Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences (5994 Views)

Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / What Is The Biblical Perspective On Domestic Violence? / Leadership: God's Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by sanpipita(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2018
This thread must be for ooni's new wife
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Benekruku(m): 8:58am On Oct 21, 2018
Thank God Obatala is not an idol

2 Likes

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by OyinO: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2018
Christianity is a combination of Paganism and Idolatory.

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Hassan88(m): 9:18am On Oct 21, 2018
No offence please. I'm a muslim by birth and i respect every religion on earth. I've a question which i'm yet to get a clear answer. I asked my christian frds but i got different anwers. My question is: who is God? Some said Jesus & i asked who is Jesus? some said God. I asked again, who created Jesus? Some said God. And who is God? They said Jesus. I need to clear my spych on this please. Please i'm not mocking any1. Like i said before , i respect every religion. Insults are welcome because i know they are not avoidable here. Thanks.
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 21, 2018
But it's not idolatry to have the worship the cross

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 10:26am On Oct 21, 2018
Hassan88:
No offence please. I'm a muslim by birth and i respect every religion on earth. I've a question which i'm yet to get a clear answer. I asked my christian frds but i got different anwers. My question is: who is God? Some said Jesus & i asked who is Jesus? some said God. I asked again, who created Jesus? Some said God. And who is God? They said Jesus. I need to clear my spych on this please. Please i'm not mocking any1. Like i said before , i respect every religion. Insults are welcome because i know they are not avoidable here. Thanks.

My brother, you won't be insulted.

I will respond to your question.

God almighty is UNSEEN. INVINCIBLE.

Jesus is the physical form of God.

Jesus is God in the flesh.

The Father exist ..but invincible.

The son exists.. but physically...

Those answers you have are correct...

Jesus is God. The physical form of God.

Jesus was not created.. God in the flesh.

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Agboki: 10:28am On Oct 21, 2018
Hassan88:

Oga jst leave confused pple!
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Hassan88(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Thank u very much brother, but to be honest with u, i'm more confused now.
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Why does he address God as Father since Jesus is God?
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2018
ollah1:
But it's not idolatry to have the worship the cross

We don't worship the Cross....

We worship the one who was on the cross. ..

The symbol of the cross cannot stop demonic attack....

Putting the Bible under a pillow is useless.. It doesn't save you.

Knowing the one on the cross and the word in the Bible is what prevent attack and save one from the destruction of hell..

Some people in the Bible called the name of Jesus to cast out demons... and the demons unleashed on them...

don't forget that they called the name of Jesus...

Calling the name of Jesus is not enough...

Knowing who you call is what matters.

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 21, 2018
Hassan88:
Thank u very much brother, but to be honest with u, i'm more confused now.

Lol, they know nothing!! Jesus is God and God is Jesus. Godammi!!
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Hassan88(m): 10:37am On Oct 21, 2018
Agboki:

Oga jst leave confused pple!
Smile
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 10:39am On Oct 21, 2018
ollah1:

Why does he address God as Father since Jesus is God?

The father exists... not seen.
the son is his physical form..
The son of a man is man... the son of God has the nature of God....
He is God...

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

We don't worship the Cross....

We worship the one who was on the cross. ..

The symbol of the cross cannot stop demonic attack....

Putting the Bible under a pillow is useless.. It doesn't save you.

Knowing the one on the cross and the word in the Bible is what prevent attack and save one from the destruction of hell..

Some people in the Bible called the name of Jesus to cast out demons... and the demons unleashed on them...

don't forget that they called the name of Jesus...

Calling the name of Jesus is not enough...

Knowing who you call is what matters.

The same way you worship the the one on the cross is the way traditionalist worship those in their sculptures too. But no, yours is acceptable and good but theirs is evil and idolatry. You guys preach nothing but hate yet turn around and accuse others.
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

The father exists... not seen.

the son is his physical form..

The son of a man is man... the son of God has the nature of God....

He is God...

So whenever Jesus talked about his Father, he was talking to himself. Madness at its peak
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 10:44am On Oct 21, 2018
ollah1:

So whenever Jesus talked about his Father, he was talking to himself. Madness at its peak

To you it is madness...

To those who understands... it is not.

The Greek says that the Gospel is foolishness.

The same Greek now says that Christ is the wisdom of God..

what has changed?

Knowledge. it is obtained after Coming to Jesus.

not before...

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

To you it is madness...

To those who understands... it is not.

The Greek says that the Gospel is foolishness.

The same Greek now says that Christ is the wisdom of God..

what has changed?

Knowledge. it is obtained after Coming to Jesus.

not before...

You still haven't answered my question

So whenever Jesus talked about his Father, he was talking to himself?
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 10:50am On Oct 21, 2018
ollah1:

You still haven't answered my question

So whenever Jesus talked about his Father, he was talking to himself?
You have concluded that it is madness..

Do you still want to know?

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

You have concluded that it is madness..

Do you still want to know?

Answer a simple question
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Hassan88(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2018
ollah1:

Lol, they know nothing!! Jesus is God and God is Jesus. Godammi!!
lol, I'll keep on asking this question until i am clear. But what i believe not even as a muslim but as a human is 'Jesus' is one of God's miracles on earth to show mankind how Great He(GOD) is. Jesus announced the coming of Muhammad( May the Blessings of All be Upon Him) He said, another will come, His name will be 'Ahmad'. But most importantly, a man's religion is his 'mind'.
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 10:59am On Oct 21, 2018
ollah1:

Answer a simple question
Jesus refers to God as his father. The unseen.
If my son refers to me as the father ...is he referring to himself?
Jesus refers to the father...
The father is God unseen... and the son is God in human form..

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Jesus refers to God as his father. The unseen.

If my son refers to me as the father ...is he referring to himself?

Jesus refers to the father...

The father is God unseen... and the son is God in human form..

Very stupid analogy. If a son refers someone as his Father, it's because the father exists independently. How the question which you have failed to answer

Is Jesus an independent figure?
Is God an independent figure?

If yes to both then why does Jesus refer to someone else(God) as Father?
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 11:18am On Oct 21, 2018
Benekruku:
Thank God Obatala is not an idol

Really?

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 11:19am On Oct 21, 2018
OyinO:
Christianity is a combination of Paganism and Idolatory.

You thank God for another god.

How many do we have here?

worshipping any other apart from the almighty is idolatry.

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2018
ollah1:

Very stupid analogy. If a son refers someone as his Father, it's because the father exists independently. How the question which you have failed to answer

Is Jesus an independent figure?
Is God an independent figure?

If yes to both then why does Jesus refer to someone else(God) as Father?

Your words have been... Madness.. Stupid... etc.

Your utterances speak of who you are.

I am done with you.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 11:32am On Oct 21, 2018
Hassan88:
lol, I'll keep on asking this question until i am clear. But what i believe not even as a muslim but as a human is 'Jesus' is one of God's miracles on earth to show mankind how Great He(GOD) is. Jesus announced the coming of Muhammad( May the Blessings of All be Upon Him) He said, another will come, His name will be 'Ahmad'. But most importantly, a man's religion is his 'mind'.

Can you refer me to where that is in the scriptures?

look at this:

" I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. "
(John 5: 43)

This "another " did not come in the name of the father...

So, who sent him?

He was indeed received... There are more muslims in Jerusalem.....

Christians are just 3 percent..

There is no other way..

Jesus said that he is the truth and the life.

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by OyinO: 11:44am On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

You thank God for another god.
How many do we have here?
worshipping any other apart from the almighty is idolatry.
Your own is your own almighty. Yet, it is your own almighty idol.
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by OyinO: 11:46am On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

I am done with you.
Peace.
Ollah is right. Flee from imperial religious bondage
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2018
OyinO:

Ollah is right. Flee from imperial religious bondage

You shall know the truth..... It shall then set you free...

I know the truth... I know the way...

I am free.

Anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus is condemned already...

" He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,

because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "
(John 3: 18)

Not at the judgement day... Now.

I am free...not condemned.

are you free?

do you know the way?...

1 Like

Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

I am done with you.

Peace.

You simply can't answer my question
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

You shall know the truth..... It shall then set you free...

I know the truth... I know the way...

I am free.

Anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus is condemned already...

Not at the judgement day... Now.

I am free...not condemned.

are you free?

do you know the way?...

Sums up the hate in Christianity
Re: God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences by Originakalokalo(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
ollah1:

You simply can't answer my question
Yes I cannot.

like I said earlier, I am done with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. / Dealing With Spiritual Oppression / That You Asked God And God Answered Does Not Mean You Asked For The Best Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.