Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit (13156 Views)

Bwala To President Tinubu: Ban Use Of Dollars For Local And International Trade / 9-Year-Old Girl Caught With Two PVCs At Polling Unit In Nasarawa / Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
gaddafe:
The solution to vote buying is as simple as 1,2,3, I don't want to believe the INEC are also searching for that solution. But this is surely not the solution. Instead Buhari and his people are planning ways to perfect in rigging. God will surely expose them. On that day, I'm going with my phone
name the 1 2 3 solution
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
Is it smartphones that are buying votes or the zoo politicians
This Hausa Fulani man no get sense o.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2018
bbxxxxxx:
The phone restriction should only be at the cubicle, an inec official will hold ur phone, give you the voting paper, after voting you collect ur phone and do what ever you want with it. That way you cannot show the vote buyers evidence that you actually voted for them.

Inec officials have no need to touch anyone's phone.

We are all going there with our phones that day, Nothing will stop us.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by gaddafe(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
name the 1 2 3 solution

You know when I saw this mention, my guess was the question you asked.

THE ANSWER: only the voter should be allowed into the room where the ballot box is kept, all party agents should be disallowed from entering. This can be achieved by reintroducing those mobile room where the ballot box is kept during Jega's era. The result of this is that after voting, no one will know who you have voted for.
This is how vote buying works (from experience); the voter is told to vote for party A for a sum of amount. He agrees, goes in while agents hang around to confirm if the voter will comply. Once the voter complies, the agent signals to another party member who might not be too close. But once the voting system is secret you don spoil work be that. So I personally think its a deliberate attempt not making the voting process secret
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Chuksgeo: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2018
DinoMelaye:

https://www.ngpolitics.com/vote-buying-inec-ban-smart-phones-polling-unit/

Meanwhile you need to re-learn English language or tenses because your use of the word THERE instead of THEIR is quite horrible
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by goodvision12(m): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2018
izzou:
But mobile phones usually help in presenting evidences of rigging during elections

Did INEC think of that too?
This is what i came here to say but thank God you have said it.This present Inec should go and learn the skills of conducting a credible election from more advanced countries than putting the blame on phone.This people will not cease to amaze me.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
I totally disagree with this INEC Chairman. Stopping smart phones will be an avenue to rig elections.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by holuphisayor(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
haha grin

So, that's how to stop vote buying? smh

Then bully opposition with police
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by rkennyking(m): 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
WE ALL NEED TO SEE THAT INEC IS HELPLESS WHEN IT COMES TO VOTE BUYING WITH THE EXISTING PROCESS. ITS VERY SIMPLE NO MATTER THE PENALTY ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY YOUR VOTE CAN SUCCESSFULLY DO SO WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE SO THERE IS NEED FOR SERIOUS AND VERY TACTICAL POLICIES LIKE THIS ONE TO CURTAIL SOMETHING LIKE THIS.
NOW IF YOU ARE A PARTY AGENT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE AT THE POLLING BOOT HENCE INEC CAN NOT EVACUATE YOU ELSE YOUR PRINCIPAL CRIES FOWL PLAY. SO YOU CAN EASILY BUY PEOPLE VOTES SYSTEMATICALLY.

BUT IF NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO TAKE PHONES WITH THEM ONCE YOU ARE WITH A BALLOT PAPER THIS WILL REDUCE THE EFFICIENCY OF VOTE BUYING.
SURE THEY WILL DEVICE OTHER WAYS OF BUYING VOTES BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE TO CUT THE ONE IDENTIFIED FIRST.

HOWEVER THIS IS MY OBJECTION , WHAT IS INEC PLANNING TO DO REGARDING IT'S STAFF COLLUDING WITH POLITICIANS TO PERPETUATE THIS ACT.
ALSO I HOPE THEIR WONT BE PREFRENCIAL TREATMENT IN APPLYING THIS POLICY

I THINK THE PARTIES INVOLVE SHOULD PROVIDE THEIR AGENTS WITH GADGETS SUCH AS CAMERA AND OTHER THINGS. I BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT IN EVERY POLLING CENTER THAT EVERY PART AGENTS HAVE A MEANS OF TAKING EVIDENCE AND BY LAW ANY CANDIDATE FOUND WANTING SHOULD BE DISQUALIFIED AT THAT POLLING CENTER. I ALSO PROPOSE THAT COLLATION OF RESULTS SHOULD IT BE AN INEC ONLY THING. WE SHOULD HAVE PRIVATE COLLATION BODIES SUCH THAT RESULTS CAN BE PROVEN BEYOND DOUBTS .
MY OPINION
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
gaddafe:

You know when I saw this mention, my guess was the question you asked.

THE ANSWER: only the voter should be allowed into the room where the ballot box is kept, all party agents should be disallowed from entering. This can be achieved by reintroducing those mobile room where the ballot box is kept during Jega's era. The result of this is that after voting, no one will know who you have voted for.
This is how vote buying works (from experience); the voter is told to vote for party A for a sum of amount. He agrees, goes in while agents hang around to confirm if the voter will comply. Once the voter complies, the agent signals to another party member who might not be too close. But once the voting system is secret you don spoil work be that. So I personally think its a deliberate attempt not making the voting process secret
Hmmm
And who will enforce this spoiling of work? Angels ba?
Only video evidence can spoil work and..... You know what I don't even care anymore. May the highest bidder win. Maybe opposition will complete projects that will empower voters beyond selling vote or 'buy ' the votes before, election day
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by IbrahimDamola: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
This INEC mallams think we are mor0ns. They don't want citizens to capture their rigging plans.
This is the same Abokki-run INEC that Juliusmalema the pretentious BMC Judas is asking IPOB to surrender to by registering as a political party. grin grin
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Blacknight28: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
Systematic gagging to subvert the collective will of the electorate just to keep the ruling party in power.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Jman06(m): 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2018
tumababa:

They want vote buying to stop. They plan to ban cameras from polling point to curb vote buying. They still say its a plan to rig. My God answer my prayer. This shithole no fit me.
How does banning smart phone stop vote buying??
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by ebenholer(m): 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2018
This Inec is a scam...What an analog mentality. The period when developed nation are getting everything digital. I think it is another plan to perfect rigging by ruling party. What a nation called Nigeria
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by OriginalCEO: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2018
ORDER your SPY wristwatches and glasses at affordable prices.. We go still capture the show no matter what..
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
This INEC mallams think we are mor0ns. They don't want citizens to capture their rigging plans.
This is the same Abokki-run INEC that Juliusmalema the pretentious BMC Judas is asking IPOB to surrender to by registering as a political party. grin grin

As I said earlier cursing or calling me names won't help this course.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by IbrahimDamola: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2018
Juliusmalema:

As I said earlier cursing or calling me names won't help this course.

But it will expose you as a pretentious zombie surely. grin
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Kingspin(m): 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
If Nigeria and Nigerians allow it then all of us are zoo.

In fact nobody should think of doing it in this digital world.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by somehow: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2018
Go with a camera if all you care about is to capture whatever.

The phone has been provened as a tool used by vote sellers ans buyers to transact.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Halo22: 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2018
We will not take it(in orubebe's voice). How can INEC say they want to curb use of smart phones, it Will not work. We must all go to the polling stations with our smart phones to snap, video and record any irregularity that might go on by APC agents....
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Ndonu101: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
there is no basis for this secrecy

if INEC is serious about free and fair election then they will encourage more cameras at the polling unit and not less

what about party agents? are they banned also?
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by TrueLEADER: 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2018
That goes to show you that Vote Buying is institutionalized by INEC itself.

How can you ban the means of capturing this anomaly?

Instead of Kill the parasite, they are shooting at the cure.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Tonytonex(m): 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2018
Another Plot to stop people from recording rigging .

1 Like

Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by lagosrd: 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
Useless and Visionless set of people. When the stuff turned against you people we will see what you will be doing by then.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Spatta: 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2018
Nigerian must reject this move to ban mobile phones on election, it has no bearing with the rigging

It is a plot to prevent people from taking picture evidence of vote counts

It is in fact a fundamental rights to carry your phones around as it is not infringing on the rights of other
Buhari is desperatly trying to keep us in the stone age to rig himself in

1 Like

Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by bonna4u(m): 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2018
Whosoever came up with this recommendation is either mad, stupid, crazy, desperate or clueless.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by djukum1: 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2018
ANOTHER FORM OF ELECTION RIGING. APC U PEOPLE HAVE FAILED. EVEDY THING WILL BE CAPTURE.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by hush15: 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
DinoMelaye:

https://www.ngpolitics.com/vote-buying-inec-ban-smart-phones-polling-unit/

Mr President didnt sign any bill to amend electoral act, so i wonder where inec got such law to base such rule

1 Like

Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by bbxxxxxx: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Inec officials have no need to touch anyone's phone.

We are all going there with our phones that day, Nothing will stop us.
, am not saying you shouldn't take ur phone to ur pooling unit,, what am saying is that nobody should be allowed to take mobile phone to the cubicle, no snapping of ballot papers to show as evidence of voting to vote buyers.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by adekaz777: 4:39am On Sep 16, 2018
CAPITAL NO! It's just to perfect rigging and not allow ppl to use their phone camera to capture the event. Its totally against human rights.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
bbxxxxxx:
, am not saying you shouldn't take ur phone to ur pooling unit,, what am saying is that nobody should be allowed to take mobile phone to the cubicle, no snapping of ballot papers to show as evidence of voting to vote buyers.

They do not need such a snapping evidence. Wen they did it in Anambra, The thugs gives u 3k or 4k and u proceed to the pooling boot and they stand a few feet away from the cubicle. As soon as u thumb print their preferred party, U turn n show dem the ballot paper and they confirm that u voted for them, Den u start going home.

If u fail to show dem d ballot paper or if u show dem the ballot paper and then they see that u didnt vote for their preferred party, They beat the hell out of u and collect back the money dey gave u.

Most nigerians dont have smartphones and as such vote buying will be unsuccessful if done only with smartphones.
Re: INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit by Cjrane2: 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

They do not need such a snapping evidence. Wen they did it in Anambra, The thugs gives u 3k or 4k and u proceed to the pooling boot and they stand a few feet away from the cubicle. As soon as u thumb print their preferred party, U turn n show dem the ballot paper and they confirm that u voted for them, Den u start going home.

If u fail to show dem d ballot paper or if u show dem the ballot paper and then they see that u didnt vote for their preferred party, They beat the hell out of u and collect back the money dey gave u.

Most nigerians dont have smartphones and as such vote buying will be unsuccessful if done only with smartphones.

Such brazen attempt to silence the citizens from exposing the money sharing taking place in their polling stations and taking pictures of the announced results show that INEC is determined to rig the elections for Buhari.

The INEC chairman should resign for peaceful conduct of the 2019 elections. He is bent on bringing mayhem to Nigeria in the guise of organizing a sham election.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan, Africa’s Most Pragmatic Leader –IBB / Babangida: Military Started Development, Democracy & Free Market Economy / More Factories, Businesses May Shut Down As Diesel Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.