >>> http://www.praizenews.com/banky-w-appreciates-baskemouth-cancer-battle/
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by Ekez(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
That's how we biafran take care of our geeee

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by celebgistz: 4:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
lovely

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by astOorR(m): 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2018
A friend in need....
May God send this kind of friend our way..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
But he didn't visit Julius agwu.
I never knew banky had cancer.Sorry bro.
Meanwhile,i hope it's not all this chinko imported Champaign and red wine that are infecting the livers of naija entertainers?

5 Likes

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by Ayoswit(f): 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
Everyone needs a friend like that but not everyone is lucky to have one embarassed

23 Likes

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
Big head with too much brain. #Banky

1 Like

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
If you collect money from buhari that cancer go kill you

1 Like

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by haryomikun(m): 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
Banky W's gratefulness to basketmouth is for being there for him in his times of trouble. I'm thanking him for making me laugh so hard through the years.

As a young boy, I hardly watched Nigerian comedy because it was so boring to me. The day all that changed was when i watched a particular edition basketmouth performed on Night of a thousands Laughs where he said that Marriage is a one channel thing and his friend was reversing his video tape to feel like he was walking out of the marriage.

Today, I have close to 100 videos of him performing on my laptop

Thank you basket, for cracking my ribs through the years. You gained a worthy fan

You're a Legend

46 Likes

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by yungbillionaire(m): 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
comshots:
Meanwhile,i hope it's not all this chinko imported Champaign and red wine that are infecting the livers of naija entertainers?

You wee not just want to have sense....if banky didn't come out to say this, how were we going to know.... So if he had done similar thing for Julius and no one speaks about it, will you know?.....i deey bed here ooh... Rubbish talk talk....

24 Likes

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by surveyProf(m): 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
nice gesture from basket mouth wishing u long life nd prosperity...

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by lanaVello1(m): 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ekez:
We're all humans furst smiley
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by Terror666(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
basketmouth for President

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2018
dis kyne small boi don dey geh cancer!

God I thank u 4 my life, me wey aaah nor geh billions, talkless of d one to take fight cancer.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by ELgordo(m): 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2018
Make I no talk
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by BecomeALandLord(m): 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
Nice one basket mouth
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by itiswellandwell: 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
Basketmouth is always there for his colleagues. Nice one basketbaba. That's what friends are meant for.
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by ACE1010: 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
Letenwam:
Nigerian comedian, Basketmouth is a year older today and Banky W took a walk down the memory lane as he celebrated him on his big day.

Banky W who thanked Basketmouth for being a true friend through his cancer battle wrote; 

Almost a year ago, I was recovering from Cancer surgery in the US. It was a trying time for me.. for weeks I could barely move, I had tubes running out of my back draining blood, I was on so many pain meds and even then EVERYthing still hurt like hell. And one day out of the blue, Basketmouth called me to see how I was doing. He knew I was in the US but I hadn't told him about the surgery. We'd been friends for a long time, so when he sensed something was up, I told him what I was dealing with. Now at the time, he was on tour, while also visiting/caring for his family.. but as soon as he heard the details, he insisted on coming to visit me the next day before flying to Texas. He asked if I needed anything and I said no, but he kept insisting that there must be some groceries in Momsie's house that were finished, or something that I needed from the store that he could bring.

He wouldn't take no for an answer so I said okay, pls bring me a bottle of apple juice. My brother got a friend to drive him almost an hour out of their way, and showed up at the front door with like 3 months worth of apple juice. I kid you not. The bottles were MASSIVE. And then he sat with me for a couple hours, before his flight. We talked, he made me laugh, we compared testimonies and war stories, and just spent time catching up. We encouraged each other, and in a period where almost every day was incredibly painful, rough and downright depressing, he was an unexpected ray of sunshine that made me feel so much better.

So today I want to thank him for being my friend especially when I really needed one. Sometimes, that strong person who everyone leans on, needs someone to lean on too. He's one of the most gifted & accomplished entertainers I've ever met.. but more importantly, he's one of the kindest. May God bless you and reward you for all you do for others. May your back never be weary from the loads you bear. May your children be greater than you are. May the rest of your years be the best of your years. May your show at EKO HOTEL ON THE 29TH AND 30TH OF SEPT BE SOLD OUT. Honoured to call you my friend. Happy birthday bro. 
PS: Go get tickets to his show. Swipe left 4 details

https://lailasnews.com/banky-w-thanks-basketmouth-for-being-a-true-friend-through-his-cancer-battle/

Lalasticlala

Basketmouth is a friend indeed..... Congrats man

1 Like

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ekez:
Yeye... go with your tribalism
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by ojonugwa25(m): 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
Happy birthday basketmouth,happy birthday to me too.
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by patogist: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
comshots:
Looks like you just got a smart phone

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by michlins(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
I want to also thank my friend kenechi who had my back when I was hospitalized. He would leave his workshop daily to spend time with me when everyone must have left me alone at home. You are a brother even though you might not see this message am greatful

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by omogidi234(m): 9:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
yungbillionaire:

You wee not just want to have sense....if banky didn't come out to say this, how were we going to know.... So if he had done similar thing for Julius and no one speaks about it, will you know?.....i deey bed here ooh... Rubbish talk talk....

Respect!
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by Banmeallday: 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
Terror666:
basketmouth for President

For what? Doing a good gesture?
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by chextlife(m): 4:27am On Sep 15, 2018
Amazing comment from BankyW to Basket mouth. It's good to be good.
Re: Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle by transcendmoi: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2018
YOU HAVE A PASSION TO DEVELOP MOBILE APPS – IKEJA & IKOYI CENTERS

Learn how to design, build, and publish iOS and Android mobile apps from scratch using a variety of tools, such as XCode, Swift, and Java.

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- 100% Practical Training from MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT Experts
- Basics of GRAPHICS DESIGN Training
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings

PLUS MORE!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (THEY USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours / Eliana Ameh: Kaffy Celebrates Her Daughter's 4th Birthday / I’ll Never Regret Loving You – Tonto Dikeh Pens Emotional Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.